Topic Stats

• 7,512 posts
  • 629 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Nightmare
  • Topic is favorited by 224 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

710x528_29308725_15723322_1571103682 (resized).jpg
710x528_29267126_15702769_1570683537 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308800_15723368_1571104279 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308803_15723368_1571104285 (resized).jpg
bf1ecaed04eb60860c21359dd51f4feb7a593976 (resized).png
Ghostbusters Flippers (resized).jpg
1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png
7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg
IMG_8515 (resized).JPG
CC980D64-BBDA-4A9A-A773-3CA624D39D60 (resized).jpeg
56443AD1-10A5-4FF3-86E1-A91B566FA8F2 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
screen-capture (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7512 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 151.
#651 3 years ago

Yawn, when will LE's and Premiums start shipping so we have something more fun to discuss?

#652 3 years ago

" Sad that it would need that compromise but the game is so unbalanced with this shot that it is sad."
"Would be sad to see an otherwise nice game with one such large glaring fault."
"It is just an obvious after thought of design (JT designed for the prem and then altered for the pro) and POORLY engineered."

How is this constructive critique? Sounds like it's just a sad excuse for a pinball machine to you.

An example of constructive criticism might go like this. "I think the game overall is very nice, but the right ramp has a very narrow entrance and I find it almost impossible to hit."

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I love how constructive critique is often rebuffed with stupid things like "play better"
Hopefully Stern is pulling actual data audits off games to see how rarely that right ramp is hit and Dwight is making adjustments. Would be sad to see an otherwise nice game with one such large glaring fault.

The shot is not that hard to hit consistently.

#654 3 years ago

In preperation for my Premium I decided to pull the trigger and purchase a few MODS now. However, I question the need for certain MODS when Stern hasn't even sent out any Prems yet.

Does anyone think the ball bouncing out/over the return lanes will be resolved at the factory? Also, what about the MOD springs for the Scoleri Brothers drop targets? Seems a pretty easy fix at the factory to me.

#655 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Does anyone think the ball bouncing out/over the return lanes will be resolved at the factory? Also, what about the MOD springs for the Scoleri Brothers drop targets? Seems a pretty easy fix at the factory to me.

The game calms down big time after a breaking in period. Games that have seen more play see WAY less ball jumping over the return lanes. The Scoleri targets will always cause some bouncing, that's just the nature of those sorts of stand ups. Playboy and Sopranos have them and they cause hops all the time. The severity of the hops or the reliability of the targets dropping will improve as things break in.

I don't see any problem putting the replacement springs in now if you want a faster break in period, but I don't think that the return lanes are that big of a problem once the game settles in. If you ever saw an Iron Man or an AC/DC fresh out of the box, you saw tons of air balls on those too from all over the playfield.

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The game calms down big time after a breaking in period. Games that have seen more play see WAY less ball jumping over the return lanes. The Scoleri targets will always cause some bouncing, that's just the nature of those sorts of stand ups. Playboy and Sopranos have them and they cause hops all the time. The severity of the hops or the reliability of the targets dropping will improve as things break in.
I don't see any problem putting the replacement springs in now if you want a faster break in period, but I don't think that the return lanes are that big of a problem once the game settles in. If you ever saw an Iron Man or an AC/DC fresh out of the box, you saw tons of air balls on those too from all over the playfield.

Agreed. I've been playing a GB Pro on location that has been broken in. Most of the hops/airballs that I still see now are when you miss the left ramp & the ball lands on top of the playfield platics on the left side & rolls down them. As long as you nudge a bit, the ball will usually land back in the left inlanes.

The drop targets are typically no problem as long as you backhand them.

#657 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The game calms down big time after a breaking in period. Games that have seen more play see WAY less ball jumping over the return lanes.

All new games play fast, the same as when ya wax a game plays fast then settles down as you play it.

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

In preperation for my Premium I decided to pull the trigger and purchase a few MODS now. However, I question the need for certain MODS when Stern hasn't even sent out any Prems yet.

Have you considered my Leg Light-Ups?

#659 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Have you considered my Leg Light-Ups?

Yes, I will be ordering them for sure just not sure if I'll get 1 or 2 sets. Plus I've already spent almost $400 on a game I don't even have yet.

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

Yes, I will be ordering them for sure just not sure if I'll get 1 or 2 sets. Plus I've already spent almost $400 on a game I don't even have yet.

OK sounds good. I bought a bunch of stuff for mine before I got it too so your not alone and I have the expensive stuff yet to buy.

#661 3 years ago

Paul, do you think you can make slimer green as opposed to typical LED green?

#662 3 years ago

I am going to purchase the art blades and shooter rod. Even though it's not super detailed. I think it's clean looking and effective. The games art is already busy. I will be getting new unfinished armor and having t custom powder coated once I actually get my premium.
Fortytwo

#663 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Paul, do you think you can make slimer green as opposed to typical LED green?

The green in my pictures is as close as I can get. I think it looks good.

#664 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I am going to purchase the art blades and shooter rod. Even though it's not super detailed. I think it's clean looking and effective. The games art is already busy. I will be getting new unfinished armor and having t custom powder coated once I actually get my premium.
Fortytwo

You do know the shooter rod is a sticker right

#665 3 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

I thought I read a week or so ago that Stern has already corrected the outlane issue by raising them slightly on pros going forward. With premiums not even on the line yet I would think that fix will be in the game.

#666 3 years ago

You would think they would fix it but who know I ordered the pbu set from pbl for my LE to be on the safe side.

#667 3 years ago

Picked up a GB Pro today, didn't feel like waiting 6-8 weeks lol, madness.
Kids are waiting for their new cardboard clubhouse. Put my mods on, gave a few rips...

First impressions, she's a hard one!

13315450_10154158111353529_7393405674071086320_n_(resized).jpg13342913_10154158767563529_7830366741776133027_n_(resized).jpg13344749_10154158767638529_6305595840450214277_n_(resized).jpg13327429_10154158767913529_8157202989266592452_n_(resized).jpg13327569_10154158767668529_3851454946630484561_n_(resized).jpg

#668 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

First impressions, she's a hard one!

Would you consider it unfairly hard or just hard in that if you don't play well then you get your butt handed to you? Some people are starting to get the opinion that the game is unfairly difficult. I've played it and I know it can be tough... But, who wants a game that can be mastered quickly?

Rob

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Would you consider it unfairly hard or just hard in that if you don't play well then you get your butt handed to you? Some people are starting to get the opinion that the game is unfairly difficult. I've played it and I know it can be tough... But, who wants a game that can be mastered quickly?
Rob

In honor and the style of ALI, ''i am the greatest!''.....i'll toot my own horn for a minute. I've beaten games like Tron Portal (yes, beaten portal) and Metallica end of the line (good lord, nearly impossible) won the New Hampshire State Championship two years in a row- yes, Ghostbusters is hard.
It is unfair, it is brutal, it is hard to control, it's fun. You need good flipper skills and good shots. Hard to progress through. Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Games with long ball times can be a bore. I feel this game is the toughest out of the box that I've played from Stern, and TWD was pretty damn hard too.
Of course you'd probably gain some extra time with it not pitched too steep, or the outlane plugs all the way down. Just my thoughts.

#670 3 years ago

I think Iron Man is a harder game out of the box, but it's in that realm, yes.

#671 3 years ago

It is unfair, it is brutal, it is hard to control, it's fun. You need good flipper skills and good shots. Hard to progress through. Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

The game does calm down with time as well, so the unfair part does lessen some what. With multiple plays and figuring out the lay out, geometry, and what not to hit, the game really takes off.

After a month and a half with it, I would put it below IM and TWD for toughness, maybe even Tron.

And it's a great earner! Doing stellar on route.

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

You do know the shooter rod is a sticker right

It looks like to me a sticker with a plastic window protecting it. Much like a shifter knob in a old car. And we all know those had held up.
It all depends on the price. I like the shape. And as said a molded one in the shape of something is not my preference. So a white shifter knob looks good but offers release control.
Just my personal preference.

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

It looks like to me a sticker with a plastic window protecting it. Much like a shifter knob in a old car. And we all know those had held up.
It all depends on the price. I like the shape. And as said a molded one in the shape of something is not my preference. So a white shifter knob looks good but offers release control. Just my personal preference.

It's a gel bubble sticker. There was a video posted of it and someone else posted an eBay listing of a pack of the same sticker for just a couple bucks. Definitely not worth $50.

#674 3 years ago

2 billion today. Was hard to do. Finally advanced to Stay Puft, then ''we came we saw, we kicked it's...'' Was pretty cool, but a lot of frustration in between. I think closing the lanes down would help, but that's not my style. Time will tell.

#675 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I love how constructive critique is often rebuffed with stupid things like "play better"

Well, would you prefer I said #playshittier ?

Yeah I understand you have a level of frustration with that ramp and I agree it's of questionable design. This ramp shot probably goes down as probably the tightest ramp shot ever on any game. If there's too much emphasis on the shot for rules and points then it could be a real issue newbie pin players. But of course the rest of the game isn't a cake walk either so it goes with the territory I suppose.

The rules seem to have already been dumbed down a bit for making locks easier to obtain which I don't like. Well, all I would ask Dwight is that as an owner I would like the ability to set the lock difficulty back to the way it originally was if I want.

Rob

#676 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Well, would you prefer I said #playshittier ?
Yeah I understand you have a level of frustration with that ramp and I agree it's of questionable design. This ramp shot probably goes down as probably the tightest ramp shot ever on any game. If there's too much emphasis on the shot for rules and points then it could be a real issue newbie pin players. But of course the rest of the game isn't a cake walk either so it goes with the territory I suppose.
The rules seem to have already been dumbed down a bit for making locks easier to obtain which I don't like. Well, all I would ask Dwight is that as an owner I would like the ability to set the lock difficulty back to the way it originally was if I want.
Rob

I find the right ramp a challenging shot, but not impossible. Feels good to hit. I think combined with everything else it's just another hard thing in the game which is wearing thin with some people.

I do question the longevity of that ramp, because it's plastic to the right side of it with no real protection, I think this will start cracking with bricked shots after some time.

#677 3 years ago

I find the right ramp a challenging shot, but not impossible. Feels good to hit. I think combined with everything else it's just another hard thing in the game which is wearing thin with some people.
I do question the longevity of that ramp, because it's plastic to the right side of it with no real protection, I think this will start cracking with bricked shots after some time.

I wonder if Cliffy is working on ramp protectors for GB.

That's one of things I liked about the LE....It has the metal ramp.

#678 3 years ago

I'd equate the Pro's right ramp difficulty to that of the Black Widow ramp on Avengers. It's definitely makeable but tough to hit on the fly or repeat. Also weaker non direct shots have a tendency to fall back down the entrance. The Premium ramp also has a tight entrance but weak shots still count as made shots because the ramp apex is much shallower. I wouldn't consider the Pro ramp to be a deal breaker if I were buying but it is probably the most frustrating aspect of the layout.

#679 3 years ago

In honor and the style of ALI, ''i am the greatest!''.....i'll toot my own horn for a minute. I've beaten games like Tron Portal (yes, beaten portal) and Metallica end of the line (good lord, nearly impossible) won the New Hampshire State Championship two years in a row- yes, Ghostbusters is hard.
It is unfair, it is brutal, it is hard to control, it's fun. You need good flipper skills and good shots. Hard to progress through. Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. Games with long ball times can be a bore. I feel this game is the toughest out of the box that I've played from Stern, and TWD was pretty damn hard too.
Of course you'd probably gain some extra time with it not pitched too steep, or the outlane plugs all the way down. Just my thoughts.

Glad to hear you say this. My hope is that if I get really good flipper skills playing GB all those other games will be easy by comparison. Kind of like learning to drive stick on an old sportscar I would be curious to hear how difficult you think "Are You A God?" is versus End Of The Line when you get there.

On the unfair note: I hate to say it but I really feel like the Trudeau signature touches are kind of gimmicks now that take away from the rules and better parts of the table. The game is already brutal enough without the flipper gap plus the flipper angle plus the outlane situation. Could have done with two out of the three maybe and still had it be challenging enough? Just going to work on playing better since it is what it is

#680 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Also not a fan of this change, it makes going for the captive balls pointless now unless you want to start Multiball really quickly on ball 1 or you save it until after 50 ghosts. Otherwise you lose the "free" ghost threshold locks you get since they don't stack on top of the captive ball's permanent-lock-until-started.

#681 3 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Glad to hear you say this. My hope is that if I get really good flipper skills playing GB all those other games will be easy by comparison. Kind of like learning to drive stick on an old sportscar I would be curious to hear how difficult you think "Are You A God?" is versus End Of The Line when you get there.

I only got End of the line once, it's extremely difficult and it's a mode that just keeps running without completion. While I'm sure others have gotten there, I haven't heard of anyone else talking about it.
I just got ''are you a god'' again- still very challenging but the body of work to do it is much different and shorter overall than Metallica.

#682 3 years ago

Has anyone instruction cards for the GB Pro?

#683 3 years ago

New Pro Siderails

IMAG8711_(resized).jpg

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from lash:

New Pro Siderails

much better than stern ones

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from lash:

New Pro Siderails

Where did you get those. They look great!

#686 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Where did you get those. They look great!

That German company, Pinball Center. 89 euros so with shipping about $150

#687 3 years ago

The same in white/glow in the dark

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That German company, Pinball Center. 89 euros so with shipping about $150

Looks like we have another case of needing a US supplier to start offering them. Those are sweet but I doubt many people would pay to ship individually.

#689 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsgames:

Looks like we have another case of needing a US supplier to start offering them. Those are sweet but I doubt many people would pay to ship individually.

Yeah the shipping kills it for me too as does buying anything from them really. Can't fault them though, they are just to far away for us in the US. Nice for the guys in Europe though. Funny no one over here offers them.

#690 3 years ago

Does anybody know if gble so the same green as hulk

#691 3 years ago

Okay, so
made it to the end- ''we're ready to believe'' ...damnnn hard to get to. Included two trips to ''we came we saw we kicked it's ass''
Stock settings, v 1.05, with the early nasty outlane guides. (yeah, the ball be hoppin' like a frog)
Interesting game...score was only 2.7 billion focusing mainly on modes, but I looped 12 supers at 88 million a piece. My current GC is 3 bill.

#692 3 years ago

Anybody with a Pro, what # is on your play field? (#X of Y) and is your Negative Reinforcement insert misspelled or no?

#693 3 years ago

Not in front of it but mine has a cabinet sticker of 4-3-16, shipped 5-4-16 and is misspelled.

#694 3 years ago

Mine has a sticker on the edge of the play field, just to the left of the ball trough that says #130 of 510 and also says "Harold Pro", not sure what the Harold thing is all about?

I have the spelling error, and my cabinet has a built date of April 13.

Playfield_(resized).png

#695 3 years ago

Think Harold was the code name whislt it was being made...as in Harold Ramis

#696 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Think Harold was the code name whislt it was being made...as in Harold Ramis

That crossed my mind too. Wonder if there are other names on batches of playfields for pros, or the premiums/LEs

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

That crossed my mind too. Wonder if there are other names on batches of playfields for pros, or the premiums/LEs

My Pro says the same...forget the number.

#698 3 years ago

Yes, Harold was the official code name for Ghostbusters. That's what should appear on all runs. Next game is "toys."

#699 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Next game is "toys."

...sad but true

#700 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yes, Harold was the official code name for Ghostbusters. That's what should appear on all runs. Next game is "toys."

I wonder if toys is code for Aerosmith toys in the attic?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
There are 7512 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 151.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside