B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 250.
#7001 4 years ago

I am ready to believe the update is coming. Polished/cleaned my GB yesterday.....I am ready!

believ (resized).jpgbeliev (resized).jpg
#7002 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I cant wait for the stream tomorrow night. I'm going to get a pizza and kick back and enjoy the show. It'll be kinda like watching the Super Bowl, only better because the NFL sucks these days.

Where can we watch the stream? Sorry, new to this.

#7003 4 years ago
Quoted from Lancelin2k14:

Where can we watch the stream? Sorry, new to this.

I think this is the right link:
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#7004 4 years ago

I sent a support request to Stern regarding the LED for the left Soleri insert being dead (some time after the PF swap) and haven't heard back.

Should this be called in or is there a better way to get a response?

#7005 4 years ago

What time?

#7006 4 years ago

This code is gonna be huge! Can’t wait.

#7007 4 years ago

I really hope they added an auto launch coil adjustment. My ball hardly ever makes it around the orbit from launch and its due to it being shot too hard.

#7008 4 years ago

Ready to believe

#7009 4 years ago

Notice it says “game code overhaul”

5543B26E-4E61-46C1-9B7D-B7A26964620B (resized).jpeg5543B26E-4E61-46C1-9B7D-B7A26964620B (resized).jpeg
#7010 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Notice it says “game code overhaul”[quoted image]

What does that supposed to mean?

#7011 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

maybe it's a re-write?

#7012 4 years ago

I’m hoping they put some good thought into the premium code features too.

#7013 4 years ago

Lots of changes I would assume

#7014 4 years ago

Can’t wait

#7015 4 years ago

Quick question since im not at home to look. Can anyone tell me what size washers are used for sling areas? I took my airball protector off last night and lost a couple washers. Wanted to get them on my lunch break and forget what size they are. I know they are the same size as the sling nuts..

#7016 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Probably that the mode structure itself has changed somewhat. Dwight discussed things that stack and don't stack in the interview he did not long ago and cleaning up the flow and clunkiness of some things interrupting others. The only small item I am hoping for is the Scoleris not staying up the entire time during Storage Facility Mulitball.

Can't wait!!

Let's goooooooooo!!!!!!

#7017 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It alludes to a total rework of the code not just features or bug fixes. Either way I'm excited this pin is getting some love and attention again.

#7018 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Probably that the mode structure itself has changed somewhat. Dwight discussed things that stack and don't stack in the interview he did not long ago and cleaning up the flow and clunkiness of some things interrupting others. The only small item I am hoping for is the Scoleris not staying up the entire time during Storage Facility Mulitball.
Can't wait!!
Let's goooooooooo!!!!!!

Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

It alludes to a total rework of the code not just features or bug fixes. Either way I'm excited this pin is getting some love and attention again.

Gotcha. Lets hope all the hype is real! im holding back my excitement until I hear what the code is all about. I dont want to pull a Willy Wonka on this haha.

#7019 4 years ago

I will backup 1.13 just in case we need to go back. But very excited for the rest. 3 years off waiting made me a bit grumpy

#7021 4 years ago

what if DeadFlip tonight is all about Elvira - and not a word about GB? I can almost hear dozens of aneurysms bursting...

#7022 4 years ago

Are they not dropping the code after the deadflip stream? Thought I read that earlier?

#7023 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Are they not dropping the code after the deadflip stream? Thought I read that earlier?

I am expecting them to go over the game play changes in the stream and the actual code to drop be a few days later as they finish up fixing last minute bugs.

#7024 4 years ago

anyone know how long until the stream in hours / minutes

it's already 7:20am Thursday

#7025 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

anyone know how long until the stream in hours / minutes
it's already 7:20am Thursday

8:00 am Thursday for you, my upside-down friend!

#7026 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

8:00 am Thursday for you, my upside-down friend!

upside but ahead

thanks

#7027 4 years ago

just found the twitch page and counter states 1hr 22minutes from now

#7028 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just found the twitch page and counter states 1hr 22minutes from now

I believe his normal stream time is 6:00 PM Chicago time, but this one was listed as 5:00 PM.

#7029 4 years ago

dumb question but can you watch this on delay as I'm not sure I can make it at 8pm tonight. When do replays get posted?

#7030 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

dumb question but can you watch this on delay as I'm not sure I can make it at 8pm tonight. When do replays get posted?

He usually uploads it to YouTube right away. It will be available on twitch very soon after it airs live.

#7031 4 years ago
Quoted from Forum-ninja:

He usually uploads it to YouTube right away. It will be available on twitch very soon after it airs live.

cool thanks!

#7033 4 years ago

they just started now...

#7034 4 years ago

Update sounds incredible so far, wow! Are you a God confirmed!

#7035 4 years ago

NEW video art too

#7036 4 years ago

WOW!!! Are you a God? is AWESOME!

#7037 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

WOW!!! Are you a God? is AWESOME!

Yeah, here's what I mentioned in other thread. Minor spoilers regarding how to get there but I turned down game audio once they got there and didn't look at the animations.

Sounds like "Are you a God" is a level you are trying to reach in the "We're Ready to Believe You" wizard mode versus its own mode standalone mode. However, still seems like its a unique mode as it's a final progressive based level you play after getting to a high enough level within "We're Ready to Believe You". Very cool!

#7038 4 years ago

This update is baller!

#7039 4 years ago

So when does the code get released?

Jeff

#7040 4 years ago

sometime next week Dwight said

#7041 4 years ago

Having it rotate call outs so "who brought the dog?' isn't said every time might be the best change!

#7042 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

sometime next week Dwight said

Yeah just heard that. Should have waited to post... LOL

Thanks,
Jeff

#7043 4 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

Having it rotate call outs so "who brought the dog?' isn't said every time might be the best change!

I like that too. Did you hear Dwight say they added new call out for ones they had stored? That sounds exciting

#7044 4 years ago

Some of my recollections. Please correct whatever I missed.

1) now you can score both an upper and a lower skill shot as long as you hit the upper skill shot first.
2) ball save on left scoop
3) Slimer less important to start modes so that shot downplayed at beginning - for example, it you start a mode somehow else, he goes away
4) distinct start to Loopin Supers and to mass hysteria multiball - much better as you essentially qualify them at 60 or 100 ghosts, but they won’t start until whatever other mode is over so they become distinct events - this is way better. Same concept for PKE
5) every time you hit ghost target during mass hysteria multiball, the flippers switch between regular and backwards with clear sound effects
6) each of the modes is easier as you can hit ghost target to get credit for a shot as long as you’ve hit one shot before and as long as its not the last shot - therefore, you’ll climb the ladders much quicker so you’ll see more modes; also, you get credit for a mode even if it times out or you drain, so also much easier
7) new librarian mini mode that uses the librarian insert (that was never used before); qualify this with captive ball (as long as you’ve got at least one lit in librarian ladder) and in rotation with Scoleri brothers,etc, so will see them less
took Scoleri brothers out of pops so see them less
9) if get all of the mode ladders, you get to a We’re Ready to Believe You wizard mode that is different (and now seems someday achievable given above) - it is very cool and if you win it, you get to a final wizard mode (Are You a God)
10) much more clear use of left captive ball set to light super jackpot and playfield multipliers

All in all, looks great and made the game easier, which means we’ll see more if it and have more fun. I think it will also have less ridiculous score variation.

#7045 4 years ago

The GB logo is still backwards on the Ecto 1.

The rest looks great! Are You a God is awesome.

#7046 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

Some of my recollections. Please correct whatever I missed.
1) now you can score both an upper and a lower skill shot as long as you hit the upper skill shot first.
2) ball save on left scoop
3) Slimer less important to start modes so that shot downplayed at beginning - for example, it you start a mode somehow else, he goes away
4) distinct start to Loopin Supers and to mass hysteria multiball - much better as you essentially qualify them at 60 or 100 ghosts, but they won’t start until whatever other mode is over so they become distinct events - this is way better. Same concept for PKE
5) every time you hit ghost target during mass hysteria multiball, the flippers switch between regular and backwards with clear sound effects
6) each of the modes is easier as you can hit ghost target to get credit for a shot as long as you’ve hit one shot before and as long as its not the last shot - therefore, you’ll climb the ladders much quicker so you’ll see more modes; also, you get credit for a mode even if it times out or you drain, so also much easier
7) new librarian mini mode that uses the librarian insert (that was never used before); qualify this with captive ball (as long as you’ve got at least one lit in librarian ladder) and in rotation with Scoleri brothers,etc, so will see them less
took Scoleri brothers out of pops so see them less
9) if get all of the mode ladders, you get to a We’re Ready to Believe You wizard mode that is different (and now seems someday achievable given above) - it is very cool and if you win it, you get to a final wizard mode (Are You a God)
10) much more clear use of left captive ball set to light super jackpot and playfield multipliers
All in all, looks great and made the game easier, which means we’ll see more if it and have more fun. I think it will also have less ridiculous score variation.

I love this update. There were a few other small things that stood out to me.

River of Slime is now no longer a throw-away thing, it has some cool integration.

Super Jackpot starts at 5 mil, is capped at 30 mil and is built with the spinner.

Gozer's first stage is finished with the right orbit, not the right ramp. Stay Puft will be much more reachable.

Stay Puft shots start at 3X when you "choose" the path, and count down slowly until one is collected. The value is much lower. However, the 3rd stage lets you collect all of the point you earned in the first few stages, so a pretty good payday.

Multipliers are more easily lit on the captive ball, so hitting "K" skill shot is not so overpowered now.

Video mode is worth more, but not available as a skill shot.

I don't think players will go for anything but the "K" skill shot up top, but you still have to hit it.

There are not many multiballs accessible near the start of the game. But, there are a ton later on. This is still most definitely a medium to upper skill level players' game, but progression is now quite a bit easier.

The official tally to my snarky little challenge is that my GB has earned 88.16% of its purchase price before the code update. With this new update I have a feeling it will get a nice little boost as people re-visit the game. I've always liked the game, but I think it is now a very good game.

#7047 4 years ago

that "Are you a God" wizard mode needs to be a fun mini game at start up - left flipper for regular game and right flipper for "Are you a God" mini game like a P3 game option

#7048 4 years ago

Yay beta testers! Thanks for the callout Dwight!

You guys pretty much got all the high points. I didn't see mentioned the addition of flipper and auto launcher coil power controls. Turning these down have really improved overall gameplay for me anyway. Another subtle change is that to start the right ladder the ball has to go all the way around the full orbit. Starting this ladder is no more a gimmie with a backhand.

#7049 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yay beta testers! Thanks for the callout Dwight!
You guys pretty much got all the high points. The game is a lot more fun. I didn't see mentioned the addition of flipper and auto launcher coil power controls. Turning these down have really improved overall gameplay for me anyway. Another subtle change is that to start the right ladder the ball has to go all the way around the full orbit. Starting this ladder is no more a gimmie with a backhand.

so guessing that you were a beta tester....

it looked like alot of fun

do the outlane red inserts have any function?
what does the proton pack and ghostbuster gear do apart from points?
is there still any video modes?

#7050 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

so guessing that you were a beta tester....
it looked like alot of fun
do the outlane red inserts have any function?
what does the proton pack and ghostbuster gear do apart from points?
is there still any video modes?

The Proton Pack is the primary method to light Playfield Multipliers...
--- Any time you hit the Left Ramp for a Gear Award (most of the time, but not in wizard modes) it light the Proton Targets (yellow)
--- Hit the Proton Bank when they are all flashing yellow to light a Playfield X (2X if not lit, if 2X is already lit the 3X is lit)

The video modes are both still there, but changes are....
- you can't start a VM from any skill shot
- scoring progression changed on the card guessing - max of 120M
- scoring capped at 80M for Dont Cross the Streams

Outlane inserts flash a lot, but I don't think there is a special function

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 49.95
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 103.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/141?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.