IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 250.
#6501 4 years ago

Applying for membership now - will get my GBpro next sunday!

#6502 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Are Stern Ghostbuster toppers still available anywhere?? Can't seem to locate one..
Thanks, Martin

I know that Charlie at Joystix in Houston has one. Give him a call. He has one on top of a pro in his showroom.

#6503 4 years ago

I damaged the plastic sitting on top of the ecto goggles during a modding mishap. Stern sent me a new one, but I’m not sure how to install it properly. Does anyone know what type of riveting tool would work best and what type of rivets these things use? Is taking apart the ecto goggles for this job (just cosmetic) more trouble than it’s worth?

#6504 4 years ago

No one talking about what Dwight talked about on the GOT stream? Where are all the Dwight is lazy / has no passion / doesn't care people at?

#6505 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

No one talking about what Dwight talked about on the GOT stream? Where are all the Dwight is lazy / has no passion / doesn't care people at?

Yesterday was very encouraging. I couldn't watch much of the gameplay on the new GOT code, but I was able to catch all of the updates talked about in the beginning. If GB is a bigger update than GOT, as mentioned, that will be pretty exciting. I just want a balanced scoring game, with a few ways to do well. I look forward to seeing what Dwight has come up with for a game and layout that I really enjoy.

#6506 4 years ago

After listening to Dwight yesterday I am again excited for this game.
Super nice changes on GoT and GB is supposed to be even larger.
Sign me up.

#6507 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Link pls

#6508 4 years ago

Dwight starts talking about the GB code update right here. Top Men are working on it!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/453279905?t=00h03m20s

#6509 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

He will go from zero to hero in the blink of an eye when the GB code comes out. Funny how that works isnt it?

#6510 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Dwight starts talking about the GB code update right here. Top Men are working on it!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/453279905?t=00h03m20s

Thanks very much for the link. Good news indeed. Now does this change my impressions of Dwight. A little. Tell me why could he not say he will be working on an update? Last I heard on a video (I think) was gb was pretty much done, final wiza d mode was never on the agenda etc etc. Now such words do not instill confidence in a person. What was so hard to say an update will happen, I'm busy, got will be first from the beginning? My sincere answer to this is because it wasn't scheduled, and possibly the pressure from forums like this has brought about such a back flip. Who knows?it could have been handled better.

#6511 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Thanks very much for the link. Good news indeed. Now does this change my impressions of Dwight. A little. Tell me why could he not say he will be working on an update? Last I heard on a video (I think) was gb was pretty much done, final wiza d mode was never on the agenda etc etc. Now such words do not instill confidence in a person. What was so hard to say an update will happen, I'm busy, got will be first from the beginning? My sincere answer to this is because it wasn't scheduled, and possibly the pressure from forums like this has brought about such a back flip. Who knows?it could have been handled better.

My guess would be because he was on other work. Munsters was the priority. I think its cool that the company is giving some of their guys time to go back and work some of these games and give them some love. Sure there are bugs and holes in GB, but its still fun. If they make it more fun and complete then that is great news. The GOT update looks very nice. That signals well for the GB update. Dwight has put out some fun stuff. Don't let the negativity take over man!

#6512 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

My guess would be because he was on other work. Munsters was the priority. I think its cool that the company is giving some of their guys time to go back and work some of these games and give them some love. Sure there are bugs and holes in GB, but its still fun. If they make it more fun and complete then that is great news. The GOT update looks very nice. That signals well for the GB update. Dwight has put out some fun stuff. Don't let the negativity take over man!

I agree gb code is good as is, but if an update is on offer then even better

#6513 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I think this is a change in direction for the better, but it is funny how everyone seems to have forgotten everything that's been said over the last 30 months. I hope the update is great and I give them credit for finally addressing it, but I still feel like this whole thing has been handled terribly.

#6514 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He will go from zero to hero in the blink of an eye when the GB code comes out. Funny how that works isnt it?

Sometimes your the windshield, sometimes your the bug. Dwight has been the "Bug" in some people's eyes for awhile. That's about to change. IMHO

#6515 4 years ago

Alright, I'm officially in! GBpro arrived today. Just installed the shaker, ColorDMD next week.

#6516 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Alright, I'm officially in! GBpro arrived today. Just installed the shaker, ColorDMD next week.

Awesome! I got mine a few weeks ago. The game is brutal but lots of fun.

#6517 4 years ago

Indeed! Let‘s see what the new firmware brings... (in probably another 30 months or so)

#6518 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

If nothing else, having the shaker motor going when the building explodes at the beginning of storage facility multi ball is really cool.

#6519 4 years ago

Did you order the Shapeways.com angled targets? I am getting my Pro in a week and am about to begin ordering some mods. These targets, the outlane guards and the color DMD are must buys.
LED or LCD ??

#6520 4 years ago

My GB came with the upgrade from Pinball universe in Germany (the machine was originally bought there), so I‘m good with the posts.

As for the ColorDMD: LED for sure! Better colors and 50 bucks less expensive.

#6521 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Last I heard on a video (I think) was gb was pretty much done... Now such words do not instill confidence in a person.

Quoted from embryon:

I agree gb code is good as is

Hahaha. Uh...

And no, this forum had nothing to do with anything. Dwight was busy. The trope that he is lazy and doesn't care is complete bullshit. He worked on SW, then Munsters, then went back to GOT and is now going back to GB.

I want the update as bad as anyone else but the sense of entitlement gets to be a lot. Stern is under no obligation to tell us their engineer's schedules or anything at all really.

#6522 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Hahaha. Uh...
And no, this forum had nothing to do with anything. Dwight was busy. The trope that he is lazy and doesn't care is complete bullshit. He worked on SW, then Munsters, then went back to GOT and is now going back to GB.
I want the update as bad as anyone else but the sense of entitlement gets to be a lot. Stern is under no obligation to tell us their engineer's schedules or anything at all really.

So saying "I didn't promise a final wizard mode" and "the coding is done as far as I'm concerned" should be taken as sorry I'm busy with other projects and will try to get back to it as soon as I can? Am I missing something between the lines here? Personally I can go an update or not but people here wanted possible scenarios of why a code update is taking so long. So I gave a possible reason. If gb didn't get an update, there'd be a bit of flack because it is nowhere near finished. Now Mr Sullivan has come out and said there is an update coming, things will settle down. But I'm somewhat dubious on whether he wasn't pushed ever so little by people higher up.

For me he writes good code, will I buy another title he does the software, no. Why, because of the total disregard he had towards his fans by saying "I didn't promise anything" crap. There's ways to fob people off in a nicer fashion.

BTW I don't think kiss would have got an update without a little push from public criticism.

#6523 4 years ago

The community feedback provided to Stern on Pinside, at shows, and on Sterns Facebook page over the past 30 months has definitely had an impact on the code update. Without it I would have expected a minor update, most bug fixes, but nothing on the large scale that we have now heard it will be.

If the community had no impact we wouldn't have heard Dwight making comments in the GOT code stream such as "let's address the elephant in the room". I'm just happy Stern is trying to make owners happy with this update by going all out with it.

#6524 4 years ago

GB was my last new in box....I will not buy a Stern again untill code is finished. Just because I want them to take care. You can not deliver such an expensive machine without the proper code. They need to learn that. They fixed BM66 beacuse that was even more awfull, they fixed now GoT, I did not know if that had any issues. They will need to fix GB.

#6525 4 years ago

I've found GB to be lots of fun, even with the old code. Of course new code would be great! But playing Munsters, Iron Maiden, Deadpool broke down any of my resistance to buying a new Stern

#6526 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

My GB came with the upgrade from Pinball universe in Germany (the machine was originally bought there), so I‘m good with the posts.
As for the ColorDMD: LED for sure! Better colors and 50 bucks less expensive.

I prefer lcd by a mile.

#6527 4 years ago

Why?

#6528 4 years ago

Prediction: When the GB code drops, there will be 4 GBLE WTB ads.

#6529 4 years ago

Is my GB‘s clock supposed to keep it‘s time when the system is powered off? What‘s wrong if it doesn‘t?

#6530 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Is my GB‘s clock supposed to keep it‘s time when the system is powered off? What‘s wrong if it doesn‘t?

Dead battery?

#6531 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Why, because of the total disregard he had towards his fans by saying "I didn't promise anything" crap.

He never said that. He said he made a mistake with the rules card and AYAG was never actually designed or meant to be implemented *originally*. What else do you want him to say? How is brutal honesty disregard for fans?

#6532 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

If gb didn't get an update, there'd be a bit of flack because it is nowhere near finished.

Quoted from PeterG:

You can not deliver such an expensive machine without the proper code. They need to learn that. They fixed BM66 because that was even more awful, they fixed now GoT, I did not know if that had any issues. They will need to fix GB.

Another tired trope is that GB 1.13 code is somehow totally broken and unplayable... zzzzzzz

#6533 4 years ago

I love the ability to change modes. On GB and other cartoonish games, I like hi res. I sometimes change it up and switch to dotsxl.

#6534 4 years ago

Interesting how preferences matter. I actually prefer the typical DMD look and the mich brighter, more vibrant colors of the LED.

#6535 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Interesting how preferences matter. I actually prefer the typical DMD look and the mich brighter, more vibrant colors of the LED.

That's what makes the world go 'round

#6536 4 years ago

Once we get the new code update...assuming that its going to be as good as we think it is, there will be a mad rush on to buy GB games and this games popularity will skyrocket!

#6537 4 years ago

Will they do an extra run to fill newfound demand?

#6538 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Will they do an extra run to fill newfound demand?

I believe so if the license will allow it.

#6539 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I believe so if the license will allow it.

Everything is negotiable. Licenses can be extended or renewed.

#6540 4 years ago

About 40 miles from me, any thoughts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/81426

#6541 4 years ago

Depends on how many plays it has and if it has one of the playfields that are suspect or not. If it does i personally wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Price could be a little lower as well i believe. I only paid 6800 for mine brand new..

#6542 4 years ago

It’s close enough to take a look. Definitely check out the inserts for ghosting and the cabinet for cracks. With everything perfect, $6800 is still too high. Sub $6500 is fair.

Good luck!

#6543 4 years ago

As we all wait for awesome (hopefully) new code to drop, I thought I'd mention my great experience with adding a PinWoofer sub and amp to the cabinet. The bass is clean and deep and really makes the game pop. I had an external sub for a while, but the sound is really improved with the PinWoofer kit. Installation is pretty straightforward, and Dan ("PinWoofer" on Pinside) is fantastic to deal with. Dan also offers a backbox speaker/amp kit, which has been incredible on my Metallica. If you have the stock backbox speakers, that kit will make an enormous difference. I already had Flipper Fidelity speakers on GB which sound pretty good (though not as good as the PinWoofer kit), so I left those as is.

I was concerned about drawing too much power from the Spike boards, but Dan includes a converter for the 48v power supply in the backbox which works perfectly and avoids drawing power from the boards. The only issue I had was annoying vibrations in the cab from the increased bass, but anti-vibration tape on the glass pretty much resolved that. Happy flipping!

#6544 4 years ago

Is it possible to retrofit the interaktive Ecto Goggels found in GB premium into a GBpro?

#6545 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Is it possible to retrofit the interaktive Ecto Goggels found in GB premium into a GBpro?

this would be cool if possible.

#6546 4 years ago

The shaker was easy, so why not?

#6547 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

The shaker was easy, so why not?

I think you'd need the board to drive it also and the premium software. It's not plug and play like the shaker. The Ecto glasses are neat but aren't all that.

#6548 4 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

The Ecto glasses are neat but aren't all that.

I'm hoping they are used more effectively in the new code.

#6549 4 years ago

I enjoy playing the game as is for the most part, but really hoping the new code is a massive increase in content a la the way Game of Thrones has evolved since initial release. They should be putting in the equivalent of about 7 or 8 updates seeing as how much time has passed without a single update.
So many people dog on GB but I’m really believing Stern is gonna deliver a huge update that changes their minds. Stay positive fellow GB owners!

#6550 4 years ago

i'm with you. i think they will deliver on a massive code overall. i like the game a lot. recently got it. passed on BK, MB, and ST to get it. don't regret that either. the one thing i would change is the scoring. sort of lop sided. maybe they should take out the sequence of the missions too. to me, it's a fun game, always has been. it is challenging, but that is what home games are for.

i've heard a lot of people rip the difficulty of the right side ramp from left flipper. it is a tough shot for sure, but it can be done with skills and sometimes luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.95
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,483 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/131?hl=exeter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.