IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 250.
#7251 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:I'm having an issue with the newton balls on the leftside often getting stuck or not making it past the gate. Anyone have any tips on adjusting that?

I loosened the nuts a bit on the plastic above the newton balls and pulled/bent the gate up slightly. It works perfectly now.

#7252 4 years ago

Having feelings for GB like when I first got it Woke up early this morning before work to get a few games in and planning on leaving work early to get some more in before dinner

#7253 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

There is a timer LOL - you have 60 seconds to collect 100 Ghosts in WARTBY

Sorry, I was referring to having the game save your fastest times as a alternative to high score. Also, you can hit the captive ball to extend the timer. I'm not sure any of my games have been under 60 seconds.

#7254 4 years ago

So I guess its not just me who thinks the multiballs got to easy because of the ball saves. So I have some suggestions.

Rework multiball ball save feature. If balls are being kicked out at the left or right scoop. A ballsaver activates for a few seconds and saves drained balls. (multiple balls per save possible)
-Limit the amount of balls being saved to 1 ball per save.
-Limit the amount of ball saves startet via scoops during multiball to 3 or make it adjustable.

I also have a idea regarding God mode

Add God mode adjustments.
-If game mode is set to God mode, add an adjustment to automatically disable God mode after a power cycle.
-Add an adjustment for starting God mode via key combination. Hold both flipper buttons and then press start. Game should start in God mode.

#7255 4 years ago

I changed the end of ball scene setting and I'm much happier. It was nice being able to more easily reach the deeper modes, but being able to advance to the next scene in a ladder without completing the one before it just felt like cheating to me.

#7256 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I changed the end of ball scene setting and I'm much happier. It was nice being able to more easily reach the deeper modes, but being able to advance to the next scene in a ladder without completing the one before it just felt like cheating to me.

I generally like playing the game as it was designed and not messing with the code settings, but I am going to have to do this too or the game will loose it's staying power for me. I love 90% of the update, I just feel like they overcompensated to make it easier so that people could see the new fancy Are You A God wizard mode, but now if there is a setting in the game to just jump to it and play it, the easier difficulty isn't as necessary anymore and it could be ramped back up a bit IMHO.

#7257 4 years ago

LesManley I think you are putting a little too much stock in the "design" taking nothing away from Dwight and other coders....WE are the trouble shooters and final beta testers on what works with this game...Pinside is the perfect forum to understand what makes a great pinball. aside from the trivial nitpickers and whiners.....Pinside knows pinball.

With that said...I like that the coders made the game adjustable and modifiable to all levels of players. That is progress!

#7258 4 years ago

One thing I did notice on my pro is that when I get to SP mode, he actually lights up now where I don't remember seeing him lit up before. I knew there was a light under there, but it never seemed to work until this new code. That alone makes this code awesome

#7259 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

I'm having an issue with the newton balls on the leftside often getting stuck or not making it past the gate. Anyone have any tips on adjusting that?

Same here let us know if you figure it out.

#7260 4 years ago

Beneath the wonky geometry, propensity for airballs, flipper gap, ghosting and sundry other issues has always lurked a pinballing masterpiece.

As of yesterday, we finally have the fully formed Ghostbusters that a lot of us suspected was hidden in plain sight.

Congratulations to Dwight and the Top Men, I'm so glad I didn't move Ghostbusters on a couple of years ago.

And on the same day I was able to mount my Ultimate Topper from Lighted Pinball Mods. The photo is crap, the reality is stunning

IMG_3294 (resized).jpgIMG_3294 (resized).jpg
#7261 4 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

One thing I did notice on my pro is that when I get to SP mode, he actually lights up now where I don't remember seeing him lit up before. I knew there was a light under there, but it never seemed to work until this new code. That alone makes this code awesome

I noticed this too and loved it! Before he only lit up when you were going to defeat him at the end of his mode and he color changed. Now he lights up bright and white at the mode start.

#7262 4 years ago

Just updated the code on my GB Pro. Immediately noticed that I can no longer do a flipper pass from flipper to flipper when it's cradled. I have to fully release the flipper button in order to get it to disengage. This was not at all an issue with the earlier code. Anyone else have this problem?

#7263 4 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

Just updated the code on my GB Pro. Immediately noticed that I can no longer pass the ball from flipper to flipper when it's cradled. I have to fully release the flipper button in order to get it to disengage. This was not at all an issue with the earlier code. Anyone else have this problem?

Quoted from Archon9000:

Just updated the code on my GB Pro. Immediately noticed that I can no longer pass the ball from flipper to flipper when it's cradled. I have to fully release the flipper button in order to get it to disengage. This was not at all an issue with the earlier code. Anyone else have this problem?

That’s a new feature.

#7264 4 years ago

From 3 years ago to today. What a great F ing game.

Should GB have been there from day one like this?

Something in between but its a home run now.

#7265 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

That’s a new feature.

Really... are you joking? I literally can no longer do a flipper pass.

I only saw the following in the ReadMe regarding flippers :
- Added adjustments LEFT FLIPPER POWER and RIGHT FLIPPER POWER to vary flipper power.

#7266 4 years ago

I thought in the stream, the comment was made that the Scoleri Bros wouldn't be awarded from Tobins. I had that happen tonight.

I'm also getting more extra balls than seems normal. I know there is one for "finishing" three modes, and I turned on another at six "finished" modes. But I seem to be getting more than two.

#7267 4 years ago
Quoted from Chambo:

Beneath the wonky geometry, propensity for airballs, flipper gap, ghosting and sundry other issues has always lurked a pinballing masterpiece.
As of yesterday, we finally have the fully formed Ghostbusters that a lot of us suspected was hidden in plain sight.
Congratulations to Dwight and the Top Men, I'm so glad I didn't move Ghostbusters on a couple of years ago.
And on the same day I was able to mount my Ultimate Topper from Lighted Pinball Mods. The photo is crap, the reality is stunning[quoted image]

Only problem with the topper is it keeps shutting off because the new code has a lot lights shutting off.

#7268 4 years ago

@archon. Go in and adjust the flipper strength
The default is all the way up. You probably want it at soft. It also stops balls from shooting off the top of the ramp which is great.

#7269 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

The plunge exploit is gone on Premium/LE as far as I can tell since the goggle opto qualifies the playfield now.

I was able to pull it off once tonight, but only once.

#7270 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

@archon. Go in and adjust the flipper strength
The default is all the way up. You probably want it at soft. It also stops balls from shooting off the top of the ramp which is great.

Thanks for the tip.
The "soft" setting definitely helps!

#7271 4 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

I'm having an issue with the newton balls on the leftside often getting stuck or not making it past the gate. Anyone have any tips on adjusting that?

May need some washers to raise the plastic.

#7272 4 years ago

anyone can explain the extraball mechanics please?
what i found is:

- extraball at 50 ghosts

- Added an adjustment called 2ND SCENE COMPELTE EXTRA BALL. This allows a 2nd
Extra Ball to be awarded for completing scenes. It defaults to PLUS 3,
meaning when the player completes 3 more scenes past the first Extra Ball
awarded they will be awarded with a new lit Extra Ball. (I don not understand this)

- random extraball from Tobins

- random extraball from pop pumpers
===================================

yes, the multiball ball saving is set too forgiving.
WARTBY seems to be too easy, everything you have to do is trying to keep the balls in game, no aiming needed at all.
Maybe its becaus i am using the carrot flippers.

check out the ball saves, this is my 6 year old:

#7273 4 years ago

What are you confused about?

If you already lit extra ball, you need to complete 3 modes after that to light extra ball again.

If you complete 2 mode, light extra ball (from say getting 50 ghosts), you need to complete 3 more to light EB again.

#7274 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Add an adjustment for starting God mode via key combination. Hold both flipper buttons and then press start. Game should start in God mode.

That's a good idea. Maybe in free play only mode. Although, I imagine it'd be a draw on location of people knew it was an option.

#7275 4 years ago

I guess I’m a little behind. So GOD mode is separate from Are you a God?

#7276 4 years ago

Wtb: Stern Ghostbusters Shooter Rod

Also have an ad on Marketplace

Or if you know a source that might still have one available

Thanks

#7277 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I guess I’m a little behind. So GOD mode is separate from Are you a God?

Kind of, it's a setting to play a mini game.

#7278 4 years ago

I decided to go forward with the Ghostbusters purchase! Thanks for everyone's help. I already updated the code

IMG_20190928_094637 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_094637 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190928_094613 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190928_094613 (resized).jpg
#7279 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I decided to go forward with the Ghostbusters purchase! Thanks for everyone's help. I already updated the code[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! I've had interest in my LE that isn't for sale I don't think I could let go now.

#7280 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Kind of, it's a setting to play a mini game.

Kind of? What does that mean? Haha. So is it you can get to Are you a God in the game as the final wizard mode or choose to play it right off the bat as a separate game a la super mode on Judge Dredd?

#7281 4 years ago

Setting #65 you set it to normal play or God mode. God mode you start at we are ready to believe you and only get 1 chance to go as far as you can.

#7282 4 years ago

I just tried out GOD mode

Very fun for the kids to enjoy a mode they may never get too with so much required to achieve Hell even some adults

Very nice feature to turn On and Off

#7283 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Wtb: Stern Ghostbusters Shooter Rod
Also have an ad on Marketplace
Or if you know a source that might still have one available
Thanks

hey TheCnyPinGuy , these aren't Stern ones but I have 5 different GB shooter knobs here amongst other things

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

#7286 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Kind of? What does that mean? Haha. So is it you can get to Are you a God in the game as the final wizard mode or choose to play it right off the bat as a separate game a la super mode on Judge Dredd?

Correct. It was a dev setting they showed off on stream to start at WRTBY and try to get to AYAG. They left it in, but unlike Dredd, you have to change your game mode from NORMAL to GOD in the settings menu to access it. It's a fun little one ball mini-game that can be played 4 player and even has a high score entry.

#7287 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That didn't take long!! Any changes from the first version?

The only difference is the Librarian Ghost mode is back to default. I got a lot of grumpy comments that it was too slow

#7288 4 years ago

That's too bad....i liked the librarian music. It is pensive....not slow...but maybe a volume bump would be good. Some compression don't know if you can do that in PB

#7289 4 years ago

I will certainly listen to feedback and update as necessary.

#7290 4 years ago

I clicked download premium and it show in my folder as Ghostbusters_LE-1_16_0.spk

Why LE when I need Premium? Any difference?

#7291 4 years ago
Quoted from GameVault:

I clicked download premium and it show in my folder as Ghostbusters_LE-1_16_0.spk
Why LE when I need Premium? Any difference?

No difference - there is only 1 file, but Sterns download section lists it separately to avoid confusion (until you read the filename, like you did LOL)

#7292 4 years ago

Bobby Brown and higher and higher music coming tonight

Premium version only

#7293 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Correct. It was a dev setting they showed off on stream to start at WRTBY and try to get to AYAG. They left it in, but unlike Dredd, you have to change your game mode from NORMAL to GOD in the settings menu to access it. It's a fun little one ball mini-game that can be played 4 player and even has a high score entry.

Thanks. This sounds like lots of fun.

#7294 4 years ago

Where is the COLORDMD update?!

#7295 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Where is the COLORDMD update?!

Reckon there's a lot of work to be done there. Not a five minute job

#7296 4 years ago

Just updated my GB premium... wow! That must have taken some serious work. Massive kudos to Dwight and the team.

I might turn down the extra balls a little. I got three in my first game! But the point is, we have the adjustments to fine-tune our games to play the way we want.

It all seems to come together to make a complete package now. Mightily impressed. Just off for another quick game. Lack of skill makes most of my games quick.

#7297 4 years ago

I've only played my GBLE maybe 100 times...that was 3 years ago. I haven't played it since the summer of 2017.

With the new code update, I've decided to keep the machine, rather than sell it.

My machine is completely stock. What "tweaks" do I need to make? What mods are needed?

I really don't want to have to take the time to read this entire post to get up to speed. Can any of you GB "veterans" help out?

I appreciate any help you guys can provide.

#7298 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I've only played my GBLE maybe 100 times...that was 3 years ago. I haven't played it since the summer of 2017.
With the new code update, I've decided to keep the machine, rather than sell it.
My machine is completely stock. What "tweaks" do I need to make? What mods are needed?
I really don't want to have to take the time to read this entire post to get up to speed. Can any of you GB "veterans" help out?
I appreciate any help you guys can provide.

- Get the Center post/higher lane guides mod (PinballLife has it) - you can use it without the center post if you want, but the lane guides help
- Turn down the power on the Auto-Launcher (I'm using 195) - fixes launches not going around
- Turn down the power on the flippers (default is Hard, I'm using Normal) - help a lot with air balls
- Replace the hex post on the right ramp with a shorter one, and adjust positioning of right ramp -> fixes reject issue
- Tighten the Scoleri Brothers springs (skip 25% - 30% of the spring) - makes Scoleris go down easier
- You may not need more Air Ball protection - but if so there is an Air Ball shield by the left ramp, and different brackets for the 2X, 3X standups

#7300 4 years ago

My thoughts after purchasing a GB Pro and playing intensely for a full 24-hours.

-The game attracted my family and neighbors to the game room. Great theme!

-It's like playing football in the Big 12. Very high scoring!

-The storage facility multi-ball with the shaker motor is awesome. Super awesome!

-I agree that it's a completely different style of game. This makes it a very good compliment to my Metallica Pro.

-I made a few of the adjustments suggested in the club. I moved the left/right posts and also reduced the flipper/kicker speed. I adjusted the scene continuation before we played the first game. That didn't seem right to me. All the suggestions worked great!

-Lighting, sounds and music are great. A shaker is a must for this one!

-The right ramp is TOUGH on the Pro. This does not bother me at all. I feel accomplished when I make it.

-The flipper gap didn't really bother me. Although, it was tough compared to the other machines I have played. I kept trying to hold my ball with the flipper, which caused many drains due to the short flippers. I just need to train myself not to do it! I think I'm going to get the center post simply for my daughter. My boys do not want me to get it but I really want her to like the game. I'm not sure if post or the longer flippers are a better option. She loves the movie so I want her to love the game.

-The one thing that does slightly annoy me is that I can't see the skill shot letters. I have to stand on my toes!

-Did I mention the storage facility multi-ball is awesome?

Overall, I give this machine a B+/A- rating. I'm super glad I made the purchase.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/146 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.