B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 250.
#7551 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Spotlight Slime came out great. I had to beef up the design a bit and update the model but what do you think?
with bubbles
https://www.shapeways.com/product/TV7XM68G2/spotlight-slime-v1-with-bubbles?optionId=127125448
sans bubbles
https://www.shapeways.com/product/5L6MGWDNP/spotlight-slime-v1-without-bubbles?optionId=127126820[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good!

#7552 4 years ago

Installed shaker, trough , backboard and storage facility lighting, left ramp airball protector, and firehouse mod on my Pro today. Really enjoying this game and these enhancements are the icing. The jury is out on the shaker as it’s pretty strong.

#7553 4 years ago

Yeah... I found shaker motor too noisey. If I could have had the shake without the noise it would have been perfect. Great game regardless... loving it.

#7554 4 years ago

I was able to get everything moved into the house last night and into the basement without a great deal of trouble. Getting the box up the porch stairs with the dolly ended up be more difficult than navigating the basement stairs.

I really took my time (since it was my first pin / first NIB) and after reading through most of this thread and watching dozens of YouTube videos, I didn't encounter any issues. I was dreading taking the glass off the first time but it was much stronger than I anticipated.

Initial thoughts - it is a LOT of fun. My kids (6 and 9) had never played before and are already big fans. I'm really happy I was able to find a NIB rather than buy used and I'm guessing I got one of the last builds because the sticker on the back is from December 2018 and the playfield appears to be dated 10/31.

I hate to even admit this, but I bought the game without ever trying it or seeing it first. As a result, I was very surprised at how much better the Pro playfield looked in person. I was initially disappointed that I couldn't find a Premium but I am totally satisfied thus far with the Pro and have no regrets.

Only 2 mods so far - the Mezel Mods library and a Pingulp with the GB logo. Tomorrow I'll be installing the art blades.

The only remaining obstacles is getting my wife on board. After initially telling her I'd get a used game for $2500 tops, I think I'm more excited about our new toy than she is.

#7555 4 years ago

How did you get it down the stairs?
Did you keep it in the box and use my patent pending wedgie inducing butt slide method?
Your wife will come around when she sees the kids and friends love it.

#7556 4 years ago

I kept it in the box and slid it down. I had my wife push it to get it started and I was holding it from below to control it. It wasn't too bad since it is only 7 or 8 steps to the landing. I could see it being a lot dicier on a long stairway as it definitely starts gaining more momentum with each step.

I think she will come around. My mistake has been always telling her each purchase is the "last one." First it was bubble hockey, than an arcade machine... now this. All within a year. I definitely didn't play it this way but once you start it is hard to stop!

#7557 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The jury is out on the shaker as it’s pretty strong.

Adjust it!

#7558 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

The jury is out on the shaker as it’s pretty strong.

The Storage Facility Multiball with a shaker is awesome!

#7559 4 years ago

Is it a menu adjustment or where you move the weights to 90 degree angles of one another?

#7560 4 years ago
Quoted from EBDixson:

I was able to get everything moved into the house last night and into the basement without a great deal of trouble. Getting the box up the porch stairs with the dolly ended up be more difficult than navigating the basement stairs.
I really took my time (since it was my first pin / first NIB) and after reading through most of this thread and watching dozens of YouTube videos, I didn't encounter any issues. I was dreading taking the glass off the first time but it was much stronger than I anticipated.
Initial thoughts - it is a LOT of fun. My kids (6 and 9) had never played before and are already big fans. I'm really happy I was able to find a NIB rather than buy used and I'm guessing I got one of the last builds because the sticker on the back is from December 2018 and the playfield appears to be dated 10/31.
I hate to even admit this, but I bought the game without ever trying it or seeing it first. As a result, I was very surprised at how much better the Pro playfield looked in person. I was initially disappointed that I couldn't find a Premium but I am totally satisfied thus far with the Pro and have no regrets.
Only 2 mods so far - the Mezel Mods library and a Pingulp with the GB logo. Tomorrow I'll be installing the art blades.
The only remaining obstacles is getting my wife on board. After initially telling her I'd get a used game for $2500 tops, I think I'm more excited about our new toy than she is.

Out of intetest as I have a pingulp holder but never installed, are they worth putting on. I heard that after a few games your drink is flat from all the shaking. Is this correct?

#7561 4 years ago

James Bond prefers his Martini shaken, not stirred! So probably depends on the beverage.

#7562 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

James Bond prefers his Martini shaken, not stirred! So probably depends on the beverage.

True, my drinks have bubbles

#7563 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

.... My mistake has been always telling her each purchase is the "last one." First it was bubble hockey, than an arcade machine... now this. All within a year. I definitely didn't play it this way but once you start it is hard to stop!

and whats the problem? the money or the space? or you- changing your opinion?
if its the money you can argue "it wont lose its value".

#7564 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

and whats the problem? the money or the space? or you- changing your opinion?
if its the money you can argue "it wont lose its value".

I don't know how long that statement will remain true.

#7565 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Shaken... i.e. watered down.

#7566 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Out of intetest as I have a pingulp holder but never installed, are they worth putting on. I heard that after a few games your drink is flat from all the shaking. Is this correct?

This is not correct. Besides, how long do ya nurse a drink? Pingulps come in very handy around here.

#7567 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

This is not correct. Besides, how long do ya nurse a drink? Pingulps come in very handy around here.

Before pingulps drinks got put on the floor and the inevitably kicked over. Now each pin has one and some even have 2.

#7568 4 years ago

Was the misspelling of reinforcement ever corrected on the Pro playfield? My Pro had a build date of 12/06/2018 but it still has the typo. Perhaps I got a late build with an older playfield?

#7569 4 years ago

Are there nice apron cards available for the Pro?

#7570 4 years ago

Today i managed to get a flawless DCTS video mode while both playfield multipliers were active. 80Mx6=480 Million. Sweet!!!

#7571 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Today i managed to get a flawless DCTS video mode while both playfield multipliers were active. 80Mx6=480 Million. Sweet!!!

BOOM!... Oh sorry different game.

#7572 4 years ago

Does anyone know the difference between all the shaker modes? Got on default but the storage facility is a little long at end for me. But if I change it I don’t want to lose much

#7573 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Does anyone know the difference between all the shaker modes? Got on default but the storage facility is a little long at end for me. But if I change it I don’t want to lose much

Just hit both flippers to skip it if you're not feeling it.

#7574 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

I turn mine down a level or two.

#7575 4 years ago

Is it safe to rollback to older code? Any issues?

#7576 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Anyone know where I can get a copy of the old firmware before the recent version that upgraded the system?

I have v1.13 and v1.16 but not sure how to send a 1.2gb file that doesn't involve dropbox sign up.

#7577 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I have v1.13 and v1.16 but not sure how to send a 1.2gb file that doesn't involve dropbox sign up.

Thanks i was able to pull 1.13 from my recycle bin

#7578 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Thanks i was able to pull 1.13 from my recycle bin

no worries

#7579 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Is it safe to rollback to older code? Any issues?

Just curious, but why? I haven't gone to 1.17 yet (game is on route and I keep forgetting) but the move to 1.16 was amazing.

#7580 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Just curious, but why? I haven't gone to 1.17 yet (game is on route and I keep forgetting) but the move to 1.16 was amazing.

I had mistakenly grabbed the LE firmware when I went to 1.16 and wanted to roll back and then forward again to ensure all node boards were at the correct firmware/software for a Pro since there was no node board update done from 1.16 to 1.17. I didn't have any issues but wanted to make sure just in case. To finish the story, I did roll back to 1.13 which updated node boards to that revision, then successfully went to 1.17 Pro which again updated nodes boards successfully.

#7581 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

I had mistakenly grabbed the LE firmware when I went to 1.16 and wanted to roll back and then forward again to ensure all node boards were at the correct firmware/software for a Pro since there was no node board update done from 1.16 to 1.17. I didn't have any issues but wanted to make sure just in case. To finish the story, I did roll back to 1.13 which updated node boards to that revision, then successfully went to 1.17 Pro which again updated nodes boards successfully.

Gotcha. Good to see it went well for you.

#7582 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Yea they are as far as all of the ones I have ever seen. I would recommend a set like I have. It's not exactly these but it's the same concept. It gives you a lot of leverage as well as a comfortable handle to torque with.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-13-key-Standard-SAE-Hex-Key-Set/50385798

FYI, I bought this and lets just say, it was a quick return. Bad product. The handle doesnt hold the smaller wrenches steady by any means.

#7583 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

FYI, I bought this and lets just say, it was a quick return. Bad product. The handle doesnt hold the smaller wrenches steady by any means.

Sorry to hear that. Like I said, it wasn't exactly like mine but of a similar vein. I looked online and found mine (a WAGIC design) to illustrate how it works. I have had it for about 10+ years and it works amazing. Figures that they would take a product that actually works and redesign it to ineffectiveness. Best part is that it sits inside a channel and locks down with the cover to secure it with different sized holes to fit the different sized wrenches. I have torqued the heck out of it and the wrench and the handle haven't flinched. If you can find this set (in its Kobalt or Husky counterpart), I would highly recommend picking it up
OL_KOBALT_CHRIS (resized).jpgOL_KOBALT_CHRIS (resized).jpgOL_KOBALT_PACKAGING1 (resized).jpgOL_KOBALT_PACKAGING1 (resized).jpg

#7584 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Sorry to hear that. Like I said, it wasn't exactly like mine but of a similar vein. I looked online and found mine (a WAGIC design) to illustrate how it works. I have had it for about 10+ years and it works amazing. Figures that they would take a product that actually works and redesign it to ineffectiveness. Best part is that it sits inside a channel and locks down with the cover to secure it with different sized holes to fit the different sized wrenches. I have torqued the heck out of it and the wrench and the handle haven't flinched. If you can find this set (in its Kobalt or Husky counterpart), I would highly recommend picking it up
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. This actually looks like a much better design..

#7585 4 years ago

Spare Stay Puft brackets

1. original one used on fixed Stay Puft and
2. Mezel mod one used in walking Saty Puft).

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “1 new, original, metal replacement stay Puft bracket. 1 new, plastic bracket from Mezel Mod - for walking stay Puft mod. 10 plus 5 shipping.”
2020-01-20
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 60 days
Viewed: 587 times

#7586 4 years ago

Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “Parts for GB game. You get everything in picture except the black sticker that says Stern on it. $15 plus $3.75 shipping.”
2020-01-20
Saukville, WI
Archived after: 60 days
Viewed: 635 times

#7587 4 years ago

Just completed God mode and I must say that was very challenging and fun to even get there with we are ready to believe. What cones after that is a feast for one's senses both visually and sound wise.

This game is now the complete package

#7588 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

I bought the PKE Mirror Mod a month ago but I'm a total newb so I've been a little scared of the instructions saying to unscrew the back of the playing field from the top / botttom and disconnect everything etc... Anybody have any luck screwing that thing in an easier way or do I just have to face my fears? Thanks G

Go to the hardware store and get this $10 mini ratchet (comes with a bunch of different bits so its handy for other projects). It takes a few minutes to figure out how to stretch your fingers in those tight areas but its just two screws and swap out the new mirror and you're done. No need to take the whole backboard off etc...

IMG_5494 (resized).jpgIMG_5494 (resized).jpg
#7589 4 years ago

so what is everyone's strategy with the new code? Kind of struggling with it. Def easier but still challenging and would like to hear how others are playing and taking advantage of the the new code....as opposed to just going for WBTD, then the next mode then the next in the same line....

#7590 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so what is everyone's strategy with the new code? Kind of struggling with it. Def easier but still challenging and would like to hear how others are playing and taking advantage of the the new code....as opposed to just going for WBTD, then the next mode then the next in the same line....

It depends on what you are trying to do...finish the game? Max points? Both? I play to finish games, when I'm playing at home. I usually start with the librarian ladder. I did the same on the original code, but the new code makes that ladder very easy. If you're playing stock code, use the Ghost target to quickly finish and get to WCWS. The same goes for the other ladders. Be sure to use the Ghost target to finish harder modes.

If you want max points, every time you hit the left ramp, shoot the proton pack targets. This will keep you in X multipliers indefinitely. It's risky because of the rebound off of the proton pack shot, but you don't need a long game to score. WCWS or Storage with 6x running will put you in the billions pretty quickly.

#7591 4 years ago

In case anyone missed it ColorDMD put out the update

#7592 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

The update mentions that it’s for the new type of display (which they have also done for every other machine), does it also have updated colour for the Stern updates?

#7593 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Thanks, I had no idea!

#7594 4 years ago

No idea either. Thanks

#7595 4 years ago

The only thing I have noticed is Tobin Spirit Guide is in B /W. What else got updated?

#7596 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the colorization has actually been updated for the latest game code and not just a hardware related update from colordmd?

#7597 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure this is a false alarm. Lots of game updates with this note:
"Added support for embedded DisplayPort LCD screens"

#7598 4 years ago

It's all colored now. Looks good.
Pink slime and all!

#7599 4 years ago

here is the first revision of the Containment Mod for the "Pro" only as it currently only has the flat plastic.

- everything fits well though will change the way the stock light boards fasten in a little.
- hides the spot light post nicely
- everything will be purchasable from shapeways and just requires a simply assembly and uses the existing light boards from the perspex panel.
- it has a light in the open door section that still needs to be connected using a star post light board from comet (already installed and can't be seen) which will hopefully light when the Storage Facility insert lights up to show you to shoot there.
- the only thing I have to experiment with is painting or using a marker to add shadow lines etc - what you see is straight from Shapeways and is nice and clean and red.

The door is open, though would people prefer the door closed.

I will try a camera tomorrow as the phone doesn't take the best photos, just loses detail, sorry

IMG_E2038 (resized).JPGIMG_E2038 (resized).JPG
IMG_2035 (resized).jpgIMG_2035 (resized).jpg

#7600 4 years ago

Yes, it has been updated. I installed the new ColorDMD file this morning. So far I see that:

- Librarian Mode is colorized
- The trap stays colored all the way through the 1st Storage Facility lock
- Are You A God? is colorized on the high score screen

Haven't played enough to see the other updates in it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/152?hl=oradke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.