IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 250.
#7601 4 years ago

Is the new code good on the pro now? Does it make it a better pro?

#7602 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is the first revision of the Containment Mod for the "Pro" only as it currently only has the flat plastic.
- everything fits well though will change the way the stock light boards fasten in a little.
- hides the spot light post nicely
- everything will be purchasable from shapeways and just requires a simply assembly and uses the existing light boards from the perspex panel.
- it has a light in the open door section that still needs to be connected using a star post light board from comet (already installed and can't be seen) which will hopefully light when the Storage Facility insert lights up to show you to shoot there.
- the only thing I have to experiment with is painting or using a marker to add shadow lines etc - what you see is straight from Shapeways and is nice and clean and red.
The door is open, though would people prefer the door closed.
I will try a camera tomorrow as the phone doesn't take the best photos, just loses detail, sorry
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

That looks awesome. My only suggestion is to make the slot big enough for the Mattel ghosttrap. One that is easily acquired on ebay. The one that came with the 12" figures would be neat in there.

#7603 4 years ago

I have a question regarding the nudging on GB.
On other games it makes more sense to me, since the inlanes/ outlanes have rubbers on the top.
Normaly shaking will cause the ball to move outwards, but with the metal rail guide the ball seems
to stick to the metal once it touches it and it will find the way down the outlane.

What is your way to nudge the GB pin? I'm interested in every insight you can give me.

#7604 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I have a question regarding the nudging on GB.
On other games it makes more sense to me, since the inlanes/ outlanes have rubbers on the top.
Normaly shaking will cause the ball to move outwards, but with the metal rail guide the ball seems
to stick to the metal once it touches it and it will find the way down the outlane.
What is your way to nudge the GB pin? I'm interested in every insight you can give me.

If its sticking, perhaps the balls got magnetized a little?

#7605 4 years ago

swinks If the door is left open is there an opportunity for the ball to get stuck there or is there not enough room?

#7606 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Never let the ball get past the sling. If you do, you’re nudging too late.

#7607 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

If its sticking, perhaps the balls got magnetized a little?

No, they are not magnetized. It's just the extrem bounce difference in comparison to the rubber material.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Never let the ball get past the sling. If you do, you’re nudging too late.

ah thats interesting, im on my way there. I notice how I'm getting better at ball path travel prediction, but this takes hundreds of hours.
even though, with other pins im much more able to prevent ball draining with shaking when the ball went past the sling.

Is there a training method to get better at this specific skill?
I have some routines for shot accuracy which helps alot, but it looks like I'll never be able to prevent those out lane drains.

#7608 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Is there a training method to get better at this specific skill?

Playing hundreds of hours while specifically concentrating on this helps.

#7609 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Playing hundreds of hours while specifically concentrating on this helps.

thats not what i wanted to hear
but thank you!

#7610 4 years ago

I finally upgraded my leg bolt plates, last night. I didn’t have any signs of cabinet splitting. This will help it stay that way.

6490A23C-31FC-4266-AFD3-600D28A9BF65 (resized).jpeg6490A23C-31FC-4266-AFD3-600D28A9BF65 (resized).jpeg9030FC5A-21F7-4EE5-91A0-755470CE7805 (resized).jpeg9030FC5A-21F7-4EE5-91A0-755470CE7805 (resized).jpeg3100172F-74AB-4906-A91A-088DAB013A68 (resized).jpeg3100172F-74AB-4906-A91A-088DAB013A68 (resized).jpegDE20D05C-BD7C-470D-B386-B7323180C109 (resized).jpegDE20D05C-BD7C-470D-B386-B7323180C109 (resized).jpeg87864325-8CF3-4733-9E2D-8CBD0DE7F5AC (resized).jpeg87864325-8CF3-4733-9E2D-8CBD0DE7F5AC (resized).jpeg
#7611 4 years ago

yep, all color now...test GOD mode to make sure, 1st thing

#7612 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

That looks awesome. My only suggestion is to make the slot big enough for the Mattel ghosttrap. One that is easily acquired on ebay. The one that came with the 12" figures would be neat in there.

I can confirm it fits, just, a little snug - I will modify to be a little looser

Quoted from Fifty:

swinks If the door is left open is there an opportunity for the ball to get stuck there or is there not enough room?

I checked all around and no hang up points on the door or either side or on top

here are some better photos

DSCF0234 (resized).JPGDSCF0234 (resized).JPGDSCF0237 (resized).JPGDSCF0237 (resized).JPGDSCF0243 (resized).JPGDSCF0243 (resized).JPG
#7613 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I checked all around and no hang up points on the door or either side or on top
here are some better photos[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks fantastic. Are you treating it with any decals? I checked the image gallery, but I didn't see one with decals.

#7614 4 years ago

...oops

#7615 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

It looks fantastic. Are you treating it with any decals? I checked the image gallery, but I didn't see one with decals.

I am thinking it needs some details

#7616 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I am thinking it needs some details

Sent you a pm about decals. Also you could easily dry brush some silver over the edges to give it a weathered look.

I don't think it'd hurt anything to put those covers over the lights. I would either put rivets in the model or the decals. I really love that design.

8dc9eae3a878992ab925168c7dc8f8b3 (resized).jpg8dc9eae3a878992ab925168c7dc8f8b3 (resized).jpg
#7617 4 years ago

another mod

here is the construction link
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-containment-unit-upgrade
73ee59770e5c5c39abda21abe33765d38e46788b (resized).jpg73ee59770e5c5c39abda21abe33765d38e46788b (resized).jpg

#7618 4 years ago

I like that one, bought one myself to mod, but have an LE so there is no direct need. I like when there is not to much detail, since the rest in the machine is also a bit cartoony. I would not make it to realistic, it will just be out of place. With all mods is to look at the machine and see where things can blend in. The best mods are the ones that people think was done by the factory.

#7619 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I like that one, bought one myself to mod, but have an LE so there is no direct need. I like when there is not to much detail, since the rest in the machine is also a bit cartoony. I would not make it to realistic, it will just be out of place. With all mods is to look at the machine and see where things can blend in. The best mods are the ones that people think was done by the factory.

Iteresting view. In this case the swinks's red containment unit could fit your needs well, (if painted!).
Personally I enjoy the detailed model and I think its on par with the library of the LE.

#7620 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It's all colored now. Looks good.
Pink slime and all!

Yes pink slime! Good work Color DMD. Will update tonight

#7621 4 years ago

How hard is it to update the color dmd ?

#7622 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Easy. Just load the chroma.rom onto a usb stick. Plug it into the dmd board. Then hold down the left most button (of the 4) until the display goes blank. Then just wait a couple minutes for the display to come back on. That's it. I updated last night and saw the new Librarian mode.

#7623 4 years ago

yeah I bought that unit but it is very large and was aiming for a compromise.

with mine the direct 3d printing in red is a little more washed out in colour than I hoped and the details are lost visually especially in photos but also game lighting. I was hoping for a mod that people can purchase themselves to save on costs but when painting is required it is proven that they rarely sell well and if I paint them the cost goes up so not sure if I will proceed with this mod.

Quoted from PeterG:

each to there own, mods are very personal, and personally I don't like the Premium / LE stock one as it is too far the other way. The city and library is semi realistic but the colour changes the feel and maybe that is all I have to play with?? I agree with you though the best mods are the ones that seem factory and these are a tough one to achieve though feel I did with the Snackbar Mod

Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Sent you a pm about decals. Also you could easily dry brush some silver over the edges to give it a weathered look.
I don't think it'd hurt anything to put those covers over the lights. I would either put rivets in the model or the decals. I really love that design.[quoted image]

thanks for the help / info, I will have to look into the the dry brush aged look

#7624 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

It is a tough 45 seconds waiting for that Done LED to get lit for it to be in color.

#7625 4 years ago

Color and Code now up to speed

Hope Mudflaps is able to work magic regarding 1.17 on the sound upgrades

Got so used to them when 1.13 was it for quite a while

#7626 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

yep, all color now...test GOD mode to make sure, 1st thing

When the news papers come up announcing the next level

Should they still be in a gray scale ?

The rest all looks fine esp ARE YOU A GOD is now in color - just didn’t know nor have any local owners with color dmd

#7627 4 years ago

Excited to be joining the club this weekend. Picking up a nice HUO pro. I’ve only played the LE so wondering how much different gameplay is between the two.

#7628 4 years ago
Quoted from juandylan:

Excited to be joining the club this weekend. Picking up a nice HUO pro. I’ve only played the LE so wondering how much different gameplay is between the two.

You’re about to find out!

#7629 4 years ago

I still only see the new color DMD code for the Chroma boards, when is the 1.3/1.2 code going to drop, as I have a older board in there.

#7630 4 years ago

I never post...so in perspective, this is cool to go next to my premium with caption “Oh shit, there’s something you don’t see everyday”. Great art.

2765A468-96F6-48FA-AD68-2B075FC07C98.jpeg2765A468-96F6-48FA-AD68-2B075FC07C98.jpeg
#7631 4 years ago
Quoted from Jokerman:

I never post...so in perspective, this is cool to go next to my premium with caption “Oh shit, there’s something you don’t see everyday”. Great art.[quoted image]

wow looks nice!

#7632 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

wow looks nice!

Agreed! What are the details on that image? Artist, availability, etc?

#7633 4 years ago
Quoted from juandylan:

I’ve played both and own a Pro. You will love it; smooth and fast.

#7634 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Color and Code now up to speed
Hope Mudflaps is able to work magic regarding 1.17 on the sound upgrades
Got so used to them when 1.13 was it for quite a while

I’m working on it!

#7635 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I still only see the new color DMD code for the Chroma boards, when is the 1.3/1.2 code going to drop, as I have a older board in there.

It will be done when it gets announced. Keep calm.

#7636 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It will be done when it gets announced. Keep calm.

That's super helpful, thanks

#7637 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Go to the hardware store and get this $10 mini ratchet (comes with a bunch of different bits so its handy for other projects). It takes a few minutes to figure out how to stretch your fingers in those tight areas but its just two screws and swap out the new mirror and you're done. No need to take the whole backboard off etc...[quoted image]

Thanks for the tip! So something like this? https://smile.amazon.com/MulWark-Quarters-Screwdriver-Profile-Reversible/dp/B0748DCVHN/ref=sr_1_19

#7638 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Thanks for the tip! So something like this? amazon.com link »

Yep that’s it, get the ratchet set and hold it in place with the tip of one finger and just slowly ratchet it out with the other hand. It’s tight quarters but this does the trick and you don’t have to worry with taking your backboard apart!

#7639 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Agreed! What are the details on that image? Artist, availability, etc?

Here is the artist website...order enquiries can be made there.

https://markdaviesbritishartist.co.uk/collections/lost-in-hollywood-2-limited-editions

#7640 4 years ago

Anyone else have an issue with the right orbit ball gate getting stuck up? I'm talking about the one way gate.

Mine kept getting stuck up over the ecto goggles, but has recently just been getting stuck on the metal bracket (left wall)

I can snap a pic later when I'm home.

#7641 4 years ago

All right, I'm still fairly new to pinball but I've changed a few switches, soldered some wires, fixed a shooting arm, and replaced numerous items on the playfield. But for the life of me I cannot get this screw loose. I want to put in the carrot flippers and I can't get the old flippers off. Is this the right screw?

IMG_20191112_204954 (resized).jpgIMG_20191112_204954 (resized).jpg
#7642 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

All right, I'm still fairly new to pinball but I've changed a few switches, soldered some wires, fixed a shooting arm, and replaced numerous items on the playfield. But for the life of me I cannot get this screw loose. I want to put in the carrot flippers and I can't get the old flippers off. Is this the right screw?[quoted image]

May need to heat it up a little to break the loctite seal it may have

#7643 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

All right, I'm still fairly new to pinball but I've changed a few switches, soldered some wires, fixed a shooting arm, and replaced numerous items on the playfield. But for the life of me I cannot get this screw loose. I want to put in the carrot flippers and I can't get the old flippers off. Is this the right screw?[quoted image]

It does take a bit of force but I've never had one not break free. Add some leverage to your Allen wrench. Put something round long and hollow over it to increase the torque.... and make sure you're turning it the correct direction

#7644 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It does take a bit of force but I've never had one not break free. Add some leverage to your Allen wrench. Put something round long and hollow over it to increase the torque.... and make sure you're turning it the correct direction

LOL. I definitely made sure I had the proper direction. I've been doing push-ups to get more muscle to turn it! I just wanted to make sure I have the right screw before I forced it and did something bad. I'll give it another try. Thanks guys!

#7645 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Anyone else have an issue with the right orbit ball gate getting stuck up? I'm talking about the one way gate.
Mine kept getting stuck up over the ecto goggles, but has recently just been getting stuck on the metal bracket (left wall)
I can snap a pic later when I'm home.

This is what I'm talking about...

Anyone had this issue before?

IMG_20191112_173535 (resized).jpgIMG_20191112_173535 (resized).jpgIMG_20191112_173546 (resized).jpgIMG_20191112_173546 (resized).jpg
#7646 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

This is what I'm talking about...
Anyone had this issue before?[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes you have to carefully and gently bend it so it has clearance to not foul on the metal bracketing

#7647 4 years ago

Does anyone ever get random audio squelches (for lack of better terms) between games? It is like a loud pop. I have the "scream" turned off and the sound is completely different. It will typically happen every dozen games or so. Sometimes more frequently.

#7648 4 years ago
Quoted from EBDixson:

Does anyone ever get random audio squelches (for lack of better terms) between games? It is like a loud pop. I have the "scream" turned off and the sound is completely different. It will typically happen every dozen games or so. Sometimes more frequently.

Do you mean when you get the number "match" at the end of a game?

#7649 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Do you mean when you get the number "match" at the end of a game?

I was thinking the same thing

#7650 4 years ago

Disable the knocker in the settings.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 103.00
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/153 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.