IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 250.
#7301 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

The one thing that does slightly annoy me is that I can't see the skill shot letters. I have to stand on my toes!

There’s reflective plastic above the lanes on the backboard. Look there.

#7302 4 years ago

I had the longer flippers for a while...but the extra length seemed to throw off the shot geometry. After updating the code I switched back to the regular flippers and am much happier....my flippers are set even with the outlane angles and are not "droopy" like the original run factory....

#7303 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

My thoughts after purchasing a GB Pro and playing intensely for a full 24-hours.
-The game attracted my family and neighbors to the game room. Great theme!
-It's like playing football in the Big 12. Very high scoring!
-The storage facility multi-ball with the shaker motor is awesome. Super awesome!
-I agree that it's a completely different style of game. This makes it a very good compliment to my Metallica Pro.
-I made a few of the adjustments suggested in the club. I moved the left/right posts and also reduced the flipper/kicker speed. I adjusted the scene continuation before we played the first game. That didn't seem right to me. All the suggestions worked great!
-Lighting, sounds and music are great. A shaker is a must for this one!
-The right ramp is TOUGH on the Pro. This does not bother me at all. I feel accomplished when I make it.
-The flipper gap didn't really bother me. Although, it was tough compared to the other machines I have played. I kept trying to hold my ball with the flipper, which caused many drains due to the short flippers. I just need to train myself not to do it! I think I'm going to get the center post simply for my daughter. My boys do not want me to get it but I really want her to like the game. I'm not sure if post or the longer flippers are a better option. She loves the movie so I want her to love the game.
-The one thing that does slightly annoy me is that I can't see the skill shot letters. I have to stand on my toes!
-Did I mention the storage facility multi-ball is awesome?
Overall, I give this machine a B+/A- rating. I'm super glad I made the purchase.

i like the carrot flippers better than the center post, since it feels less random but still helps, and you boys wouldnt be complaining xD
there is a slightly reflective shield back there at the PKE, you can also get the mirror mod for it:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6990-07
depenting on the build date of your machine you may have super droopy flippers you may correct.
there are much little tweaks which help alot on the game.

#7304 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Reckon there's a lot of work to be done there. Not a five minute job

So on color dmd now the GB with updated code will show dots on some scenes and color on others?

I’ve set color dmd to green for now. What about everybody else?

#7305 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

-The flipper gap didn't really bother me. Although, it was tough compared to the other machines I have played. I kept trying to hold my ball with the flipper, which caused many drains due to the short flippers. I just need to train myself not to do it! I think I'm going to get the center post simply for my daughter. My boys do not want me to get it but I really want her to like the game. I'm not sure if post or the longer flippers are a better option. She loves the movie so I want her to love the game.
-The one thing that does slightly annoy me is that I can't see the skill shot letters. I have to stand on my toes!

- GB has regular 3" flipper bats so are not shorter but they maybe set to the real low sag angle meaning you can't cradle - just lift them up to the incoming angle of your inlane guard or a fraction lower.
- there is a see through plastic on the backboard that you can use the reflection to see what top inlanes are lit just incase you hadn't noticed this and there is a mirror plastic mod version around as well

#7306 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So on color dmd now the GB with updated code will show dots on some scenes and color on others?

Coloured v1. 13 graphics, black /white for any new v1. 16 graphics.

#7307 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s reflective plastic above the lanes on the backboard. Look there.

I've been trying to look at it. Still seems to be a struggle for me but I'll keep trying. LOL. The mod may be good for me.

#7308 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

i like the carrot flippers better than the center post, since it feels less random but still helps, and you boys wouldnt be complaining xD
there is a slightly reflective shield back there at the PKE, you can also get the mirror mod for it:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6990-07
depenting on the build date of your machine you may have super droopy flippers you may correct.
there are much little tweaks which help alot on the game.

Thanks for the suggestion on the modification. I'm going to check that one out. I think my boys would prefer carrot flippers. They feel like the center post is cheating. LOL.

We have put about 200 plays on it. I noticed on one of the later games that I hit something and the flippers went dead. The ball drained. The lights and machine worked fine. It's almost like I hit something on the game that made it auto drain. Do you know of a feature in the game that would cause that to happen? Flippers functioned perfectly fine afterwards.

#7309 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Why would ya do that? It's just a few screens needing updating and they are in grayscale for now. I'm still enjoying color dotsxl.

#7310 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I've just left it as is ... about 95% of what I have seen is still colored but will be even better once we get a new Color DMD update.

#7311 4 years ago

If you do terrible in god mode, does it relegate you to the level of jizz mopper?

#7312 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I've just left it as is ... about 95% of what I have seen is still colored but will be even better once we get a new Color DMD update.

Thx guys. Didn’t realize 95% not affected

#7313 4 years ago
#7314 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I changed the end of ball scene setting and I'm much happier. It was nice being able to more easily reach the deeper modes, but being able to advance to the next scene in a ladder without completing the one before it just felt like cheating to me.

Totally agree on that.

#7315 4 years ago

“The one thing that does slightly annoy me is that I can't see the skill shot letters. I have to stand on my toes! “

Get the mirror

#7316 4 years ago

I agree the mirror really helps with the skill shot. I spent 2 years trying to see the refelection in the glass or plastic.

So, you can turn off the easier mode-advance-without-completion setting then? Can you tell me which setting #?

Thanks!

#7317 4 years ago

Thanks for the code.
I just noticed that my slimer stopped working after the update.
When I re installed the original Stern code it worked again so my guess is that it is a process with your code?
Just thought I let you know.
Did anyone else expect the same issue?

#7318 4 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Thanks for the code.
I just noticed that my slimer stopped working after the update.
When I re installed the original Stern code it worked again so my guess is that it is a process with your code?
Just thought I let you know.
Did anyone else expect the same issue?

Did you accidentally install Pro code instead of Premium/LE?

#7319 4 years ago

I bought the PKE Mirror Mod a month ago but I'm a total newb so I've been a little scared of the instructions saying to unscrew the back of the playing field from the top / botttom and disconnect everything etc... Anybody have any luck screwing that thing in an easier way or do I just have to face my fears? Thanks G

#7320 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

I bought the PKE Mirror Mod a month ago but I'm a total newb so I've been a little scared of the instructions saying to unscrew the back of the playing field from the top / botttom and disconnect everything etc... Anybody have any luck screwing that thing in an easier way or do I just have to face my fears? Thanks G

You just have to face your fears and do it. Its been a long time since i put mine on but it wasnt that bad.

#7321 4 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Did you accidentally install Pro code instead of Premium/LE?

This is likely the culprit. I installed Kiss Premium code in a Pro once by accident and the machine went bananas.

#7322 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So, you can turn off the easier mode-advance-without-completion setting then? Can you tell me which setting #?
Thanks!

I adjusted feature 30 under the GB adjustments. I believe Ball End Mode was the name of the feature.

#7323 4 years ago

I did it without removing... dont do it! the chance is high to damage plastics. later i unscrewed the back wood anyway and thought to my self how dump i was

#7324 4 years ago

I hope my memory is right. I mounted with double sided tape and its been perfect.
Test fit.

#7325 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I did it without removing... dont do it! the chance is high to damage plastics. later i unscrewed the back wood anyway and thought to my self how dump i was

Its not that bad. I've had to do lots of pinball repairs that were much more difficult than installing that mirror.

#7326 4 years ago

Do you guys do the Quick update or full update option?

#7327 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

This is likely the culprit. I installed Kiss Premium code in a Pro once by accident and the machine went bananas.

I have seen this once on GB The game mostly works until the first time Slimer is needed. Slimer uses a different node board on Premium/LE that doesn't exist on Pros, so the game will eventually crash and restart or spaz depending on which type of machine got the wrong code

#7328 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Do you guys do the Quick update or full update option?

I didnt get that option this time around.

#7329 4 years ago

Its really not needed at all imo...

#7330 4 years ago

Don't forget to update your ratings in the "Top 100" list

#7331 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

-The right ramp is TOUGH on the Pro. This does not bother me at all. I feel accomplished when I make it.

It's an even tougher shot on the premium IMHO. But factory settings on the new code make it obsolete. With the new code changes, you can practically ignore it. You just don't want to leave it as the last shot on modes, because "Ghost" won't spot the last shot. PKE Frenzy is the only dedicated mode now where you can't bypass the right ramp.

I played thru WRTBY last night (didn't get 100 ghosts), completed the left ramp ladder a second time (96 ghosts that time...damn it) and drained on StayPuft the second time around the right orbit ladder. I don't recall intentionally shooting the right ramp at all that game other than PKE.

Everyone can set the game how they want, but I turned off "Ghost" spotting after that. Having a shot that you never need to shoot seems like a waste. The best thing about this new code is not only did they make a ton of changes, but they forsaw the needs of different players and added a lot of customizable options.

I hope this is a signal for future games not to have options like EASY, NORMAL, HARD, that only add to the number of shots required to do something. This game now has customizable code that changes how the game can be played. That by itself makes this update awesome.

#7332 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Don't forget to update your ratings in the "Top 100" list</blockquote

Has the game moved up on the list since the update?

#7333 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

You just don't want to leave it as the last shot on modes, because "Ghost" won't spot the last shot.

I'm still fairly new to the game. I understand what you mean on the right ramp being worked out of all but Frenzy. Don't 100% follow you on the ghost not spotting on the last shot.

#7334 4 years ago

Loving the new code! My only gripe is that when you hit 60 and 80 ghosts collected, you get "locked" into starting Loopin' Supers and PKE Frenzy and can't make any further progress until hitting the left ramp to start those modes. I understand why it was changed - to give these two modes their own moment without running over the rest of the game, but it throws off my flow sometimes when I am focused on completing the mode ladders. It reminds me of how Lightsaber duel in Star Wars locks you out of making any further progress until you get through it.

#7335 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Loving the new code! My only gripe is that when you hit 60 and 80 ghosts collected, you get "locked" into starting Loopin' Supers and PKE Frenzy and can't make any further progress until hitting the left ramp to start those modes. I understand why it was changed - to give these two modes their own moment without running over the rest of the game, but it throws off my flow sometimes when I am focused on completing the mode ladders. It reminds me of how Lightsaber duel in Star Wars locks you out of making any further progress until you get through it.

I agree, but with a different view....I love Loopin Supers, and hated that it would get lost in other modes.
When it was played alone, same as PKE, I, personally enjoyed more. Stopping other progress...Not as much.

Havent updated yet, but the game is a Favorite that will outlast me, and go to my Children.
It is the Families Favorite Game, with Whoa Nellie right behind.
(Family is doing dibs on my games for when Im gone)

#7336 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

+1
at least an alternative option would be nice.
the worst is having a good SFMB going on right before Looping Supers and ghost collecting simply stops at 60.
that way you really have to calculate when to start SFMB.
same for PKE frenzy. that means SFMB is unusabel from ~60-100 ghosts??
BUT also before locking in 2 Balls for SFMB it takes some time, mostly i have about 40-60 ghosts at this point
i also often drain from 60-80 ghost because of the required shots.

what also really bothers me is that you can not collect tobins spirit guide during modes.
that double sucks! because at first i have to wait to complete my mode and then i cant
shoot the scoop, because it will also start the librarian mode, which is not always wanted.

please let me know what you think about it!

#7337 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Personally I think that is awesome as Loopin Supers is now it's own set piece moment. Sometimes stacking results in too much going on and for individual modes to be lost in the process.

#7338 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I didnt get that option this time around.

That makes the secession easy then. Lol

#7339 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Don't 100% follow you on the ghost not spotting on the last shot.

The game now spots (gives you credit for) a lit mode shot if you have this setting on. You always have to shoot a lit mode shot before the "Ghost" target will give you a freebie. So on the three-shot first modes, you can get at most one spotted shot from the "Ghost" target.

Here's an example. Start Spook Central and set the shot value. Four main shots light. Shoot the left ramp...three shots left. Instead of shooting one of the remaining shots, shoot the "Ghost" target. The game will spot you the right ramp (so far it always has) and consider it hit. Next, shoot the right orbit. That leaves the left orbit...shoot the "Ghost" target and nothing happens. You have to physically make the last shot to count it.

#7340 4 years ago

One of the biggest things for me in the new code is being able to lower the auto launch power. Now I can use the right orbit airball protector without worrying about the ball getting stuck on top of it, and right orbit shots always register now.

#7341 4 years ago

Is it possible to have any multiball during looping supers?

#7342 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I changed my rankings after the code release, but I'm not sure everyone else has had enough time.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Personally I think that is awesome as Loopin Supers is now it's own set piece moment. Sometimes stacking results in too much going on and for individual modes to be lost in the process.

Agreed, in the previous code you could stack everything and the game was very difficult for new users to tell what was important.

#7343 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

I don’t think so.

#7344 4 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

Not any more. When you finish whatever mode/MB you are in and Loopin has been qualified, everything shuts off (for lack of a better term) except for the mini mode. You have to play it by itself. There is no way around it.

#7345 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think so.

Dont like that.

#7346 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The game now spots (gives you credit for) a lit mode shot if you have this setting on. You always have to shoot a lit mode shot before the "Ghost" target will give you a freebie. So on the three-shot first modes, you can get at most one spotted shot from the "Ghost" target.
Here's an example. Start Spook Central and set the shot value. Four main shots light. Shoot the left ramp...three shots left. Instead of shooting one of the remaining shots, shoot the "Ghost" target. The game will spot you the right ramp (so far it always has) and consider it hit. Next, shoot the right orbit. That leaves the left orbit...shoot the "Ghost" target and nothing happens. You have to physically make the last shot to count it.

Got it! Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it. This forum is always extremely helpful.

#7347 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I don't think so - it takes time. I just think since Stern went to the trouble to update, we should give an honest reevaluation.

#7348 4 years ago

God mode is super fun...I can see myself playing this often when time is limited. Great feature!

#7349 4 years ago

I'm really digging the new code, but there is one thing I'd like to see changed. It kind of bugs me that at the beginning of the game the "Start Scene" skill shot automatically starts WBTD. I'd rather it be changed to a "Qualify Scenes" skill shot, so you can choose which ladder you want to start on.

#7350 4 years ago

Which ever ladder you pick as your skill shot, will start that ladder. Not sure what you mean it always starts wbtd?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,699 (OBO)
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/147?hl=luckdragon100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.