IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 250.
#6951 4 years ago

Very exciting!!!

#6952 4 years ago

If Ernie's there.........new callouts, right? Pleaaaaase be new callouts for new modes!

#6953 4 years ago

What's crazy is that there after so many voice clips buried in the code as is..... It seems though Stern actually bright Ernie back for more?

Wow this could be amazing.

#6954 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

What's crazy is that there after so many voice clips buried in the code as is..... It seems though Stern actually bright Ernie back for more?
Wow this could be amazing.

Yeah there’s a ton of quotes from all characters that aren’t used as much

#6955 4 years ago

Ernie Hudson recently joined a site called Cameo where he sells video messages to the masses: https://www.cameo.com/kirbyzook

The video for Stern looks like it's from his house like all the rest on his Cameo page so that message could just be Stern dropping $135 for a Cameo video.

Either way, excited to get an update on the state of the new code!

#6956 4 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Ernie Hudson recently joined a site called Cameo where he sells video messages to the masses: https://www.cameo.com/kirbyzook
The video for Stern looks like it's from his house like all the rest on his Cameo page so that message could just be Stern dropping $135 for a Cameo video.
Either way, excited to get an update on the state of the new code!

There's a good point. Makes more sense. I would say if all the areas that need improvement call outs is definitely not one

#6957 4 years ago

Let's goooooooo

#6958 4 years ago

Putting this here now so I can reference it later... a nice little document Stern put together with pictures to help the less-computer-literate setup their USB sticks once the new code drops:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/How-to-Create-a-SD-Card-for-a-SPIKE-System-Pinball-Machine.pdf

I imagine a lot of people will be coming back to this thread soon

#6959 4 years ago

I played my GBprem for a hr or so and went to eat and when I came back I turned the game on but it’s just showing a stern sign on the dmd and nothing will turn on. I’m new to the club and any help would be greatly appreciated.

#6960 4 years ago

This is the only thing it does as of now

AD762384-4ED9-4BF4-8154-D813966AA431 (resized).jpegAD762384-4ED9-4BF4-8154-D813966AA431 (resized).jpeg
#6961 4 years ago

Did you try putting the firmware on a usb and see if it will start the code update on power up?

#6962 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Did you try putting the firmware on a usb and see if it will start the code update on power up?

I was considering suggesting a re-upload of software, but I haven't had this issue and I'm not sure if it would recognize the USB in that frozen state.

#6963 4 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

When I get home I will try that.

#6964 4 years ago

Word on Street is new code is this week

#6965 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Word on Street is new code is this week

Is this likely to break the colordmd firmware? I literally installed one two days ago. I'm assuming we'll need an update of that too?

#6966 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Is this likely to break the colordmd firmware? I literally installed one two days ago. I'm assuming we'll need an update of that too?

Shouldn't break it entirely but expect any new elements added to the game to appear monochromatic. Color DMD will need to do a code update to get it 100%. They have been talking about updating it to fix known bugs so I'm sure at this point they are holding out till new code drops and then hopefully fix it all in one pass.

#6967 4 years ago

Might make the plunge into the club. Thinking if an le.

Anything to look for and know upon purchase? Plays real nice and didn't seem as evil as others I've played.

Not gonna lie, I hated this game on release, but have grown to like the prem/le

#6968 4 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Might make the plunge into the club. Thinking if an le.
Anything to look for and know upon purchase? Plays real nice and didn't seem as evil as others I've played.
Not gonna lie, I hated this game on release, but have grown to like the prem/le

Definitely look at the cabinet joints for splitting. Many of the early games were having issues. Ghosting inserts is another item to check out.

Other than that, go for it!

#6969 4 years ago

Got GB up and running and I think this was all due to a dead battery

1B9C310E-F93D-4C3C-A998-04ADBBD7A17B (resized).jpeg1B9C310E-F93D-4C3C-A998-04ADBBD7A17B (resized).jpeg
#6970 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Shouldn't break it entirely but expect any new elements added to the game to appear monochromatic. Color DMD will need to do a code update to get it 100%. They have been talking about updating it to fix known bugs so I'm sure at this point they are holding out till new code drops and then hopefully fix it all in one pass.

Yep this is right. There are animations that are new and will not be colored until the colorDMD team has a chance to provide an update, no biggie.

#6971 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yep this is right. There are animations that are new and will not be colored until the colorDMD team has a chance to provide an update, no biggie.

So will they show red or white? Or?

#6972 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

This is the only thing it does as of now[quoted image]

Did you make sure that you selected "Spike" for the DMD option? I messed around with a few when I got mine as the screen wasnt aligned right at first. I believe when I selected the incorrect option, it wouldnt show much on the DMD as it must have been incompatible.

#6973 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

So will they show red or white? Or?

Grayscale mostly.

#6974 4 years ago

c'mon Wednesday hurry up and get here. Could this week move any slower?

#6975 4 years ago

My wife is being induced on Wednesday morning! Is it bad for me to think how the dead flip twitch feed is going to fit in to the day?

#6976 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

My wife is being induced on Wednesday morning! Is it bad for me to think how the dead flip twitch feed is going to fit in to the day?

Congrats!!

#6977 4 years ago

Thanks. Wednesday is gonna be a good day!

#6978 4 years ago

Deposit placed.

Plunge in process

#6979 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

congrats and all the best on the day, if you have a daughter probably don't call her Elvira

#6980 4 years ago

It’s ok to love more than one thing. But, hide it for one day just had a girl 10 days ago - soak it in. Congrats!

#6981 4 years ago

I still like GB, as I like many games I have sold. I just don't have money to keep them all so sacrifices are made I had a lot of fun with my GB pro when I had it and I really hope the code update really completes this game.

Rob

#6982 4 years ago

Sorry, can anyone explain the hype please? I`m not into the scene and this is my first real pinball game.
I really like the game so far and now it will get even better?
I dont understand how this update can generate so much hype and even influence the market.
Is this the case with every game or just with games with a "shitty" code?
Can it have such a big impact on the funfactor?
Is there a live feed i can follow?

Alot of questions

#6983 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Sorry, can anyone explain the hype please?

There is lots of reading for you to do about all the little things and big things that need fixing. Those of us that have had this game since it came out, have been waiting for this big fixes to get attention. I personally like the way the game plays. Im curious to see if they finally add the Wizard mode. Stuff like that.

#6984 4 years ago

There’s been a few brief discussions about working out how the topper works. Has anyone disassembled and worked out what sort of node board is in there? Would be great to get a model number, as well as specific dip switch settings.

#6985 4 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

There’s been a few brief discussions about working out how the topper works. Has anyone disassembled and worked out what sort of node board is in there? Would be great to get a model number, as well as specific dip switch settings.

The topper doesnt work with the game?

#6986 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The topper doesnt work with the game?

It does, and it seems it works as a node, receiving certain commands from the game during certain modes / events.

Since they don’t seem to be in production, and are very expensive, it would be cool to see if one could be replicated by understanding which node board is used, which node number, even reverse engineering specific commands?

#6987 4 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

It does, and it seems it works as a node, receiving certain commands from the game during certain modes / events.
Since they don’t seem to be in production, and are very expensive, it would be cool to see if one could be replicated by understanding which node board is used, which node number, even reverse engineering specific commands?

I hear ya. I wish they didnt stop production on toppers so quickly. I am kind of interested in one as well. The $500 price point is hard to pull the trigger on..

#6988 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Sorry, can anyone explain the hype please? I`m not into the scene and this is my first real pinball game.
I really like the game so far and now it will get even better?
I dont understand how this update can generate so much hype and even influence the market.
Is this the case with every game or just with games with a "shitty" code?
Can it have such a big impact on the funfactor?
Is there a live feed i can follow?
Alot of questions

You should watch the new code reveal tomorrow night (Wednesday)

#6989 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You should watch the new code reveal tomorrow night (Wednesday)

haha, im curious how many people will be disappointed by the new code. Seems the hopes and dreams are alive for this one! Some people seem to act like they will be getting a whole new game. Hey, I hope I am wrong but keeping expectations on the lower side.

#6990 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

haha, im curious how many people will be disappointed by the new code. Seems the hopes and dreams are alive for this one! Some people seem to act like they will be getting a whole new game. Hey, I hope I am wrong but keeping expectations on the lower side.

My opinion is that even if you only casually enjoy the game play as it sits today, you will be very pleased with the update. For those that have really enjoyed the game over the past 3 years, they will only love it more. I doubt there will be much disappointed from these two groups. Anybody who hates the game play today, I suspect will continue to hate it and we will see the avalanche of complaints from them no matter what.

It never hurts to check your expectations and go in with a blank slate.

#6991 4 years ago

For me, I love the game as it is. But I'm excited that GB is getting a code update, however big or small. I think I let Pinside opinions get to me too much, and I feel I need to defend the game (maybe because I own one). I see all the hate for this game and the complaining about flipper gap, air balls, ghosting, splitting cabinets, topper etc.. However I also respect everyones opinions and we are entitled to have one. To me it seems that when this game came out there was a lot of love for it. I feel like since John Trudeau got into his trouble, Ghostbusters became the escape goat for all of our discussed feeling and hateful feelings of what he did. So with all the issues of the game, it makes it that much easier to hate on the game. There will always be something wrong with EVERY pinball machine that comes out. Someone, somewhere, is not going to like something about any game out there. Some just more than others. Im the last person to try and tell someone they are wrong in their opinions of what they dislike about the game. Like it or hate it, buy it or sell it, it's up to you to make those decisions. It's your money.
I've owned a pro and now have a LE. I will admit that I get a little bummed out with the big airballs, the flipper gap is challenging, but there are more things I like about the game than don't like. Is it the best game ever? Maybe not, but it's pretty fun and looks great. That's just my opinion. Cant wait to see all the comments about the new code. Or maybe I should just not worry so much about what everyone else thinks.

#6992 4 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Seriously, can someone take theirs apart and list the boards/ parts inside already? It has to be an already available node board that we can purchase and just wire some LEDs to it.

#6993 4 years ago

I cannot wait for the code to come out. Not for the excitement of getting it, but so I don't have to hear about it again. It's like my friends that are insufferable Tool fans, they've been posting "New Tool album in the works" articles since the last album came out.

Quoted from bicyclenut:

For me, I love the game as it is. But I'm excited that GB is getting a code update, however big or small. I think I let Pinside opinions get to me too much, and I feel I need to defend the game (maybe because I own one). I see all the hate for this game and the complaining about flipper gap, air balls, ghosting, splitting cabinets, topper etc.. However I also respect everyones opinions and we are entitled to have one. To me it seems that when this game came out there was a lot of love for it. I feel like since John Trudeau got into his trouble, Ghostbusters became the escape goat for all of our discussed feeling and hateful feelings of what he did. So with all the issues of the game, it makes it that much easier to hate on the game. There will always be something wrong with EVERY pinball machine that comes out. Someone, somewhere, is not going to like something about any game out there. Some just more than others. Im the last person to try and tell someone they are wrong in their opinions of what they dislike about the game. Like it or hate it, buy it or sell it, it's up to you to make those decisions. It's your money.
I've owned a pro and now have a LE. I will admit that I get a little bummed out with the big airballs, the flipper gap is challenging, but there are more things I like about the game than don't like. Is it the best game ever? Maybe not, but it's pretty fun and looks great. That's just my opinion. Cant wait to see all the comments about the new code. Or maybe I should just not worry so much about what everyone else thinks.

Yeah it's not that I don't care what he did, I care. But it seems rash to get rid of your machine to show genuine disgust in what the man did. GOTG seemed like it was the last machine where Stern actually care about fickle players like me that want toys and ramps. GB is VERY busy but I really enjoy it.

#6994 4 years ago

I cant wait for the stream tomorrow night. I'm going to get a pizza and kick back and enjoy the show. It'll be kinda like watching the Super Bowl, only better because the NFL sucks these days.

#6995 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

I cannot wait for the code to come out. Not for the excitement of getting it, but so I don't have to hear about it again. It's like my friends that are insufferable Tool fans, they've been posting "New Tool album in the works" articles since the last album came out.

Yeah it's not that I don't care what he did, I care. But it seems rash to get rid of your machine to show genuine disgust in what the man did. GOTG seemed like it was the last machine where Stern actually care about fickle players like me that want toys and ramps. GB is VERY busy but I really enjoy it.

Ok what exactly did he do?

#6996 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ok what exactly did he do?

Added a third scoleri brother.

#6997 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Added a third scoleri brother.

LOL!

I read online and found it, so I removed my original post...

#6998 4 years ago

Congrats @willy39!

Quoted from Jimmyapple:

It’s ok to love more than one thing. But, hide it for one day just had a girl 10 days ago - soak it in. Congrats!

That's awesome! We just had our baby boy 10 days ago too!

Excited for this new code news!

#6999 4 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Congrats willy39!

That's awesome! We just had our baby boy 10 days ago too!
Excited for this new code news!

Good news! Baby boy decided to come this morning instead of Wednesday! So I’m in the clear for the dead flip code reveal on Wednesday!

#7000 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Good news! Baby boy decided to come this morning instead of Wednesday! So I’m in the clear for the dead flip code reveal on Wednesday!

Nice! Congrats, new dad!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.