IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 250.
#6201 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

First thing I would check is it running latest code 1.13? There was a software related issue in earlier code versions regarding weak flippers. This could be your problem.

Thx. It’s running 1.11 I’ll investigate more this weekend

#6202 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx. It’s running 1.11 I’ll investigate more this weekend

Good news, they have fixed it after 1.11 so your problem will be solved.
You can download the newest software here https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/ghostbusters-1_13.spk

V1.12 - December 9, 2016
===================================

Fixes:
- pinnode v0.19.8 - Fixed "weak flipper" issue. This bug manifested itself as a
weak flipper
if the flipper EOS switch is working only intermittently during gameplay.

#6203 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thx. Just looked. One of the kits has all glow rings. would love to see pics...

I did all glow rings from Titan which I shopped my GB. They are perfect IMHO. Looks like the game should have shipped that way, which is the way I like any mods on my games.

#6204 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Good news, they have fixed it after 1.11 so your problem will be solved.
You can download the newest software here https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/ghostbusters-1_13.spk
V1.12 - December 9, 2016
===================================
Fixes:
- pinnode v0.19.8 - Fixed "weak flipper" issue. This bug manifested itself as a
weak flipper
if the flipper EOS switch is working only intermittently during gameplay.

Thx. I’ll try it!

#6205 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I did all glow rings from Titan which I shopped my GB. They are perfect IMHO. Looks like the game should have shipped that way, which is the way I like any mods on my games.

So should follow rubber sizes on titan site or manual?

What did you use for post sleeves?

#6206 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Got any pics?

#6207 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Got any pics?

I do somewhere, I'll look for them or I could take a few more. I used the Titan kit and I ended up with extras, but I don't remember being short any rubbers. They are black light reactive too which can make them really stand out if you have any black light LEDs or black lights in your game room.

#6208 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I do somewhere, I'll look for them or I could take a few more. I used the Titan kit and I ended up with extras, but I don't remember being short any rubbers. They are black light reactive too which can make them really stand out if you have any black light LEDs or black lights in your game room.

but if you have no black lights they just look light green?

#6209 4 years ago

I used the purple from Pinball life and they look great, it's a lighter purple and it matches the artwork really well. I went off of the manual and everything was correct.

#6210 4 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I used the purple from Pinball life and they look great, it's a lighter purple and it matches the artwork really well. I went off of the manual and everything was correct.

Perfect Play brand? thx

#6211 4 years ago

Yes

#6212 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

but if you have no black lights they just look light green?

They are a very light green normally. Even without black lights they will get charged by ambient and game lights and glow. When I turn off my GB in my dark game room, the rubbers all are still glowing in the darkness which is always cool to see.

#6213 4 years ago

Anyone find a better / more sensitive micro switch for the right ramp? Bending the metal piece that sets it off either makes it to tough to get over and the ball gets stuck or too easy and the ball goes right over without setting the switch off. It was replaced by the original owner 1 time I think as an attempt to fix it. This would be the metal ball return.

#6214 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

check out the link for a few things, the 4th item along is the metal angle brackets if you are experiencing airballs, the flipper slipper is still in test - waiting on some samples, but there are a few shooter knobs, plunger plates and even a car bracket for over the shooter lane for the ecto

Added 11 days ago: edit:
sorry forgot to post the links
the target brackets
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace
and then all mods, parts, tools etc
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest

Hey, swinks, if the flipper slip works, I am wondering if you can make a longer flipper bat decal to cover the longer flipper.

Like these, http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/road-show/7669/flipper-bat-decals-for-road-show?c=2823

#6215 4 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Hey, swinks, if the flipper slip works, I am wondering if you can make a longer flipper bat decal to cover the longer flipper.
Like these, http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts-by-game/road-show/7669/flipper-bat-decals-for-road-show?c=2823

hey @bent98, I am holding off on getting a shapeways order as am designing a few things to be made all in one go and do in one order as the aussie dollar is crap at the moment. I have some decals like this already and they could possibly just be centred but I won't make any more for the moment until I know these work the way I want and there is demand for these.

#6216 4 years ago

Anyone add undercab lighting or led strip below flippers? Never done this on a spike pin.

#6217 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone add undercab lighting or led strip below flippers? Never done this on a spike pin.

I haven't done those, but I did add a Cobb light strip under the upper train tracks to illuminate the pop bumper area. I was a little nervous about any extra load, but it's been going for about a year and all is good. I just used one of those bulb replacer bases that has an adapter and replaced one of those bulbs along the backboard, so no splicing/hardwiring advice.

#6218 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I haven't done those, but I did add a Cobb light strip under the upper train tracks to illuminate the pop bumper area. I was a little nervous about any extra load, but it's been going for about a year and all is good. I just used one of those bulb replacer bases that has an adapter and replaced one of those bulbs along the backboard, so no splicing/hardwiring advice.

Great. My friend really wants under cab too but worried about messing up a spike board

#6219 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Link to Cobb light strip ? Comet ? Color ? Thx!

#6220 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Link to Cobb light strip ? Comet ? Color ? Thx!

I had it kicking around in my bulb box for a few years, so I cut the wires on one of comets adapter bases and soldered it on. I can’t seem to find it on their site, but I’m pretty sure I got it from comet before they changed hands. Looks like it might be just as bright if you got one of their led strips that already comes with that adapter base. It really brightened up the pops and ya can’t see it at all under the ramp.

#6221 4 years ago

use Comet's Matrix system
screen-capture-9 (resized).pngscreen-capture-9 (resized).png

and patch in to a #44/#47 globe and then hook up various items
https://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1871.htm

#6222 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

use Comet's Matrix system
[quoted image]
and patch in to a #44/#47 globe and then hook up various items
https://www.cometpinball.com/category-s/1871.htm

Yep, that’s the one.

#6223 4 years ago

GB pro is my 2nd best earner ever after Deadpool pro.
Anyone else operating GB too?

#6224 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yep, that’s the one.

I use comet matrix a lot. What color looked good for you in pop bumper area. On most pins I alligator clip matrix. So on spike I’ll use the 44 bulb connector

#6225 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I use comet matrix a lot. What color looked good for you in pop bumper area. On most pins I alligator clip matrix. So on spike I’ll use the 44 bulb connector

I felt there is already enough color and just went with white to brighten up the area.

#6226 4 years ago
IMG_20190520_204355313 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204355313 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204406824 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204406824 (resized).jpg
#6227 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Got any pics?

Here's a pic I found of my game. As you can see the green rubber color matches the green in slimer perfectly.
IMAG2982 (resized).jpgIMAG2982 (resized).jpg

#6228 4 years ago

Hey all,

So still new to my LE and lovin' it. What is frustrating to me is seeing the ball come out of the pops, under the gate, bounce off of the RT orbit rail just enough that the ball come SDTM. WTF!?

I need to order a hanging center post plastic but what else should I be looking at to help?

#6229 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey all,
So still new to my LE and lovin' it. What is frustrating to me is seeing the ball come out of the pops, under the gate, bounce off of the RT orbit rail just enough that the ball come SDTM. WTF!?
I need to order a hanging center post plastic but what else should I be looking at to help?

Level side to side?

#6230 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hey all,

A center post probably won't help that. Center posts only save a ball that is coming directly from the middle. If it's coming off the right rail at an angle that just misses the flipper, it will probably hit the side of the post and slide into the trough.

Leveling and pitch is a better fix.

#6231 4 years ago

Yeah, something is off level because that feed should go straight to the right flipper.

#6232 4 years ago

Thinking about framing up Vigo in a doll house frame to add to the game. I know there are only one or two callouts from Ghostbusters II, plus the river of slime, but it still seems like something pretty iconic from the series that deserves a place in the game.

20190529_204837 (resized).jpg20190529_204837 (resized).jpg

#6233 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Thinking about framing up Vigo in a doll house frame to add to the game. I know there are only one or two callouts from Ghostbusters II, plus the river of slime, but it still seems like something pretty iconic from the series that deserves a place in the game.
[quoted image]

You lost me at "dollhouse frame."

#6234 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

[quoted image]

Always thought it would be cool to replace that image of the cat in the ecto goggles with a Vigo image.

Anyone want to give this a try in pinball browser?

#6235 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Level side to side?

Quoted from sethi_i:

A center post probably won't help that. Center posts only save a ball that is coming directly from the middle. If it's coming off the right rail at an angle that just misses the flipper, it will probably hit the side of the post and slide into the trough.
Leveling and pitch is a better fix.

Quoted from desertT1:

Yeah, something is off level because that feed should go straight to the right flipper.

Bang on! It was the front of the pin, I leveled it and now I only have an occasional drain, everything else goes to the RT flipper. Although there wasn't much of an adjustment the ball definitely shoots harder now as well. That part is odd but play is much better now, thanks!

#6236 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

GB pro is my 2nd best earner ever after Deadpool pro.
Anyone else operating GB too?

Doesn’t surprise me at all.

#6237 4 years ago

Some guy on FB posted a GB earning over 18k on location.

Basically he made a comment saying... "Stern, please release code for a game that actually earns on location."

That's some serious quarter drops.

IMG_2717 (resized).PNGIMG_2717 (resized).PNG
#6238 4 years ago

Looks like $18k is just since 1.13. Lifetime earnings is $25k. That's pretty awesome. Mine should finish paying for itself early next year. Where do you guys find this massive player base?

#6239 4 years ago

Im shopping one for a friend and I love it...May get one...

Id love the plastic piece for the center drain though....

Updated code and my right flipper seems to work perfect so far

#6240 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Looks like $18k is just since 1.13. Lifetime earnings is $25k. That's pretty awesome. Mine should finish paying for itself early next year. Where do you guys find this massive player base?

Since all the adjustments and audits get lost after each update. The game actually earned 18k since the last update. Lifetime stats are not functioning correct. My HUO GB claims to have earned a few Euros. Funny thing is, the game does not even have a coin mech.

#6241 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

yes I've done both, doesn't seem to be a problem if you buy one that is made for it. I got mine from Mezel mods and the under cab lighting is amazing. so bright!

https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/pinball-cabinet-lighting-kit-bundle-spike?variant=36338363848

IMG_0634 (resized).jpegIMG_0634 (resized).jpeg
#6242 4 years ago
Quoted from derekbro:

yes I've done both, doesn't seem to be a problem if you buy one that is made for it. I got mine from Mezel mods and the under cab lighting is amazing. so bright!
https://mezelmods.com/collections/ghostbusters-pinball-mods/products/pinball-cabinet-lighting-kit-bundle-spike?variant=36338363848[quoted image]

Thx I got lighting from rock. Lermods abs Mezel mods. Should be fine

#6243 4 years ago

I bought a 1 year old GOTG with $14k on it when I bought it. I think it was in Sunshine.

#6244 4 years ago

There is GB for sale in VA with a slimer prob. Seller says it hits pf. Is this an easy adjustment?

Thx !

#6245 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

Some guy on FB posted a GB earning over 18k on location.
Basically he made a comment saying... "Stern, please release code for a game that actually earns on location."
That's some serious quarter drops.[quoted image]

It does well here too.

61374990_2073500982762064_2339144875661852672_n (resized).jpg61374990_2073500982762064_2339144875661852672_n (resized).jpg
#6246 4 years ago

I wonder if I can make that kind of money if I charge my buddies to play when they come over...hmmm...

#6247 4 years ago

Vigo printed and ready for installation.

20190531_164241 (resized).jpg20190531_164241 (resized).jpg

#6248 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

I wonder if I can make that kind of money if I charge my buddies to play when they come over...hmmm...

The most recent time I moved, after I setup GB the moving guy asked me if he could play and reached into his pockets for quarters. I had to explain Free Play briefly but it would be pretty hilarious if you invited a bunch of people over for some pinball and had all of the machines set to $1.00 per game and pretended it was for real

#6249 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

[quoted image]

cool idea, where are you going to install it.

#6250 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

[quoted image]

I like it!

Want to make a couple more to sell?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/125?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.