IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 250.
#7701 4 years ago

Woohooo, just ordered my Laseriffic Topper for 20% off Black Friday deal.. Excited.

#7702 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Woohooo, just ordered my Laseriffic Topper for 20% off Black Friday deal.. Excited.

How did you get the discount? I checked on getting one and it still shows full price

#7703 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I have the swinks rackets and I also replaced the thin target foam with thicker foam. This almost totally cut the airballs out. I actually removed the airball protector because it wasn’t needed. The j my time I get any air is if I miss the target and hit the side of it at just the right angle.

Me too, i dont get airballs anymore after installing the swinks brackets and thicker foam. I removed my airball protector as well.

#7704 4 years ago

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I updated my code to 1.17, I have a premium. I think I clicked on the LE code when downloading, and the file has le in it. Looking at the readme file, it does seem that the LE/Premium go together, so did I still get and load the proper code? Just wanting to make sure. It says the LE code on the screen when I turn it on, and I don't remember if it said that or premium in the past. I did download the code from the premium code link, and it has the same file name with le on it that the one I downloaded and loaded had.

#7705 4 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I updated my code to 1.17, I have a premium. I think I clicked on the LE code when downloading, and the file has le in it. Looking at the readme file, it does seem that the LE/Premium go together, so did I still get and load the proper code? Just wanting to make sure. It says the LE code on the screen when I turn it on, and I don't remember if it said that or premium in the past. I did download the code from the premium code link, and it has the same file name with le on it that the one I downloaded and loaded had.

It's the same code. There is no functional difference between the premium and LE pins as there is for the pro.

#7706 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's the same code. There is no functional difference between the premium and LE pins as there is for the pro.

Thanks for your response

#7707 4 years ago

Hi, I'm trying to assemble the Pinball Life Center Post, but having problems putting the screw in the rubber drain post.

Attached is a picture of the farthest I can get this screw in, but not far enough for it to be tight with the plastic.

Am I doing something wrong here? Been tearing my fingers up trying to get it in even this far.

Thanks for any help you can give! G

IMG_5608 (resized).JPGIMG_5608 (resized).JPG
#7708 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Hi, I'm trying to assemble the Pinball Life Center Post, but having problems putting the screw in the rubber drain post.
Attached is a picture of the farthest I can get this screw in, but not far enough for it to be tight with the plastic.
Am I doing something wrong here? Been tearing my fingers up trying to get it in even this far.
Thanks for any help you can give! G[quoted image]

Looks like you should be able to get a deep wall socket on the plastic post to hold it in place.

#7709 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Looks like you should be able to get a deep wall socket on the plastic post to hold it in place.

Needle nose pliers on base of the post on one end and a screw driver on the other. That'll get you there.

#7710 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Needle nose pliers on base of the post on one end and a screw driver on the other. That'll get you there.

That worked! Thanks. G

#7711 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

That worked! Thanks. G

Anytime. That's from years of getting those little buggers lose restoring pins. It can sometimes be just as tough to get them apart as it is cutting new threads in the plastic (which is what you were doing and why it's takes some torque).

#7713 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

How did you get the discount? I checked on getting one and it still shows full price

Sorry, just saw this. I think it was discounted from the start. Were you able to get it?

#7714 4 years ago

I can confirm it was discounted right when I added it too. Good price but couldn't pull the trigger. I'm trying to condition myself to not waste money on toppers bc even though it's cheaper it's still got that Pinball inflation all over it and its just not necessary.

I was thinking about GB and Tron which with discount is still 350 to your door. Damn

#7715 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I have the swinks rackets and I also replaced the thin target foam with thicker foam. This almost totally cut the airballs out. I actually removed the airball protector because it wasn’t needed. The j my time I get any air is if I miss the target and hit the side of it at just the right angle.

Who sells thicker target foam?

#7716 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I think I got mine from pinball life. It’s been a while. I buy it in bulk.

#7717 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

You can get door insulating foam by the foot from the hardware store for next to nothing. I've used that before when I didn't have a full order for PBL.

#7718 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Sorry, just saw this. I think it was discounted from the start. Were you able to get it?

I was able to get it from laseriffic at the discount price.

#7719 4 years ago

Has anyone installed the Cliffy scoop protectors for Librarian and SF scoops? I’m going to install them this wk on my GBprem and just wondering how much playfield has to be pulled off to get to these guys? Thanks for any advise!

#7720 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Has anyone installed the Cliffy scoop protectors for Librarian and SF scoops? I’m going to install them this wk on my GBprem and just wondering how much playfield has to be pulled off to get to these guys? Thanks for any advise!

Yours didnt come with protectors already??

#7721 4 years ago

Anyone have install instructions for the Laseriffic topper? It came with an instruction sheet but I cannot read the image on it. Just need to know where it plugs into in the backbox.

Thanks.

#7722 4 years ago

Anyone with an led colordmd on GB, what do you have your settings at?

#7723 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Brightness and Contrast both at 5

#7724 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Contrast at 8 and brightness at 4 i think. Something like that.

#7725 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone have install instructions for the Laseriffic topper? It came with an instruction sheet but I cannot read the image on it. Just need to know where it plugs into in the backbox.
Thanks.

Anyone?

#7726 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks.

Anyone?

#7727 4 years ago

Did you check there site or YouTube?

#7728 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Did you check there site or YouTube?

Yes and yes.... I see one for Dead Pool and am assuming it might be the same since that is Spike system also.

#7729 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Yours didnt come with protectors already??

Yes it came with factory ‘copycat Cliffys’ but they are thin/cheap and both have buckled just enough to throw the trajectory of the ball off to send it down the drain randomly.
So does anyone have any experience with putting the Cliffys on GBprem scoops? Or is everyone busy over on the SW Topper posts lol.....THX for any help!

#7730 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Yes it came with factory ‘copycat Cliffys’ but they are thin/cheap and both have buckled just enough to throw the trajectory of the ball off to send it down the drain randomly.
So does anyone have any experience with putting the Cliffys on GBprem scoops? Or is everyone busy over on the SW Topper posts lol.....THX for any help!

I dont think ive heard of anyone having a problem with the ones that came from Stern..

I have heard of people having issues with the scoop not relating to the cliffy pieces on the playfield. I dont really think it makes sense for the playfield protectors to be causing your ball to be off trajectory. The VUK's launch the ball upward hitting the scoop and out, not touching the playfield protector. At least thats how I have thought it works and why they have those "scoops" there..

#7731 4 years ago

Another question for those with the Laseriffic topper.

It says to plug into CN6.. but I have a color dmd that already is plugged into CN6.

Any ideas?

#7732 4 years ago

Color DMD usually sends a splitter. That’s all you should need

#7733 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Another question for those with the Laseriffic topper.
It says to plug into CN6.. but I have a color dmd that already is plugged into CN6.
Any ideas?

This is how my color dmd and topper are hooked up to myGB premium. I bought the game this way so not really sure who provided the splitter or if it’s installed correctly.

1A17E1B0-95F8-4452-9E91-73730473B752 (resized).jpeg1A17E1B0-95F8-4452-9E91-73730473B752 (resized).jpeg
#7734 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I dont really think it makes sense for the playfield protectors to be causing your ball to be off trajectory. The VUK's launch the ball upward hitting the scoop and out, not touching the playfield protector. At least thats how I have thought it works and why they have those "scoops" there..

It has nothing to do with the vuk’s, the factory metal playfield protectors are thin and have slightly buckled/warped so when the ball comes around the orbit the metal is not flush with the playfield and thus the ball direction gets altered.
Anyway, again I’m just asking if anyone that has changed theirs out with Cliffy’s could chime in with any pointers. THX

#7735 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Thanks. I think i still have the box so ill check that..

#7736 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Mine did not come with a splitter after checking. I have all the original hardware that came with it. All that I found is this, but im pretty sure this came off of my TWD machine..

20191207_082153 (resized).jpg20191207_082153 (resized).jpg
#7737 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

has nothing to do with the vuk’s, the factory metal playfield protectors are thin and have slightly buckled/warped so when the ball comes around the orbit the metal is not flush with the playfield and thus the ball direction gets altered.

Mine does the same. It is the protector in my case as well

#7738 4 years ago

For the Laseriffic topper.. This doesnt come with a remote? Mine just changes colors very quickly. Is that what it is supposed to do?? Not really liking that. If anything, a slow fade would be good but this is almost like a strobe...

#7739 4 years ago

Picked up my 1st machine today which was a GB Pro. Noticed there was a lot of air balls. Also noticed the Default setting was set to "hard" on the flippers. Has anyone noticed if you change it to normal there is less air balls?

#7740 4 years ago
Quoted from Electro0195:

Picked up my 1st machine today which was a GB Pro. Noticed there was a lot of air balls. Also noticed the Default setting was set to "hard" on the flippers. Has anyone noticed if you change it to normal there is less air balls?

congratulations, fun game

reducing the power may reduce a few of the high energy airballs but the issue is in the design of the target and it's facing angle. 2 major contributors to the airballs are:
- the targets are lower and now vertical compared to 90's williams and early 2000 stern's
- glancing side hit of the target

best way to reduce the airballs is upgrade the target brackets as this lifts the targets and tilts them forward greatly (not 100%) reducing the airballs
selfish plug to my brackets > go to the ghostbusters poster and go to the link and locate the brackets
https://swinks.com.au/dmd-parts

#7741 4 years ago
Quoted from Electro0195:

Of course there are always options

Sold a ton of these to reduce all those airballs.

Nice option here is it gives you a “shelf” or place to mount mods - say like a Ecto car, etc.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-ampamp-right-orbit-protectors

#7742 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

It has nothing to do with the vuk’s, the factory metal playfield protectors are thin and have slightly buckled/warped so when the ball comes around the orbit the metal is not flush with the playfield and thus the ball direction gets altered.
Anyway, again I’m just asking if anyone that has changed theirs out with Cliffy’s could chime in with any pointers. THX

I bought the full cliffs set and installed all but the left scoop as that looked like too much work considering that the stock protector was not bent up. The rest was pretty straight forward but does take time. Hopefully that helps.

I then installed a full playfield protector, the new thinner type (I had just installed a fully populated GBLE PF (stern swap) and waited for the cliffies and PF protector). The cliffies may be redundant with a PF protector but I don't regret buying and doing it all, the pin is a keeper for me.

#7743 4 years ago

Joining the club today with a huo Pro! Ill post a pic when i get it set up. Its got a shaker, blades and air ball protector. Anything else is a must have for this title?

#7744 4 years ago

Knocker!

#7745 4 years ago

I love lighting the left scoop green and the right saucer, red. What really sets off the
Look of the
Game is a purple light strip above the back panel and center ball drain.

#7746 4 years ago

I like the glow the dark rubbers from Titan. Matches great with the game.

#7747 4 years ago

Pin is up and running!

D633F44E-5421-41E7-98A2-74606CE06A96 (resized).jpegD633F44E-5421-41E7-98A2-74606CE06A96 (resized).jpeg
#7748 4 years ago

Are you guys lowering the brightness on anything? I’m thinking maybe flashers and backbox while playing.

#7749 4 years ago
Quoted from SpinnerAddict:

Are you guys lowering the brightness on anything? I’m thinking maybe flashers and backbox while playing.

Just the backbox on mine.

#7750 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Just the backbox on mine.

Me too, my backbox during gameplay is at about 75%

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/155?hl=oradke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.