New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 158155)

Ghostbusters Club - We Got One!!!

By 30FathomDave

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8,878 posts
  • 715 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Tjohejsan
  • Topic is favorited by 268 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,673 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2020-11-25-18-38-42 (resized).jpg
IMG_3982 (resized).JPG
IMG_3978 (resized).JPG
IMG_3980 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8762 (resized).jpg
C3A46B35-B443-4954-938A-6B08B06D7C28 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).jpg
2573626B-9D7A-47A3-97A6-5BD3E58514EE (resized).jpeg
FF120A9B-FA78-472F-805D-B2275F4A58C0 (resized).jpeg
5713752D-1999-46EC-863E-F73AA802B3C4 (resized).jpeg
AFF0B540-ECF4-49C5-B413-829E69B699D5 (resized).jpeg
38F687D3-D891-4678-96AB-28C5F2E4F9BA (resized).jpeg
418AC15F-D784-48C7-897C-C6587E1A817F (resized).jpeg
IMG_8278 (resized).jpg
215CC573-3E9C-4682-BD48-3ED097FF78E2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8878 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 178.
#7151 1 year ago

Direct quote from Dwight on the "code update imminent" thread...

"1 -
We recorded the podcast on Sunday, when I said next week I meant this week; the week we are currently in. We are still aiming at releasing the code this week. I do not think it will happen tomorrow(Tuesday). Please stop banging your head against a wall.

2 -
Please try the game as designed at least for 20 or 30 games. I made the game much easier but there is also much more game added to the back end. If after 20 or 30 games you are beating ARE YOU A GOD? too often, or at all. Then think about making the game harder. Also, GB can be a beast. Now that its easier you will still have bad games. It will be more volatile. This is by design.

Lastly, if you want to make the game harder start with turning the number of ball saves down to 1. Also consider turning off the extra extra ball. Maybe.

3 -
I look forward to any and all thoughts as everyone starts playing the new code."

Seems like maybe they are shooting for Wednesday or Thursday for code to drop? (crossing fingers)

#7152 1 year ago

OK, kids. I have some questions. I was seriously considering the purchase of a Ghostbusters pin this week. However; I read through this thread and I’m a little concerned. My family loves the theme but I would consider a couple of them novice players. My teenagers are starting to become decent pinball players. My wife isn’t that good but really likes to play pinball. My concern is that she’ll experience quick plays and not enjoy the game. I’m not sure new code would solve that problem. Should I ditch the thought of buying a Ghostbusters? Is your experience that novice players hate the game? Is there enough toys and new code features to keep the novice player happy?

#7153 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

OK, kids. I have some questions. I was seriously considering the purchase of a Ghostbusters pin this week. However; I read through this thread and I’m a little concerned. My family loves the theme but I would consider a couple of them novice players. My teenagers are starting to become decent pinball players. My wife isn’t that good but really likes to play pinball. My concern is that she’ll experience quick plays and not enjoy the game. I’m not sure new code would solve that problem. Should I ditch the thought of buying a Ghostbusters? Is your experience that novice players hate the game? Is there enough toys and new code features to keep the novice player happy?

I, like many others, love this game. Like any game, I feel you can have short games and then have your long games. I dont feel that this is any shorter than any other normal game.

When my friends come to play, and none of them know anything about pinball at all and are as novice as it gets, they all LOVE it!

#7154 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

The new code will make the game much more fun for your family.
Just add the center post mod, which also prevents lane guide hops (or use carrot flippers) - they will love it!

#7155 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I believe there is a distributor in Pittsburgh. Perhaps you could give it a try if they have one?

#7156 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I believe there is a distributor in Pittsburgh. Perhaps you could give it a try if they have one?

There are a couple of dealers within 2.5 hours of my home. Getting there during the week is not an option. One dealer was willing to meet me on the weekend to play the games. I didn't want to make the drive and waste their time if pinsiders told me it's disastrous for new players. I'm really only concerned about my wife. She's brand new to pinball.

Thanks for the feedback!

#7157 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

My wife is not exceptional player (hell, neither am I) but we really enjoy Ghostbusters, even at its current code level. For most of our guests it seems to be the go to machine as well. I have owned quite a few machines since GB came out and I still feel like it is one of the best total packages, even in Pro trim. Beautiful looking, sounds amazing, beautiful well populated play field. Sure it can be a bit tough but that's what free play is for.

#7158 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

There are a couple of dealers within 2.5 hours of my home. Getting there during the week is not an option. One dealer was willing to meet me on the weekend to play the games. I didn't want to make the drive and waste their time if pinsiders told me it's disastrous for new players. I'm really only concerned about my wife. She's brand new to pinball.
Thanks for the feedback!

I would say that if you like the Ghostbusters theme, you cant go wrong because they really did pack it full of great features from the movies. That is what my friends really get a kick out of, and then of course playing it.

#7159 1 year ago

Great feedback! That's what I wanted to hear. We have a lot of guests coming over to play as well. Thanks!

#7160 1 year ago

Stop posting in this forum, each time I see a lot of activity I think new code is here. I can not control myself anymore

#7161 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Stop posting in this forum, each time I see a lot of activity I think new code is here. I can not control myself anymore

Thats why there is a GB Code thread separate!

#7162 1 year ago

Damn, I have been looking for one locally for a while, I have a feeling the market is now really going to dry up, and the prices are going to go up with this update, at least for a little while.

#7163 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Great feedback! That's what I wanted to hear. We have a lot of guests coming over to play as well. Thanks!

I just got a premium a few weeks ago and I still can’t believe how much hate this game got in the past. I almost bought this in a pro edition but I ended up with a Metallica pro(sold Metallica already). If you like the GB movies this game will make you smile when you play. The shots are not that difficult and plenty of modes to play. I also like the video modes. The sounds and music are pretty good if not great. Try to play before you buy...that’s usually the safest way.

#7164 1 year ago

I bought this game and the carrot flippers 2 months ago and i love it.
Its my first pin and i play nearly every day about an hour.
My son loves it too. Sure its hard, but its easy enough to get you hooked.
The new code will make it even more fun for noobs!

#7165 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

My 4 and 6 year olds are by no means good pinball players, they love this game regardless. Specially with the new code having more ball saves, etc, etc, I think you would be fine. That being said, like with any game your considering.. find one and play it, let them try it and decide for themselves.

#7166 1 year ago

Still no game code...c'mon already!

#7167 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Still no game code...c'mon already!

Try checking later.

#7168 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Try checking later.

I know it's coming, just excited/impatient

#7169 1 year ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I know it's coming, just excited/impatient

I have literally checked 3 times since posting that last comment to you.

#7170 1 year ago

I appreciate everyone's feedback on the game!

#7171 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I appreciate everyone's feedback on the game!

Game is awesome dude, for us one of Sterns best. We have had one since release and still love it.

I am sure you and your family are going to love it! Even without the new code.

#7172 1 year ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I, like many others, love this game. Like any game, I feel you can have short games and then have your long games. I dont feel that this is any shorter than any other normal game.
When my friends come to play, and none of them know anything about pinball at all and are as novice as it gets, they all LOVE it!

The game appears great at first, like Wonka, but when you get to the meat and bones, you realize it's three shots only. Left orbit, right orbit, left ramp. I've owned it twice since my wife insisted it was her favorite game. The second she realized the layout sucks. No amount of code can save it, just like Wonka.

#7173 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

The game appears great at first, like Wonka, but when you get to the meat and bones, you realize it's three shots only. Left orbit, right orbit, left ramp. I've owned it twice since my wife insisted it was her favorite game. The second she realized the layout sucks. No amount of code can save it, just like Wonka.

It appears to have several more shots than 3. I suppose it depends on your definition of "shots." The captive balls are important, the left ladder/librarian scoop, the left orbit/spinner, left ramp, pops/Gozer, ghost standup to activate Slimer, captive ball for symmetrical books/brothers, right ladder/orbit, right ramp, right scoop for video modes. Not counting the other standups, it has like 10 shots. But that's just how I define shots! Seems like one of the busiest playfields I've seen in recent years.

#7174 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Please don't come into a game club thread and bash the game, not cool. Sounds like you don't own the game anymore, it's not in your collection. Why come in here and bash the game, especially when owners are about to receive a massive update?

Theres far more then 3 shots in GB premium. As far as main shots that pass through an area or drop into something theres 7 shots. Toss in targets, captive balls, etc and theres many more. Take another game, Batman 66, theres 6 shots that pass through or drop into an area.

Personally I think GB premium / LE is one of Sterns best layouts as it's the complete opposite of a fan layout. GB is the anti fan layout game, filled with unique ramps, scoops, two captive balls, a physical ball lock, drop targets, magnets, and more. Simply put its Sterns most loaded game to date in my opinion.

#7175 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I dont agree. Ive owned it for years now and never get sick of it. I like the change up from my other pins and the flow is good.

#7176 1 year ago

i find the game to be endless fun! I get into many discussions with others, often Tournament players, who dont like it for its shots and scoring.
For many its speed, orbits, flow, repeated accuracy for Combos.
Cool, I respect that, but not Every game should have this. Not everyone plays this way.
Its nice to have a wild and crazy game being made even better!

#7177 1 year ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

you realize it's three shots only. Left orbit, right orbit, left ramp

You're absolutely right....when you play WBTD over and over, there are only three shots in the game. It's not the game's fault if a player starts the same mode every time. The fact that you omitted the right ramp tells me a lot. It's a critical shot in GB. You can't complete a lot of the modes without it...especially the high scoring ones. That's not going to be so important when the new code comes out, as modes will auto-complete. But you still don't get the points.

Also, if you shoot the WBTD shots in the order you listed, it'll put you into WGO. And the easiest way to complete that is the same three shots you listed. But that's the real trick to GB. It's not about hitting lit mode shots; it's about hitting the correct lit mode shot. Again, this won't matter so much with the new code, but GB is about planning and control. Just shooting any lit mode shot will really slow your progression and keep a player on the level one modes for the entire game.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

one of Sterns best layouts as it's the complete opposite of a fan layout

I'm totally on board with the enthusiasm about GB's layout, but I disagree that it isn't a fan. The game is packed, no doubt. But the actual shots are a typical fan. On a two flipper game, it's hard not to be. To me, it's those extra flippers creating cross-field shots that are anti-fan.

But fans can still be creative. I think DP really makes good use of a two flipper fan layout. It pulls shots forward on the playfield to effectively use more space. Bringing in the left ramp, allows for the Collosus shot behind it. Pulling Li'l DP closer to the flippers makes them more dangerous. "FAN" isn't a curse in pinball. A lot of great games are fans.

#7179 1 year ago

GAME CODE! GAME CODE IS HERE!!

#7180 1 year ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

it is a fantastic game. And if you want to make it easier for family and guests, add the plastic (no pf modification required) that adds the center post, so the gap isn't as big. Mine is all stock and it doesn't seem to be as bad as people make it out to be.

#7181 1 year ago

so who's updated their code yet?!

#7182 1 year ago

Updating now. I had passed out for about 10 minutes from all the anticipation and excrement.

#7183 1 year ago

Whah hoo! Code!!!!

#7184 1 year ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Updating now. I had passed out for about 10 minutes from all the anticipation and excrement.

ah-yes-excrement (resized).jpg
#7185 1 year ago

Dammit.... On back to school night?!?!

#7186 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

[quoted image]

Haha - I didn't realize it corrected to that but yes, I shat myself in excitement...

#7187 1 year ago

'Just updated..WOW! More callouts, more new graphics, Scoleri Bros toned down a bit and better integrated. Blinding light show is gone (only played once though) game is much darker at times. Much easier progression to next levels. This is a much better game now, both for newbies and experts. Thanks Stern!!

#7188 1 year ago

Of course new update and I have to fix something. Can someone tell me how to get the rollover switch adjusted so it doesn’t hold the ball? If I bend it too much switch doesn’t trigger.

3B2C0BF4-9B05-4ECE-BACD-EE5E141C6DA7 (resized).jpeg
#7189 1 year ago

Just flatten the curved part a bit

#7190 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Of course new update and I have to fix something. Can someone tell me how to get the rollover switch adjusted so it doesn’t hold the ball? If I bend it too much switch doesn’t trigger.[quoted image]did you check the pf angle?

#7191 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Of course new update and I have to fix something. Can someone tell me how to get the rollover switch adjusted so it doesn’t hold the ball? If I bend it too much switch doesn’t trigger.[quoted image]

Did you check your Playfield angle?

#7192 1 year ago

Yes angle is fine. I must have messed it up waxing the play field

#7193 1 year ago

Just had some games with the new code. My first storage multiball went forever and brought me to 2,7 billion. Got about 4 times add a ball... 20x Bonus running. I think the ball save was too heavy, i got bored in multiball and i am just a beginner. at least you cant capture ghosts in SFMB.
My highscore was 1,7 billions on the old code.
The rest felt solid! I love how everything is more clear now.
What about your scores so far?

Cheers

#7194 1 year ago

Got it in and had time for two games! Cool sounds added

#7195 1 year ago

just did the update and now it says to put in coins to play , can't find in the menu where to change this . does someone know where to find this in the menu

Thanks

#7196 1 year ago
Quoted from JimB:

Of course new update and I have to fix something. Can someone tell me how to get the rollover switch adjusted so it doesn’t hold the ball? If I bend it too much switch doesn’t trigger.[quoted image]

Also, make sure the metal thingy is seated in the plastic. While cleaning you can dislocate it a little making it hard to close. With switch open pull the metal part down into the plastic and it'll snap back in pace.

#7197 1 year ago
Quoted from tasman:

just did the update and now it says to put in coins to play , can't find in the menu where to change this . does someone know where to find this in the menu
Thanks

Press black button in door twice - Adj, standard adjust, #39

#7198 1 year ago

Perfect , Thank you so much.

#7199 1 year ago

Wow. Just updated the code. I'm not a great player and I got 741M GC on the first game!
It plays longer now and I have seen parts of the game now that I never got to before.
Thanks Dwight and team!

#7200 1 year ago

this will be my first time updating a newer Stern/Spike game. Do you loose your audits when you update? (specifically, I am tracking the number of balls/games, etc)

Edit: do I want a full or quick update?

cant wait to try this tonight

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 199.99
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Commack, NY
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 8878 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside