B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 250.
#6301 4 years ago

Stern sent me a new cabinet to replace mine as the front side has completely split open. The recent code hoax thing is really frustrating.

A1B3B46A-6136-4702-862B-1122B477DFCA (resized).jpegA1B3B46A-6136-4702-862B-1122B477DFCA (resized).jpeg
#6302 4 years ago

I'm looking for the Stern Ghostbusters Ecto lights topper. If anyone has onever they would consider selling, please PM me.

#6303 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Bang on! It was the front of the pin, I leveled it and now I only have an occasional drain, everything else goes to the RT flipper. Although there wasn't much of an adjustment the ball definitely shoots harder now as well. That part is odd but play is much better now, thanks!

Curious what side to side adjustments you did. My GB drains way too much in this same way. Really kills the flow of a game when you plunge and it just drains after coming out of the right side of the pop bumpers.
Did you tweak the pitch at all too?
Thanks in advance!

#6304 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Stern sent me a new cabinet to replace mine as the front side has completely split open. The recent code hoax thing is really frustrating.[quoted image]

Can you take a picture of the lock down area - did they use the latest version?

#6305 4 years ago

music city pinball seems to have the topper available...........$499.00

https://musiccitypinball.net/product/ghostbusters-topper/

#6306 4 years ago

I've told you Sullivan works for wages not for passion. Has he released any coding once a game is out of production? Even once the title has run its course in sales? Munsters is on his mind and that's it. Oh except for the next title he can brown nose to the bosses to ensure that gig

#6307 4 years ago

non code related... for any of those with air ball protectors (the ones that run behind slimmer) make sure that when slimmer is pushed backwards he does not hit the protector.

Mine was hitting ever so slightly and the accuracy of my slimmer shots went way down. He would register the soft hits and off center hits but not the bigger ones that count. Even when I was hitting dead on at full power I was not guaranteed that it would fully register.

I ended up taking mine off, covering both sides with painters tape, marking a contour line to gradually remove some of the width in the area behind slimmer and then trimmed it down with a dremmel. Once i got it to where slimmer would clear without hitting, I wet sanded and polished the newly shaved down area and it's good as new. Slimmer shots register as expected every time. It was night and day for what seemed like a very small reduction in travel.

#6308 4 years ago

So my premium today decided it wanted to give me free ghosts, for no reason. If I let the ball sit in the shooter lane,eventually it’ll say 4 ghosts caught and auto plunge my ball. During game play,it just starts handing out 4, 2, 5 random amounts of ghosts, for no reason. I thought it was a stick switch, or overly sensitive switch. But I don’t think so?? I can shake the machine and nothing happens. It’s very random,but every game now starts giving me ghosts at some point. I did switch test,nothing (although not super familiar with how these work,newbie kinda) any ideas what’s going on? I can take a video if that helps. It’s strange. Cause there can be no ghosts lit at all,but it gives me more than 1 at a time usually ?? Help please

#6309 4 years ago

Why can’t I post a video ?

#6310 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Stern sent me a new cabinet to replace mine as the front side has completely split open. The recent code hoax thing is really frustrating.[quoted image]

I hope you put the HD leg braces in it.

#6311 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I did all glow rings from Titan which I shopped my GB. They are perfect IMHO. Looks like the game should have shipped that way, which is the way I like any mods on my games.

Ive changed all the rubbers to glow except one. The large band that wraps around the bottom of the slimer mech....looks like the only way to change it is to take a c clip off and remove rubber and put new one on...Anyone do this or is it not worth the risk/pain?

The glo rubbers do look great.

#6312 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Ive changed all the rubbers to glow except one. The large band that wraps around the bottom of the slimer mech....looks like the only way to change it is to take a c clip off and remove rubber and put new one on...Anyone do this or is it not worth the risk/pain?

I changed that one without removing a c clip. I was able to just contort it around and get it on there.

#6313 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

It's not very hard. Just don't loose that c clip!

#6314 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

It's not very hard. Just don't loose that c clip!

thx. Looking at a GB where the slimer drags the pf....anyone ever adjusted theirs or where I would begin to troubleshoot? Its a new mech that was put on.

#6315 4 years ago

Joined the club last week with a nice HUO premium and have been looking for an official Stern topper all week... search has been frustrating at best.

#6316 4 years ago
Quoted from IonRay:

Joined the club last week with a nice HUO premium and have been looking for an official Stern topper all week... search has been frustrating at best.

Welcome! I'm fairly new as well and lucked out with an LE. I love this theme and this pin.

I would like to bounce around ideas for a DIY topper. The Stern one seems alright but is it worth that kind of money? Does anyone have detailed pics; all sides and possibly the harness and PCB? How complicated is this thing? There are a ton of intelligent pinheads out here.

#6317 4 years ago

see post #6305 above for topper posibility

#6318 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

so you have pics of your old cab? Does the new cab have reinforcements in corners?

#6319 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

That is the Stern one. I was trying to determine if anyone has been thinking about a DIY approach to this. More pics of this one, from all sides along with wiring harness etc... would be a good reference. Interested in other people's thoughts on that.

$500 USD = $669 CDN + tax, comes to $756 + shipping etc... That's a lot a coin for an okay topper.

#6320 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

music city pinball seems to have the topper available...........$499.00
https://musiccitypinball.net/product/ghostbusters-topper/

Holy S*** THANK YOU SO MUCH ! I have been calling distributors left and right to find one over the last month (cue the White Snake). I think I just set a land speed record for placing an order online . Crossing fingers ( and streams) the order processes and ships.

Quoted from dnaman:

That is the Stern one. I was trying to determine if anyone has been thinking about a DIY approach to this. More pics of this one, from all sides along with wiring harness etc... would be a good reference. Interested in other people's thoughts on that.
$500 USD = $669 CDN + tax, comes to $756 + shipping etc... That's a lot a coin for an okay topper.

Take it from me, don't think just buy or you'll find yourself searching through the Internets trying to track one down. You can sell the kidney later...you have 2 of those.

#6321 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Holy S*** THANK YOU SO MUCH ! I have been calling distributors left and right to find one over the last month (cue the White Snake). I think I just set a land speed record for placing an order online . Crossing fingers ( and streams) the order processes and ships.

Take it from me, don't think just buy or you'll find yourself searching through the Internets trying to track one down. You can sell the kidney later...you have 2 of those.

I hope you called first.

I called them a few months ago when I saw it on their site and was politely told sold out and web not up to date.

Ended up scoring one from one of the stern dealers in Chicago.

#6322 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

Emailed them this weekend and was told they no longer have any. Messaged over a dozen dealers and no luck so far.

#6323 4 years ago
Quoted from IonRay:

Emailed them this weekend and was told they no longer have any. Messaged over a dozen dealers and no luck so far.

Sounds like an opportunity for someone to make a nice, reasonably priced GB topper.

I can't remember who did the Iron Man "Stark Industries" one with the pulsating arc reactor a few years back but something innovative and cool like that would likely sell well.

#6324 4 years ago

On a separate note, I'd like to conduct an unofficial poll on the best color dmd for GB: LED or LCD?

I've read arguments for both. Was leaning lcd fir the versatility but not sure I want to deal with the odd fit and extras required to get it installed.

#6325 4 years ago

Here is a Gasket topic: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels

Here is a Clear Window and standoffs: http://shop.colordmd.com/clear-shield-and-mounting-standoffs-for-new-stern-cabinets/

I got mine @vireland and the ColorDMD LCD, Clear Window, and the Gasket worked perfectly. Kudos to his gasket design.

#6326 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Here is a Gasket topic: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels
Here is a Clear Window and standoffs: http://shop.colordmd.com/clear-shield-and-mounting-standoffs-for-new-stern-cabinets/
I got mine @vireland and the ColorDMD LCD, Clear Window, and the Gasket worked perfectly. Kudos to his gasket design.

Thank you. I will read through it. One thing I was wondering is if the color dmd's for GB can be swapped out and used in other Stern Spike games?

If memory serves, they only used Spike 1 for 2-4 pins so wondering if these dmd's would only be compatible with GB and the 2-3 others?

#6327 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Sounds like an opportunity for someone to make a nice, reasonably priced GB topper.
I can't remember who did the Iron Man "Stark Industries" one with the pulsating arc reactor a few years back but something innovative and cool like that would likely sell well.

Laseriffic's GB topper looks pretty cool and costs much less. But dang it... would sure like to have the Stern topper for interactivity.

#6328 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

On a separate note, I'd like to conduct an unofficial poll on the best color dmd for GB: LED or LCD?
I've read arguments for both. Was leaning lcd fir the versatility but not sure I want to deal with the odd fit and extras required to get it installed.

I have seen both and the LED blew me away...it's just so bright and amazing. The LCD is definitely nice too...but yeah, I sent my LCD back for the LED after I realized I had made the mistake ordering the LCD.

#6329 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I just ordered the LCD today for my GB. Have LCD in a few older pins and like it a lot.
Curious to try LED... but not today. Should probably look a bit closer into that gasket.

#6330 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I have seen both and the LED blew me away...it's just so bright and amazing. The LCD is definitely nice too...but yeah, I sent my LCD back for the LED after I realized I had made the mistake ordering the LCD.

Dang, hate reading this just a few hours after ordering LCD!

#6331 4 years ago
Quoted from IonRay:

Don't sweat it, the LCD is very nice...I just can't get over the brightness of the LED. It lights up a room and seeing the Ecto on the LED gave me goosebumps. The LCD delivers a great vibe too.

#6332 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Too many threads on the site for LED versus LCD. I got LCD because it matches my other three LCDs. For me, the LED was too bright and would have looked out of place.

Heck, even ColorDMD has the LED vs. LCD discussion: https://www.colordmd.com/led.html

Three are set to "DotsXL" and the fourth (LOTR) is the "Hires" mode as I think that they did a terriffic job on that one.

IMG_3384 (resized).JPGIMG_3384 (resized).JPG
#6333 4 years ago

I way prefer the LCD over the LED. I’ve owned both and I like the softness and detail of the LCD. The LED is a bit too harsh and doesn’t look great from an angle.

Still, it’s a matter of personal preference.

#6334 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

Don't sweat it, the LCD is very nice...I just can't get over the brightness of the LED. It lights up a room and seeing the Ecto on the LED gave me goosebumps. The LCD delivers a great vibe too.

I have maybe 4 pins with LCD and am a fan, but probably should have ventured out a bit to try the LED on this one.

#6335 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Too many threads on the site for LED versus LCD. I got LCD because it matches my other three LCDs. For me, the LED was too bright and would have looked out of place.
Heck, even ColorDMD has the LED vs. LCD discussion: https://www.colordmd.com/led.html
Three are set to "DotsXL" and the fourth (LOTR) is the "Hires" mode as I think that they did a terriffic job on that one.[quoted image]

Gotta love DotsXL. Hires is a lot of fun as well on some games.

#6336 4 years ago

I totally agree that the LCD is nice too...it's all personal preference. I love the brightness, but this game makes me more excited than it probably should, and the LED feeds into that. In reality, I have played other games that I love the LCD DMD for...it's a case by case basis. I'm going to have a hell of a time picking which to get for my Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure but will probably opt for the LED again.

#6337 4 years ago
Quoted from IonRay:

I did the opposite , had the LED and swapped out for the LCD, more options and i like the look more. Personal choice.

#6338 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I totally agree that the LCD is nice too...it's all personal preference. I love the brightness, but this game makes me more excited than it probably should, and the LED feeds into that. In reality, I have played other games that I love the LCD DMD for...it's a case by case basis. I'm going to have a hell of a time picking which to get for my Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure but will probably opt for the LED again.

I have the LCD for my IJ and would recommend it over led for the reason it has four different settings. I like the solid one for IJ (can't remember what they call that one). That isn't an option on the led.

This is the reason I'm leaning lcd on GB too. I bought an Iron Man that already had a led dmd last year and don't like it as much on that game the lcd solid setting on my IJ & WH2O.

Hoping LED is a lot better on GB.

#6339 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I have the LCD for my IJ and would recommend it over led for the reason it has four different settings. I like the solid one for IJ (can't remember what they call that one). That isn't an option on the led.

This is the reason I'm leaning lcd on GB too. I bought an Iron Man that already had a led dmd last year and don't like it as much on that game the lcd solid setting on my IJ & WH2O.

Hoping LED is a lot better on GB.

I agree with you. I have 3 LCD in my AP, MET and GB. I like that I can make them look like the LED if i choose. I usually put them on Scan which smooths the edges a little. Hires is a little much for me. As for brightness, I wouldnt want them any brighter than they are. I also have a LED in my LAH, only because they dont offer the LCD. It looks great too,but id prefer having the options on the LCD. Thats just my take. To each his own.

#6340 4 years ago

To answer some questions on the new cabinet I received. I wrapped it up to protect it prior to doing my swap so don't have any pics but can tell you that it does have the supports in the upper corners and the new style lockdown bar receiver. I do have the upgraded leg brackets and will be installing.

#6341 4 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Something simple and something that probably doesn’t bother anyone else but I hate the little L brackets that keep the ball from getting stuck. Looks like someone just ran to Lowe’s.
I designed and printed a new bracket to replace it. Only color that I had that goes with the game was green. I will probably pick up some purple as I think it will fit better but I’m happy with the prototype.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks great! How have these held up from ball hits?

Any chance you can share file? I have a 3d printer in the room next to me and he says if you can get file on thingiverse he can print me some.

Thx for any help

#6342 4 years ago

Remember the day you were excited when this game was announced. Remember the day when you got your NIB Ghost Busters. Remember the day you first played it. The feeling of excitement and joy turning to anguish when you realized your game has problems. Slimer dragging his butt and not registering.The extra ghosts in the playfield, your cabinet busting at the seams when you played it and all the flying airballs. The joy of finally getting your game back together after a new playfield and cabinet just in time to have node boards go out. After all of this I still have excitement to play this game but wait, where's the new code? Still on the schedule..... To this day this was my last Stern purchased. Sure there are a few more I wanted to buy. I am not supporting a poor business model by throwing stupid money at it.

Stern give us the code!

#6343 4 years ago

You guys notice how gb prices have been dropping? I can't help but feel like people are giving up on this game because they're losing hope in a decent code update.

#6344 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me if the GB color dmd's are compatible with most of Stern's DMD games or just the pre-LCD monitor Spike games?

#6345 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

You guys notice how gb prices have been dropping? I can't help but feel like people are giving up on this game because they're losing hope in a decent code update.

Im still surprised with all the great minds out there on pinside that can basically create almost anything for these games including new songs, etc that someone can make some basic code changes to finish up a pin.

#6346 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can anyone tell me if the GB color dmd's are compatible with most of Stern's DMD games or just the pre-LCD monitor Spike games?

You can use them in any game, not just Stern. just have to have the correct wiring

#6347 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Im still surprised with all the great minds out there on pinside that can basically create almost anything for these games including new songs, etc that someone can make some basic code changes to finish up a pin.

If they released the source code there's no doubt people would do all kinds of great things with it, but making edits to assets is very different from programming.

#6348 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

If they released the source code there's no doubt people would do all kinds of great things with it, but making edits to assets is very different from programming.

And to do a custom setup with P-roc or FAST boards would be a ground up rewrite of the code, so a huge task.

#6349 4 years ago

I thought I had every mod I needed for my #GB but now I will get these for the legs!

Ok, kidding about that, but I kinda like the “Stay-Pufts”!

A05A779E-9FB1-4901-AC64-0E5A0EAE695E (resized).pngA05A779E-9FB1-4901-AC64-0E5A0EAE695E (resized).pngA71A868C-3911-4BD4-B549-61BEE0FD2635 (resized).pngA71A868C-3911-4BD4-B549-61BEE0FD2635 (resized).png
#6350 4 years ago

Bump. I'm ready to purchase one.

Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

And if Deadpool Code update dropped maybe GB will follow sooncode getting closer?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.