IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 248.
#7651 4 years ago

The sound occurs when I'm in between games or sometimes when I power it off (not as frequent). It has happened on my original code (1.06) and the latest update. It doesn't happen every time I use it - probably every other time or every third.

#7652 4 years ago
Quoted from EBDixson:

The sound occurs when I'm in between games or sometimes when I power it off (not as frequent). It has happened on my original code (1.06) and the latest update. It doesn't happen every time I use it - probably every other time or every third.

This is the sound it makes when you get a free game for the last 2 digits of your score matching their random 2 digits. Most pinball machines have this feature.

#7653 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Yes you have to carefully and gently bend it so it has clearance to not foul on the metal bracketing

Seems really stiff. Afraid to break it.

This never used to be an issue.

#7654 4 years ago

I got the flippers replaced. So easy but huge pain in the butt. LOL. They definitely make a difference.

#7655 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Seems really stiff. Afraid to break it.
This never used to be an issue.

its a little tweak clockwise if that means anything to you, but yes its a risk where it could break. see if you can move the wire form a touch. Mine worked ok too and then started to grab later on. I guess things move in time

#7656 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

its a little tweak clockwise if that means anything to you, but yes its a risk where it could break. see if you can move the wire form a touch. Mine worked ok too and then started to grab later on. I guess things move in time

I think I know what you mean by tweak clockwise, but do you do it while it's in it's slot, or did you remove it first?

#7657 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I got the flippers replaced. So easy but huge pain in the butt. LOL. They definitely make a difference.

I did this so many times, since i tested different flipper angles. you just need the right leverage.
I put the long side of an Allen wrench into the screw head and turn it with a plier for the right leverage.
Once you get used to it, its a very fast fix.

#7658 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I did this so many times, since i tested different flipper angles. you just need the right leverage.
I put the long side of an Allen wrench into the screw head and turn it with a plier for the right leverage.
Once you get used to it, its a very fast fix.

I had to use pliers for leverage. The left side was a little tough as it was very close to the board. In the end I got it. The carrot flippers are working well. It definitely makes a difference.

#7659 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I had to use pliers for leverage. The left side was a little tough as it was very close to the board. In the end I got it. The carrot flippers are working well. It definitely makes a difference.

I used them too in the beginning. After I learned how to play i swaped them back and it made no difference in difficulty,
but the shots felt easier. I guess it has to do with the angles. You should give it a try after some time.

#7660 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I used them too in the beginning. After I learned how to play i swaped them back and it made no difference in difficulty,
but the shots felt easier. I guess it has to do with the angles. You should give it a try after some time.

The flippers are more for my wife and kids. They are all brand new to pinball. I've been putting up some decent games without them. They definitely had longer playing games with the larger flippers. I'm not sure I'm ready for a center post.

#7661 4 years ago

Thank you everyone for the suggestions - I'm pretty certain it was the free game/knocker after reading the suggestions and watching a few videos online. I turned the sound off (setting it to low didn't seem to noticeably help) and will report back if it doesn't resolve it.

#7662 4 years ago
Quoted from EBDixson:

Thank you everyone for the suggestions - I'm pretty certain it was the free game/knocker after reading the suggestions and watching a few videos online. I turned the sound off (setting it to low didn't seem to noticeably help) and will report back if it doesn't resolve it.

I was out of pinball for 20 years. When I got my first machine the new "sound" threw me off as well. LOL. I was used to the old knock.

#7663 4 years ago

I just tried updating my color DMD, which I have never done before. I followed the instructions on their website and everything seemed to go smooth. However, I don't see any updated color on certain screens.

I have a sigma board, and noticed that it was only 3.0 while the chroma board is at 4.0

Could this be the reason why?

#7664 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

I just tried updating my color DMD, which I have never done before. I followed the instructions on their website and everything seemed to go smooth. However, I don't see any updated color on certain screens.
I have a sigma board, and noticed that it was only 3.0 while the chroma board is at 4.0
Could this be the reason why?

There is specific code for each of the boards. The code for the older boards is not released yet for some reason (I also have an older board in mine). Ohh and don't bother to ask when it'll be ready, you'll just be told "it'll be ready when it's ready, calm down" from very helpful forum members.....

#7665 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

There is specific code for each of the boards. The code for the older boards is not released yet for some reason (I also have an older board in mine). Ohh and don't bother to ask when it'll be ready, you'll just be told "it'll be ready when it's ready, calm down" from very helpful forum members.....

Haha, I had a feeling that was the case. I've just never had a color dmd before. I bought my gble with it installed

#7666 4 years ago

Had friends and family over last night and played some pinball. This is the only time I have the scare feature on It was great. Game shuts off, they looked like they broke something, then you hear that scream throughout the house. The looks on their faces are priceless Time to turn it off again.

#7667 4 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with the flippers shutting down in the middle of trying to hit Slimer to light the scenes? It's happened to me about 3 or 4 times. It's happened to my son a couple of times as well. It's always after I hit the ghosts targets and I'm trying to hit Slimer. It's like it registers a middle drain. Unfortunately, I've had no luck updating to the .17 code with 4 USB drives and 800 tries.

#7668 4 years ago

OK, I'm a new member. Just got a GB Premium. Has lots of mods including real knocker; shaker; side blades. I added voodoo glass which you can "see" in the pictures.

My first question. I finally started one of the multi-balls (Station facility) and noticed the strobe-like flashing of all the lights. It was almost overload for me. I don't know if this is normal, if I can adjust this, or maybe the previous owner changed the bulbs.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

IMG_0109 (resized).jpegIMG_0109 (resized).jpegIMG_0110 (resized).jpegIMG_0110 (resized).jpegIMG_0111 (resized).jpegIMG_0111 (resized).jpegIMG_0112 (resized).jpegIMG_0112 (resized).jpegIMG_0113 (resized).jpegIMG_0113 (resized).jpegIMG_0114 (resized).jpegIMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
#7669 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

OK, I'm a new member. Just got a GB Premium. Has lots of mods including real knocker; shaker; side blades. I added voodoo glass which you can "see" in the pictures.
My first question. I finally started one of the multi-balls (Station facility) and noticed the strobe-like flashing of all the lights. It was almost overload for me. I don't know if this is normal, if I can adjust this, or maybe the previous owner changed the bulbs.
Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There are adjustments in the menu for flasher brightness.

#7670 4 years ago

It’s normal. In the setting you can change the brightness of the GI, inserts and flashers.

#7671 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thanks.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that pinstadium or some sort of UV lighting?

#7672 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Is that pinstadium or some sort of UV lighting?

No pinstadium. Previous owner put in purple GI lights. But, when I saw the ad, I thought the same thing too.

#7673 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

There are adjustments in the menu for flasher brightness.

Thanks, will check the menu options.

#7674 4 years ago

I can't find the Walking Stay puff mod. Anyone know where I can find one?

#7675 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I can't find the Walking Stay puff mod. Anyone know where I can find one?

I'm sure it was a mezelmod...

#7676 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I'm sure it was a mezelmod...

They show out of stock...

#7677 4 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

They show out of stock...

Drop an email, they may be able to help out.

#7678 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

No pinstadium. Previous owner put in purple GI lights. But, when I saw the ad, I thought the same thing too.

Gotcha. That is a heck of a lot of purple for sure. Must have been their favorite color or something.

#7679 4 years ago

Finally made a bibliophilic commitment and modded out my GB-LE with some really cool, realistic miniature occult books I had. Looks better than the lighted books mods I've seen. What do you think?

Books-GBusters - 2 (resized).jpgBooks-GBusters - 2 (resized).jpgBooks-GBusters - 1 (resized).jpgBooks-GBusters - 1 (resized).jpgBooks-GBusters - 3 (resized).jpgBooks-GBusters - 3 (resized).jpg
#7680 4 years ago

That looks fantastic!!

#7681 4 years ago

look cool, where did you get them from?

#7682 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Why does your game look so dark and mushy? What the hell happened to it?

#7683 4 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Finally made a bibliophilic commitment and modded out my GB-LE with some really cool, realistic miniature occult books I had. Looks better than the lighted books mods I've seen. What do you think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I found some on Etsy. How did you fasten them to the game?

#7684 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

That looks fantastic!!

Thanks!

#7685 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I found some on Etsy. How did you fasten them to the game?

I used double-sided tape. Worked perfectly and very solid holding power. From Joanne’s Fabrics:

87A5B1A3-2C5E-4742-97FC-3ACCB64EE996 (resized).jpeg87A5B1A3-2C5E-4742-97FC-3ACCB64EE996 (resized).jpeg
#7686 4 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Finally made a bibliophilic commitment and modded out my GB-LE with some really cool, realistic miniature occult books I had. Looks better than the lighted books mods I've seen. What do you think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks good but how it is going to handle airballs? I have one of the book stack mods and it gets hammered by them.

#7687 4 years ago

We no longer got one. It was our first pin and just sold it to a great guy. I know he’ll take care of it.

Enjoy the game everyone. Never will understand the hate. What a great game!

#7688 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It looks good but how it is going to handle airballs? I have one of the book stack mods and it gets hammered by them.

Airball protector on that left ramp side and flippers set to soft and haven't had a single airball. I have the colored book stack mod from ModFather and it’s never been hit once.

#7689 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Airball protector on that left ramp side and flippers set to soft and haven't had a single airball. I have the colored book stack mod from ModFather and it’s never been hit once.

Yea thats the one that I have. It gets hit so often that the bracket is bent and i had to raise it up. I have the airball protector also.

#7690 4 years ago
Quoted from Oshara:

We no longer got one. It was our first pin and just sold it to a great guy. I know he’ll take care of it.
Enjoy the game everyone. Never will understand the hate. What a great game!

Once again I love the GB property and before I played one I sort of believed the hype about it being a bad game, then people unloaded them after the controversy, and finally I played one and I couldn't believe how much I loved it. It has the perfect amount of items on the playfield relative to the property, I love the colors, theme, and the new code is a blast.

#7691 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I have the airball protector and I never get airballs anymore. The books are also glued together using Elmer's Wood Glue, and they are very firmly attached to each other.

#7692 4 years ago

Which airball protector is everyone using? I would think that there should be enough play time on all the different versions now that one has risen to the top as the design of choice.

#7693 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Which airball protector is everyone using? I would think that there should be enough play time on all the different versions now that one has risen to the top as the design of choice.

I forget I bought mine so long ago. I did just buy the Shapeways brackets for the targets since I still get airballs, so hoping this will fix it for good.

#7694 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

cpr9999 made the top guard which controls the airballs

and I provide the bracket option which tilt the target forward & tilt up to greatly reduce the airballs
https://swinks.com.au/dmd-parts and go down to Ghostbuster

neither totally remove the airballs as the pan angle of the target also contributes to the airballs as well.

#7695 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I bought these and love them.

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/ghostbusters-air-ball-deflector-and-ecto-goggle-protector-set-coming-soon?variant=28008797128

And I bought these to close the gaps near the flippers.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6990-00

#7696 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

and I provide the bracket option which tilt the target forward & tilt up to greatly reduce the airballs
neither totally remove the airballs as the pan angle of the target also contributes to the airballs as well.

I have the swinks rackets and I also replaced the thin target foam with thicker foam. This almost totally cut the airballs out. I actually removed the airball protector because it wasn’t needed. The j my time I get any air is if I miss the target and hit the side of it at just the right angle.

#7697 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Agree

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-3

#7698 4 years ago

Custom code for V1.17... enjoy and happy Thanksgiving!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-custom-code-v113

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 49.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eden Prairie, MN
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
$ 96.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
15,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/154 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.