B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 250.
#6151 4 years ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

Just traded for a GB Pro. All stock. Should I invest in a color DMD and a shaker? What other mods do people suggest? LCD DMD or LED DMD? Any suggestions will help on mods to enjoy the experience. Thanks

Yes color DMD LED (much easier fit)!
Yes shaker motor (works really nice in this game)! It gives you a very ominous rumble when you start multi ball.

Also, swinks target brackets to massively reduce air balls.
Some kind of outlane jump guards are nice too.
Best mod tho (and free) is the movie soundtrack rom.

Welcome to the Ghostbusters!

#6152 4 years ago

Mod it the way you want it .
Pro is an Awesome choice.

#6153 4 years ago

Just traded for a GB Pro. All stock. Should I invest in a color DMD and a shaker? What other mods do people suggest? LCD DMD or LED DMD? Any suggestions will help on mods to enjoy the experience. Thanks

check out the link for a few things, the 4th item along is the metal angle brackets if you are experiencing airballs, the flipper slipper is still in test - waiting on some samples, but there are a few shooter knobs, plunger plates and even a car bracket for over the shooter lane for the ecto

Added over 5 years ago:

edit:

sorry forgot to post the links

the target brackets
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm?optionId=63971960&li=marketplace

and then all mods, parts, tools etc
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest

#6154 4 years ago

Played a bunch of games on a premium on location over the weekend.
I forgot how awesome this game is - kept me coming back to pump it with quarters

Only issues with machine was the library kickout kept sending it SDTM and the dam wide flipper gaps are just not called for.
Besides that, the PF just seems like the most jam packed on any recent stern. It make BK pro look like a desert

#6155 4 years ago

WannabeWizard the shaker motor is especially great for the storage facility multiball animation.

#6156 4 years ago

I went for LED Color DMD and it's fantastic. I had originally ordered the LCD version but much prefer the look of the LED and the fitment is exactly like the original display.

#6157 4 years ago

LED DMD with Comet's Glare Eliminator FTW!

#6158 4 years ago

For Premium/LE (most apply to Pro):

Install cliffy's

Adjust height of drop targets

Adjust spring on drop targets (20-25 coils up)

Check & change balls

SLIMER butt nut - check slimer positions and butt nut

Put a washer under right ball guide (blue rubber bumper) to help playfield damage

Put mylar down in shooter lane Or install Cliffy's

Get the green spring for the manual shooter rod, and the high compression spring for the auto-launcher

Align flippers

Install the plastic air ball protector and right orbit protector (CPR9999 makes the best!)

Adjust the coil power in the service menu ADJ > G.B. > Feature Adjustment #11 - Trough Eject Power. Mine is set the lowest power 176

Check 14th street subway switch to make sure ball is changing switch state

Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with hammer (behind each sling shot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)

Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).

For those interested, making another run of Airball protectors. Check out Ad and videos.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-2

#6159 4 years ago

I was jonesing for this pin two years ago, played the Premium only about 20 times. Lost the urge but it has come back again with the news of an imminent code update. Can’t shake it. From most videos,Pro looks to be the smoothest shooter,Premium has the best toys and magna slings. Tough decision!

#6160 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I was jonesing for this pin two years ago, played the Premium only about 20 times. Lost the urge but it has come back again with the news of an imminent code update. Can’t shake it. From most videos,Pro looks to be the smoothest shooter,Premium has the best toys and magna slings. Tough decision!

Imminent code update ....lol!

#6161 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

check out the link for a few things, the 4th item along is the metal angle brackets if you are experiencing airballs, the flipper slipper is still in test - waiting on some samples, but there are a few shooter knobs, plunger plates and even a car bracket for over the shooter lane for the ecto

What link are you referring too? Thanks

#6162 4 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

wannabewizard the shaker motor is especially great for the storage facility multiball animation.

Thanks for the advice.

#6163 4 years ago

Well I suggest my Leg Lights.

GBLE green. (resized).jpgGBLE green. (resized).jpg
#6164 4 years ago
Quoted from PinDoctor82:

The LED DMD is AMAZING. I had a shaker in mine and it was excessive, especially on containment unit multi-ball mode. I opted to shut it off and I feel the gameplay is better without it.

Same here. The storage facility multiball almost shakes the game apart.

#6166 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here. The storage facility multiball almost shakes the game apart.

True dat. Though that’s why I love it!

#6167 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

True dat. Though that’s why I love it!

I did too until i started finding screws in my cabinet and saying......hmm i wonder where these came from? I guess i will find out one of these days.

#6168 4 years ago

I was going to say that the Ecto-1 lightbar topper is an essential mod. Only a few are out there for sale now, and it is expensive, but man, it's so cool.

#6169 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

From most videos,Pro looks to be the smoothest shooter,Premium has the best toys and magna slings. Tough decision!

I always say that this game has two personalities...one on location and one at home.

On location, I actually prefer to play the Pro. The right ramp on the premium can be nearly unmakeable on location if the setup and maintenance (cleaning/waxing) aren't kept up. I've never found the Pro right ramp all that hard to hit. The premium magna slings really piss me off if/when they screw me over on a game I dropped quarters into.

At home, Premium all the way. Set it up right and the premium version smokes the Pro. Keep it cleaned and waxed and the ball rockets up the right ramp. Sure the slings can do nasty things...just play another game (you've already paid for it!).

Both shoot equally well on the other shots...left orbit is tight but exactly the same on both. I find that the left ramp is easily backhandable on most Pros. My Prem can't do it at all. Flipper power and angle are stock out of the box. I just post pass and shoot it with the right flipper...second easiest shot in the game.

I just finished my Premium for the second time in two days, so I'd say it shoots pretty smooth!!

#6170 4 years ago

If I would want to replace my ghostbusters LE playfield in the future for ghosting, would they sell me one? If so, what would that cost?

#6171 4 years ago

Hot diggity damn! It looks like I am in the club!

Long story but I was in after the original reveal on an LE; deposit paid, waited out the whole time for shipping and had to give him up due to some challenges that I was experiencing at the time. It arrived NIB but a friend swooped in and took it away. Fast forward 3 years and I will be picking one up Saturday morning with a new replacement PF in the wait. I will get the pin home and set up and then arrange to do the swap. This replacement populated PF was made available due to the original plagued ghosting debacle. All that said, my day is finally approaching!

I have just ordered a full set o' cliffies but has anyone here opted for the new thinner (.5mm) Playfield protector:
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/jfscMWEhZk-Cw5zNSeDD2g?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Ghostbusters%20(Limited%20Edition)%20%7C%202016

Not sure if it is overkill but after seeing the dimpling on our ACNC, that just killed me especially after opting in for the buttered cab and all of the trimmins'. Still watching that as I might be checking in with Spooky if anything else happens beyond dimpling.

I will try to go back and determine which other mods are essential or just plain fun.

Is the new audio mix done with pinball browser or is there more to it?

#6172 4 years ago
Quoted from Gost2dp:

If I would want to replace my ghostbusters LE playfield in the future for ghosting, would they sell me one? If so, what would that cost?

You'd have to talk to Stern or your distro about that.

#6173 4 years ago

FINALLY..., found a used topper for sale on FB market place, be here by Tuesday!

#6174 4 years ago

Eliminate ALL those airballs with plastic protectors: (almost sold out get a set for left ramp and the right orbit shot before they are gone!!!)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-2
B27B14E5-C7FA-4F5E-A650-547E7C9330E9 (resized).jpegB27B14E5-C7FA-4F5E-A650-547E7C9330E9 (resized).jpegCBFBF8D1-3556-435E-A445-332593193087 (resized).jpegCBFBF8D1-3556-435E-A445-332593193087 (resized).jpegE3DCAB70-BC50-446E-837F-B9665D6DF3C4 (resized).jpegE3DCAB70-BC50-446E-837F-B9665D6DF3C4 (resized).jpeg

#6175 4 years ago

Anyone else having issues with breaking rubbers at the right saucer? It’s the 3rd ring wich is about to break.

FA5B1207-1088-4208-8CC3-9DC28F461346 (resized).jpegFA5B1207-1088-4208-8CC3-9DC28F461346 (resized).jpeg
#6176 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Anyone else having issues with breaking rubbers at the right saucer? It’s the 3rd ring wich is about to break.
[quoted image]

I have about 5,000 plays on mine and have never had an issue. See if the post has any sharp edges that the ball can push the rubber against.

#6177 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I have about 5,000 plays on mine and have never had an issue. See if the post has any sharp edges that the ball can push the rubber against.

I have checked it a while ago. It’s fine. My game has around 3000 plays. And this is now the 3rd ring at this place wich is about to snap. I am using Titanrings. Wich ones do you use?
Both of my drop target springs broke as well. They broke just around 20 games apart. I have the stronger ones put in.

#6178 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

I have checked it a while ago. It’s fine. My game has around 3000 plays. And this is now the 3rd ring at this place wich is about to snap. I am using Titanrings. Wich ones do you use?
Both of my drop target springs broke as well. They broke just around 20 games apart. I have the stronger ones put in.

Mine is literally bone stock, aside from 2 things. My friend got me the slime spotlight covers from Mezelmods, and I have an extra ball behind the librarian captive ball because I got my game before they figured out what was causing the wire to bend.

#6179 4 years ago

shopping a GB for a friend. Going to add a few mods...are colored rubbers nice looking on GB? thinking slime green if they have them.

#6180 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Mine is literally bone stock, aside from 2 things. My friend got me the slime spotlight covers from Mezelmods, and I have an extra ball behind the librarian captive ball because I got my game before they figured out what was causing the wire to bend.

dont see the slime green covers on their site?

#6181 4 years ago

Just hooked up my ColorDMD. Can someone tell me how to get it to use all the colors. I can only seem to choose one color . Probably something simple,I’m a newbie tho, any help would be appreciated .

0DDB7E07-6336-4828-B6B1-6B2017D72EF3 (resized).jpeg0DDB7E07-6336-4828-B6B1-6B2017D72EF3 (resized).jpeg
#6182 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Just hooked up my ColorDMD. Can someone tell me how to get it to use all the colors. I can only seem to choose one color . Probably something simple,I’m a newbie tho, any help would be appreciated .
[quoted image]

did you download code for their site and install?

#6183 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

shopping a GB for a friend. Going to add a few mods...are colored rubbers nice looking on GB? thinking slime green if they have them.

I just did Titan clear rubbers in gb. Green flipper rubbers Looks slick!

IMG_20190520_204340724 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204340724 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204406824 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204406824 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204350890 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204350890 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204355313 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204355313 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204421837 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204421837 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204325070 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_204325070 (resized).jpg
#6184 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

did you download code for their site and install?

No. I did not. Is that the issue?

#6185 4 years ago

Got my LE home on Saturday!

Added a couple of homemade mods already.

I wanted the books to be much taller than the mods that I've seen online. Lucked out with this set from a local comic book Shop. Made some custom brackets and voila! It's going to be fun modding this

IMG_20190519_0917181 (resized).jpgIMG_20190519_0917181 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_1631043 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_1631043 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_1631219 (resized).jpgIMG_20190520_1631219 (resized).jpg
#6186 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Yes, colordmd website has instructions. This must be done for every title.

#6187 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Yes. Go to their site. Download code to thumb drive. There is an example of a guy doing whitewater on the site. Very easy

#6188 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I just did Titan clear rubbers in gb. Green flipper rubbers Looks slick!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Do you have list of sizes you ordered ? Thx !

#6189 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Oh, man. I had them all written down when I ordered for all my games but I combined them all into one big order. I think I found the sizes online.

#6190 4 years ago

Thanks. Got the color installed. What a great mod !!

#6191 4 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Thanks. Got the color installed. What a great mod !!

Did you order the LCD with add-on mounting kit? Just ordered the display bundle, looking forward to it!

#6192 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Oh, man. I had them all written down when I ordered for all my games but I combined them all into one big order. I think I found the sizes online.

Order from Pinball
Life or titan ?

#6193 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I'm interested in a full rubber kit as well, if we get a proper list together it would be greatly appreciated.

I saw pics of the glow titans on the ACNC and they look killer. Maybe the same for GB?

#6194 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Order from Pinball
Life or titan ?

Ordered from titan.
I ordered some glow post sleeves from them for AFM, and the flow rubbers might also look cool. Here's a shot of them on AFM for reference.

IMG_20190405_190150965 (resized).jpgIMG_20190405_190150965 (resized).jpg
#6195 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ordered from titan.
I ordered some glow post sleeves from them for AFM, and the flow rubbers might also look cool. Here's a shot of them on AFM for reference.
[quoted image]

cool i need to get a rubber chart so I can see what I need

#6196 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

cool i need to get a rubber chart so I can see what I need

If you are going to order from titan, they have the very cool game database. It lists games and has all the sizes you need. Check it out.

#6197 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

If you are going to order from titan, they have the very cool game database. It lists games and has all the sizes you need. Check it out.

Thx. Just looked. One of the kits has all glow rings. would love to see pics...

#6198 4 years ago

Last day in the GB club for me, great game but onto the next!

Keep on flippin and always remember, if ‘bustin doesn’t feel good... why do it?

#6199 4 years ago

Im shopping a GB pro and the only issue my friend was having is an intermittent right flipper. Ive fixed many flipper issues on older pins. usually its the leaf switch not making contact when press button the leaf switch out of alignment. In test mode it seems to work all the time. Im watching through the apron and the leaf switch looks perfect even when it wont fire. Is this a potential node board issue? never really had to troubleshoot spike pin. Ill double check the leaf switches this weekend but at first glance they look like they are making contact at the right gap.

#6200 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Im shopping a GB pro and the only issue my friend was having is an intermittent right flipper. Ive fixed many flipper issues on older pins. usually its the leaf switch not making contact when press button the leaf switch out of alignment. In test mode it seems to work all the time. Im watching through the apron and the leaf switch looks perfect even when it wont fire. Is this a potential node board issue? never really had to troubleshoot spike pin. Ill double check the leaf switches this weekend but at first glance they look like they are making contact at the right gap.

First thing I would check is it running latest code 1.13? There was a software related issue in earlier code versions regarding weak flippers. This could be your problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 103.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/124?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.