IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 250.
#6551 4 years ago

I do not know about random modes. Although I can not stand who brought the dog and we got one since I played those so many times, I think the linear approach follows the story the best. I would like to see when the mode times out or you do not make it, you have to start that damn slimmer again. There should be more ways to start a scene (next to skill shot) Also less scolari brothers, I see them way to much.

#6552 4 years ago

You can disable the Scoleri brothers. It makes game play better IMO.

#6553 4 years ago

Making modes easier to restart would be a good move. Change it so a few main shots are lit, hit those and modes relight.

Then, use the ghost target to spell ghost for Slimer MB. Make it like well walker and X switch hits drops Slimer for jackpot. Have to spell ghost twice to do it a second time, and so on. Make points similar to Storage Facility, and double the values in the actual Storage Facility.

#6554 4 years ago

Looks like I'll be rejoining the club soon! Rolling the dice and giving this another chance with the anticipation of the code helping out.

In the meantime is there a DIY solution to replacing the balls on the left with green ones and best place to get ecto goggle protector?

#6555 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Looks like I'll be rejoining the club soon! Rolling the dice and giving this another chance with the anticipation of the code helping out.
In the meantime is there a DIY solution to replacing the balls on the left with green ones and best place to get ecto goggle protector?

Not sure I understand about the green balls; They are all DIY solutions. Just buy green balls and swap out the ones on the left. Easy peasy.

#6556 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/c21/Ghostbusters-Pinball-Mods

#6557 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Not sure I understand about the green balls; They are all DIY solutions. Just buy green balls and swap out the ones on the left. Easy peasy.

sorry - just wasn't sure best/cheapest place to buy them....

As for the ecto protector, I remember when I had my original Stern just gave me the replacement. Is it now just for sale?

Thanks

#6558 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

sorry - just wasn't sure best/cheapest place to buy them....
As for the ecto protector, I remember when I had my original Stern just gave me the replacement. Is it now just for sale?
Thanks

The hooked protector is bulletproof and looks like it belongs there

#6559 4 years ago

ok.

I'm thinking about getting that walking Stay puft.....expensive but looks nice....anyone with one care to share if they think it was worth it?

#6560 4 years ago

Welcome back to the club delt31! When this new update comes out there is going to be a lot of people wanting this game again i bet. GB is truly a great game.

#6561 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

ok.
I'm thinking about getting that walking Stay puft.....expensive but looks nice....anyone with one care to share if they think it was worth it?

Its worth it! I love mine.
note you will here the tick of the relay from time to time when in attract mode.

skip the stock stern protector its worthless

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p102/Ghostbusters-Ecto-Goggle-Protector-Pinball-Mod.html

#6562 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

Its worth it! I love mine.
note you will here the tick of the relay from time to time when in attract mode.
skip the stock stern protector its worthless
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p102/Ghostbusters-Ecto-Goggle-Protector-Pinball-Mod.html

I want to want the stay puft mod.... I just can't imagine it getting out to use when I've only gotten that mode like 3 times

#6563 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I want to want the stay puft mod.... I just can't imagine it getting out to use when I've only gotten that mode like 3 times

It moves anytime the green "storage facility" arrow is lit, for 1 activation which I believe is like 2 side to sides So you get to see it a few times during a game depending on your game. Dont quote me, I do believe it moves also when stay puff is activated, by the time I look at it directly I have already forgotten to look back there when starting the stay puff mode.

#6564 4 years ago
Quoted from camcamaro1991:

It moves anytime the green "storage facility" arrow is lit, like getting the mulitball. So you get to see it a few times during a game depending on your game. Dont quote me, I do believe it moves also when stay puff is activated, by the time I look at it directly I have already forgotten to look back there when starting the stay puff mode.

Aaah.... Well that's cool.

#6565 4 years ago

If GB is a keeper the stay puft is great. It is subtle but every time I see it, it just makes me smile...

#6566 4 years ago

anyone here still sell the air ball protectors for the left ramp (prem)? PM if so. thanks.

#6567 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

anyone here still sell the air ball protectors for the left ramp (prem)? PM if so. thanks.

I have tried 4-5 air ball protectors including tilting the targets. the other 4 99% of the issue I have is the design as the ball goes up the ramp it drags/slows the ball.

IMO currently I use the cpr9999 comb kit. air-ball and right orbit kit.

#6568 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

New Link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-3

68F8A282-0DA8-4C07-9444-D2424D5B7FE2 (resized).jpeg68F8A282-0DA8-4C07-9444-D2424D5B7FE2 (resized).jpeg7F6E2FCF-1948-40A2-857A-652385696E4E (resized).jpeg7F6E2FCF-1948-40A2-857A-652385696E4E (resized).jpeg56753A7B-61E5-4956-A759-52D85DFB341F (resized).jpeg56753A7B-61E5-4956-A759-52D85DFB341F (resized).jpeg
#6569 4 years ago

Hey folks I designed these to go over the flasher domes because nobody really makes anything to go on top of them. I made one that was supposed to be blood, goo, whatever, and a couple of people said it looked like cake, so I redesigned it to look like dripping blood, goo, slime. I ordered it in green and pink so for GB either would look cool. I'll post pictures when I get it and once I know it fits I'll post a link to the shapeways page.

Any more critique is appreciated. Once again these are resin printed, and are about $15 (which is a GREAT price vs other sites PLA printed mods)

710x528_28425625_15317770_1564527223 (resized).jpg710x528_28425625_15317770_1564527223 (resized).jpg710x528_28425626_15317770_1564527219 (resized).jpg710x528_28425626_15317770_1564527219 (resized).jpg710x528_28425629_15317770_1564527222 (resized).jpg710x528_28425629_15317770_1564527222 (resized).jpg
#6570 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Funny, I have had no interest in that mod since getting a shaker motor installed. The shaker makes the stock Stay Puft move as is..

#6571 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Hey folks I designed these to go over the flasher domes because nobody really makes anything to go on top of them. I made one that was supposed to be blood, goo, whatever, and a couple of people said it looked like cake, so I redesigned it to look like dripping blood, goo, slime. I ordered it in green and pink so for GB either would look cool. I'll post pictures when I get it and once I know it fits I'll post a link to the shapeways page.
Any more critique is appreciated. Once again these are resin printed, and are about $15 (which is a GREAT price vs other sites PLA printed mods)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those look incredible!

#6572 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Funny, I have had no interest in that mod since getting a shaker motor installed. The shaker makes the stock Stay Puft move as is..

Oh yes! Shaker ist a must have. Really adds to the fun, and super easy to install.

#6573 4 years ago

Has anyone mounted Stay Puft on a spring? I would think just some random movements would add to the illusion that he is walking.

#6574 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Has anyone mounted Stay Puft on a spring? I would think just some random movements would add to the illusion that he is walking.

Pretty sure he comes stock on a spring.

#6575 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Correct, he is on a spring. Thats how I see him bouncing around a bit when the shaker goes off.

#6576 4 years ago

Hes not on a spring but a metal bracket that lets him bouunce a bit.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 12.52.35 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-07-31 at 12.52.35 PM (resized).png
#6577 4 years ago

Mine is not on a spring. Only the tiefighter is on a spring

#6578 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Only the tiefighter is on a spring

And the world is a better place for it.

#6579 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I see. Perhaps a less stiff spring then, so I see more movement.

#6580 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Any more critique is appreciated. Once again these are resin printed, and are about $15 (which is a GREAT price vs other sites PLA printed mods)[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks cool- 15$ each or set?

#6581 4 years ago

Think of selling my GBLE. Lots mods too.
In great shape. On the fence since new code is coming out (someday)!

Not sure - thoughts on what I should do? Any interest if I sell, PM me. If I sell it will be through Pinside.

550D0BAB-0FCD-429D-B254-75197A6508DF (resized).jpeg550D0BAB-0FCD-429D-B254-75197A6508DF (resized).jpeg4609B0A5-DB9F-416F-A7E3-739D673E12C7 (resized).jpeg4609B0A5-DB9F-416F-A7E3-739D673E12C7 (resized).jpeg
#6582 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Think of selling my GBLE. Lots mods too.
In great shape. On the fence since new code is coming out (someday)!
Not sure - thoughts on what I should do? Any interest if I sell, PM me. If I sell it will be through Pinside.[quoted image][quoted image]

some really cool mods on there. where did you get the subway car and ghost in electric chair?

#6583 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

some really cool mods on there. where did you get the subway car and ghost in electric chair?

Make my own mods - most of the time, including these.

With that said, I think modfather carries subway car (I am sure they got off eBay too); scolary brothers were purchased off of eBay- modified and led lighted.

#6584 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Make my own mods - most of the time, including these.
With that said, I think modfather carries subway car (I am sure they got off eBay too); scolary brothers were purchased off of eBay- modified and led lighted.

well they look great. If you wanted to take them off and sell to me, PM me. thanks

#6585 4 years ago

Few people asked -all these are mods on game (blue circles in picture), plus purchased Doug’s speaker lights and Mezel mods moving StayPuft.

I am sure I missed 1 or 2!

EDIT - missed plastic protectors on Ecto goggles and Right orbit...
EB8B4808-14FB-48A2-9879-763EB710B6F0 (resized).jpegEB8B4808-14FB-48A2-9879-763EB710B6F0 (resized).jpeg

#6586 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

well they look great. If you wanted to take them off and sell to me, PM me. thanks

Ok will do if I sell and depending on others thoughts.

#6587 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Few people asked -all these are mods on game (blue circles in picture), plus purchased Doug’s speaker lights and Mezel mods moving StayPuft.
I am sure I missed 1 or 2!
EDIT - missed plastic protectors on Ecto goggles and Right orbit...
[quoted image]

You need to be making and selling these!!

#6588 4 years ago

Just picked up a fairly stock GB Premium (had shaker and air ball protectors, but nothing else). Now in the process of tweaking and dialing in. Color DMD installed last night, which looks awesome.

I’m curious if there’s currently a recommended fix for the Slimer rub. I tried searching through the thread (add a couple washers and/or hike up the cable), but I couldn’t find any definitive, “yes, this is it!”

Thanks

#6589 4 years ago

anyone have a center post available? Just joined the club (LE) awaiting the code update which hopefully will be awesome and would like to have one. I have the rest of the kit but not center post.

#6590 4 years ago

just posting here as was brought up in the JP@ thread and the GB Code thread as people are saying the gap is larger than Trudeau's typical flipper gap.

Flipper Gap Myth Solved as a few years ago, as I had a quick discussion with Trudeau which started when we discussed the Snackbar mod I did for his designed game CFTBL

- The Flipper gap is a result of the flipper post placement & the angle of the flippers
- Stern's standard flipper post placement is 7" hole centres
- Trudeau's stanard signature flipper post placement is 7 1/8" hole centres on all games
- GB has the same flipper post placement is 7 1/8" hole centres
- what makes the flipper gap larger is how the flippers were angled lower than the inlane guides angle

2 Solutions
- lift the flippers so the front face / rubber are inline with the inlane feed rails which brings the game's flipper similar to all his other games
- add carrots or even my quick swap out flippers which both are 1/8" longer which then narrows up the gap to narrower than a standard Stern

I recommend the 1st option and it only makes you a better player, hope that helps

#6591 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

just posting here as was brought up in the JP@ thread and the GB Code thread as people are saying the gap is larger than Trudeau's typical flipper gap.
Flipper Gap Myth Solved as a few years ago I had a quick discussion with Trudeau which started when we discussed the Snackbar mod I did for his designed game CFTBL
- The Flipper gap is a result of the flipper post placement & the angle of the flippers
- Trudeau's stanard signature flipper post placement is 7 1/8" hole centres on all games
- what makes the flipper gap larger is how the flippers were angled lower than the inlane guides angle
2 Solutions
- lift the flippers so the front face / rubber are inline with the inlane feed rails which brings the game's flipper similar to all his other games
- add carrots or even my quick swap out flippers which both are 1/8" longer which then narrows up the gap to narrower than a standard Stern
I recommend the 1st option and it only makes you a better player, hope that helps

Thanks for that explanation. On the second option, would you angle the carrots to the center of the playfield holes or higher (as with option 1) to match the inlane rails?

#6592 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Thanks for that explanation. On the second option, would you angle the carrots to the center of the playfield holes or higher (as with option 1) to match the inlane rails?

personally align with the inlane rails

early gb's were heavily lowered and then a year later the flippers were lifted to just under alignment with the inlane guides

#6593 4 years ago

Listed for sale:

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Up for sale is a low play Ghostbusters Limited Edition. I am in the hunt for another LE machine so this one must go. If I had unlimited cash it would stay (especially with new CODE...”
2019-08-01
Saukville, WI
7,900 (OBO)
Archived after: 12 days
Viewed: 596 times

#6594 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Flipper Gap Myth Solved as a few years ago, as I had a quick discussion with Trudeau which started when we discussed the Snackbar mod I did for his designed game CFTBL
2 Solutions

Not sure I understand solution 1?

Loosen flipper bat and angle it down? Not sure how it reduces gap. any pics?

#6595 4 years ago

Well I'm back in the club! Bought NIB premium when it was first released and I'm back now with an LE.

After opening many since GB, I forgot just how much Stern packed into this game. Wow. And with so many games no longer having assets from the movie this game really stands out now.

I'm back for 1 reason though and that's the code update. It's coming and I'm fine holding on until then. I have a feeling the code is going to be insane and turn this into a walking dead scenario where it totally turned the game around and GB is going to blow up in price bc it really has everything else.

Has a lot of mods already and I just added color dmd, walking SPMM, colored balls and lighted scoops. Love those.

20190801_234700 (resized).jpg20190801_234700 (resized).jpg20190801_234712 (resized).jpg20190801_234712 (resized).jpg20190801_234801 (resized).jpg20190801_234801 (resized).jpg
#6596 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Well I'm back in the club! Bought NIB premium when it was first released and I'm back now with an LE.
After opening many since GB, I forgot just how much Stern packed into this game. Wow. And with so many games no longer having assets from the movie this game really stands out now.
I'm back for 1 reason though and that's the code update. It's coming and I'm fine holding on until then. I have a feeling the code is going to be insane and turn this into a walking dead scenario where it totally turned the game around and GB is going to blow up in price bc it really has everything else.
Has a lot of mods already and I just added color dmd, walking SPMM, colored balls and lighted scoops. Love those.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet! Welcome Back!

Not sure if you know about Swinks "upgraded" target brackets, but I'd highly suggest getting some:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

They seem to solve 99% of the air balls from the targets on either side of the left ramp. So, no need for an unsightly plastic air ball protector.

#6597 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Not sure I understand solution 1?
Loosen flipper bat and angle it down? Not sure how it reduces gap. any pics?

loosen the flipper clamp under the playfield and ensure the front of the bat / rubber run parrellel with the inlane guide. It helps to make some of the shots easier to shoot and when it the up position it the gap is a fraction closer - just try it.

#6598 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

loosen the flipper clamp under the playfield and ensure the front of the bat / rubber run parrellel with the inlane guide. It helps to make some of the shots easier to shoot and when it the up position it the gap is a fraction closer - just try it.

I tried this about a year ago and switched back.

Pros:
Solves ‘flipper gap’ issue
Ramps are back-handable
Looks more like regular pinball vs. droopy flippers

Cons:
You need to relearn *every* shot in the game
The flippers were meant to be aligned like that from the factory, so you’re altering how it’s supposed to play

I encourage anyone to try it out, and maybe they’ll keep it. For me, the game played too differently.

#6599 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Has a lot of mods already and I just added color dmd, walking SPMM, colored balls and lighted scoops. Love those.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you go LCD or LED ?

#6600 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

They seem to solve 99% of the air balls from the targets on either side of the left ramp. So, no need for an unsightly plastic air ball protector.

Big call regarding 99%
tbh maybe around 90% as there are still balls lifting from the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 132 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/132 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.