IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 250.
#7051 4 years ago

I like more chances at the multipliers! Missing a skill shot and/or not starting a mode kick things off would get depressing... some more cracks at multipliers will spice things up

#7052 4 years ago

Also the 'K' skill shot advances the multiplier, not auto light both 2 and 3. I think the red inserts flash more, but I don't remember when.

#7053 4 years ago

Outlane red inserts are now used as indicators of when ball will leave right scoop and when flippers change in mass hysteria

#7054 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yay beta testers! Thanks for the callout Dwight!
You guys pretty much got all the high points. I didn't see mentioned the addition of flipper and auto launcher coil power controls. Turning these down have really improved overall gameplay for me anyway. Another subtle change is that to start the right ladder the ball has to go all the way around the full orbit. Starting this ladder is no more a gimmie with a backhand.

Yes, auto launch setting!!

#7055 4 years ago

Watching now.... Didn't hear anything about bros being updated to make them more interesting or using slimer more... Such as slimer mb?

#7056 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Also the 'K' skill shot advances the multiplier, not auto light both 2 and 3. I think the red inserts flash more, but I don't remember when.

Hi Rob, thanks for sharing more details about the update. Is there anything else worth noting in the update that wasn't mentioned by Dwight in the stream? Sounds like there's a bunch of tweaks, small additions, and bug fixes in the update as well.

#7057 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Watching now.... Didn't hear anything about bros being updated to make them more interesting or using slimer more... Such as slimer mb?

No Slimer multiball I think that is a missed opportunity. Slimer is the main toy in the game and the game already lacks an each to achieve multiball. A 2 ball Slimer multiball would be a great addition.

#7058 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No Slimer multiball I think that is a missed opportunity. Slimer is the main toy in the game and the game already lacks an each to achieve multiball. A 2 ball Slimer multiball would be a great addition.

I very much agree with this statement and how the new code will have Slimer now really makes him pointless to be in the game. Why have him move across the PF on the Premium/LE when he doesn’t really mean anything now? Major toy with no function really. Other than that, I do think the upgrade was good.

#7059 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I very much agree with this statement and how the new code will have Slimer now really makes him pointless to be in the game. Why have him move across the PF on the Premium/LE when he doesn’t really mean anything now? Major toy with no function really. Other than that, I do think the upgrade was good.

Oh yeah, so much cool stuff has been changed and added. Just heard towards the end of the stream that new topper and shaker code has been added as well! Dwight also said "theres so many things we haven't talked about".

Incredible update!

#7060 4 years ago

So when will they rerelease the topper?

#7061 4 years ago

The update is certainly an improvement, but I don't think it's going to vastly change peoples opinions on the game.

#7062 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The update is certainly an improvement, but I don't think it's going to vastly change peoples opinions on the game.

Short term bump for sure, long term little change in people’s opinion. Still good for GB owners.

So did I hear right, Dwight came up with the design changes/additions- but Tanio had to do a major coding re-write of Dwight’s original code to make these updates.

Makes me start to align with all these guys that said stay away from Dwight machines.
Unfortunately I have a beautiful Munsters probably waiting on a 3 year rewrite! (Sold my GBLE couple months ago).

#7063 4 years ago

Is the librarian insert now used? I could not figure that out. The sound on flipper change with Mass Hysteria is very needed. Also are you a god mode looks great, see if we can get there. I like the comment form Swinks, are you a god mini mode start at play would be great fun. Also you finaly see what nr of balls you have left. All together a very needed update.

#7064 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

So did I hear right, Dwight came up with the design changes/additions- but Tanio had to do a major coding re-write of Dwight’s original code to make these updates.
Makes me start to align with all these guys that said stay away from Dwight machines.

Dwight is busy coding the next game, but is also a designer. Tanio took the reigns as engineer here and appears to have done a badass job. It doesn't say anything bad about Dwight though. Tanio obviously added a fair amount of new code, but the scene/ghost framework and all of the modes are still the same (not counting the Marshmallow Man hurry up and possibly other small things we didn't see.) Not trying to be snarky, but this is kind of how software development works. i.e. passing off code to other engineers as you transition onto other projects but being available as the subject matter expert.

The more important thing here is that the Librarian insert is going to have its day in the sun

#7065 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Is the librarian insert now used?

Yes, once you finish one of the library modes it lights a librarian mode that cycles along with scoleri brothers and terror dog hurry up.

#7066 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yes, once you finish one of the library modes it lights a librarian mode that cycles along with scoleri brothers and terror dog hurry up.

Honestly I'm just happy the code was revisited and we now have a proper wizard mode. I would have just loved a little more slimer

#7067 4 years ago

I didn't mind the original do you believe wizard except for the glaring bug re scoop coils disabled. Played it tonight and had ball search going but not being able to release the locked balls in the scoops. I think better than just hitting captive balls to 100 but who knows

#7068 4 years ago

Did they do anything with the lights on the left and right drains?

#7069 4 years ago

Where do we get the update? It's not on Stern's site? I watch the twitch but only got to glance at it while I was working on stuff.

#7070 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

Did they do anything with the lights on the left and right drains?

The yellow Proton Pack lights are very important now for Playfield Multipliers...
- Shoot the Left Ramp for a Gear Award to light the Yellow Targets
--- NOTE: the Gear Award is not available in special wizard modes like Loopin Supers, and PKE Frenzy
- Yellow targets will flash for X seconds (~10 seconds) - hit them to light a playfield X (2X or 3X on either side of the left ramp)

#7071 4 years ago

Did they mentioned anything about adding more topper interaction?

#7072 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Did they mentioned anything about adding more topper interaction?

yes -> and yes

#7073 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Where do we get the update? It's not on Stern's site? I watch the twitch but only got to glance at it while I was working on stuff.

The code update will be on Sterns site as usual -> that's where they always put it.
Dwight said on the stream it won't be until next week, as they are finishing up a few changes.

#7074 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

yes -> and yes

I thought Dwight originally said they hadn't done anything in the topper, but I searched the video closed captions and couldn't fine anything other then what he said at the end of the stream which was, "we did add lots of topper animations, the topper got lots of updates as well".

#7075 4 years ago

wait... has the scream been removed? That scared the ever loving crap out of me the first time but I loved.

#7076 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

wait... has the scream been removed? That scared the ever loving crap out of me the first time but I loved.

It was removed just for the stream but is still in the game.

#7077 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

No

#7078 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It was removed just for the stream but is still in the game.

Thank you for the information, i watched the stream but must have missed that point...

#7079 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcadevudoo:

Thank you for the information, i watched the stream but must have missed that point...

It was mentioned when they were showing off the library changes. Jack was getting ready to plug his ears and Dwight mentioned to him that the screem was turned off but still in the game.

#7080 4 years ago

Sounds like theres a lot of extra little tweaks and additions that we didn't see on the stream. Dwight did say at one point "theres so many things we haven't talked about". Work for the update apparently began in May so it's been being worked on for a while.

#7081 4 years ago

A lot of little tweaks, no more scoleris pop up during storage f multiball, ability to cancel animatons of extra ball, special, lock, ..backbox gi animation, the pink river of slime shots, slingshot and ball launche power settings, higher terror dog values ..

Multipliers became a lot easier now, maybe too easy so you amost try to run the game in constant multiply mode.
Anyway it balances more how the rareness of the multiplier was before.

And with the double skillshot rule, you can maybe do some 20%, 30% or 60% bottom skillshots

Is the game perfect now, maybe yes, maybe not, it certainly got a lot better and all the annoying stuff is solved
ARE YOU A GOD is certainly one of the best quotes in there now!

#7082 4 years ago

They definitely took this code and re-designed it from the ground up. The framework is still there, but they changed almost every aspect of gameplay. Most of it sounds really awesome, but some of it has me worried....or at least curious. I can't wait to play it. For what it's worth, here's my $.02.

There were several things that made me cringe a little during the stream (mostly Jack's "gloves"!). I'll have to see how I feel about some of the changes after playing. But there was a hell of a lot that had me very happy.

***** On the fence about...

The Scoleris. They never really bothered me. I always saw them as a risk/reward. Be creative about getting them down (don't just hit directly) and collect a triple super. I'm not going to be upset that I don't see them as often, but when they do come now the risk/reward isn't the same proportion. Still dangerous shots, but for a 1x super that you can collect three times.

Constant multipliers. This really jumped out at me, especially when Mike was playing at the end. Left ramp to proton pack can keep you in Xplay indefinitely. But it is still GB, so indefinitely might not be that long!

Ghost Target. Enabling this to spot mode shots seems like a cop out (or a way to add an "action button" after the fact). Having to hit that "hard" shot in a mode was the challenge! Being able to bypass the "hard" shots...probably good, but I need convincing.

Mode Completion. It's obvious that they are addressing the "I can never play StayPuft" complaint with this change. Completing modes just by starting them is going to make getting deep into the game much easier.

***** No doubt in my mind it's a good move...

Pulling Video Mode from the skill shot.
Adding Librarian mini-mode to the captive ball.
Isolating Loopin, Mass, PKE.
Adding audio and LED indicators for Mass flipper change.
Removing the immediate ladder start for the next mode. This frees up time to start the mini-modes and Tobins/Negative, and makes you "start" modes.
Making the spinner increase the super jackpot. This is going to make supers HUGE!
Adding several new call outs. I heard a lot of things that I never had before. Personally, hearing WBTD never bothered me, but it did a lot of people!

Are You a God?!?! Obviously this is focus. Coupling it with WRTBY is an interesting twist. I really didn't care much about this missing wizard mode, because I'd only gotten to WRTBY twice in a year and a half. It just seemed like something people "wanted" but wasn't really "needed". I think with these changes making the game progression easier, people will see it a lot more (ok...maybe not a lot!).

Overall...

From what they presented, it looks like an incredible update. If I had to describe it in basic terms, I'd say they tried to compensate for the mechanical difficulty of the game, by making the ruleset easier. We'll know for sure next week how that worked.

#7083 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Ghost Target. Enabling this to spot mode shots seems like a cop out (or a way to add an "action button" after the fact). Having to hit that "hard" shot in a mode was the challenge! Being able to bypass the "hard" shots...probably good, but I need convincing.

What I like about this change is that you can't hit the middle target to collect the 1st or last shot of a mode, plus it is a pretty dangerous shot (unlike a true action button)

Quoted from sethi_i:

Constant multipliers. This really jumped out at me, especially when Mike was playing at the end. Left ramp to proton pack can keep you in Xplay indefinitely. But it is still GB, so indefinitely might not be that long!

I agree with you, I am also worried about constant multipliers, I was hoping for some difficulty options to dial this feature in to what works best for people. Start difficulty: hit captive ball/captive or stand ups to start, have to complete stand ups first and then do the combo shot, etc., set max PF multiplier: 2X/3X/6X/2Xor3X depending on which stand up was hit last. Or a timer setting: how long the stand ups stay lit after being hit.

Basically, I like options so that I can make a game work how I want it to play and give it the best chance of seeing it included in pinball tourneys.

#7084 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Basically, I like options so that I can make a game work how I want it to play and give it the best chance of seeing it included in pinball tourneys.

I wish that GB were included in high level events, but I understand why it isn't. I don't know if this will change that or not even if highly customizable. I still the game is going to stay in that love/hate realm with no gray area, which is unfortunate.

#7085 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Personally, hearing WBTD never bothered me, but it did a lot of people!

It never bothered me, I actually liked it as Rick Moranis makes it amusing and humorous everytime i heard it.

#7086 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Overall...
From what they presented, it looks like an incredible update. If I had to describe it in basic terms, I'd say they tried to compensate for the mechanical difficulty of the game, by making the ruleset easier. We'll know for sure next week how that worked.

2 Ball Saves per ball!

#7087 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

2 Ball Saves per ball!

Or more... depending on settings.

#7088 4 years ago

I do wish the new ball save was somehow player initiated, not just a setting at the beginning of each ball. Maybe use Slimer to start ball save.

#7089 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

2 Ball Saves per ball!

Exactly...and adding a ball save to the left scoop. That's a lot of saving on factory settings.

The main goal of this update is clearly to make the game easier to reach the new shiny wizard mode everyone was screaming for. Along with that are a lot of other nice additions as well. There's no judgement in that first statement. It's just my observation.

#7090 4 years ago

Bring on the custom software sound mods and color dmd firmware update

#7091 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Bring on the custom software sound mods and color dmd firmware update

I’ll update the custom sound package again when the new code drops.

#7092 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’ll update the custom sound package again when the new code drops.

About to become an owner of an le. Tell me.more about this sound package

#7093 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

About to become an owner of an le. Tell me.more about this sound package

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-custom-code-v113

#7094 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

5) every time you hit ghost target during mass hysteria multiball, the flippers switch between regular and backwards with clear sound effects

I'm thinking if the flippers switch every hit they will be switching too often. Hope this is adjustable, to maybe set at every two or three hits.
Also I think it plays better to hit the captive ball like it is now, rather than the ghost target.

#7095 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

I'm thinking if the flippers switch every hit they will be switching too often. Hope this is adjustable, to maybe set at every two or three hits.
Also I think it plays better to hit the captive ball like it is now, rather than the ghost target.

I was thinking that too.

#7097 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

Pretty sure you still need to hit captive ball to switch flippers in MH. In the video, at first it looked like Dwight was hitting the Ghost target, but he was actually flicking the captive ball standup target behind the balls.

So stoked for this update! This will be the longest week of my pinball life.

#7098 4 years ago

In Mass Hysteria, the right captive ball switches between regular and reversed flippers and builds the jackpots up to 25Mil I think.

I think Im going to adjust the captive ball standup target to be less sensitive so that you have to be a bit more deliberate to hit that shot. Which will have added benefit of making the captive ball modes a bit less likely to just happen inadvertently. It would be nice to have an adjustment for number of hits needed to start those modes and maybe raise the number of shots needed once you've gone through all 4 of them.

#7099 4 years ago

Are we getting new instruction cards for free from stern?

#7100 4 years ago

Now I need to get a colorDMD, this is one expensive upgrade from Stern.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 103.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/142?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.