IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 250.
#7201 4 years ago

Just updated and played a few games with the new code. Plays like a completely different game. It is actually easier, got a little over 6 billion, but I like it. The insert colors are different when you play modes, which I think look great, and there are a lot of different call outs now. Good job Dwight and team. Well done.

#7202 4 years ago

Is there a checksum for the file(s)?

#7203 4 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

this will be my first time updating a newer Stern/Spike game. Do you loose your audits when you update? (specifically, I am tracking the number of balls/games, etc)
Edit: do I want a full or quick update?
cant wait to try this tonight

Not sure about the audits. I lost the high scores, which is fine for me.

I didn't get an option for the full/quick update. I think it just did a full automatically.

#7204 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Not sure about the audits. I lost the high scores, which is fine for me.
I didn't get an option for the full/quick update. I think it just did a full automatically.

yeah i just saw the full VS quick in the TXT file, but I am updating now and it did not ask, so i am good there.

as for the audits, looks like you do, but I did a dump first just in case.

appreciate the response.

#7205 4 years ago

Are there any new animations on the ecto goggles? Or any mode incorporating it?

#7206 4 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Are there any new animations on the ecto goggles? Or any mode incorporating it?

No, he said that would require license approval which they aren’t going to do.

#7207 4 years ago

Couple of bugs which hopefully get cleaned up. Love the change

#7208 4 years ago
Quoted from Enaud:

Wow. Just updated the code. I'm not a great player and I got 741M GC on the first game!
It plays longer now and I have seen parts of the game now that I never got to before.
Thanks Dwight and team!

Ghostbusters code update is very nice and has some much needed fixes, but the game is way too easy now IMHO. I got to Are You A God on my first game on the new code. Before I only got to We Are Ready to Believe You once or twice ever. The mode completion for just starting a mode makes it so easy. I got Gozer started (which was a very difficult mode before), drained instantly and the mode was complete...so right on to Staypuft next ball. Mode completion on start and multipliers lit for just hitting the ramp and then the gear targets too is just too much of a reward for little effort. I got through the game before even hitting 80 ghosts during normal play. I loved the game before partly because of how difficult it was and this code update has flipped the script and the game has arguably gone from too difficult to too easy.

#7209 4 years ago

This game just became amazing and is now one of Sterns best games ever in my opinion! I feel like i just got a brand nee game. Cant wait to get some more time on this.

#7210 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The Ghostbusters code update is very nice, and has some much needed fixes, but the game is way too easy now IMHO. I got to Are You A God on my first game on the new code. Before I only got to We Are Ready to Believe You once or twice ever. The mode completion for just starting a mode makes it so easy. I got Gozer started (which was a very difficult mode before), drained instantly and the mode was complete...so right on to Staypuft next ball. Mode completion on start and multipliers lit for just hitting the ramp and then the gear targets is just too much of a reward for little effort. I got through the game before even hitting 80 ghosts during normal play.

Many of the changes are menu settings, I'm sure the community will figure out a happy medium.

#7211 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

This game just became amazing and is now one of Sterns best games ever in my opinion! I feel like i just got a brand nee game. Cant wait to get some more time on this.

Better than Munsters? LOL

#7212 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The Ghostbusters code update is very nice, and has some much needed fixes, but the game is way too easy now IMHO. I got to Are You A God on my first game on the new code. Before I only got to We Are Ready to Believe You once or twice ever. The mode completion for just starting a mode makes it so easy. I got Gozer started (which was a very difficult mode before), drained instantly and the mode was complete...so right on to Staypuft next ball. Mode completion on start and multipliers lit for just hitting the ramp and then the gear targets is just too much of a reward for little effort. I got through the game before even hitting 80 ghosts during normal play.

Thankfully they allowed a lot of that to be adjustable in the settings!

#7213 4 years ago

Can't believe no one mentioned that they left in the AYAG challenge mode we saw on stream:

Added GOD MODE adjustment.
- The settings are NORMAL or GOD MODE. The game defaults to NORMAL.
- If set to GOD MODE, when you start a game you will start at the begining
of "We Are Ready To Believe You" wizard mode. You can add players or you
can plunge the ball. Plunging the ball will start the multiball.
- If you complete "We Are Ready To Believe You" you will start "ARE YOU A
GOD?". When "ARE YOU A GOD?" ends your game will end.
- If you do not complete "We Are Ready To Believe You" the game will end.
- Added a GOD MODE champion. If the game is set to NORMAL this will not be
seen in the attract mode.
- If GOD MODE is enabled you cannot MATCH, win a replay, or qualify for
other high scores champions.

#7214 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Better than Munsters? LOL

I love my Munsters. Its the pride of my collection. I love all of my games actually but Ghostbusters which was already a great game just became unbelievable.

#7215 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah! It really shows just how much code can impact and change a game.

#7216 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Added GOD MODE adjustment

That was an awesome surprise addition! Its nice for owners, but would be nice for players to be able to select it. Pay one credit, get a one ball wizard mode.

#7217 4 years ago

Just got to Mass Hysteria, I really like the new sounds and all around better clarity on what to do/the flipper behaviour. It's actually a fun multiball now!

#7218 4 years ago

Hmm, I'm with LesManley right now, not liking modes finishing so simply. I had previously set options forcing players to completely finish modes (and liked that they would time out and have to be restarted to finish finishing them). Can't find the option to adjust any of this anymore. Only seeing the chaining setting. Any suggestions?

Also not liking the new train sound added to the right loop and right ramp, gets tiresome fast. And I used to be able to adjust audio more intuitively. But, other things are looking good, need more time with it.

#7219 4 years ago

Just updated and played a half dozen games. My first impression is, this is a killer update. Better lightshow and more tailored to the mode you are in. The Spooked Librarian has yellow shots now, which looks great and new callouts as you clear that mode. New animations, less "ok, who brought the dog?"...replaced by a variety of Lewis callouts. All the glitches and obnoxious things are gone, and the rules are easier to follow.

If this was the code that came out 2 years ago, this pin would be ranked much higher and would be less divisive. I didn't mind how hard the game was before, but I welcome the more complete game this is now.

Nice job, Stern. Never give up on your games!

#7220 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Can't believe no one mentioned that they left in the AYAG challenge mode we saw on stream:

My son and I turned on God Mode from the start after updating, we had the best time with this mode! It makes for a fun game to play with casual players as the objective is easy in the first stage. After we played about 6-7 games of this, I played a few games of the normal mode. I would agree that the game is much easier now, good thing is that most of the additions the team made to make the game easier are adjustable in the settings. Overall, this is a great update that makes the game even better!

#7221 4 years ago

This new code completely changes the dynamics IMHO. While it's obviously still the same game with the same shots, it doesn't play the same at all. Old strategies need to be tossed out. I've played about a dozen games, and here's what I see so far. I'm sure the more I play my thoughts may change.

Lighting and callouts - Positive...the new lighting effects and call outs are awesome. New colors have been introduced, and it really differentiates between the mode shots and secondary shots. New callouts are great. "Light is green; trap is clean" on the second lock should end the red/green debate.

Skill Shots - Positive...The auto 6x is removed, but it's actually easier now to get into it (more on that later). The video mode skill shot has also been removed. Getting that possible 60M (now 80M) has to be earned now. You can also get an upper and lower skill shot. More is always better!

Starting Modes - Positive...I'm ignoring the plunge exploit because I just think it's dumb. I like the new code taking away the right flipper backhand. It introduces another element to the right ladder. I like taking away the mode chaining. I really enjoyed planning the shots to end on the correct one in the previous code. But now after completing the last shot, you get to make a choice for the next shot. It doesn't diminish the game and is good for new players.

Auto Mode Completion - Neutral...I'm not digging this after my first few games. It drastically impacts scoring. Sure it's easy to progress, but it eliminates a lot of scoring opportunities. For example, in the old code Spook Central was worth up to 60M (unmulitplied). If I lost a ball after starting this mode, I still had a chance to get the points on the next ball. In the new mode, those possible 60M points just disappear.

Multipliers / Scoring - Neutral / Neutral...Getting into mulitplied playfields is very easy now. Left ramp / proton pack keeps you in Xplay almost indefinitely. However, the proton shot does introduce lateral movement which is dangerous. Also, some mode scoring has been nerfed, so IMHO modes are now just a means to get to MB. One specific "nerf" is the hurry-up on Spook Central. The timer now starts before the ball is released from the post. The best I've gotten is 13M from a one-timer slap shot.

MB - Positive...This is where my strategy will change most. Playing the right ladder made put WCWS the furthest away, the mode points made it worth it. Now that that's no the case anymore, I'm going to be playing Left Scoop / Left Ramp modes much more often. MB with Xplayfield will make big scores.

Rule Changes - Positive (except for one)...I'm not going into detail, but shot changes to StayPuft, spinner for Super Jackpots, limiting Scoleri qualifying, etc are all for the better. The one I don't like is the change to the Gozer mode. Switching the right orbit and right ramp shots definitely makes it easier. But coupling that with Terror Dog target change makes the right ramp virtually unnecessary for anything but PKE.

This is getting way too long, so I'm going to stop. I'd like to hear your new strategies. I'm thinking Librarian Ladder to WCWS MB early.

#7222 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

multipliers lit for just hitting the ramp and then the gear targets too is just too much of a reward for little effort

This isn't too easy really - consider AC/DC. All you have to do is hit the bell 3 times with no timer. GB has 2 shots, with a timer to light the PFX and then you have to hit the PFX target. They are actually pretty equivalent in difficulty, and AC/DC's bell is probably the MOST fun feature of AC/DC!

GB went from having unusable, mostly luck PFX to a well structured fun PFX feature!

#7223 4 years ago

Just had an absurd pink slime cleanup run. 136 mil per shot for shy of a billion just from that.

I turned off scene auto-completion and multiple ball saves. I appreciate the idea but it's a little too much in the easy direction IMO.

#7224 4 years ago

The plunge exploit is gone on Premium/LE as far as I can tell since the goggle opto qualifies the playfield now.

#7225 4 years ago

The new code is amazing. A different game . Played for hours. Didn’t want to stop but I need to work tomorrow!!! So fun!!!

#7226 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

This isn't too easy really - consider AC/DC. All you have to do is hit the bell 3 times with no timer. GB has 2 shots, with a timer to light the PFX and then you have to hit the PFX target. They are actually pretty equivalent in difficulty, and AC/DC's bell is probably the MOST fun feature of AC/DC!
GB went from having unusable, mostly luck PFX to a well structured fun PFX feature!

This.

Also if anyone needs a few thousand dollars I am looking to trade my Pro+cash for a Premium/LE

#7227 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

One specific "nerf" is the hurry-up on Spook Central. The timer now starts before the ball is released from the post. The best I've gotten is 13M from a one-timer slap shot.

I think Hurry Up should always have a small grace period to allow a player to collect full value. It's a perk for playing good.

Quoted from sethi_i:

Auto Mode Completion - Neutral...I'm not digging this after my first few games

There's no setting for this?

Quoted from sethi_i:

Multipliers / Scoring - Neutral / Neutral...Getting into mulitplied playfields is very easy now. Left ramp / proton pack keeps you in Xplay almost indefinitely.

When I owned GB, I thought playfield X were almost impossible to qualify from the captive balls.

Maybe a few more difficulty settings in the game for mode completion, playfield x qualification, etc are all it needs.

Rob

#7228 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

This is amazing. I can't wait to try it

#7229 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Ghostbusters code update is very nice and has some much needed fixes, but the game is way too easy now IMHO. I got to Are You A God on my first game on the new code. Before I only got to We Are Ready to Believe You once or twice ever. The mode completion for just starting a mode makes it so easy. I got Gozer started (which was a very difficult mode before), drained instantly and the mode was complete...so right on to Staypuft next ball. Mode completion on start and multipliers lit for just hitting the ramp and then the gear targets too is just too much of a reward for little effort. I got through the game before even hitting 80 ghosts during normal play. I loved the game before partly because of how difficult it was and this code update has flipped the script and the game has arguably gone from too difficult to too easy.

In Feature Adjustments #30, change Ball End Mode Behavior from "last scene continues" to "scene continues." Voila.

#7230 4 years ago

Question for you guys on the auto launch. Is the left gate supposed to be closed often to divert the ball to PKE? I feel like often from auto launch, and noticed last night after locking a ball, that when it auto launches, it wont do an orbit but hits the gate and goes to PKE.

Normal?

#7231 4 years ago

Question to see if anyone knows in we came we saw if you have add a ball lit it seems like when you make a yellow shot the add a ball turns off for like two seconds or until you make another yellow shot. Is this a glitch or by design in the code this was a game I was playing on location.

#7232 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Question for you guys on the auto launch. Is the left gate supposed to be closed often to divert the ball to PKE? I feel like often from auto launch, and noticed last night after locking a ball, that when it auto launches, it wont do an orbit but hits the gate and goes to PKE.
Normal?

It depends on what's happening in the game at the time of the auto-launch. Sometimes the gate will open and sometimes it stays closed. Have you tried testing the gate in the test menu? If it works in test, it's probably fine.

If it works in test, and you want to verify...
- One of the times it's always open is if you lose the ball right away after the plunge and the ball save activates
- Try losing the ball right away a bunch of times (each on a new ball)
- if the left gate doesn't open in these tests, you have an issue

#7233 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

It depends on what's happening in the game at the time of the auto-launch. Sometimes the gate will open and sometimes it stays closed. Have you tried testing the gate in the test menu? If it works in test, it's probably fine.
If it works in test, and you want to verify...
- One of the times it's always open is if you lose the ball right away after the plunge and the ball save activates
- Try losing the ball right away a bunch of times (each on a new ball)
- if the left gate doesn't open in these tests, you have an issue

Ok thanks. Thats exactly what I needed to know. I wasnt sure if the ball from auto launch might be missing the switch..

#7234 4 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

In Feature Adjustments #30, change Ball End Mode Behavior from "last scene continues" to "scene continues." Voila.

what is factory setting here? mine was on "scene continues", i dont get scenes completed when losing a ball,
but in the code reveal video they said its completed when losing a ball.

#7235 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

what is factory setting here? mine was on "scene continues", i dont get scenes completed when losing a ball,

Last scene continues is default. So other modes auto complete.

#7236 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Mine defaulted to "last scene continues," I decided to change it to "scene continues" because I felt like I was skipping through the game/

#7237 4 years ago

thanks alot.

#7238 4 years ago

So I see code is separate for LE and Prem......did anyone compare and see what the difference was?

#7239 4 years ago

How do you play GOD MODE?

#7240 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So I see code is separate for LE and Prem......did anyone compare and see what the difference was?

I was curious about this also. I did notice that the Premium code file is named LE once downloaded.

#7241 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

How do you play GOD MODE?

It's in the release notes more clearly, but...
-- Phase 1 - shoot 2 combo shots (4 shots total) - but must be 2 2-shot combos
-- Phase 2 - Hit 7 major shots, 1 at a time (each shot has a timer I think)

#7242 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I think Hurry Up should always have a small grace period to allow a player to collect full value. It's a perk for playing good.

There's no setting for this?

When I owned GB, I thought playfield X were almost impossible to qualify from the captive balls.
Maybe a few more difficulty settings in the game for mode completion, playfield x qualification, etc are all it needs.
Rob

I agree about the Spook Central Hurry-up. In the earlier code, the ball would release and I'd have about a one shot grace period to get the 15M. On the new code, the timer starts as the post drops. There is no way to set the hurry-up to 15M. Is anyone else having this problem?

There is an auto-complete setting, but I'm playing the new unaltered code to see how it's changed. I think the game needs a mix of old and new. I'm going to play unaltered new for a while to make sure what, if anything, I want to change.

#7243 4 years ago

WOW! ARE YOU A GOD? is so fun to play

#7244 4 years ago

Yeah, I think adding the Are You A God option as it's own game will add some fun replay value. I want to see a timer so it's a race to collect the 100 ghosts.

#7245 4 years ago

no difference between LE and premium updates. They both download ghostbusters_LE-1_16_0.spk

#7246 4 years ago

having the option to turn down flipper strength individually is great! no more balls shooting off the left ramp! finally I can play the game! and you have ball save option for left scoop....or just turn up the eject power and it now hits the right flipper hard. so nice

#7247 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

The game appears great at first, like Wonka, but when you get to the meat and bones, you realize it's three shots only. Left orbit, right orbit, left ramp. I've owned it twice since my wife insisted it was her favorite game. The second she realized the layout sucks. No amount of code can save it, just like Wonka.

He's wrong about Ghostbusers but he's right on Wonka. The music and effects used to drive me crazy and now that I played that game more the entire package including code is just annoying and not fun
They definitely fd that game

Went from def nib to HUO to nothing.

#7248 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

There is no difference. Both links actually point to the same update file. (Can't think of how they would actually ever be different aside from maybe a splash screen or something? They are never doing that though )

#7249 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, I think adding the Are You A God option as it's own game will add some fun replay value. I want to see a timer so it's a race to collect the 100 ghosts.

There is a timer LOL - you have 60 seconds to collect 100 Ghosts in WARTBY

#7250 4 years ago

I'm having an issue with the newton balls on the leftside often getting stuck or not making it past the gate. Anyone have any tips on adjusting that?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 103.00
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

15,699 (OBO)
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/145?hl=supersquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.