IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 250.
#7401 4 years ago

I like the cat. Keep it there. People think far too much. Boycott everything! lol

And if it is removed, then they certainly should be adding some stuff. Otherwise, animations for the ecto goggles just got slimmer than they already are.

#7402 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No one else that worked on the game has something personal on that level in the game.
I think the designer should have that personal touch stripped away considering what he did. I don't want to see a convicted felons cat in the game, he lost that privilege with the sick crime he committed.

I would say we also remove the flippergap, since that was his trademark! No one ever had such a personal flippergap in a game.

#7403 4 years ago

Over the 3+ years the game has been out, I've heard way more people acknowledge the designers flipper 'gap' (by his name) on this title than the cat in the Ecto Goggles trivia. Guess we should delete the flipper gap then too. Bet there's a lot more stuff in the game that screams the designers name than the cat. How about all the guys who own an LE with the designers signature on it... the guy literally touched their playfield and left his mark on it with ink, frozen in time, protected by a sub par application of Sterns best clear coat from 2016! Better sandpaper those off we're at it! See? the Cat thing just seems silly when you think of all the other stuff now. Best to just forget it and move on. As far as I'm concerned, this is Dwight and the rest of the teams game now.

#7404 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I would say we also remove the flippergap, since that was his trademark! No one ever had such a personal flippergap in a game.

At this point, whatever makes people stop complaining about them lol.

I have far more drains via outlanes than I do the flipper gap. Far more..

#7405 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

At this point, whatever makes people stop complaining about them lol.
I have far more drains via outlanes than I do the flipper gap. Far more..

You know what drain I get ALL the time, and it drives me bonkers on this game... sometimes the ball will come very quickly through the left return and i barely have time to flip at it and end up accidentally shatz'ing it up through the right return up and out, it then bounces off the rubber just to the bottom right of the Storage Facility eject and floats gracefully and perfectly over into the left outlane. It happens so fast, you feel like you got robbed.

#7406 4 years ago

Who sells the green slime mods for the speaker panel and spot lights?

#7408 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

You know what drain I get ALL the time, and it drives me bonkers on this game... sometimes the ball will come very quickly through the left return and i barely have time to flip at it and end up accidentally shatz'ing it up through the right return up and out, it then bounces off the rubber just to the bottom right of the Storage Facility eject and floats gracefully and perfectly over into the left outlane. It happens so fast, you feel like you got robbed.

The geometry on that is perfect. It works on either side...the Shatz Loop to the opposite outlane!!

#7409 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

But why just remove the cat? The whole machine was designed by him. Seems like if you have a problem with anything tied to the designer, you'd probably realign your moral compass by just selling the machine off entirely? Getting hung up on the small details like the cat just seems like silly nitpicking at this point.

I don't have an issue with the designer. I just think his cat is silly and I'd like something more theme appropriate.

#7410 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I don't have an issue with the designer.

Now that's a BOLD position to take!

#7411 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't want to see a convicted felons cat in the game,

You are f*cking shitting me, right Panzer? Please tell me that you are f*cking joking! Lol.....smh.

#7412 4 years ago

Anyone have a source showing the actual (2019) intended flipper angle?
I want to go back to original. i allready removed the carrot flippers and made the originals droopy, but i dont know how much exactly.

i started playing pinball 3 months ago with the carrots and the funny thing is, removing the carrots didnt increase the center drain for me.
the droopiness even makes the left target much easier, because the ball somehow wont go crazy so much.

here is my actual flipper angle. you can see the little hole in front of the flipper as orientation.

unbenannt-1 (resized).jpgunbenannt-1 (resized).jpg
#7413 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I want to go back to original. i allready removed the carrot flippers and made the originals droopy, but i dont know how much exactly.
i started playing pinball 3 months ago with the carrots and the funny thing is, removing the carrots didnt increase the center drain for me.
the droopiness even makes the left target much easier, because the ball somehow wont go crazy so much.
here is my actual flipper angle. you can see the little hole in front of the flipper as orientation.[quoted image]

align the centre of the flipper tip with the centre of the small hole is the intended angle, here is a quick sketch

screen-capture (resized).pngscreen-capture (resized).png
#7414 4 years ago

Align the flippers so that every shot can be made. Mine are slightly lower than inline with in lanes and evey shot is possible. YMMV.

#7415 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Align the flippers so that every shot can be made. Mine are slightly lower than inline with in lanes and evey shot is possible. YMMV.

what do you mean by "every shot", backhand the right pke ramp?

Quoted from swinks:

align the centre of the flipper tip with the centre of the small hole is the intended angle, here is a quick sketch...

Thank you, i read alot about this controvers "hole alignment" discussion.
From my research I am think you cant take this rule for each game.
I also see alot of stern games with droopy flippers on pupalar pinball live streams, but maybe im on the wrong track.
I know they corrected the initial very-droopy flippers on GB, also an example against the "hole alignment" theory!?
Do you have any source from stern about this?

#7416 4 years ago

I don't like the droopy flippers on this game for two main reasons:

1 - It's more difficult to trap the ball (the game is already hard enough as it is).
2 - You can't easily backhand the left ramp.

#7417 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

what do you mean by "every shot", backhand the right pke ramp?

The PKE definitely isnt meant to be backhanded. Its supposed to be a hard shot.

#7418 4 years ago

Does anyone know where I can buy replacement Scoleri Brothers target decals?

#7419 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

1 - It's more difficult to trap the ball (the game is already hard enough as it is).

Why is it assumed that a backhand shot should be easy??

#7420 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

You know what drives me crazy... when the ball comes from one of the ramps back to the lanes and it has spin on it, touches the playfield and spins to the outlanes! Happens all the time. Too much wax perhaps. I feel like i get robbed on those all the time.

#7421 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why is it assumed that a backhand shot should be easy??

I didn't assume anything. I just said I didn't like it.

#7422 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I didn't assume anything. I just said I didn't like it.

haha fair enough.

#7423 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You know what drives me crazy... when the ball comes from one of the ramps back to the lanes and it has spin on it, touches the playfield and spins to the outlanes! Happens all the time. Too much wax perhaps. I feel like i get robbed on those all the time.

The bounce arounds suck! That angers me more than the flipper gap.

#7424 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

The bounce arounds suck! That angers me more than the flipper gap.

The flipper gap has never bothered me but this other thing drives me crazy!!!!!

#7425 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

here is my actual flipper angle. you can see the little hole in front of the flipper as orientation.[quoted image]

This is exactly how mine looks. Its ever so slightly off the dot mark. I havent felt it being enough of an issue to mess with changing the flippers. My luck a 15 minute flipper fix will turn into a 2hr ordeal lol

#7426 4 years ago

Lately when Ive been able to smack a real good solid shot up the PKE ramp, its been flying off the back of the ramp into the Stay Puft man. Like all of a sudden it cant take the curve and just keeps going straight and shoots over the top of the ramp at the back.
I have an air ball stopper installed but its not helping. And whats weird is this is a new development, Ive had the game for a while and this only recently started happening.
Anyone know the fix for this?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7427 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Lately when Ive been able to smack a real good solid shot up the PKE ramp, its been flying off the back of the ramp into the Stay Puft man. Like all of a sudden it cant take the curve and just keeps going straight and shoots over the top of the ramp at the back.
I have an air ball stopper installed but its not helping. And whats weird is this is a new development, Ive had the game for a while and this only recently started happening.
Anyone know the fix for this?[quoted image]

you should check the screws on the metal plate at the entrance of the ramp and tighten those.
maybe those got lose over the years.

#7428 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I really like all the mods you are making. Have you thought about designing the slime without all the round “balls” all over? Just a thought. I think it would match my slime on the speaker panel and coin door.
Looking forward to what you come up with next.

How is this?

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png2 (resized).png2 (resized).png3 (resized).png3 (resized).png
#7429 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thank you, i read alot about this controvers "hole alignment" discussion.
From my research I am think you cant take this rule for each game.
I also see alot of stern games with droopy flippers on pupalar pinball live streams, but maybe im on the wrong track.
I know they corrected the initial very-droopy flippers on GB, also an example against the "hole alignment" theory!?
Do you have any source from stern about this?

I took a photo of how my flippers were set when I got my game for future reference and this is how they were set which was a about 1 year into production. The flippers are still lower than the inlane guides (so slightly droppy) but not as much the initial release which were very droppy. With this setting I can still hit all the shots as well.

#7430 4 years ago

WOW New code again today!

#7431 4 years ago

LE/PREMIUM V1.17 - October 8th, 2019
====================================
New:
- Added a Full Credit sound

Fixes:
- River of Slime will no longer score inflated values from playfield
multipliers.
- Left captive ball Arrow will now show when pink slime is available
correctly.
- Collecting ghost during Storage Facility Multiball will no longer stop
minor rules when you cross the 60 or 80 ghost threshold until the
multiball is over.
- Super Jackpot value will now display correctly in the background
- If you start a game in God Mode then change the adjustment mid-game, the
Normal mode will not be in effect until the next game.
- Draining during the grace of a scene will now give you the proper credit for
the scene.
- God mode should now end correctly and not continue into normal play.

Tweaks:
- Skill shot
- Changed base skill shot award from 10% to 5% of your score
- Left Eject : changed award from "Light Tobin's Guide" to "Award Tobin's
Guide"
- Left Ramp : changed award from "Award Super Jackpot" to "Light Super
Jackpot"
- Right Orbit : changed award "10% of score" to "Award River of Slime"
- PKE will no longer be available on the right ramp if PKE is currently
ready.
- Tightened up exploits
- Improved coil power management
- Changed playfield multiplier 6X. It has an initially slightly longer timer
but then not be extendable.
- Spinner now activates the topper
- One Add A Ball or light add a ball from Picto pops per multiball
- Improved the Are You A God? messaging.

Moved to SYSTEM 2.35 -
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.52.0

- Added Standard Adjustment "MAX PLAYERS PER GAME". Values are 1 to 4,
with a default setting of 4. This can be used to limit the number
of players that can be added to a game.

#7432 4 years ago

Spinner now activates the topper!!! I’m excited about that one. Wow Dwight, thank you man. Hope you got my thank you card lol

#7433 4 years ago

What is it with Ghostbusters and f$&@%^g typos??

56443AD1-10A5-4FF3-86E1-A91B566FA8F2 (resized).jpeg56443AD1-10A5-4FF3-86E1-A91B566FA8F2 (resized).jpegCC980D64-BBDA-4A9A-A773-3CA624D39D60 (resized).jpegCC980D64-BBDA-4A9A-A773-3CA624D39D60 (resized).jpeg
#7434 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Spinner now activates the topper!!! I’m excited about that one. Wow Dwight, thank you man. Hope you got my thank you card lol

Cool! I hadn't even noticed til you pointed it out

#7435 4 years ago

I was just playing (still on 1.16) and I found the callouts and effects seem louder relative to the music. I did a quick search but didn't see many comments like that. Anyone else find the volume is not the same as before? Specifically the difference between music and effects?

#7436 4 years ago

Can't get new code to load. After a few seconds it says complete and 1.16 remains
Downloaded on 3 devices and used 2 usb sticks all failed. One device keeps locking around the 250mb-300mb mark in the download from stern

#7437 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Can't get new code to load. After a few seconds it says complete and 1.16 remains
Downloaded on 3 devices and used 2 usb sticks all failed. One device keeps locking around the 250mb-300mb mark in the download from stern

Same thing here.

Tried two sticks and used one of them to update Munsters an hour ago so I know it is fine.

Have never had a single issue updating a Spike machine before this FWIW.

#7438 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Quite a few folks having an issue with the 1.17 install. some got it to work with some combination of rebooting and power cycling, but i have not been able to get it to do anything beyond what you described. I've upgraded sooo many Spike machines in the last few years, so this is totally strange and bizarre to me. Obviously something up with this code update. I think instead of fiddling with it trying to get it to work, I'm going to wait a few days and see if Stern responds to this, or someone finds a verified workaround.

#7439 4 years ago

WOW! I had no issue at all. I just deleted the 1.16 code off my thumb drive and pasted the 1.17 version onto the drive. I did NOT reformat. Removed the backglass, plugged it into the top USB port and turned the game on. It asked me to hit select to start the update. After that it was done....Also, Im NOT having any issues with my sound. I have an LE However a friend of mine has a Pro and he is having issues with the sound.

#7440 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

WOW! I had no issue at all. I just deleted the 1.16 code off my thumb drive and pasted the 1.17 version onto the drive. I did NOT reformat. Removed the backglass, plugged it into the top USB port and turned the game on. It asked me to hit select to start the update. After that it was done....Also, Im NOT having any issues with my sound. However a friend of mine has a Pro and he is having issues with the sound.

When you power cycle your game does it actually say 1.07? We all did those same steps and it says it completed but actually didn't when you reboot.

#7441 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

When you power cycle your game does it actually say 1.07? We all did those same steps and it says it completed but actually didn't when you reboot.

Mine says 1.17.0

IMG_8515 (resized).JPGIMG_8515 (resized).JPG
#7442 4 years ago

My update takes a few seconds before it says complete. But I still only have 1.16 le. A friend with a pro said his update took a few seconds too and it worked. I don't get how a 1gb file can only take a few seconds to update and yet all the other code drops take minutes.

Can someone with a successful update confirm how long it took and whether the progress gauge appears or not

#7443 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

My update takes a few seconds before it says complete. But I still only have 1.16 le. A friend with a pro said his update took a few seconds too and it worked. I don't get how a 1gb file can only take a few seconds to update and yet all the other code drops taje minutes

It seems like its just an "add on" I only took a few minutes to do the whole thing. I didnt even lose any of my high scores....Still was on Free play

#7444 4 years ago

Seems like the Pro update is having issues that the LE is not. Will try again in a few days I guess. I know I am not doing anything wrong on my end with the sticks and update process.

#7445 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

A very good thing about the droopy flippers is that you can let the ball bounce across the flippers when it drops out of the loops, especially the right loop, and then even trap it if you like. I tried aligning the flippers with the inlanes and didn't like it.
Btw, this new code is great. Just got to AYAG for the first time. Awesome!

#7446 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Seems like the Pro update is having issues that the LE is not. Will try again in a few days I guess. I know I am not doing anything wrong on my end with the sticks and update process.

keep us posted and good luck

#7447 4 years ago

Le issue too. I think it's a dodgy file that will work on some and not on others. Sounds like more fails than successes or am I wrong

I wouldn't be surprised if the successes don't have issues or stuff missing. Just their updates took seconds which doesn't sound correct. 1.13 to 1.16 took minutes. 1.10 to 1.13 took minutes. This one 15 seconds or so. Really

#7448 4 years ago

Updated code in my Premium to 1.17 with no issues. Did the full install with verify - took about 10 minutes. Rebooted game and it updated the node boards as well. Displays V1.17.0 on power-up. Did the same as bicyclenut - deleted the 1.16.spk file off my thumb drive and cut/pasted the 1.17.spk file (didn't re-format the thumb drive). Weird it's working for some and not others.

#7449 4 years ago

Those of you with issues, are you trying a quick or full update?

#7450 4 years ago

Revised this post:

Using WinMD5Free to compute MD5 hash value for files, these are the values that you want to ensure that the files are not corrupt:

I have an LE so this applies to LE (and PRE I believe)

ghostbusters_LE-1_16_0.spk
MD5 checksum value:
9ff343efbd6a81f0443e5ed79e48f988

Ghostbusters_le-1_17_0.spk
MD5 checksum value:
5be4bd68c7a48b950abcbbf0604b7b57

NOTE: For my .17 update this morning, I used the same FAT32 formatted USB as .16 and it would not work. I tried different times with restarts etc... all failed. Used another FAT32 formatted USB and it worked. I was able to use the VOL button to go to the FULL or UPD menu and selected Update; went fast and worked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.