IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
24FEB084-9AC1-4277-9840-A649D39F1484_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
E668B039-982B-4264-BE43-A3CFB54287D0_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
A581A7CB-8588-4E31-88C0-22E3AE3C3039_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 248.
#6751 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I installed them too and they work great. I also replaced the foam behind the target because the original was pretty small and allowed the target to bend back with no resistance. That turns the switch into a ramp which launches the ball. The foam cut out the few random air balls I would have even with the brackets. The brackets are definitely worth the money in my opinion.

The brackets helped mine but a still get enough air balls that I had to put the plastic cover back over the ramp. Maybe I need to replace the foam. Any pictures or instructions on how to do the foam swap?

#6752 4 years ago

I'm new to the club, but I've owned my Ghostbusters premium since August, 2017. It was only our second pin we ever bought. We had issues right out of the box, but Stern replaced some parts and it's been a champ since. Airball guards, a center post (I may remove that soon) and other mods were essential to getting our game to play right. Once dialed in, it's been a favorite pin of mine since we got it. It can be very difficult, but I don't agree with many critics who say it's unfair or a drain monster. I don't feel that way. There are many shots to make, and the code isn't that difficult to understand. With a color DMD and new code I hear is coming soon, GB is a keeper for us.

#6753 4 years ago

Pinkitten,Welcome to our addiction! Glad you could make it!! Have fun,B safe

#6755 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Anyone ever had a populated playfield sent to them?
My distributor said stern is sending me a box to send my playfield and then once they receive it, they will send me a new one.
How long does it take to receive the new usually?
Thx

I sent a fully populated LE for swap. They were great and was to me in less than a week.

#6756 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

I sent a fully populated LE for swap. They were great and was to me in less than a week.

They still have playfields to send out? Is dimpling the only issue?

#6757 4 years ago

I finally lit my Titan Ecto-1 mod. Looks awesome!

#6758 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

I thank that it was for insert ghosting not dimpling but maybe others can chime in.

#6759 4 years ago

it was for ghost of inserts,

as for dimpling that is standard now and steel is tougher than wood and not worth getting into

the new issue is pooling / chipping of clear around posts

#6760 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I'm new to the club, but I've owned my Ghostbusters premium since August, 2017. It was only our second pin we ever bought. We had issues right out of the box, but Stern replaced some parts and it's been a champ since. Airball guards, a center post (I may remove that soon) and other mods were essential to getting our game to play right. Once dialed in, it's been a favorite pin of mine since we got it. It can be very difficult, but I don't agree with many critics who say it's unfair or a drain monster. I don't feel that way. There are many shots to make, and the code isn't that difficult to understand. With a color DMD and new code I hear is coming soon, GB is a keeper for us.

GB is a great game and I love mine... but the design is a bit unfair. The flipper gap is one thing but those metal out lanes are a joke. I can’t imagine how they decided on that final design with all the lane hopping the metal brackets causes. I shouldn’t have to invest another $100 plus to make the game “fair”. Designed to just eat quarters I guess

#6761 4 years ago
Quoted from Exeter:

GB is a great game and I love mine... but the design is a bit unfair. The flipper gap is one thing but those metal out lanes are a joke. I can’t imagine how they decided on that final design with all the lane hopping the metal brackets causes. I shouldn’t have to invest another $100 plus to make the game “fair”. Designed to just eat quarters I guess

I have to tell you I'm loving my gb. Updated the flipper gap and all the other necessary adjustments and it's now playing well. Updated sounds really make it special. Bobby Brown MB #1

It's also my dream theme...

#6762 4 years ago

Each time I see a lot of posts I always think.....GB Code update......but no.....

#6763 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I totally agree with you here, mate. Right off the bat, mine had significant issues but we were able to sort them out. It's become a family favorite over the few years we've had it.

#6764 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have to tell you I'm loving my gb. Updated the flipper gap and all the other necessary adjustments and it's now playing well. Updated sounds really make it special. Bobby Brown MB #1

what is most popular way to correct flipper gap?

#6765 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Three things you can do:

1. Carrot flippers. Longer than standard flippers and will affect shot geometry

2. Align flipper with inlanes. Will close the gap but affect shot geometry.

3. Install center post kit. Will not affect shot geometry but will allow you a chance to save SDTM balls.

I don’t recommend any of the above, but the options are there.

#6766 4 years ago

I’m not sure if they still have play fields but my swap was something entirely different. My playfield was actually warped. It was high centered and the ball would roll off left and right. There was no way to balance it.

#6767 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I went center post addition. Without it, this game is super cheap and drives me crazy. Once I found out that stern officially made a mistake making this game with the gap in the middle, I thought it's time to right the wrong.

#6768 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Each time I see a lot of posts I always think.....GB Code update......but no.....

Same. One day it will happen and it will be a day long remembered lol.

#6769 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I went center post addition. Without it, this game is super cheap and drives me crazy. Once I found out that stern officially made a mistake making this game with the gap in the middle, I thought it's time to right the wrong.

Interesting! Did I miss where Stern made a statement about the gap?

#6770 4 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Interesting! Did I miss where Stern made a statement about the gap?

It's mentioned a few times in this thread I believe and a few other places. Quick google and you should be good.

#6771 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It's mentioned a few times in this thread I believe and a few other places. Quick google and you should be good.

Is the center post avail by itself? I have plastic protectors already.

#6772 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Is the center post avail by itself? I have plastic protectors already.

I don't think so. Mine came as part of a lower air ball protector. You can keep the protector but loose the center post if you want. If your protector extends over the gap then I suppose you could drill a hole in it and add a post ( the center post is hung from above, not mounted in the play field). I find the center post saves about 20% of STDMs. I like it for me and my playing ability.

#6773 4 years ago

The gap was not a mistake, as is Trudeau’s traditional flipper spacing. The flipper spacing is measured from flipper shaft to flipper shaft and most designers are 7inches post to post. Trudeau’s was always 7 1/8”, but what makes it look bigger is when flippers on this game were set lower than the inlane geometry.

#6774 4 years ago

I have the center post kit, I just wanted the green slime covers. It has both clear covers, green super bands still brand new in the bag 20 + shipping if someone wants it.

#6775 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

The gap was not a mistake, as is Trudeau’s traditional flipper spacing. The flipper spacing is measured from flipper shaft to flipper shaft and most designers are 7inches post to post. Trudeau’s was always 7 1/8”, but what makes it look bigger is when flippers on this game were set lower than the inlane geometry.

Agreed, it is certainly interesting though that there is enough missinformation out there that people think it was an oversight or accidental design flaw.

#6776 4 years ago

Trudeau used to refer to this larger flipper gap as one of his signature features. I added the center post.

#6777 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Three things you can do:
1. Carrot flippers. Longer than standard flippers and will affect shot geometry
2. Align flipper with inlanes. Will close the gap but affect shot geometry.
3. Install center post kit. Will not affect shot geometry but will allow you a chance to save SDTM balls.
I don’t recommend any of the above, but the options are there.

I highly recommend #2 and #3. The shot geometry is improved by re-aligning the flippers. Some of you place too much value on "how the designer intended" IMO. I prefer to test and determine what actually works best. Ironically I know many of the designers and believe it or not they sometimes change their mind!

#6778 4 years ago

Obviously the gap itself is expected to be bigger but stern apparently admitted they were off with the measurements on this.....

cmon I need a super nerd pinball guy to back me up - I read it a thousand times on here!

#6779 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Obviously the gap itself is expected to be bigger but stern apparently admitted they were off with the measurements on this.....
cmon I need a super nerd pinball guy to back me up - I read it a thousand times on here!

Lol, I also remember seeing this.

#6780 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Updated sounds really make it special. Bobby Brown MB #1

Mine as well!

Is anyone sharing sound libraries?

#6781 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have taken off the glass on both CFTBL and GB and checked and they both have the same signature gap measuring from the centre of flipper post to centre of flipper post. I have never seen Stern admit they were off in dimensions - they won't admit to anything that can lead to loss of sales or replacing defective parts.

I talked to Trudeau about CFTBL and GB a number of years ago after GB release before the findings of his personal life. The gap is his regular signature gap as he liked to create a game that was good for the arcades - 2-3 minute games, hence lowering the flippers a more than the inlane guide angle. What he did say was the inlane / outlane guide was not meant to be as low in height as it came out initially which was raised a little in later production games.

I did ask about the outlane plugged holes near the apron and they were meant for the proton beam device which was axed due to cost.

this thread of a few years ago discussed amongst many things - gaps etc and the Italian bottom design and I put together a graph explaining a little:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-figure-out-the-bare-minimum-costparts-to-build-a-whitewood

typically 6 7/8" post gaps had 3" flippers and lighting flippers (2 7/8" flippers)
typically 7" post gaps have 3" flippers
typically 7 1/8" post gaps have 3" flippers and carrot flippers (3 1/8" flippers)
5216b4f0e9b4ce81ad2dca669b6f7c4bea93bc39.pdf5216b4f0e9b4ce81ad2dca669b6f7c4bea93bc39.pdf

#6782 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I have taken off the glass on both CFTBL and GB and checked and they both have the same signature gap measuring from the centre of flipper post to centre of flipper post. I have never seen Stern admit they were off in dimensions - they can't admit publicly there is a issue with pooling and chipping.
I talked to Trudeau about CFTBL and GB a number of years ago after GB release but before the findings of his personal life. The gap is his signature gap as he liked to create a game that was good for the arcades - 2-3 minute games hence lowering the flippers a more than the inlane guides. What he did say was the inlane / outlane guide was not meant to be as low as it came out initially which was raised in later production games.
I did ask about the outlane plugged holes near the apron and they were meant for the proton beam device which was axed due to cost.

I can't believe nobody has created an interactive proton beam device mod!

#6783 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Mine as well!
Is anyone sharing sound libraries?

Yes - this is the link to the PREMIUM custom music I made for this game. Music from the movie - it really brings it to the next level.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tTE0I1PVY7rKK_EsSaC4g_Ln0qfo68nx

#6784 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I have them on mine (proton guns fit in the hole and have EL wire shoot across the playfield on the sides).

#6785 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I have them on mine (proton guns fit in the hole and have EL wire shoot across the playfield on the sides).

I'm sorry if I missed it, but did you post pics in here somewhere? I remember seeing pics of e.l. wire on a game, but not proton guns. Sounds cool.

#6786 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

am working on ball interactive ones

#6787 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

am working on ball interactive ones

Sweet please put me on your list. I had and loved your snack bar mod on creech, and I'd pre order this and be a test guy.

#6788 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Sweet please put me on your list. I had and loved your snack bar mod on creech, and I'd pre order this and be a test guy.

no: 1 to me and no: 2 to you

CFTBL mods have come to a halt and now on to a few mods / upgrades for GB

#6789 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I have taken off the glass on both CFTBL and GB and checked and they both have the same signature gap measuring from the centre of flipper post to centre of flipper post. I have never seen Stern admit they were off in dimensions - they won't admit to anything that can lead to loss of sales or replacing defective parts.
I talked to Trudeau about CFTBL and GB a number of years ago after GB release before the findings of his personal life. The gap is his regular signature gap as he liked to create a game that was good for the arcades - 2-3 minute games, hence lowering the flippers a more than the inlane guide angle. What he did say was the inlane / outlane guide was not meant to be as low in height as it came out initially which was raised a little in later production games.
this thread of a few years ago discussed amongst many things - gaps etc and the Italian bottom design and I put together a graph explaining a little:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lets-figure-out-the-bare-minimum-costparts-to-build-a-whitewood
typically 6 7/8" post gaps had 3" flippers and lighting flippers (2 7/8" flippers)
typically 7" post gaps have 3" flippers
typically 7 1/8" post gaps have 3" flippers and carrot flippers (3 1/8" flippers)
[quoted image]

Sorry Swinks - but you are wrong (nice post and charts though ).

I just took off the glass on GB and CFTBL and measured the flipper spacing (far end to far end)...
- GB: 7 - 3/4"
- CFTBL: 7 - 5/8"

So GB is 1/8" bigger gap - and it is a known mistake BTW.

So everyone please: use a fix and enjoy the FIXED version of the game!!!

Added over 5 years ago:

EDIT - I was wrong - I remeasured more carefully and GB and CFTBL have the same flipper spacing.
EDIT - But my opinion is still the same, the gap is too wide on GB for the layout (how the game plays).

#6790 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I just took off the glass on GB and CFTBL and measured the flipper spacing (far end to far end)...

What’s the best way to slightly raise the flippers to align w the lanes? Also will this increase the catch pitch? Mine are very difficult to catch and hold a ball. I more want a higher hold like my lotr. It’s too flat in GB. At least on mine.

#6791 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

What’s the best way to slightly raise the flippers to align w the lanes? Also will this increase the catch pitch? Mine are very difficult to catch and hold a ball. I more want a higher hold like my lotr. It’s too flat in GB. At least on mine.

Adjusting Flippers...
- Lift Playfield
- use Allen Wrench to loosen the Flipper Bat (on the flipper pawl)
--- don't make it super loose, just loose enough to adjust the flipper by pressing on it
- adjust flippers so they are straight with the lane guide
- tighten the bolt back up

#6792 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Adjusting Flippers...
- Lift Playfield
- use Allen Wrench to loosen the Flipper Bat (on the flipper pawl)
--- don't make it super loose, just loose enough to adjust the flipper by pressing on it
- adjust flippers so they are straight with the lane guide
- tighten the bolt back up

Thanks

#6793 4 years ago

It's probably to leave the glass off a while after adjusting flippers and play it a while. I've found when you help "this" it might hurt "that" - If you increase the cradle ability of the left flipper you might make the left flipper to right ramp shot almost impossible. It's best to find the right compromise for you.

#6794 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You had me doubting myself and being a mech engineer, I was crap did I really get this wrong.

I am sorry to say with all due respect that you are incorrect, and really we are splitting hairs but this is to educate people on measuring and forming opinions on correct & incorrect information.
1. in your measuring we are talking 1/8" difference and for me is 3.175mm - but you are measuring at the outer of the flipper. We have a 1993 game with god knows what flipper replacements installed and a 2016 game using most probably Stern flipper moldings etc so not a accurate starting point as they would not be the same and this will affect measurements.
2. like I said with my diagram, measure hole centre to hole centre or centre of flipper pivot shaft to centre of flipper pivot shaft is the correct way to measure. Both are 7 1/8" between centres so whoever put it out there measured incorrectly (happy for you to put Stern's official comment reporting that the flipper centre spacing was larger than 7 1/8" and should be Trudeau's traditional 7 1/8" centres). In the below photos I started the measurement on 1" and it goes to 8 1/8" = 7 1/8" for both CFTBL and GB.

In saying this I am not discouraging people to put a centre post inbetween the flippers but it is not a mistake of Stern as Trudeau told me and I checked the spacing just now as a double check on myself as he stated to me that all his dmd games are 7 1/8". Just the saggy flippers enhance the gap more.

here is CFTBL = 7 1/8" flipper shaft spacing
IMG_1568 (resized).jpgIMG_1568 (resized).jpg

here is GB = 7 1/8" flipper shaft spacing
IMG_1569 (resized).jpgIMG_1569 (resized).jpg

#6795 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

You had me doubting myself and being a mech engineer, I was crap did I really get this wrong.
I am sorry to say with all due respect that you are incorrect, and really we are splitting hairs but this is to educate people on measuring and forming opinions on incorrect information.
1. in your measuring we are talking 1/8" difference and for me is 3.175mm - but you are measuring at the outer of the flipper. We have a 1993 game with god knows what flipper replacements and a 2016 game using most probably Stern flipper moldings etc so not accurate starting point as they would not be the same.
2. like I said with my diagram, measure hole centre to hole centre or centre of flipper pivot to centre of flipper pivot is the correct way to measure. Both are 7 1/8" between centres so whoever put it out there measured incorrectly (happy for you to put Stern's official comment reporting that the flipper centre spacing was larger than 7 1/8" and should be Trudeau's tradional 7 1/8" centres). In the below photos I started the measurement on 1" and it goes to 8 1/8" = 7 1/8" for both CFTBL and GB.
In saying this I am not discouraging people to put a centre post in but it is not a mistake of Stern as Trudeau told me and I checked the spacing just now as a double check on myself as he stated to me that all his dmd games are 7m 1/8". Just the saggy flippers enhance the gap more.
here is CFTBL = 7 1/8" flipper shaft spacing
[quoted image]
here is GB = 7 1/8" flipper shaft spacing
[quoted image]

Stop wasting time measuring and get to work on my mod!

#6796 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Stop wasting time measuring and get to work on my mod!

lol, right you just went to the back of the wait list, oops you are first and last person.....

#6797 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

GB came out originally with very low set flippers and then raised them a touch but not inline with the inlane guides. Place a ruler on the inlane guides and then once the flipper paws / clamps are loosened adjusted your flippers. I personally left them a little down from being inline but I can still cradle the ball.

Remember to check that the flipper has not dropped in relation to the playfield as you don't want playfield scraping - I tend to put a credit card under the flippers to rest on when setting then remove the card and you have consistent spacing off the playfield.

IMG_1571 (resized).JPGIMG_1571 (resized).JPG
#6798 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

GB came out originally with very low set flippers and then raised them a touch but not inline with the inlane guides. Place a ruler on the inlane guides and then once the flipper paws / clamps are loosened adjusted your flippers. I personally left them a little down from being inline but I can still cradle the ball.
Remember to check that the flipper has not dropped in relation to the playfield as you don't want playfield scraping - I tend to put a credit card under the flippers to rest on when setting then remove the card and you have consistent spacing off the playfield.[quoted image]

Dumb question What does lowering flippers below the inlane guide actually do? It cant decrease the size of the gap?

#6799 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Dumb question What does lowering flippers below the inlane guide actually do? It cant decrease the size of the gap?

It makes gap bigger
Changes shot angles
Dial them in to your liking

#6800 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

It will increase the gap the more you go away from horizontal.

My opinion is GB shoots like crap if the flippers aren’t in the factory position. That is because almost every other GB is at the factory position. I have played others that are different from mine (factory) and it takes long enough to adjust that I’ve played a few games before I have adjusted. In tournaments this would really annoy me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
There are 12,383 posts in this topic. You are on page 136 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/136 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.