B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 250.
#6001 5 years ago

The longer flippers just make the game slightly less brutal for us non-pinball gods. It is a subtle change. For me, this modification has made GB more enjoyable.

#6002 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think its Panzers fault. He has complained so much that they are now just delaying it intentionally just to piss him off.

Lol! Damn it I knew I shouldn't have created that thread

#6003 5 years ago

I would add the airball preventers and the center post - you can remove the center post if you want to. Also replace the hex connector under the right ramp with a 3/4 to 7/8 inch hex connector from Marco spec. Replace the top screw with a 6/32 one-half inch screw also. This will give you and adjustable right ramp - the factory ramp is set too steep.

#6004 5 years ago

Also adjust the sidelane wires, just hammer them up a bit form below the playfield, it will prevent lane hopping.

#6005 5 years ago

Broke the 20B barrier earlier! Laid the stage by setting up multiball to be ready after nailing my multipliers (5x) for stay puft mode. No play field multipliers for this unfortunately. Had I hit the play field multipliers, this game would have been NORTH OF 100Billion! The mode alone netted 14.5B. Along with skill shots, this is where I landed. Friggen epic!!!

1E6AF5AE-77FE-461D-8607-0C1A31A30D33 (resized).jpeg1E6AF5AE-77FE-461D-8607-0C1A31A30D33 (resized).jpeg
#6006 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Broke the 20B barrier earlier! Laid the stage by setting up multiball to be ready after nailing my multipliers (5x) for stay puft mode. No play field multipliers for this unfortunately. Had I hit the play field multipliers, this game would have been NORTH OF 100Billion! The mode alone netted 14.5B. Along with skill shots, this is where I landed. Friggen epic!!!
[quoted image]

That is unbelievable! Wow lol

#6007 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Broke the 20B barrier earlier! Laid the stage by setting up multiball to be ready after nailing my multipliers (5x) for stay puft mode. No play field multipliers for this unfortunately. Had I hit the play field multipliers, this game would have been NORTH OF 100Billion! The mode alone netted 14.5B. Along with skill shots, this is where I landed. Friggen epic!!

Nice job! How many balls do you have your game set on? just curious

#6008 5 years ago

Lasering a bunch more left ramp & right orbit protectors...let me know if interested. Thx

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-2

57251C4C-1178-4BB4-BDF1-457F4A64075E (resized).png57251C4C-1178-4BB4-BDF1-457F4A64075E (resized).png

#6009 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Nice job! How many balls do you have your game set on? just curious

3 ball only, straight factory settings.
Thanks!

My prior high was 19.8B on extra difficult, no mode continuation, no mode restart. Any and all blockades to make getting there difficult were in place. Figured I’d see how big of a difference the settings made in accomplishing my goal. Made a sizable difference.

#6010 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

[quoted image]

If you got 14.5 billion on the stay puft mode stacked with storage facility multiball, how do you explain the 12.5 billion earned on modes before and after stay puft? I am just curious for I have never seen any score close to this let alone see how this could be possible. Congrats though! That is an incredible score but I am missing something. I need to take your strategy to my game.

Also, with 5x per stay puft shot, that is only on the shot you choose to make 5x so only one shot was going at that rate. Would have been 250 million per shot. At the most isn't that mode like 10 shots? I am just not following how 14.5 billion was achieved during that mode.

#6011 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

If you got 14.5 billion on the stay puft mode stacked with storage facility multiball, how do you explain the 12.5 billion earned on modes before and after stay puft? I am just curious for I have never seen any score close to this let alone see how this could be possible. Congrats though! That is an incredible score but I am missing something. I need to take your strategy to my game.
Also, with 5x per stay puft shot, that is only on the shot you choose to make 5x so only one shot was going at that rate. Would have been 250 million per shot. At the most isn't that mode like 10 shots? I am just not following how 14.5 billion was achieved during that mode.

Allow me to explain:

Bringing multi-ball into the picture slows down the timer. If you keep adding balls during multiball, the first sequence lasts almost indefinitely. Only after you do not hit any of the shots, or a ball is not trapped up in the pops, does you timer begin to count down. The stay puft shots go up incrementally. I can't even begin to explain how many shots you can nail during the 'free for all' period with multi-ball stacked. Throughout the other modes, I was able to start the PF multipliers by hitting the captive ball (2x running through a bunch of modes after). Didn't amount to much, but it made those couple of modes extremely valuable that I began. Skill shots, now heres the big thing; Skill shots are worth 10% of your score, PLUS AN ADDITIONAL 10%. My last skill shot alone netted me almost.....are you ready for this......4.6 BILLION! I was able to cash out on at least 3 skill shots of epic proportions with my now 2 extra balls remaining. I had got the last skill shot on camera, had my son hold the phone. I quickly drained after starting another mode, and ended right here. Wish I got to enter my initials, but the moment I said "alright, thats game over!", my son immediately said "OK, ILL TURN IT OFF DAD!". I love my son...although in that moment, he was not my favorite person, I'll post that video later...It was kinda funny.

**Edit: Stay puft has 3 sequences. First, amp up your multipliers by hitting Gozer repeatedly. Second, unlimited scoring all lit shots for 15-20 seconds, 3rd is to nail the rest of the shots, and finish the scene.

#6012 5 years ago

/....duplicate

#6013 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Allow me to explain:
Bringing multi-ball into the picture slows down the timer. If you keep adding balls during multiball, the first sequence lasts almost indefinitely. Only after you do not hit any of the shots, or a ball is not trapped up in the pops, does you timer begin to count down. The stay puft shots go up incrementally. I can't even begin to explain how many shots you can nail during the 'free for all' period with multi-ball stacked. Throughout the other modes, I was able to start the PF multipliers by hitting the captive ball (2x running through a bunch of modes after). Didn't amount to much, but it made those couple of modes extremely valuable that I began. Skill shots, now heres the big thing; Skill shots are worth 10% of your score, PLUS AN ADDITIONAL 10%. My last skill shot alone netted me almost.....are you ready for this......4.6 BILLION! I was able to cash out on at least 3 skill shots of epic proportions with my now 2 extra balls remaining. I had got the last skill shot on camera, had my son hold the phone. I quickly drained after starting another mode, and ended right here. Wish I got to enter my initials, but the moment I said "alright, thats game over!", my son immediately said "OK, ILL TURN IT OFF DAD!". I love my son...although in that moment, he was not my favorite person, I'll post that video later...It was kinda funny.

That is awesome! Makes perfect sense. Thank you for the detailed explanation. I need to explore these strategy's in my play.

#6014 5 years ago

That is awesome! Makes perfect sense. Thank you for the detailed explanation. I need to explore these strategy's in my play.

Indeed

My goal has been for the past several weeks is to do exactly what I did here, and have 6X play field going with 5X stay puft. This game here would have been over 100 Billion, easily. Good luck, and take advantage of the right orbit skill shots!!!

#6015 5 years ago

I'm working on deal and hopefully if it works out I'll have a GB premium. It needs to be shopped but hopefully it's a set deal. I've played GB several times and love it other than how the ball drains by default (it seems). But playing a game and owning a game are two different worlds to me. The first thing I want to do is put the carrot flippers on it, air ball protector. What other stuff are essential before starting some games?

#6016 5 years ago

I don't think carrot flippers are necessary. The lane protectors that keep the ball from jumping over into the out lane are a bit more of a necessity.

#6017 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I don't think carrot flippers are necessary. The lane protectors that keep the ball from jumping over into the out lane are a bit more of a necessity.

Do you have a link to the protectors? I have a cart saved on pinball life, do they have them there? Or Marcos?

#6018 5 years ago

Marco's and pinball life have it, it has the center post.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-6990-00

#6019 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Lasering a bunch more left ramp & right orbit protectors...let me know if interested. Thx
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-2
[quoted image]

Totally off topic- I wish I would have bought an epilog over my full spectrum.

It's cheap, easy software, did I say cheap?

I'm drooling over your machine lol.

#6020 5 years ago

Also, with 5x per stay puft shot, that is only on the shot you choose to make 5x so only one shot was going at that rate.

I don't believe that is true. I've seen the multiplier applied to all SP shots on my machine. I haven't checked with the glass off to be sure, but I think it's just an overall SP shot multiplier.

#6021 5 years ago

Guys! Please don't post so much on here! I almost thought the new code update finally dropped... Just kidding

#6022 5 years ago

I'm way behind on this forum and should have joined years ago. Boy, it sure is refreshing to see so many people mentioned the ball drain issues on the game; and here I thought I sucked most of the time.

I can't wait to get a house to set up a game room because I have yet to put my Ecto lightbar topper on my machine and that just takes it to an entirely different level from the videos I've seen. For now, it's safe in my buddy's place with my other games (yes, he literally has a room with my just my games...I guess I owe him free healthcare in the future).

20171024_120134_zpsbwhgbplw (resized).JPG20171024_120134_zpsbwhgbplw (resized).JPG
#6023 5 years ago

Hi

Is there any rules posted anywhere

I checked IPDB.org and nothing was listed

Just to figure out somethings

And if Deadpool Code update dropped maybe GB will follow soon

#6024 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hi

LOL, we can only hope.

#6025 5 years ago

So I measured the flipper gap in my Ghostbusters and GOTG machines. GB is about 2.625" and GOTG is about 2.062". I think I am going to 3d print a new flipper bat that is
.281" longer and then fab up a mount like the old 2 piece Gottlieb System 80b and System 3 flippers and give it a try.

#6026 5 years ago

Hi

http://tiltforums.com/t/ghostbusters-pinball-rulesheet/1358

#6027 5 years ago

Is that from tip to tip or did you go from flipper hole to flipper hole? Because tip to tip can just be changed by angling your flippers differently.

#6028 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I have contacted them many times, and they don't care. Most i've gotten is "its on the schedule".

After all you got an answer. I wrote 3 Mails without any reaction. However it is necessary to write them at least!

#6029 5 years ago

Most games are measured from flipper shaft to flipper shaft and the standard is 7 inches, Trudeau typically goes 7 1/8 inches.

I designed my own set of interchangeable flipper bats where I can go between 2 7/8" to 3" to 3 1/8" bats and it only takes a couple of minutes to swap out.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksflipper&sort=popularity

#6030 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Most games are measured from flipper shaft to flipper shaft and the standard is 7 inches, Trudeau typically goes 7 1/8 inches.
I designed my own set of interchangeable flipper bats where I can go between 2 7/8" to 3" to 3 1/8" bats and it only takes a couple of minutes to swap out.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksflipper&sort=popularity

Yeah I’d always heard the difference was 1/8 inch.

1 week later
#6031 5 years ago

I just joined the club last night and I'm trying to get the game dialed in to my taste.

Where should the left scoop send the ball? Mine was setup to the standard power (40) and was pretty much always a center drain. I increased the power to the max and bent it a bit and now it sends the ball to the right flipper. Is this correct or should I have instead lowered the power and had the ball slowly roll down to the left flipper?

Obviously center drains are pretty difficult, so I'm planning on reducing the side drains. One thought I had was to replace the current outlane posts with these plastic ones. This would fit a 3/16" ID rubber instead of the current 7/16" OD rubber. It's a fairly small difference, but with outlanes, I think that difference might be enough to make the game feel a bit more fair. Has anyone tried this?

550-5059-xx_300x169 (resized).jpg550-5059-xx_300x169 (resized).jpg

#6032 5 years ago

I wouldn’t change your posts, get some of those Yoyokopter save posts:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00752-save-post-for-ghostbusters-by-yoyokopter

They were installed on my game by the previous owner and I gotta admit, they really do give you a fighting chance without ruining the challenge. And you can just pop em off and drop them in the coin box when you’re ready to get hardcore.

#6033 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I wouldn’t change your posts, get some of those Yoyokopter save posts:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1058-yoyokopter-mods/00752-save-post-for-ghostbusters-by-yoyokopter
They were installed on my game by the previous owner and I gotta admit, they really do give you a fighting chance without ruining the challenge. And you can just pop em off and drop them in the coin box when you’re ready to get hardcore.

I agree with this. I got these and they are excellent.

#6034 5 years ago

Well folks I traded for GB premium. It was routed and was ROUGH with 20,000 plays on it. But Craig Hassell shopped it for me, cleaned it, put on all the Titan rubbers I ordered and I will hopefully have it Sunday. I bought the Carrot flippers and a few mods so we'll see how much I love owning it. And I bought all the protectors and such.

IMG_8895 (resized).jpgIMG_8895 (resized).jpg
#6035 5 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

Well folks I traded for GB premium. It was routed and was ROUGH with 20,000 plays on it. But Craig Hassell shopped it for me, cleaned it, put on all the Titan rubbers I ordered and I will hopefully have it Sunday. I bought the Carrot flippers and a few mods so we'll see how much I love owning it. And I bought all the protectors and such.
[quoted image]

I hope this is an in-process pic cause you’re missing some parts, lol.

#6036 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I just joined the club last night and I'm trying to get the game dialed in to my taste.
Where should the left scoop send the ball? Mine was setup to the standard power (40) and was pretty much always a center drain. I increased the power to the max and bent it a bit and now it sends the ball to the right flipper. Is this correct or should I have instead lowered the power and had the ball slowly roll down to the left flipper?

Each scoop should send to the opposite flipper, in this case to the right flipper. I'm pretty sure I have my power setting to the factory default, but I added some foam to the left side of the scoop hole.

Like this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/86#post-4136879

GB_LEFT_SCOOP (resized).jpgGB_LEFT_SCOOP (resized).jpg
#6037 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Congrats! Curious to know if that Premium had any ghosting and after 20,000 plays did it get worse or is everything fine? My premium had ghosting on the inserts and so Stern replaced my playfield. Yet again, this playfield is now ghosting.... Right now I am over it and don't care to go thru the whole process again but if you have one that had issues and everything is good after 20,000 plays, I will feel better about it.

#6038 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Each scoop should send to the opposite flipper, in this case to the right flipper.

Thank you. I bent my scoop and it seems to be working properly now. I may add some foam too, because it's still hitting closer to the tip of the flipper and I'd prefer it to hit in the center for a more consistent dead pass. It's a great game, but it seems to be very important that the game is setup perfectly to avoid frustration.

#6039 5 years ago

Sorry, for the string of posts, it's a new game for me and I'm excited. Has anyone painted their city plastics? I don't want to do anything major, just make a few of the buildings a bit darker so it's not just the one shade. I'd like them to look like the surrounding plastics.

Here is a quick photoshop mock-up to show what I was thinking. It's pretty subtle.

Stern-GhostbustersPro-Details-06 (resized).jpgStern-GhostbustersPro-Details-06 (resized).jpg

#6040 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

I hope this is an in-process pic cause you’re missing some parts, lol.

All the parts are there it's just apart for cleaning. The cleaning pics are gross.

Congrats! Curious to know if that Premium had any ghosting and after 20,000 plays did it get worse or is everything fine? My premium had ghosting on the inserts and so Stern replaced my playfield. Yet again, this playfield is now ghosting.... Right now I am over it and don't care to go thru the whole process again but if you have one that had issues and everything is good after 20,000 plays, I will feel better about it.

Craig said there aren't any problems other than damage near the kickout hole and shooter lane. Not much to complain about other than standard dimpling.

Normally I wouldn't have been able to afford one of these and if I had $6500 I would have rather had a fun car or something. If it turns out I don't like this one too much I knew I could possibly trade for ACDC, but I am hoping I love this game.

I have played it several times, but I never liked the gap near the flippers.

#6041 5 years ago

All the parts are there it's just apart for cleaning. The cleaning pics are gross.

Craig said there aren't any problems other than damage near the kickout hole and shooter lane. Not much to complain about other than standard dimpling.
Normally I wouldn't have been able to afford one of these and if I had $6500 I would have rather had a fun car or something. If it turns out I don't like this one too much I knew I could possibly trade for ACDC, but I am hoping I love this game.
I have played it several times, but I never liked the gap near the flippers.

Curious to know what a 20k plays routed game cost you?

#6042 5 years ago

Seeking a GB topper
Anyone still offer them ?
Message me
Thank you

Can't believe these just fell off the face of the earth. At $500 sales couldn't have been great. There has to be a warehouse full of these somewhere...

*EDIT* Think I found the warehouse.

raiderslastscene-teaser (resized).jpgraiderslastscene-teaser (resized).jpg

#6043 5 years ago

I have my left scoop kicking to the left flipper. Power is 22 or 23 I think. My location players like this way more than the crap shoot the factory setup is.

#6044 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Can't believe these just fell off the face of the earth. At $500 sales couldn't have been great. There has to be a warehouse full of these somewhere...

*EDIT* Think I found the warehouse.
[quoted image]

I was talking to Marco Specialties during TPF. I was under the impression that Stern is not making thousands of toppers for each game.
Maybe 100-200 of each topper. So this would indicate to me two things:

-- If it's a hit, they can always make more
-- If it's not a hit, then they are not stuck with them

I'd go with if you like the topper that they are making for a new game, get it sooner than later.

My feeling is that GB toppers are done and not available anymore. You might have to find a distributor that has one or two left.

I got mine through Great American Pinballout of Chicago. I wasn't sure I wanted one, but I am gambling that more interaction might be added to GB and hence the topper.

#6045 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd prefer it to hit in the center for a more consistent dead pass

It sounds like you're looking for control right out of the kick-out. So why not just have it drop to the flipper? If you want a consistent dead bounce kick-out, save the headache of searching for it and drop the power down to minimum.

Mine are set so the left one drops to the left flipper for a catch or a soft bounce to right flipper. Since the right kick-out has a short ball save, I have it kick-out so that if I hold the left flipper up, it hits the tip and goes to the right flipper. If it's smooth I catch it, if it isn't I let it drain. My opinion is that there is enough frustration built into this game (even setup nicely). If I can remove a little, that's OK.

#6046 5 years ago

I am looking to dial in the game, as much as possible. I'd prefer the dead flip from right to left, but if I can't get that near 100%, I'll take your suggestion.

#6047 5 years ago

When I was looking for a Topper I had a hard time as well

A pinsider gave me an inside scoop of one for sale that was on a shelf

It was from Hemisphere Amusements
Not sure if I got their last one

Yes 500$ was ouch but stung for a minute when I smiled at it light up

I love the game and the topper is awesome

CODE !!!
CODE !!!

#6048 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Each scoop should send to the opposite flipper, in this case to the right flipper. I'm pretty sure I have my power setting to the factory default, but I added some foam to the left side of the scoop hole.
Like this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/86#post-4136879[quoted image]

and I've heard that the flasher contacts on that flasher can short out on that metal scoop. I put a couple layers of electrical tape on the back of it to prevent that.

#6049 5 years ago

I learned a valuable lesson tonight...or rather a no-value lesson. I started StayPuft and shot at the Gozer shot to up the multipliers. I wanted to get the left ramp or the right orbit to at least 3x or more, because they're the easiest to hit and set the multiplier. Took quite a few shots but finally got there. I trapped up, and the screen showed 4x/3x/1x/3x. Then StayPuft ended and WCWS lights started flashing while I still had the cradle. I didn't think the timer ran until you set the multiplier and started the mode....obviously not! It was the first time I've scored 0 points in StayPuft. What a waste!!

#6050 5 years ago

When I was looking for a Topper I had a hard time as well
A pinsider gave me an inside scoop of one for sale that was on a shelf
It was from Hemisphere Amusements
Not sure if I got their last one
Yes 500$ was ouch but stung for a minute when I smiled at it light up
I love the game and the topper is awesome
CODE !!!
CODE !!!

So that being said, had anyone reverse engineered this thing? It's just a node board with some LEDs right? Couldn't one theoretically be built?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 103.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/121?hl=urethrafranklin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.