IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 250.
#7451 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Those of you with issues, are you trying a quick or full update?

We don't get such an option to choose

#7452 4 years ago

Updated my Pro to 1.17 with no issues. Went in fine. Quick update.

Went in quickly, you could see progress update etc. Node updates etc on reboot. Showing 1.17 when done.
Scores and settings retained. Played a few games last night and all good.

#7453 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

How is this?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

These look better to me. I like the idea of accenting the top and a bit of the side of this mech but it doesn't need to be completely covered. I think that it would be too distracting from Slimer.

#7454 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement Scoleri Brothers target decals?

Check your goodie bag inside the cabinet.

#7455 4 years ago

Figured I try here to see if anyone wants to buy my faulty 8d board 520-6992-00

50 shipped. The top 3 insert lanes were not lighting on my game Replacing this node board with a new one fixed it. These sell for 125+. Maybe someone can fix for a spare. I reflowed conn pins but did not fix it

1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg
#7456 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

I was just playing (still on 1.16) and I found the callouts and effects seem louder relative to the music. I did a quick search but didn't see many comments like that. Anyone else find the volume is not the same as before? Specifically the difference between music and effects?

I was going to say the same thing. The volume is lower and hope 1.17 would have fixed it. Before, anything over 10 was too loud for my wife! Now, I can have it way over 25 and it does not seem super loud and strong like it did before 1.16 code.

#7457 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

These look better to me. I like the idea of accenting the top and a bit of the side of this mech but it doesn't need to be completely covered. I think that it would be too distracting from Slimer.

I'm going to accent this one, I just did it plain because a few people asked. It's just my opinion you don't notice the square top as much if there are bubbles.

#7458 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

We don't get such an option to choose

Yeah I am not even getting an option to choose. This is really frustrating

#7459 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Yeah I am not even getting an option to choose. This is really frustrating

try different usb stick. i tried 3 until it worked, another member needed 6 sticks

#7460 4 years ago

this is just silly... having 6 different sticks before success? I guess it would be helpful if Stern could guide us on the specs for the USB stick if there is such a restriction now. Should it be a certain size? formatted a certain way? For example, Update for some JJP games only works if the stick is no more than 16GB in size. I've always used the same stick for my Spike games and never had a problem before.

So far with this GB 1.17 update attempt, I've used my main 8 GB stick that is formatted Fat 32, and another that was 4 GB Fat 32 with the same results. The SPK file is like 1.1 GB.

#7461 4 years ago

Same stick full update with verify worked perfectly for me.

#7462 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

try different usb stick. i tried 3 until it worked, another member needed 6 sticks

lol no. I am already using two and these sticks work on every other Spike game I have tried and even worked on this exact GB for 1.16! There is something fishy about specifically this update. Wonder if it matters whether your previous version installed was FULL or QUICK. This update appears to be trying to auto-quick on my machine or something because I don't even get an option for FULL/QUICK before it declares fake success.

#7463 4 years ago

Never had a problem with SanDisk USB sticks.

#7464 4 years ago

No issue on my end. I used the same stick as 1.16 which is also the same USB stick (8GB PNY Memory Master) I use on all my machines. Out of habit, I always quick format to FAT32 but I know the reformat hasn't worked for other folks. I always do a full install but no verify.

Strange that everyone is having issues with this one but I wouldn't necessarily expect that Stern purposefully did something different. They probably are unaware of these issues and even if they have caught wind of this problem, most like would still chalk it up to an end user variable.

#7465 4 years ago

FYI my USB is a 8gb stick

#7466 4 years ago

I am using a 128GB SanDisk and never had any problems with Sam or Spike(2) games.

#7467 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I guess it would be helpful if Stern could guide us on the specs for the USB stickl

Sticks that worked for me in the past didn't work, and vice versa. Sticks That work on some machines didn't work for others. All formatted the same. Quick and full formats didn't help. I don't know why it's so picky.

#7468 4 years ago

My 64 GB Sandisk does not work either (formatted into Fat32). I have tried 2 sticks now, so better to keep checking what other brand sticks I have.

#7469 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

My 64 GB Sandisk does not work either (formatted into Fat32). I have tried 2 sticks now, so better to keep checking what other brand sticks I have.

EDIT: Finally it worked! Kingston 128 GB DataTraveler 100 formatted into FAT32 FTW!

#7470 4 years ago

We just updated our game. Code went in fine. We did a full update this time.

#7471 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We just updated our game. Code went in fine. We did a dull update this time.

Nothing dull about it! *Full?

#7472 4 years ago

Updated my code without issue.. Same USB stick I used last time. Of note, I think it's an old slow USB2 or even 1.0 stick.

Also fixed my opto issue not registering the Scoleri bros target being down with a blast of compressed air. Easy peasey.

#7473 4 years ago

For those having issues updating, make sure the download from the Stern site is complete. Took a few tries when I did it, and it said incomplete one time. After that I loaded into same stick (which was cleared) and had no issue.

#7474 4 years ago

Better: Downlaod to Harddrive first, then copy to stick.

#7475 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

This is certainly the way to do it..

#7476 4 years ago

Anyone looking for a topper? Make sure to sign up and get some attention!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hey-stern-make-some-new-ghostbusters-ecto-1-topper#post-5250737

#7477 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Yeah I tried taking that shortcut but it didn’t work, so went back to the normal way shown above and all good. Why is that? I can see and select the stick for download location but no dice.

#7478 4 years ago

Just happened last weekend...WE GOT ONE!
Coming from the Bally 80's world I'm a bit confused. These dont have any sort of prop rod support
So how do you set these upright at a 90 degree angle or less to work on the underside. Sure
I can set it at 90 degrees but it doesnt seem like you can rest it against the back box. Over 100 pages in this thread,
read about 40 of them so far but have yet to find the answer to be safe.
At 90 degrees how stable and safe are they?

#7479 4 years ago
Quoted from EdHess:

Just happened last weekend...WE GOT ONE!
Coming from the Bally 80's world I'm a bit confused. These dont have any sort of prop rod support
So how do you set these upright at a 90 degree angle or less to work on the underside. Sure
I can set it at 90 degrees but it doesnt seem like you can rest it against the back box. Over 100 pages in this thread,
read about 40 of them so far but have yet to find the answer to be safe.
At 90 degrees how stable and safe are they?

Yes they are pretty stable and it the usual way to lean against the back box. Just make sure the play field back is pulled forward so sits in a V rest point.

#7480 4 years ago

Noticing something I hadn't noticed before updating the code. Might have always been like this, I dunno. Has anyone noticed the large insert by the pop bumpers has about half brightness white LED lighting all the time? The flashers still get really bright, bit o don't think that insert ever goes all the way off. I'm hoping it's like that just to light up the area and not something locked on that shouldn't be.

#7481 4 years ago

I've owned my GB Pro for a few weeks now. We have over 100 plays on it. I have to say that my family loves the game. The flipper gap does not bother me and my boys at all. However; I have noticed my daughter struggles with it. As a result, I'm going to get the center post. Who has the best center post mod?

#7482 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I've owned my GB Pro for a few weeks now. We have over 100 plays on it. I have to say that my family loves the game. The flipper gap does not bother me and my boys at all. However; I have noticed my daughter struggles with it. As a result, I'm going to get the center post. Who has the best center post mod?

I find carrot flippers a much better solution. The flippers just close the gap to that of any other pinball machine she's used to playing. The center post completely changes the experience.

#7483 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I find carrot flippers a much better solution. The flippers just close the gap to that of any other pinball machine she's used to playing. The center post completely changes the experience.

I was struggling to find white carrot flippers. I can only find yellow.

#7484 4 years ago

My 1.17 update wasn't working until I selected "full" with the + key first. If I just pressed Enter to do a quick update, it would just sit for a little while and then say it was finished, but never did an update.

#7485 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I got 3 1/8 long white flippers from Marco just this week. Had 3 inch white prior. Closed the gap by 1/4 plus I added the plastic to have a hanging center post. Marco has this also but I bought it from another vendor. Made the game much more playable for me and Charlene.

#7486 4 years ago

I switched back from the longer flippers...It made the game actually harder because the shot geometry was off that much.....play the game enough and you can sense when the middle drops are going to sink....slight nudge is al it takes.

#7487 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Not sure if this is of interest to you, but Adpin has different length metal flippers and one that is adjustable:
http://www.adpin.de/english/

#7488 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-5

#7489 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I switched back from the longer flippers...It made the game actually harder because the shot geometry was off that much.....play the game enough and you can sense when the middle drops are going to sink....slight nudge is al it takes.

MY e I am missing something but how is the geometry different by adding 1/8 of an inch. Wouldn’t the top surface of the flipper be In the exact same place? Or do you mean the response is different because the coils is moving something with a slightly different weight?

#7490 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

MY e I am missing something but how is the geometry different by adding 1/8 of an inch. Wouldn’t the top surface of the flipper be In the exact same place? Or do you mean the response is different because the coils is moving something with a slightly different weight?

Well the tip of the flipper is not in the same place and the shots at the same point now go to a different angle, etc.. It takes adjustment as you dial in your new timimg if you were used to the old but no different then learning where shots are at for a new game. It's not really that big of a deal.

#7491 4 years ago

Thanks. I swear I looked there early last week and there was only yellow. LOL.

#7492 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Not sure if this is of interest to you, but Adpin has different length metal flippers and one that is adjustable:
http://www.adpin.de/english/

I did see these flippers. It look like they were from Germany and hadn't seen anyone mention them before. Thanks.

#7493 4 years ago

I went with the Swinks ones from Shapeways. They were a little expensive, but worth it to me as I like the looks of them.

Ghostbusters Flippers (resized).jpgGhostbusters Flippers (resized).jpg
#7494 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I went with the Swinks ones from Shapeways. They were a little expensive, but worth it to me as I like the looks of them.[quoted image]

Not for me as I dont have issues with the gap, but these look great

#7495 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Not for me as I dont have issues with the gap, but these look great

You don't have to get longer ones if you don't like them. He has them in standard and lightning sizes as well if you really want a challenge.

#7496 4 years ago

I think it is as simple as where on the flipper I tend to launch from...combined with location cues based on play-history of this game and others multiply that by the torque flex/drag of the longer flipper and you have a whole new algorithmic anomaly.

#7497 4 years ago

thanks for sharing Supersquid

the idea is that you keep a set of posts installed and within just a couple of minutes you can easily swap out the bats - 2 7/8" (like lighting), 3" (regular) or 3 1/8" (like carrots)

for example the kids want the bigger bats for the day and at the end of the day when you mates come over you can swap to 3" or in a comp you reduced it to 2 7/8" to really make the game harder it is a matter of undoing one screw and swap the bat in a minute with no need to lift up the playfield.

yes they are not the cheapest as the metal post cost from shapeways is not cheap. I could do it cheaper here but then freight comes into play.

A few people contacted me to see if I can remove the screw on top so currently tweaking the design so it is in the front and back and covered by the rubber for that clean traditional look but still change in 1-2 minutes. I also changed the design so there is no need to tap any threads.

Alternatively I would be ok with someone making the posts and then buying the bats at shapeways.
bf1ecaed04eb60860c21359dd51f4feb7a593976 (resized).pngbf1ecaed04eb60860c21359dd51f4feb7a593976 (resized).png

#7498 4 years ago

or it could be the triangulation of angle/apex of the slightly longer flipper is actually different at the relevant target "launch" locations.

#7499 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for sharing supersquid
the idea is that you keep a set of posts installed and within just a couple of minutes you can easily swap out the bats - 2 7/8" (like lighting), 3" (regular) or 3 1/8" (like carrots)
for example the kids want the bigger bats for the day and at the end of the day when you mates come over you can swap to 3" or in a comp you reduced it to 2 7/8" to really make the game harder it is a matter of undoing one screw and swap the bat in a minute with no need to lift up the playfield.
yes they are not the cheapest as the metal post cost from shapeways is not cheap. I could do it cheaper here but then freight comes into play.
A few people contacted me to see if I can remove the screw on top so currently tweaking the design so it is in the front and back and covered by the rubber for that clean traditional look but still change in 1-2 minutes. I also changed the design so there is no need to tap any threads.
Alternatively I would be ok with someone making the posts and then buying the bats at shapeways.
[quoted image]

I like this.

#7500 4 years ago

Actually, that's exactly what AdPin allows you to do as well. You can open the flipper fingers from above and either swap them out or just adjust the angle without having to lift your playfield. See video #1 here:
http://www.adpin.de/english/product-videos/

I have them in my GBpro and I really love them! Makes it super easy to fiddle around with the angles until you get it just right.

Oliver

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/150?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.