IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 249.
#7101 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Now I need to get a colorDMD, this is one expensive upgrade from Stern.

I installed one about a week ago. It is beyond amazing. I can't explain how much more you get out of the game. Although it cut my scores in half since I got it because I'm looking up too much.

#7102 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Now I need to get a colorDMD, this is one expensive upgrade from Stern.

I've already got one in the mail! Haha

#7103 4 years ago

Unlike some games that I think don't really make a big diff with color (looking at you tron) - this one is HUGE. So much better in color. Similar to JP DE - another title that really looks so much better.

#7104 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Are we getting new instruction cards for free from stern?

If they are yellow I’ll pass!

#7105 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Unlike some games that I think don't really make a big diff with color (looking at you tron) - this one is HUGE. So much better in color. Similar to JP DE - another title that really looks so much better.

Yes Tron is a bit blue, the lightcycle animations are great. Just once you go ColorDMD, you have to do them all. So I have GB, Baywatch and T2 left to do, I am saving up for that, or have to sell a kidney GB will be the first to go color.

#7106 4 years ago

Who has time to look at the display?

#7107 4 years ago

Player Two.

#7108 4 years ago

Does anyone know the specs / price for the initial DMD screen included with Ghostbusters Premium?

I just replaced mine with a LED ColorDMD and now I'm looking to sell the original one, but can't find too many details about it.

Thanks for any help anyone can give! G

#7109 4 years ago

used DMD's usually go for $100

#7110 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It was mentioned when they were showing off the library changes. Jack was getting ready to plug his ears and Dwight mentioned to him that the screem was turned off but still in the game.

Wish they added a volume setting for this. I love the feature but its just wayyy too loud, so i have it turned off.

#7111 4 years ago

I would have also taken a timer. I sometimes play after my wife and kids go to bed. The librarian scream is a no go once they are sleeping.

#7112 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I would have also taken a timer. I sometimes play after my wife and kids go to bed. The librarian scream is a no go once they are sleeping.

Exactly my problem! I got the scare scream from my wife the last time the game scream came on at 12am lol.

#7113 4 years ago

I usually would keep the scream turned on for parties as it was always a good laugh when it would happen. Sometimes I would forget to disable it. A couple years ago, my nephew who was 3 at the time was checking out my GB when the scream went off. He is permanently scarred of ever going in my basement again!

I remember as well a while back my wife and I went to a quiet restaurant on an early Saturday afternoon to get some lunch. The only other patrons in the place were 2 little old ladies. The restaurant had a room of pinball machines, and the Ghostbusters did not have the scream turned off. Well you should have seen these old ladies faces when that scream fired off... they looked horrified like they had just witnessed a murder. They gave me a nasty look as I came out of the game room, like I was the reason some woman screamed at the top of her lungs. Good times with the Fright mode!

#7114 4 years ago

Some back alley coin door bling to celebrate

IMG_20190920_195943436 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_195943436 (resized).jpg
#7115 4 years ago

They should make are you a god a mini game where you can just start there like they did on the stream. Its would be fun to have 4 players and see if we can beat the game

#7116 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Some back alley coin door bling to celebrate [quoted image]

I WANNA SEE THAT METALLICA TOPPER!

#7117 4 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I WANNA SEE THAT METALLICA TOPPER!

. Can't capture it on my phone, but the blue tube is a plasma tube. This is an old Matt McKee topper.

IMG_20190920_214234026 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_214234026 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_214256791 (resized).jpgIMG_20190920_214256791 (resized).jpg
#7118 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

They should make are you a god a mini game where you can just start there like they did on the stream. Its would be fun to have 4 players and see if we can beat the game

I did ask Dwight this a few days ago and he said they are considering but not in the code release this week.

I suggested possibly holding in the right flipper button while pushing the start button to activate this mode. In could make a very good Head to Head comp mode and agree it looked like alot of fun.

#7119 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Who has time to look at the display?

Extra ball animation, beginning of modes, etc. There's plenty of time to enjoy the color display. It's a great one to update, much like Game of Thrones, which is a totally different display once you can tell what's happening.

#7120 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Extra ball animation, beginning of modes, etc. There's plenty of time to enjoy the color display. It's a great one to update, much like Game of Thrones, which is a totally different display once you can tell what's happening.

Just like spiderman original

#7121 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I can't wait to play it. For what it's worth, here's my $.02.
There were several things that made me cringe a little during the stream (mostly Jack's "gloves"!).

Yeah, those madonna circa 1983/4 gloves were off-putting.

#7122 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, those madonna circa 1983/4 gloves were off-putting.

Don't get me wrong, I've met jack a handful of times and he's a great person, but when I saw one hand pop into frame, I almost thought he was a burn victim with those mesh bandages and he wasn't able to play.

When I realized they were gloves, I just couldn't stop staring

#7123 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Man...that'd be AWESOME!

#7124 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Was just watching the stream and came in here to say the exact same thing. A lot of the debugging/programmer adjustments they were playing with to explore different facets of the game would be incredible to have access to and would be a ton of fun for alternate objective games/tournaments. I feel like this is probably true with a lot of modern games, but never really understood the potential until watching this stream.

#7125 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Are we getting new instruction cards for free from stern?

Yes, Gary is taking a few weeks off to hit the road and hand-deliver to each of us some awesome, updated cards with all the new rules! The customer service just never stops!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#7126 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Just like spiderman original

For sure Spider-Man, GOT and others were totally different and vastly improved once they each got color DMDs. I installed a color DMD in my SM as a condition of my sale when I let it go. I was so impressed with the improved videos, I had a hard time letting it go. I still miss that game. I have a CSI, and that game just got color DMD, which made a huge difference in what images you can see and understand. Shrek has fantastic color DMD animations too.

#7127 4 years ago

used DMD's usually go for $100

Canadian maybe... $60-$80 USD if you can find a buyer.

#7128 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Canadian maybe... $60-$80 USD if you can find a buyer.

lol.. uyes sorry... my thought was in canadian

#7129 4 years ago

lol.. uyes sorry... my thought was in canadian

How many euros though?

#7130 4 years ago

Just having some last games before the new code,
and re-noticed that if you hold the left flipper button before you start it says Competition Mode Ready Press Start Now.
Watching the amazing video I saw the new code will have fast restart by holding left flipper/start for three seconds?
Won't this conflict with choosing Competition Mode(whatever that is)?.

#7131 4 years ago

On the stream Dwight mentioned there's adjustments to change some settings back to the way they were pre update. I'm hoping there's an adjustment for not letting ladder modes be marked complete if they are not completed. I'm sure that's one of the adjustment in there. Would be nice to combine that setting with not letting modes auto start after one is completed. I want getting to "We Came We Saw" to represent a really good game, and then getting to "We're Ready to Believe You" and "Are you a God" to be that game of a lifetime.

#7132 4 years ago

Has anyone ever attempted to reverse engineer the topper communication? Would be great if we could build our own, since the original ones aren't available anymore.

#7133 4 years ago

We were playing the other night and saw an animation we hadn't seen before. It was slimer with green steaks flying by like a Starwars animation. Looked very cool and if I hadn't seen it now I woulda sworn it was part of the new code. Two years and we hadn't seen it and I have no idea how to make it happen.

#7134 4 years ago

Meeg got one

IMG_20190922_135405 (resized).jpgIMG_20190922_135405 (resized).jpg
#7135 4 years ago

Am i the only one who thinks that the GB topper looks like a toy?
The plastics surrounding the blue lights should be transparent to look real.
Did they try to diffuse the harsh lights to be less distractive? A real blue light would be cool!

yzfguy

timecode @ 1:40:50
its the last shot from "He slimed me mode".

#7136 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

On the stream Dwight mentioned there's adjustments to change some settings back to the way they were pre update. I'm hoping there's an adjustment for not letting ladder modes be marked complete if they are not completed. I'm sure that's one of the adjustment in there. Would be nice to combine that setting with not letting modes auto start after one is completed. I want getting to "We Came We Saw" to represent a really good game, and then getting to "We're Ready to Believe You" and "Are you a God" to be that game of a lifetime.

Of all the changes in the stream, the immediate mode completion worries me the most. I understand why they are doing it, but I'm not sure I'm going to like it better. I really hope they include this as a setting.

#7137 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Meeg got one [quoted image]

You're really going to enjoy it. Looking at your concrete floor, you've been doing a few slide saves. Don't you know that's cheating!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-is-a-slide-save-classed-as-in-pinball/page/4#post-5215174

#7138 4 years ago

Have not looked at this thread in ages. Don't have time to go through many many pages of stuff.

New code is actually coming out soon ? When ?

#7139 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Meeg got one

What number is your LE?

#7140 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

You're really going to enjoy it. Looking at your concrete floor, you've been doing a few slide saves. Don't you know that's cheating!!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poll-what-is-a-slide-save-classed-as-in-pinball/page/4#post-5215174

The floors are a mix of league nights and moving stuff around. Tweaking lineups, getting games closer or sliding on an angle to do minor repairs/mods that require me beside the machine.

I'm not that brutal when I play.

#7141 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

What number is your LE?

But apparently was first one sold in Canada

#7142 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Have not looked at this thread in ages. Don't have time to go through many many pages of stuff.
New code is actually coming out soon ? When ?

Yes

#7143 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Am i the only one who thinks that the GB topper looks like a toy?
The plastics surrounding the blue lights should be transparent to look real.
Did they try to diffuse the harsh lights to be less distractive? A real blue light would be cool!
yzfguy

timecode @ 1:40:50
its the last shot from "He slimed me mode".

I like the topper. It is a little plasticy looking and did seem overpriced but I still like it. I think they look better in person than in pictures but it all comes down to personal preference. GB was my number one dream theme so the topper was a no-brainer for me based on that. As far as the blue plastic over the lights, that's what they looked like on the movie car too.

ecto1 (resized).jpgecto1 (resized).jpg
#7144 4 years ago

look what i found

now i know why its no transparent glass on the topper
but i checked out the movie again, it looks toyish there too.
759_291655235 (resized).jpg759_291655235 (resized).jpg

#7145 4 years ago

Hi all! Having some trouble with my new-to-me GB Pro(First pin). Has anyone else had issues with the Left Ramp Diverter not working? When I do a coil test it doesn't do anything at all. I've read that there is a screw that needs to be tightened according to this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-the-ghostbusters-ramp-diverter

but I'm having trouble finding it.

When I do find it, and if it still doesn't fix the problem, would I change out the minicoil? Or something else? Any help would be awesome, given I've been a pinball owner for a whole 2 weeks lol! Thanks!

#7146 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

look what i found

now i know why its no transparent glass on the topper
but i checked out the movie again, it looks toyish there too.
[quoted image]

nice to see, can you take and post a few photos of the boards in the centre section please...

#7147 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Of all the changes in the stream, the immediate mode completion worries me the most. I understand why they are doing it, but I'm not sure I'm going to like it better. I really hope they include this as a setting.

I know what you mean. I've drained immediately after starting a mode sometimes. I would have preferred that they autocomplete after you hit at least one ramp. Then, when you drain, it gives you a cutscene that ends the mode so you can actually appreciate it, and then you can start the next scene with the new ball. I feel like things will get missed this way. But I'm happy to see how it all comes together, and I'm sure it will be an improvement overall.

#7148 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Yes there is a setting for this.

#7149 4 years ago
Quoted from StavrosMilos:

Hi all! Having some trouble with my new-to-me GB Pro(First pin). Has anyone else had issues with the Left Ramp Diverter not working? When I do a coil test it doesn't do anything at all. I've read that there is a screw that needs to be tightened according to this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/whats-up-with-the-ghostbusters-ramp-diverter
but I'm having trouble finding it.
When I do find it, and if it still doesn't fix the problem, would I change out the minicoil? Or something else? Any help would be awesome, given I've been a pinball owner for a whole 2 weeks lol! Thanks!

Caution when testing the gate too much, the coil gets very hot easily.
The coil works as a magnet, if its not pulling the gate you can try decrease the distance with the screw.
In the image you can see how i adjusted it. it stands out a littlebit into the ramp, but not too much.
Just so that it wont influence the path off the ball too much, but enough to make the magnet work.
To help that, i overstretched the spring a tiny bit (caution).

20190923_101834 (resized).jpg20190923_101834 (resized).jpg20190923_101901 (resized).jpg20190923_101901 (resized).jpg
#7150 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Just having some last games before the new code,
and re-noticed that if you hold the left flipper button before you start it says Competition Mode Ready Press Start Now.
Watching the amazing video I saw the new code will have fast restart by holding left flipper/start for three seconds?
Won't this conflict with choosing Competition Mode(whatever that is)?.

Competition mode is enabled prior to pressing start. The new “abort to attract” only works after a game is started. There shouldn’t be any conflict.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/143?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.