IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 250.
#6851 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I just have to say, ive never heard so much complaining about flipper gaps in all my life lol. Am I the only one who is fine with how they are stock??
I will cant really understand the obsession of changing these as the gap would seem to stay the same. .

#6852 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I just have to say, ive never heard so much complaining about flipper gaps in all my life lol. Am I the only one who is fine with how they are stock??
I will cant really understand the obsession of changing these as it appears the gap would stay the same regardless of flipper adjustment..

#6853 4 years ago

Maybe some day I will remember to check the drain audits. Mine on location is on a cement floor and is not hard to slide a little bit to try to save a center drain. It's not a rampant issue, but I also don't think most people are draining down the center anyway. This one has hungry outlanes compared to the center.

#6854 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I just cant really understand the obsession of changing these as it appears the gap would be the same regardless of flipper placement.

I'm fine with the gap. I just didn't like the "droop," so I aligned the flippers with the ball guides.

It's your game, set up how you like.

#6855 4 years ago

Hi. I guess nobody has any leads on where the Stern siren topper might somehow be available? Just checking. Thanks. G

#6856 4 years ago

Due to my lack of pinball skills and high ball drain i tried the following methods:

aligning the flippers with th laneguide - angles felt a little weird and the cradle was too easy.
adding a center post - felt like a random, cheap save, like a crutch.
carrot flippers with the original, later factory flipper angle (slightly droopy) works well. still a hard game, but makes much more fun. Exactly what i was looking for.

This is highly individual so you shoud try out until you are happy. The game costs alot, so make the best out of it.

#6857 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I'm fine with the gap. I just didn't like the "droop," so I aligned the flippers with the ball guides.
It's your game, set up how you like.

No I know but it seems like a lot of the debate is whether or not Stern made a mistake, which I highly doubt.

You mentioned later factory flipper angle.. Did they change the angle and im not aware? If so, perhaps they actually did make a mistake? I havent heard of that before..

From what ive read, in general, about flipper lanes lining up with the dots or ball guides, it seems the majority says to keep it in line with the dots as there are reasons for it as intended from the factory. Also, it seems like a lot of people maybe do it to make that PKE lane shot easier but I feel, for one, its meant to be hard, and two, the game hardly uses that ramp and almost hardly makes it a mandatory shot, so again, seems like Stern set this up on purpose.

#6858 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Maybe some day I will remember to check the drain audits. Mine on location is on a cement floor and is not hard to slide a little bit to try to save a center drain. It's not a rampant issue, but I also don't think most people are draining down the center anyway. This one has hungry outlanes compared to the center.

Agreed. I feel most of my drains are from outlanes. I feel this game is setup so that there arent many direct travels down the middle. Of course, not to say that it doesnt happen, or perhaps ive just been on the luckier side of this not happening often to me..

Speaking of outlanes, one thing that does bother me a bit is that when my ball comes out of the ramp exits, the ball has spin on it and when it hits the playfield, it spins right into the outlane. Drives me a little crazy at times.

#6859 4 years ago

If this game is set up poorly it will play like the biggest pile of shit to roll out of a pinball company. That said, if care is taken in setting it up the ball should be very controllable.

Can we start talking about the fact that the code is in the works already?!

#6860 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

If this game is set up poorly it will play like the biggest pile of shit to roll out of a pinball company. That said, if care is taken in setting it up the ball should be very controllable.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1

#6861 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yeah! Code is now in testing which means we could see it within the next month or two. I bet it will be out by end of October at the latest.

#6862 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah! Code is now in testing which means we could see it within the next month or two. I bet it will be out by end of October at the latest.

Lets hope!

#6863 4 years ago

It sounds like it's going to be a huge update, even larger then the last GOT update. Does anyone think Stern has added an Are You a God super wizard mode and or a Slimer multiball?

#6864 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I just cant really understand the obsession of changing these as it appears the gap would be the same regardless of flipper placement.

I was afraid of the game before I owned it because of all the complaints about the gap, the game I got had to be shopped and re-rubbered so I just had the carrot flippers installed and have been enjoying it. I'm not the most skilled player but I just found the best way to score high in this game is just to keep the ball going as long as possible, actually trying to make certain shots becomes my second priority.

#6865 4 years ago

I really don't mind the gap, it's the outlanes that always get me. I'm not skilled enough to save many drains when the games have rubbers, but this one just kills me because I feel like I don't even stand a chance.

#6866 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It sounds like it's going to be a huge update, even larger then the last GOT update. Does anyone think Stern has added an Are You a God super wizard mode and or a Slimer multiball?

I would guess Are You a God is definitely in. It’s in the instruction card ffs. They’ll probably tie in the hurry ups better, more reason to go for the center captive ball, redo the left captive ball rules, balance scoring for EVERYTHING. Hoping for more slimer as well, since it’s really not worth a ton and doesn’t do much for a cool toy.

Could be bigger than the 1.5 update on Metallica back in 2014!

#6867 4 years ago

Is it possible to adjust the slingshot strength through software on spike 1 games?

It would be cool to sort of randomize the strength on the pro to be like a poor mans magna slings. Not quite sure how it would be in action but it sounds cool in my head.

#6868 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

No I know but it seems like a lot of the debate is whether or not Stern made a mistake, which I highly doubt.
You mentioned later factory flipper angle.. Did they change the angle and im not aware? If so, perhaps they actually did make a mistake? I havent heard of that before..

I don't think they made a mistake, but I can't say for 100% certainty. As for the flipper angle, I bought used, but the owner said that it came from the factory with the flipper pointing to the alignment dot/holes. Did this vary from game to game from the factory? I don't know.

#6869 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I don't think they made a mistake, but I can't say for 100% certainty. As for the flipper angle, I bought used, but the owner said that it came from the factory with the flipper pointing to the alignment dot/holes. Did this vary from game to game from the factory? I don't know.

for the first 6 months the flippers were very low to the point that you couldn't cradle and then they lifted them a little but still below the angle of the inlane guides

#6870 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

AYAG is definitely in. They wouldn't do a massive update and leave that out. Dwight more or less said so himself.

Slimer 2-ball for chasing him away as a hurry-up would be lovely.

#6871 4 years ago

Looking for a HUO low play Premium in or near Ohio if anyone is thinking of selling.

#6872 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

AYAG is definitely in. They wouldn't do a massive update and leave that out. Dwight more or less said so himself.
Slimer 2-ball for chasing him away as a hurry-up would be lovely.

With all the complaints about linear gameplay, I think it would be good to see some kind of bonus for completing all level one modes, all level twos, etc. It would create optional strategies...complete a ladder for WCWS or complete "levels" for some other bonus. With the code in testing though, ideas are a little late at this point.

#6873 4 years ago

I'd be pretty happy if they fixed the lights on the storage facility. Anyone notice the lights are reversed?

One ball in storage SHOULD light the green light. Second ball would light the red, 3rd ball triggers the all the red lights and sirens.

Instead, first ball lights the red, 2nd ball lights the green, 3rd ball lights all the red lights and sirens.

Am I missing something? This seems the opposite of what I'd expect.

#6874 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'd be pretty happy if they fixed the lights on the storage facility. Anyone notice the lights are reversed?
One ball in storage SHOULD light the green light. Second ball would light the red, 3rd ball triggers the all the red lights and sirens.
Instead, first ball lights the red, 2nd ball lights the green, 3rd ball lights all the red lights and sirens.
Am I missing something? This seems the opposite of what I'd expect.

I think the animations are backwards too. 1 locked ball shows 2 traps and 2 locked balls shows 1 trap.

#6875 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I think the animations are backwards too. 1 locked ball shows 2 traps and 2 locked balls shows 1 trap.

That must be on a premium, because the pro never shows 2 traps.

#6876 4 years ago

Hi all! Question: I've bought my GBPro from a friend, and it already hat LEDs in it. Do they come factory shipped with LEDs? If yes, is there something like LEDOCD built in to smooth the flicker? Or is GB designed for LEDs?

I'm just wondering because yesterday I put LEDOCD into my LAH, and it makes a HUGE difference! The GB though does give me headaches because of the aggressive lighting.

Oliver

#6877 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Hi all! Question: I've bought my GBPro from a friend, and it already hat LEDs in it. Do they come factory shipped with LEDs? If yes, is there something like LEDOCD built in to smooth the flicker? Or is GB designed for LEDs?
I'm just wondering because yesterday I put LEDOCD into my LAH, and it makes a HUGE difference! The GB though does give me headaches because of the aggressive lighting.
Oliver

All gb lighting is led. You shouldn't be seeing flickering. Maybe something is broken.

#6878 4 years ago

Well, the flickering is in the code! It's just that the LEDs turn on and off harshly as oppsed to the slight in-and-out dimming of old-style bulbs.

#6879 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Well, the flickering is in the code! It's just that the LEDs turn on and off harshly as oppsed to the slight in-and-out dimming of old-style bulbs.

Yeah, that's just the way it is. Some of those flashers are pretty brutal.

#6880 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Also the logo on the Ecto 1 is backwards on the display.

#6881 4 years ago

I’m hoping for more code for the topper, better use of the scoleris with more choreography, more actor dialogue implemented.

#6882 4 years ago

This waiting for the code update is as brutal as waiting for a hot new pin to be released!!!

#6883 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m hoping for more code for the topper, better use of the scoleris with more choreography, more actor dialogue implemented.

Good ideas. Some more topper code would be awesome, it's an amazing topper but not used nearly enough. Just some extra effects added to it would be nice. When all the lights go crazy during the Storage Facility MB intro it would be cool if some lights on the topper triggered as well.

#6884 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Good ideas. Some more topper code would be awesome, it's an amazing topper but not used nearly enough. Just some extra effects added to it would be nice. When all the lights go crazy during the Storage Facility MB intro it would be cool if some lights on the topper triggered as well.

They should light every time you hit the loop and trigger the siren.

#6885 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They should light every time you hit the loop and trigger the siren.

Yeah, even better! If Dwight is concerned about the effects occurring too often there could be a setting for it in the menu. Have how it is today as the default setting and then also have a another setting that enables more effects. Probably too late for anything new to be added at this point but hopefully something topper related is in the update.

#6886 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I never realized that. That's going to bug me now, too!

I would have just swapped the red and green lights around, but on 3 balls, all the sirens would go off with all red and then the one green. It wouldn't look right. I really don't understand why this went unnoticed so long and why it doesn't big more people.

#6887 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

That must be on a premium, because the pro never shows 2 traps.

LE here, I don't think two traps are ever shown ??

#6888 4 years ago

Not so sure about this two traps business Ive never seen that.

#6889 4 years ago

Lock 1st ball, see two traps. Lock 2nd ball, see one trap...

20190907_120341 (resized).jpg20190907_120341 (resized).jpg20190907_120545 (resized).jpg20190907_120545 (resized).jpg
#6890 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some more topper code would be awesome, it's an amazing topper but not used nearly enough.

As someone who got his game too late to find the topper anywhere, this would make me even more jealous!

I ended up putting the four Funko Pop figures on the head as a topper. Looks pretty good, but definitely not as awesome.

#6891 4 years ago

I only see 1 trap smoking

#6892 4 years ago

It’s two. Far more obvious with the Color DMD.

#6893 4 years ago

I have a colordmd, I will have to look again

#6894 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Oliver

If your friend did install additional LEDs, this can cause some slight flickering, especially when slimer mode is on.
It seems this mode needs more power.
Additional LEDs could be installed here:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-scoop-led-premium-river-of-slime
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pinball-scoop
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/ghostbusters-pro-storage-facility-illumination
https://mezelmods.com/products/pinball-trough-lighting-kit?_pos=1&_sid=f64a29d84&_ss=r&variant=20613243460

For the aggressive lighting, you can adjust the flash effect strengh in the menu.
Playing in the dark makes lighting also aggressive, make sure to find the right ambient light for your taste.

cheers

#6895 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, even better! If Dwight is concerned about the effects occurring too often there could be a setting for it in the menu. Have how it is today as the default setting and then also have a another setting that enables more effects. Probably too late for anything new to be added at this point but hopefully something topper related is in the update.

The topper defiantly needs more interaction! I purchased my topper from my good buddy Marshall @ little shop of games, shortly after purchasing my NIB pro. It is an expensive investment into the game! I really like the topper just would like to enjoy it more throughout game play. heres hoping that beacon rocks with new code!

#6896 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

With all the complaints about linear gameplay, I think it would be good to see some kind of bonus for completing all level one modes, all level twos, etc. It would create optional strategies...complete a ladder for WCWS or complete "levels" for some other bonus. With the code in testing though, ideas are a little late at this point.

There already is kind of a "bonus" for this by design. i e. the lower level modes are easier and you can make progress towards an extra ball by going breadth-first versus depth-first on the modes. It's actually one of my favorite parts of the design for the mode ladders.

I like your idea a lot though. Could be cool to really lean into the depth versus breadth idea more with more scoring and awards. Kind of like the "three in a row" bonuses from ST.

#6897 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Check out a CGC game. They did incandescent emulation on the LEDs that makes them fade in and out ever so slightly. Looks awesome.

#6898 4 years ago

Seems like marketplace is starting to burn up with wanted gb threads
Knew that would happen once code was close
Hopefully Stern delivers. They don't even need a knock out so I think this will really be well received

#6899 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Seems like marketplace is starting to burn up with wanted gb threads
Knew that would happen once code was close
Hopefully Stern delivers. They don't even need a knock out so I think this will really be well received

Yep you are right and rightfully so because its a great game. If this code update turns out to be something really special im thinking that they are going to have to make another run of these games because people will be wanting to buy one again bad.

#6900 4 years ago

I‘m glad I got one before the hype started!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

15,699 (OBO)
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 138 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/138?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.