IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 249.
#6801 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

It's probably to leave the glass off a while after adjusting flippers and play it a while. I've found when you help "this" it might hurt "that" - If you increase the cradle ability of the left flipper you might make the left flipper to right ramp shot almost impossible. It's best to find the right compromise for you.

Great advice in general. I will say aligning the flippers with the inlane on GB provided the single most improvement to game play for me. As mentioned, it gives a fighting chance at catch and cradle. I did not notice any additional difficulty to hitting the extreme angle shots (gear targets and right scoop). So for me tat least here have been no negative trade offs.

#6802 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

It makes gap bigger
Changes shot angles
Dial them in to your liking

That makes sense. So why would anyone widen the gap?

#6803 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

That makes sense. So why would anyone widen the gap?

For the challenge !

#6804 4 years ago

the gap in that photo was factory set after a year into production but the original production for the first 6 months was steeper again where you couldn't cradle the ball easily and just made the game harder. Lifting them up makes some of the shots easier but the gear and rhs scoop a little harder - but that is subjective to the player.

I hand made a template from my shown flipper angle which was factory before levelling with the inlanes and then returned back to my factory

#6805 4 years ago

I'm having an issue with my right flipper power. Sometimes power drops off mid flip. I have checked my end of stroke and flipper button contact. I have re flowed solder on flipper connections. All those things seem fine. Anybody know what it could be?

#6806 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

I'm having an issue with my right flipper power. Sometimes power drops off mid flip. I have checked my end of stroke and flipper button contact. I have re flowed solder on flipper connections. All those things seem fine. Anybody know what it could be?

What version of code are you on?

#6807 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

What version of code are you on?

#6808 4 years ago

I'm prettty sure this sometimes weak flipper issue was documented in this GB thread somewhere, but I don't remember the details. Sorry.

Edit: looked it up, and the suggested fixes are: update to newer software (which you already have), and check the flipper EOS switch.

#6809 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

You had me doubting myself and being a mech engineer, I was crap did I really get this wrong.
I am sorry to say with all due respect that you are incorrect, and really we are splitting hairs but this is to educate people on measuring and forming opinions on correct & incorrect information.
1. in your measuring we are talking 1/8" difference and for me is 3.175mm - but you are measuring at the outer of the flipper. We have a 1993 game with god knows what flipper replacements installed and a 2016 game using most probably Stern flipper moldings etc so not a accurate starting point as they would not be the same and this will affect measurements.
2. like I said with my diagram, measure hole centre to hole centre or centre of flipper pivot shaft to centre of flipper pivot shaft is the correct way to measure. Both are 7 1/8" between centres so whoever put it out there measured incorrectly (happy for you to put Stern's official comment reporting that the flipper centre spacing was larger than 7 1/8" and should be Trudeau's traditional 7 1/8" centres). In the below photos I started the measurement on 1" and it goes to 8 1/8" = 7 1/8" for both CFTBL and GB.
In saying this I am not discouraging people to put a centre post inbetween the flippers but it is not a mistake of Stern as Trudeau told me and I checked the spacing just now as a double check on myself as he stated to me that all his dmd games are 7 1/8". Just the saggy flippers enhance the gap more.
here is CFTBL = 7 1/8" flipper shaft spacing
[quoted image]
here is GB = 7 1/8" flipper shaft spacing
[quoted image]

I re-measured with a tape measure that fit better and you are right - the spacing is the same as CFTBL.
I also know insiders (not pinsiders) that say it was suppose to be 1/8" smaller.

IMO it doesn't really matter what it was suppose to be - only what works best

#6810 4 years ago

dup post

#6811 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

am working on ball interactive ones

Keep me posted as well please! (#3?

#6812 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes - this is the link to the PREMIUM custom music I made for this game. Music from the movie - it really brings it to the next level.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tTE0I1PVY7rKK_EsSaC4g_Ln0qfo68nx

Thank you! I will look up how to install this. Is there a backup for the original that is available or that I need to do?

#6813 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Thank you! I will look up how to install this. Is there a backup for the original that is available or that I need to do?

Nope, you just download it from the stern website.

#6814 4 years ago

Well, after having my full PF swapped out not too long ago my Tony Scoleri LED is out. I have swapped out the bulb but it is still dead. This connects to a node board but I can't really make out where based on the manual.

Has this happened to anyone and can you tell which board and connector to look at?

#6815 4 years ago

is a 4 gig usb large enough to update the game? thank you in advance...

#6816 4 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

is a 4 gig usb large enough to update the game? thank you in advance...

Yes, the previous GB code was much less than 4 GB

#6817 4 years ago

delt31 installed and enjoying the new tunes, thank you!

I will watch the movie again to get reacquainted with the songs

#6818 4 years ago

swinks consider me a doubter of any cross the streams mod, but I haven’t insulted your measuring skills either. Put me down as #4 for your mod and I’ll give it a go.

#6819 4 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Check the coil stop. These seem to be failing a lot lately on newer Stern machines.

#6820 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

swinks consider me a doubter of any cross the streams mod, but I haven’t insulted your measuring skills either. Put me down as #4 for your mod and I’ll give it a go.

I do have a challenge on my hands, but I do have a cool idea - that is my goal

your on the list at #4

#6821 4 years ago

I decided to add the proton streams to my game. I combined it with a UV mod I did that illuminates whenever the GI turns off. Looks cool at the end of ball sequence and also flashes in conjunction with the GI during some modes for a crazy effect. I 3D printed the plug in the outlines that were supposed to used originally.

60531E51-0921-4994-B61A-5CF4BCC62003 (resized).jpeg60531E51-0921-4994-B61A-5CF4BCC62003 (resized).jpeg
DA96BFDC-E32B-414C-A630-D17F1BD05179 (resized).jpegDA96BFDC-E32B-414C-A630-D17F1BD05179 (resized).jpeg

#6822 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I decided to add the proton streams to my game. I combined it with a UV mod I did that illuminates whenever the GI turns off. Looks cool at the end of ball sequence and also flashes in conjunction with the GI during some modes for a crazy effect. I 3D printed the plug in the outlines that were supposed to used originally.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

HandyExcellentCornsnake-size_restricted.gifHandyExcellentCornsnake-size_restricted.gif

#6823 4 years ago

Btw here is the proton mod on my game.... Had

Has guns and El wire...

20190801_234712 (resized).jpg20190801_234712 (resized).jpg20190807_230823 (resized).jpg20190807_230823 (resized).jpg
#6824 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

[quoted image]

The game doesn’t look like this all the time. When the GI is off, this turns on.

#6825 4 years ago

Stern of the Union today. Testing!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6826 4 years ago

screw you naysayers! It's coming and it's big!
"Ghostbusters – The Ghostbusters update has been progressing nicely with the team entering the testing phase."

#6827 4 years ago

So Glad I upgraded from the pro to the LE....Cant wait for the new code!!

#6828 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

So Glad I upgraded from the pro to the LE....Cant wait for the new code!!

I'm in the same boat. Love the LE and it's actually not even that bad with the current code especially seeing how this game actually has all the actors, voices, etc
When it was released this was expected but with all these new games cutting costs and not getting all the assets, it really stands out.

#6829 4 years ago

I haven’t been able to find a Premium but have a line on a low play Pro. Why do you prefer the Premium?

#6830 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm in the same boat. Love the LE and it's actually not even that bad with the current code especially seeing how this game actually has all the actors, voices, etc
When it was released this was expected but with all these new games cutting costs and not getting all the assets, it really stands out.

I too LOVE my LE. This thing is gorgeous!

Looking forward to the new code.

#6831 4 years ago

The game is already amazing in my opinion. The new code will make this game even better. Can’t wait!! I have a LE and I think the artwork is amazing!!

#6832 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

The game is already amazing in my opinion. The new code will make this game even better. Can’t wait!! I have a LE and I think the artwork is amazing!!

GB is both frustrating as hell and amazing. Some games on it make me want to shake the shit out of the machine sometimes. But a great game on it is more satisfying than almost any other game!

#6833 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I haven’t been able to find a Premium but have a line on a low play Pro. Why do you prefer the Premium?

To me GB is one of the pins that absolutely screams prem/le to me. I've played a pro on route and at conventions. It might have been good enough if I didn't own or hadn't played the prem. I'd be patient and find a prem. No offense to the LE fans but I also prefer the artwork on the prem. It looks really sick with my illusion royal hardware powder coat job.

#6834 4 years ago

Just sold my LE - enjoy the code update- hope it is big!

#6835 4 years ago

Pro or Premium/LE. I have an LE and like it a lot. Premium is also ok, but I like the artwork on the LE better (especially the backglass), but that is just taste. On gameplay Pro in my opinion is a bit easier. Seems shots are just a bit easier. Wonder if that was just the pro I played vs my LE or every pro. Slimer is easier for sure as he does not wander over all the field and block your shots. Next to that I like the shaker, with multiball you are always in for something special. My LE needed a lot of finetuning before it played well but once setup, it is a great game with great features. Hope the code will bring some extra's.

#6836 4 years ago

I like the ramps better on the Premium/LE. Especially the feeling of hitting that left ramp. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy with my Pro.

#6837 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I like the ramps better on the Premium/LE. Especially the feeling of hitting that left ramp. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy with my Pro.

Yeah, both models are great. It's amazing how everything license wise came together for Ghostbusters. Stern was able to get audio assets from every main actor (including some minor ones) across two films, hired Ernie Hudson for custom callouts, licensed the main track, and use the actors likeness on the back glass / playfield with a cool art style. That combination is extremely rare in pinball today. Combine that with the unique layout and multiple interactive toys / features and all the game needs to become a masterpiece is a final code update Can't wait.

#6838 4 years ago

So my flasher dome cover didn't work on the storage facility and I followed the suggestion of just slime on top of it which will also fit nicely on the other flasher domes. The flasher dome on the storage facility is just not as tall as the others since it's sunk into the casing a bit. Anyway I have to have one printed first to make sure it fits then I'll post the link. It will be available in pink, green, etc.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpgnoname (resized).pngnoname (resized).pngnoname2 (resized).pngnoname2 (resized).png
#6839 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Not everyone agrees that the premium is better. But, this is one pin where I where I think the Premium/LE shines.

I think the magna slings are awesome and fits the theme perfectly. Some people think they are too random and like the traditional slings on the Pro.

Ramps and subways are another difference. Also moving Slimmer. It's not s huge deal per se, but I like that it's kind of "hidden" and then comes into the action when needed.

There are a few other goodies: steel ramps, ecto goggles, better plastic models (library and storage facility).

Different artwork. Depends what you like. I don't pay much attention to the cabinet art work and the playfield artwork is the same, so.. meh.

For what you get and the price difference, I think it is totally worth it. YMMV.

#6840 4 years ago

I didn't see anything when I searched the thread but does anyone else here have instances where the storage facility ramp misses a ball that comes up and down the rail? Every so often I'll hit a ball up the ramp and it doesn't seem to trigger the sensor so the ball isn't captured like it should be with the storage facility insert lit. From looking at it in super slow mo, there seems to be certain angles/speeds where the ball rides up a bit on the rail opposite the switch and either just misses it or only contacts it just barely which isn't enough to trigger the switch. My thoughts are to bend the switch out slightly but wanted to ask before I touched it, also looked at adding a very small piece of felt to the end of the switch to make it stick out more without bending it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jeff

#6841 4 years ago

I upgraded, sold my pro for a premium and have no regrets. Fact is I can’t believe have much more is packed into a Prem/LE than a pro.. I would say it’s Sterns most featured pin.

#6842 4 years ago

Those outlines were supposed to contain a proton stream. Surprised a mod hasn't been made for this affect!

#6843 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Those outlines were supposed to contain a proton stream. Surprised a mod hasn't been made for this affect!

Post 6782 and related responses

#6844 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I didn't see anything when I searched the thread but does anyone else here have instances where the storage facility ramp misses a ball that comes up and down the rail? Every so often I'll hit a ball up the ramp and it doesn't seem to trigger the sensor so the ball isn't captured like it should be with the storage facility insert lit. From looking at it in super slow mo, there seems to be certain angles/speeds where the ball rides up a bit on the rail opposite the switch and either just misses it or only contacts it just barely which isn't enough to trigger the switch. My thoughts are to bend the switch out slightly but wanted to ask before I touched it, also looked at adding a very small piece of felt to the end of the switch to make it stick out more without bending it.
Thoughts?
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff,

Do you have a pro? Are you hitting the right or left ramp? I had an issue on my Pro only a few games out of the box where the screws that hold the roll over switch’s weren’t tightened down. The ball would roll over and not engage the switch so I tightened them down and no more issues.

#6845 4 years ago
Quoted from Exeter:

Jeff,
Do you have a pro? Are you hitting the right or left ramp? I had an issue on my Pro only a few games out of the box where the screws that hold the roll over switch’s weren’t tightened down. The ball would roll over and not engage the switch so I tightened them down and no more issues.

Premium, thanks for the screw check idea. I’ll take a look.

Thanks,
Jeff

#6846 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Premium, thanks for the screw check idea. I’ll take a look.
Thanks,
Jeff

I bent the switch arm outwards a bit, zero issues since. ...but I will go back and check the screw(s), although I should have noticed if the switch was loose.

#6847 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Post 6782 and related responses

The original designs were for moving proton streams that you had to keep separated as you played one of the modes. I don't recall if they were part of Don't Cross the Streams video mode or if it was added when the streams were pulled. That goofy EL wire is not at all what I'm hoping for when people suggest an aftermarket streams mod.

#6848 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have to tell you I'm loving my gb. Updated the flipper gap and all the other necessary adjustments and it's now playing well. Updated sounds really make it special. Bobby Brown MB #1
It's also my dream theme...

So you just bring them up to be inline with ball return guide?

I have Carrot flippers on mine, so I might raise them up. Heard that not only is the Trudeau gap, but the additional gap from manufacturing. So that would bring it to where an standard Stern, Bally, etc gap would be....If i'm correct.

#6849 4 years ago

This is correct:

Quoted from 3pinballs:

Heard that not only is the Trudeau gap,

This is false:

Quoted from 3pinballs:

but the additional gap from manufacturing.

See this link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/136#post-5177757

#6850 4 years ago

I just have to say, ive never heard so much complaining about flipper gaps in all my life lol. Am I the only one who is fine with how they are stock??

I just cant really understand the obsession of changing these as it appears the gap would be the same regardless of flipper placement.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Williamston, MI
$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/137?hl=sinistarrett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.