B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 250.
#6351 4 years ago

Who sells slime that covers the slimer mech?

#6352 4 years ago

Zombie Yeti confirmed that code is coming

5A340418-D908-4B05-B3C3-6899CBE12853 (resized).png5A340418-D908-4B05-B3C3-6899CBE12853 (resized).png
#6353 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Zombie Yeti confirmed that code is coming[quoted image]

Stern State of Union said months ago it was coming. Who you gonna call?
If there's something weird
And it don't look good…

#6354 4 years ago

GB has been like the girl in college that everyone told me to stay away from but I couldn’t help myself. I keep feeling the pull of this title , but resisting the temptation so far. A code update might be the thing that moves me to ask her out on a date!

#6355 4 years ago

you only live once GO FOR IT!

#6356 4 years ago

You sound like my frat brother that was always drunk and flunked out his sophomore year.... I loved those guys!

#6357 4 years ago

I've owned quite a few titles over the years and GB is still top of my list. Even if code update never came it is still a title worth owning. Great theme, beautiful machine, great sound, great call outs, fun to shoot (once you get it dialed in to your liking)

#6358 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

I've owned quite a few titles over the years and GB is still top of my list. Even if code update never came it is still a title worth owning. Great theme, beautiful machine, great sound, great call outs, fun to shoot (once you get it dialed in to your liking)

Is there a tutorial? Just picked one up. Hoping to get non Pinheads to play it.

Adding a few mods. Wish I could find a cheaper walking stay Puff mod

#6359 4 years ago

You two guys own Pros. I first thought Premium because of the cool extras but it doesn’t seem to be the shooter that the Pro looks like. I have only played a dozen games on the Premium. Why do you like the Pro?

#6360 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

You two guys own Pros. I first thought Premium because of the cool extras but it doesn’t seem to be the shooter that the Pro looks like. I have only played a dozen games on the Premium. Why do you like the Pro?

I got a pro because after playing both, I just thought it shot smoother and faster. After getting it, I don't have the problems to deal with like Slimer getting caught in the cityscape over the pops and ball getting stuck in the subway. I know you can fix them, but for me, I just didn't think those with the ecto goggles justified the extra expense. Just my opinion and what I like. Everyone is different.

#6361 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

GB is a game where the Premium is worth the extra money. If you can afford the Premium, it is the same game, just a lot of worthwhile extras.

#6362 4 years ago

Zombie Yeti confirmed that code is coming[quoted image]

Is this a recent comment or the one from months ago?

#6363 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Is this a recent comment or the one from months ago?

It’s from two days ago. He seems really excited about it but isn’t allowed to say much. Bring on the epic update Stern! Cmon!

#6364 4 years ago

It’s from two days ago. He seems really excited about it but isn’t allowed to say much. Bring on the epic update Stern! Cmon!

What else would be say? It's a game he worked on and Stern has been saying for 2 and a half years that they're going to update the code. I actually find it kind of infuriating that he implies that he knows more but isn't allowed to say. Like after two and a half years, what are they supposedly hiding about a code update that they can't reveal? It would make everyone feel better if they gave an estimated delivery date and some details on what to expect, but instead they say the same thing they've been saying for years and act like it has to be some big secret. I think the real secret is that they're just waiting out the clock.

#6365 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

GB is a game where the Premium is worth the extra money. If you can afford the Premium, it is the same game, just a lot of worthwhile extras.

Not seeing worth while extras.
Not a fan of magnet slings
Ecto goggles are cool but not enough to justify the price difference
The pro offers the same game play
Pro cab nicer looking than premium.
Virtual ball loc is just fine with me.
And up and down slimer is all I need.

#6366 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

I agree with most of this. I do like the art on both and like the ramps better on the Premium/LE. That left ramp feels great. I really don't like the magnaslings though.

#6367 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What else would be say? It's a game he worked on and Stern has been saying for 2 and a half years that they're going to update the code. I actually find it kind of infuriating that he implies that he knows more but isn't allowed to say. Like after two and a half years, what are they supposedly hiding about a code update that they can't reveal? It would make everyone feel better if they gave an estimated delivery date and some details on what to expect, but instead they say the same thing they've been saying for years and act like it has to be some big secret. I think the real secret is that they're just waiting out the clock.

I'm still glad he's saying it. There are people that I simply don't trust at Stern. Zombie Yeti is not one of those people.

#6368 4 years ago

Maybe they are waiting for assets from the 3rd movie

#6369 4 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Maybe they are waiting for assets from the 3rd movie

Lol I hope not as the 3rd movie hasn't event started filming yet and none of the original actors are confirmed. This update needs to happen soon!

I appreciate what ZombiYeti said but he also said a similar comment months ago. Either the update is currently being worked on or he has just heard "it's coming" which from Stern may mean "Ghostbusters update remains in our schedule".

#6370 4 years ago

Anyone have their motor not act correct...sometimes resets when game boots other times stays down....I did Slimer test hand half the time it fails. It will say motor moving to sw 33 or 34 then eventually it fails.

I have a working GB pin next to it that I am shopping and that motor works perfect passes test no matter how I try and confuse it with pushing sw 33 or 34...So Im not sure if I should start with a Pinball life motor at $70 and swap or if I should get the assembly which has all hardware switches and conn where it would be a plug n play fix. Problem has to be motor, switches (which register) or the board that controls it.

#6371 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

They're an awesome, innovative feature that meshes well with the "ghostly" theme of the machine.

Quoted from freddy:

Nope. Strongly disagree. Between the pro and prem/LE are totally different animals. Your left ramp is SS instead of plastic, it's STEEPER than the pro (by a long shot), right ramp is a whore to hit whereas on the pro, it's a lot easier to nail consistently.

Quoted from freddy:

Art is subjective; Not a fan myself of the virtual ball lock. Only upside to it, virtual ball locks add to the flow.

#6372 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Nope. Strongly disagree. Between the pro and prem/LE are totally different animals. Your left ramp is SS instead of plastic, it's STEEPER than the pro (by a long shot), right ramp is a whore to hit whereas on the pro, it's a lot easier to nail consistently.

I agree with you. Ive owned both. Sold my pro for an LE. I agree, 2 different games. Both great. I prefer the premium and to me, its worth the upgrade. Magna slings are so unpredictable and make it seem as if a Ghost is controlling them.

#6373 4 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

You left out the subway ramp, storage facility, library, etc.

GB is a Stern where you get a lot more stuff moving up to the Premium.

#6374 4 years ago

GB down to one last problem...My P-K-E insert leds at the top are not lighting. Is this what Node failure looks like? I have a fully working GB next to it so I swapped the little led board that they plug into but they still dont light....Hard to follow manual but I trade the 3 leds to the small board then to 8D and then I think to Node 8. Is there a way to check node 8 or do you just replace?

#6375 4 years ago

Daydreaming here, but if Stern one day decided to adapt the machine into the Spike2 format with LCD and made the new run of playfields with proper flipper gap/sling angles, this game would probably their best game ever. One can dream!

#6376 4 years ago

Just looking at it on the first picture (whole playfield) wants me to go and play it
What agreat looking game ey gyus

Quoted from Lamprey:

Join the club on Saturday!
Picked up a nice Premium from pinsider 85Txaggie.
[quoted image]
Question about the red light in the back of the middle newton ball. Are people changing anything about it? Mine seems to be kinda in your face. I think a quick fix would be to put a bulb condom on it, but was wondering if mine is bent or misaligned or something as I don't recall it being like that on location...?
[quoted image]

#6377 4 years ago

It is pure ignorance and arrogance from Stern but more so from Dweight
Layman takes pride in his work. Dweight obviously could not care less.
I would have sacked him long ago. There are many better code designers out there.

Quoted from desertT1:

One more work day left in the year to get some 2018 love. Amazing how it was teased in Oct 2017, and then all of 2018 happened with nothing. Seeing all of the updates that have happened this year, just in December alone, this is now nothing more but a bad joke.
This game is going back to my main location very soon, and hopefully an update will shortly follow. So much potential in the theme and layout, hopefully code gets finished off soon.

#6378 4 years ago
Quoted from miga:

It is pure ignorance and arrogance from Stern but more so from Dweight
Layman takes pride in his work. Dweight obviously could not care less.
I would have sacked him long ago. There are many better code designers out there.

Can we stop this ignorant meme. If you think this, I am pretty sure you have never spoken to Dwight in your life. Stop the personal attacks on him. You can complain about the business unit and the decisions they make. You can complain about Gomez, as the person accountable for those business decisions.

#6379 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Can we stop this ignorant meme. If you think this, I am pretty sure you have never spoken to Dwight in your life. Stop the personal attacks on him. You can complain about the business unit and the decisions they make. You can complain about Gomez, as the person accountable for those business decisions.

Did you watch the Dwight interview? He pretty much thinks GB is in good shape.

#6380 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I guess you mixed things up.
We can't complain about Gomez at all, since he is the guy which was always honest and did confirm GB needs an update, since its not done.
However we can complain about Dwight, since he stated in an interview he considers GB to be done.

#6381 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

We can't complain about Gomez at all, since he is the guy which was always honest and did confirm GB needs an update, since its not done.
However we can complain about Dwight, since he stated in an interview he considers GB to be done.

I was in at a seminar on designing a wizard mode with Dwight as he was rolling off of Ghostbusters to work on his next game (which now know was Star Wars). He was clearly had ideas and wishes for Ghostbusters, but he was also content with the code. If the game never got another code update, we was ok with that. The company line was the game was done. I love this game, and even if it never get's another update I am happy and not selling it.

Gomez made the promise Ghostbusters was in the schedule after Star Wars was done and made the decision to communicate that. He made the decision (or is at least accountable for the decision) to put Dwight on Munsters and delay a Ghostbusters update.

I have seen him talk and watched interviews. He is super passionate about pinball. Super creative and cares about delivering great experiences. The repeated BS stories that he is just their for a paycheck and doesn't care about his work and doesn't care about pinball is unfounded. Criticize the his rules choices, or the bugs in the code all you want. Leave the BS personal attacks on his character and work ethic out of it.

#6382 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I was in at a seminar on designing a wizard mode with Dwight as he was rolling off of Ghostbusters to work on his next game (which now know was Star Wars). He was clearly had ideas and wishes for Ghostbusters, but he was also content with the code. If the game never got another code update, we was ok with that. The company line was the game was done. I love this game, and even if it never get's another update I am happy and not selling it.
Gomez made the promise Ghostbusters was in the schedule after Star Wars was done and made the decision to communicate that. He made the decision (or is at least accountable for the decision) to put Dwight on Munsters and delay a Ghostbusters update.
I have seen him talk and watched interviews. He is super passionate about pinball. Super creative and cares about delivering great experiences. The repeated BS stories that he is just their for a paycheck and doesn't care about his work and doesn't care about pinball is unfounded. Criticize the his rules choices, or the bugs in the code all you want. Leave the BS personal attacks on his character and work ethic out of it.

Good to know. I never personally attacked him since I don't know him in person. I was just referring to his statement he gave in this podcast. Wich did sound like we won't see big changes more likely just bug fixes.

Whatever I just hope Stern gets the problems sorted out. This whole GB update delay and SW topper delay is way beyond ridiculous.

#6383 4 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I call BS
If Dwight really cares then he would've had the code for GB completed over a year ago.
He'll only work on it when and if he's paid to do so.

#6384 4 years ago

I wouldn't work off the clock either, it's pretty much Gary sterns fought. In his eyes there is no more money to be made on this game so to him he thinks who cares. Theres other pinball companies out there, quit supporting a company that does not care about there customers.

#6385 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I call BS
If Dwight really cares then he would've had the code for GB completed over a year ago.
He'll only work on it when and if he's paid to do so.

Wow, you mean like a job? What is it the Joker said again..?

#6386 4 years ago

“......I’m a smoker, I’m a midnight toker”. I think that’s what he said.

#6387 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Wow, you mean like a job? What is it the Joker said again..?

pride in your work and current effort in a project can mean more than a job to some.

#6388 4 years ago

one of the coolest pin inventions ever

i never had drains out of them in1000 maybe 2 max

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here, i LOVE them!

#6389 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

GB down to one last problem...My P-K-E insert leds at the top are not lighting. Is this what Node failure looks like? I have a fully working GB next to it so I swapped the little led board that they plug into but they still dont light....Hard to follow manual but I trade the 3 leds to the small board then to 8D and then I think to Node 8. Is there a way to check node 8 or do you just replace?

Found issue the left drop/stand up LEd board. Looks like it carries the signal from Node board. Now I need to find cheapest place to buy one. Looks like only Marco carries them. Anybody have a cheaper place to buy stern boards. Pinball life does not carry it.

#6390 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

pride in your work and current effort in a project can mean more than a job to some.

He seems pretty proud of the work he did in the allotted time provided for the project. Curious what your measure of effort is based on.

#6391 4 years ago

I don’t need to know him personally to know that he doesn’t care. I saw him in that interview that’s enough.
Layman can do it so why can’t he?
Ever thought about that?

The game has heaps of bugs. Thats the main problem. I talked to a Pinball Pro who plays professional Pinball tournaments. He said they can’t really play it because of certain bugs.
I don’t even care if it gets a final mode or not. But the bugs have to be fixed and the balancing of points as well.
You obviously don’t know the game well enough if you make statements like this.
I commend you for defending Dwight but sorry, we are not talking about a 1000.- game.
Ghostbusters can easily be one of the best games out there and I love the game. It’s just not finished.
Let’s hope we are all proven wrong and they do what they are supposed to.

Quoted from imharrow:

#6392 4 years ago

Added some Rock pinball undercab lighting to my GB pin and my friends. Really well done and look great. Prices are reasonable too. You can adjust colors but I went with slime green look

#6393 4 years ago

Does anybody else have a problem with balls coming out of the shooter lane with out shooting it.?

Automatically just shoots it between players .

#6394 4 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

Does anybody else have a problem with balls coming out of the shooter lane with out shooting it.?

Need more info...the shooter just fires right away? Or just launches a ball randomly? The shooter lane will fire when a ball is sitting there because the switch tells the coil to fire....The problem sounds like the trough switches could not be registering....start with correct number of balls then a trough switch test for a flaky switch?

#6395 4 years ago
Quoted from vassq:

Could be a stuck switch somewhere, or perhaps just needing a tiny bit of adjustment. The vibration of the trough kicking the next ball into the shooter lane could be triggering a leaf switch somewhere on the game, which causes the game to think the ball is now in play, and then sees its in the shooter lane, so will end up auto launching it back into play.

Put the game in switch test mode and jostle the machine around a little bit and see if something is registering as too sensitive, or do a gentle touch test of all the targets/switches, might help you narrow in on the problem.

#6396 4 years ago

He seems pretty proud of the work he did in the allotted time provided for the project. Curious what your measure of effort is based on.

It's not a matter of what is allotted if like your job. If you know the job you have done is not finished but the clock has stopped, well if that's ok to call it quits in your opinion then I know who I'm dealing with. You must clock on clock off for a living, I'm on salary. I'm sure Lyman didn't get paid extra for the last few updates. Maybe he did them because he played his product and listened to the public and realised it needed some tweeking. Or maybe he should have said, "I never promised a wizard mode" and should have omitted EOL from the code. Hell you would have, wouldn't you? I think Dwight should have stopped at 1.00 isn't that his major aim with titles after gb. Very inspiring stuff.

#6397 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

It's not a matter of what is allotted if like your job. If you know the job you have done is not finished but the clock has stopped, well if that's ok to call it quits in your opinion then I know who I'm dealing with. You must clock on clock off for a living, I'm on salary. I'm sure Lyman didn't get paid extra for the last few updates. Maybe he did them because he played his product and listened to the public and realised it needed some tweeking. Or maybe he should have said, "I never promised a wizard mode" and should have omitted EOL from the code. Hell you would have, wouldn't you? I think Dwight should have stopped at 1.00 isn't that his major aim with titles after gb. Very inspiring stuff.

I am salary as well and often find it hard to "clock out", but I aware there are people who can leave work at the end of the day and completely turn that part of their brain off. Others can't.

#6398 4 years ago

I am salary as well and often find it hard to "clock out", but I aware there are people who can leave work at the end of the day and completely turn that part of their brain off. Others can't.

Then you know why I think (not know) Dwight does pretty much bare minimum. There is another coder I feel is absolutely lazy but that's another story. I wish Dwight had the fire in his belly for the hobby like Lyman because gb would be amazing. Dwight is a better coder to Lyman, but Lyman finishes a game to a high standard

#6399 4 years ago

Working on a custom topper. What do y'all think?

64702604_2500423823335468_1259490148710612992_n (resized).jpg64702604_2500423823335468_1259490148710612992_n (resized).jpg64771881_2500413506669833_4158318320157720576_o (resized).jpg64771881_2500413506669833_4158318320157720576_o (resized).jpg65274085_2500423806668803_1118789193347104768_n (resized).jpg65274085_2500423806668803_1118789193347104768_n (resized).jpg
#6400 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Working on a custom topper. What do y'all think?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really nice i think!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/128?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.