IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 249.
#6901 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep you are right and rightfully so because its a great game. If this code update turns out to be something really special im thinking that they are going to have to make another run of these games because people will be wanting to buy one again bad.

But then will go from ghosting to wrinkly playfields!!!!

#6902 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like marketplace is starting to burn up with wanted gb threads
Knew that would happen once code was close
Hopefully Stern delivers. They don't even need a knock out so I think this will really be well received

Or a cool vault edition. I really think they let production die on Ghostbusters. Which is odd, because they had a recent practice of announcing last runs. And for Ghostbusters they just took it off their page quietly.
Which again... Seems odd because GB is supposed to be one of sterns better selling titles...

Personally I love this game. Its number 3 on my get list. Looking for Elvira 3 for my next one, but if it sucks... Won't be getting it. Then I want an AFM... And then finally hoping to get my Ghostbusters.
So the whole demand from new code might be fizzled out by the time I have the money for it.

#6903 4 years ago

Just joined the club.

0159974E-1A7F-4695-9D6A-3FC146BC360B (resized).jpeg0159974E-1A7F-4695-9D6A-3FC146BC360B (resized).jpeg9944FC4A-A28F-48B2-8630-4B6DD12BB680 (resized).jpeg9944FC4A-A28F-48B2-8630-4B6DD12BB680 (resized).jpeg
#6904 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like marketplace is starting to burn up with wanted gb threads
Knew that would happen once code was close
Hopefully Stern delivers. They don't even need a knock out so I think this will really be well received

I never seem to see wanted ads. Where do you see them. Im listing my pro soon...glad I waited

#6905 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Or a cool vault edition. I really think they let production die on Ghostbusters. Which is odd, because they had a recent practice of announcing last runs. And for Ghostbusters they just took it off their page quietly.
Which again... Seems odd because GB is supposed to be one of sterns better selling titles...
Personally I love this game. Its number 3 on my get list. Looking for Elvira 3 for my next one, but if it sucks... Won't be getting it. Then I want an AFM... And then finally hoping to get my Ghostbusters.
So the whole demand from new code might be fizzled out by the time I have the money for it.

My guess would be the whole mess with Trudeau is why GB has been treated the way it has.

#6906 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

I‘m glad I got one before the hype started!

Me too, and the LE is what I snagged as it was on my wishlist!

#6907 4 years ago

Just joined the club with this modded premium.

0072E1FC-C60A-4545-BFA5-3ADE2FBA85A4 (resized).jpeg0072E1FC-C60A-4545-BFA5-3ADE2FBA85A4 (resized).jpeg252585E2-7DC9-43F1-8782-75E6C381B6D4 (resized).jpeg252585E2-7DC9-43F1-8782-75E6C381B6D4 (resized).jpeg89BB0F91-1396-4C3D-B07C-2E17A7426069 (resized).jpeg89BB0F91-1396-4C3D-B07C-2E17A7426069 (resized).jpeg
#6908 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just joined the club with this modded premium.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is the colordmd worth it?

#6909 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

YES!!!

#6910 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

YES! so worth it. I went with the LCD and love it

#6911 4 years ago

Has anyone played the new custom Vpinmame Ghostbusters table? Really great work!

#6912 4 years ago
Quoted from pinfarmer:

Has anyone played the new custom Vpinmame Ghostbusters table? Really great work!

Is it based off the Stern table, or is it a custom graphic package with a layout the same as Sterns? I have that custom Slimer one from a couple years ago. If it’s a Stern recreation, I’ll have to get it and compare to the real thing.

#6913 4 years ago

Is the LCD better than the LED? Not sure which too get or where to order from

#6914 4 years ago

Color DMD so worth it

that topper is so nice. Damn it I think I need to buy it.

#6915 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Is the LCD better than the LED? Not sure which too get or where to order from

Based on my research, and all the feedback in this thread alone, LCD is the way to go for GB.

You can get it here. I will be placing an order myself soon.

http://shop.colordmd.com/colordmd-replacement-display-for-ghostbusters-pinball-machine/

#6916 4 years ago

What happens when there's a code update? Does the lcd get an update?

#6917 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What happens when there's a code update? Does the lcd get an update?

If the code update includes new animations we would have to wait for them to be colorized and then we would upload the new code with color. But seeing as how long we’ve been waiting I’m sure most folks will update the code and worry about the color revision later.

#6918 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The color dmd takes the game to a higher level. The lcd version gives you much more options on the the display IMHO.

#6919 4 years ago

Did anyone change the color of LEDs on the playfield? I changed the white slingshot LEDs to blue and it looks great.
I wonder what else i can do for nice light effects. Any pics?

#6920 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

The color dmd takes the game to a higher level. The lcd version gives you much more options on the the display IMHO.

This was my thought too. You can make the LCD look like the LED if preferred, but you can't the other way around.

#6921 4 years ago

Yes its worth it. I will say, I like most of my games on the Scan mode to make it looks smooth but not for GB. I find far too much blur with that setting and have it to dots xl.

#6922 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Did anyone change the color of LEDs on the playfield? I changed the white slingshot LEDs to blue and it looks great.
I wonder what else i can do for nice light effects. Any pics?

I think its harder on this game as most of the lights are LED boards.

#6923 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just joined the club with this modded premium.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thats a nice topper. Anyone know where it can be found?

Its looks kind of like the laseriffic one here, but the one in the picture that was posted above looks to be more 3d.. Expensive!

https://laseriffic.com/products/ghostbusters-pinball-topper

#6926 4 years ago

In regards to the Color DMD topic, what settings do you guys run for brightness and contrast?

Originally I had it at the stock settings. Then I played around with it a bit but cant seem to find a sweet spot. When the "mayors office" scene comes on, the door is now like grey but I feel it should be brown. But when i get the door brown, other colors seem off.

#6927 4 years ago

Questions re unused wires- while swapping the 2x and 3x brackets, I noticed a three wire connection unplugged- pink/brown, pink/red and black/brown. Any idea if it connects to something? Is there a list? Also there are three near the coin door- look to be bill additions but is there a list to these? Mostly curious about under the PF. See pics. The last one is just a random two wire in the door.

3205B644-C992-4CE4-9103-8F258B68E9BD (resized).jpeg3205B644-C992-4CE4-9103-8F258B68E9BD (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6928 4 years ago

Not sure on the 3 wire without breaking out a manual, but the other looks like power for a dollar bill acceptor.

#6929 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Thanks.. Damn, thats so expensive. Cant pull the trigger on it..

The Stern topper is twice that price ...

#6930 4 years ago

Made these cards for Ghostbusters. The art for the title card came from the new video game. Enjoy!

GB Cards.pdfGB Cards.pdf
#6931 4 years ago
Quoted from cireone:

Made these cards for Ghostbusters. The art for the title card came from the new video game. Enjoy![quoted image]

Nice.

I wish someone would make nice cards for the coin versions. I like to play with money at home but everything seems to be geared towards free play with these cards...

#6932 4 years ago

I have a few GB mods coming and this one is close to final testing and was just wondering what people thought of the concept.

This is dedicated for the GB Pro guys as the Premium / LE guys have this one.
39e1d205205e5ed4aa05a786c8e57b6f57cdab5b (resized).jpg39e1d205205e5ed4aa05a786c8e57b6f57cdab5b (resized).jpg

And this is the design for the GB Pro people, it will have a front door that can be set to closed or open. It will use the lights from the ones already in the game in the top beacon lights which you just transfer over. It will have an additional hidden light in over the open door which will come on when the storage facility arrow is lit. It also has a cut away section in the left side to go around the post light to allow fitting but clean up a little as well.

It still needs a backing to the open door cavity area and was considering either putting the ghost trap holder model in there or a holder for a pinball to light up, any thoughts - like or don't like.
Containment Unit b (resized).pngContainment Unit b (resized).png
Containment Unit a (resized).pngContainment Unit a (resized).png

#6933 4 years ago

That mod would be great for my pro! I would be in on getting one for sure!!!!

#6934 4 years ago

Just agreed on terms of trading in my GB (Pro) towards a AFM. Sorry to be leaving before the code update, but the timing works with the discounts offered at Expo. My fear now is having too many fan layouts, with MET, LOTR, and AFM sitting side by side. Thanks for letting me be a part of the club for a little while.

#6935 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

hanks for letting me be a part of the club for a little while.

Trader!! But isnt this what the hobby is all about? Buying/selling/trading/re-buying. Thats a pretty cool trade. AFM is such a great game. I want one too. Maybe you're ahead of the curve and the code will suck and we will all watch as the prices of GB falls even more. Good luck with the new game!

#6936 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Just agreed on terms of trading in my GB (Pro) towards a AFM. Sorry to be leaving before the code update, but the timing works with the discounts offered at Expo. My fear now is having too many fan layouts, with MET, LOTR, and AFM sitting side by side. Thanks for letting me be a part of the club for a little while.

Who trades in gb right before the big code update? Market is about to explode - sure the guy taking in your game couldn't believe it either

#6937 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Trader!! But isnt this what the hobby is all about? Buying/selling/trading/re-buying.

It has been for me recently, this past year I've had a chance to try out Congo and Total Nuclear Annihilation --> Ghostbusters and Star Trek: The Next Generation --> Lord of the Rings and Attack from Mars. I have been swapping out those two spots in my collection. Every single game I've brought in has been good to great. I'd welcome any of them back into my collection at some point in the future, including Ghostbusters.

Quoted from delt31:

Who trades in gb right before the big code update? Market is about to explode - sure the guy taking in your game couldn't believe it either

This guy. AFM prices are also down $500 at Expo, so I'm calling the code bump a wash. Who knows, maybe I'll be kicking myself, but I know I love AFM and the new code with GB is a mystery. I'm happy I was able to enjoy the game for awhile and recoup back what I put into the machine. I hope the new code is great for all the owners. Thankfully, I will still have access to one at a friend's house.

#6938 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This guy. AFM prices are also down $500 at Expo, so I'm calling the code bump a wash.

Or you can avoid NIB (biggest waste ever) and just get a sick HUO AFMr for much more than $500 off NIB and try to hold onto an asset that's actually going to climb.

Sometimes I wonder how distributors do well but then I'm reminded.

#6939 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Or you can avoid NIB (biggest waste ever) and just get a sick HUO AFMr for much more than $500 off NIB and try to hold onto an asset that's actually going to climb.
Sometimes I wonder how distributors do well but then I'm reminded.

I had the offer on the table for a few months and I was open to used or NIB. This is the best offer that's come up. I'm happy. I don't really care, but why do you feel the need to try to make others feel bad about their buying and selling decisions? Pinball is fun. Lets keep it that way.

#6940 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I had the offer on the table for a few months and I was open to used or NIB. This is the best offer that's come up. I'm happy. I don't really care, but why do you feel the need to try to make others feel bad about their buying / selling decisions? Pinball is fun. Lets keep it that way.

Don't mean to make you feel bad. Financially it's such a bad decision, I thought I would try to help.

#6941 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don't mean to make you feel bad. Financially it's such a bad decision, I thought I would try to help.

I just generally would prefer to keep Pinside positive. I perhaps should have shopped around more, but I looked and couldn't find a deal that was better then the show special AFM (CE). There have been a few used sales, which were perhaps a $100 or $200 lower, but they were not in my area. Either way, this year I've been able to rotate in machines and haven't had to add cash from Total Nuclear Annihilation and Congo to Ghostbusters and Star Trek: The Next Generation to Lord of the Rings and Attack From Mars.

#6942 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I just generally would prefer to keep it positive. I perhaps should have shopped around more, but I looked and couldn't find a trade deal that was better then the show special AFM (CE). There have been a few used sales, which were perhaps a $100 or $200 lower, but they were not in my area. Either way, this year I've been able to rotate in machines and haven't had to add cash from Total Nuclear Annihilation and Congo to Ghostbusters and Star Trek: The Next Generation to Lord of the Rings and Attack From Mars.

yeah I don't know what to tell you about keeping it positive. I would say it's positive when someone is trying to alert you of a bad deal.

#6943 4 years ago

I like buying NIB. You dont have to find the secret defects that sellers hide and you can keep it as pristine as possible.

For people like me with OCD, its very rare to find a used machine that is acceptable.

Last time i went to my distributor looking at their used inventory and asking questions about this and that, he looked at me and was like "well, if you have eyes like that, you are best off buying NIB" lol.

#6944 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I like buying NIB. You dont have to find the secret defects that sellers hide and you can keep it as pristine as possible.
For people like me with OCD, its very rare to find a used machine that is acceptable.

Good point - you just have to worry about the manufacturer defects ; )

There are so many amazing HUO games out there now that NIB is really such a suckers game unless you need it right away. I'm guilty too as I plan on buying NIB JP when the pf issues are fixed but I wish I could wait and save 100s and get someone's really nice one.

I've sold many HUO games to pinsiders that are NIB quality.

#6945 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Good point - you just have to worry about the manufacturer defects ; )
There are so many amazing HUO games out there now that NIB is really such a suckers game unless you need it right away. I'm guilty too as I plan on buying NIB JP when the pf issues are fixed but I wish I could wait and save 100s and get someone's really nice one.
I've sold many HUO games to pinsiders that are NIB quality.

haha, very correct on the manufacturer defects. Especially with playfields. Very unacceptable for such expensive machines..

Im sure there are plenty of HUO games that are in good shape.. not saying there arent. Just hard sometimes as you cannot see the machines ahead of time.

#6946 4 years ago

I drove almost 6hrs to pick up this baby and I was a bit surprised that the owner was going to trade it right before the code drop. If you’re patient and keep your eyes open good HUO pins pop up all the time. I really can’t understand all the hate this game gets.

75757456-A4F3-4931-82CA-6316E520E4CE (resized).jpeg75757456-A4F3-4931-82CA-6316E520E4CE (resized).jpeg
#6947 4 years ago

Sideshow

95DC7B8B-921A-464F-A0C3-0C36C80B9C1C (resized).png95DC7B8B-921A-464F-A0C3-0C36C80B9C1C (resized).pngF75E83FD-E50A-494C-8551-53ECBACA0EB4 (resized).pngF75E83FD-E50A-494C-8551-53ECBACA0EB4 (resized).png
#6948 4 years ago

Good news folks! The time has finally come for what we have ALL been waiting so long for!

https://twitter.com/sternpinballinc/status/1172558078920802304?s=19

#6950 4 years ago

This is awesome

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 49.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 12,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.