B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 250.
#5901 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

It was the cliffy's creating the airballs when the target was flush with the playfield. Had to raise the target a little so it was a more gradual rise and not as big a bump.

Hmmm...I’ll have to look again very closely. It appears my target is flush with PF but obviously cliffy sits on PF sonthere is a lip there.
If I raise target to be flush with cliffy, won’t that just create a bigger lip to launch from?
I may just yank those cliffys and lay some mylar.

#5902 5 years ago

What are you supposed to do when "add a ball" lights?

#5903 5 years ago

I raised my target to not be flush with either the playfield or the cliffy. I made the target be in between the 2.

#5904 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

What are you supposed to do when "add a ball" lights?

Get the ball in that scoop and an extra ball is added during the multiball.

#5905 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

am I the only one who saw a sudden flurry of activity on here and was hoping that the stern code update had actuallybeen released?

NO! 15 new posts in this thread got me all excited.

#5906 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Get the ball in that scoop and an extra ball is added during the multiball.

Thanks!

#5907 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Hmmm...I’ll have to look again very closely. It appears my target is flush with PF but obviously cliffy sits on PF sonthere is a lip there.
If I raise target to be flush with cliffy, won’t that just create a bigger lip to launch from?

As others have said, cliffys on the drops is overkill for HUO. Not an issue for me since I turned mine off, but I would try removing the cliffys on those and see how it plays.

#5908 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don't have cliffy's on the Scoleri Brothers targets but, if I did, I might also put mylar on the outside of the cliffy's. That way you provide a bit of a transition rom the playfield to the cliffy with the mylar. Not sure if that'd help or not, but might be a simple thing to try...?

Also, is there anything like the Mantis protectors for the Scoleri targets? I wouldn't mind putting something in the hole, I just don't want it to come out of the hole like the cliffy's do.

#5909 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I might also put mylar on the outside of the cliffy's. That way you provide a bit of a transition from the playfield to the cliffy with the mylar.

I do this with all my Cliffy's and ramp flaps, LOL

#5910 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

am I the only one who saw a sudden flurry of activity on here and was hoping that the stern code update had actuallybeen released?

Almost had a heart attack. But no update.

#5911 5 years ago

After listening to Dwight on Pinball Profile Sunday, it doesn’t sound like he’s in any hurry to update our games. I don’t think he really cares judging from the last couple of interviews. I guess it’s whatever Gomez tells him to do.

#5912 5 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I finally cut the Scoleri's off - I think it makes the game a bit better.

Same here. I think the game is better without them 100%.

#5913 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here. I think the game is better without them 100%.

This always confuses me. The Scoleri Bros aren't nearly as annoying as the Trolls in MM...and they are a mystery "award"! It's the only game that I actively try to avoid the mystery award unless I'm also starting multiball. Scoleris are over in a blink.

#5914 5 years ago

Really need the interactive topper if anyone has one thanks

#5915 5 years ago

yes avoid using the cliffy's for the scoleri bros drops and I turned the scoleri bros off a year ago as well. Early days I thought I would love them but, NO....

#5916 5 years ago

Hi

Looking to buy a Ghostbusters Pro
HUO or Gently Routed is fine

I am attending Allentown in May if that helps extend the search

Thanks

#5917 5 years ago

Updating link. Few left of this run.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-2#post-4899621

008675DF-E694-4D83-9F7F-4E3F7B5E4FE2 (resized).png008675DF-E694-4D83-9F7F-4E3F7B5E4FE2 (resized).png4C0AB3E2-F7F1-49AF-A2A1-D846D818C2C7 (resized).png4C0AB3E2-F7F1-49AF-A2A1-D846D818C2C7 (resized).png3B654531-50D3-48E1-81A2-DE0C0405A97D (resized).png3B654531-50D3-48E1-81A2-DE0C0405A97D (resized).png
#5918 5 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

After listening to Dwight on Pinball Profile Sunday, it doesn’t sound like he’s in any hurry to update our games. I don’t think he really cares judging from the last couple of interviews. I guess it’s whatever Gomez tells him to do.

Yeah, just wow. Here's what Dwight said...

"When Munsters is done I will work on other things, not making any promises, Ghostbusters will definitely get some attention at some point"

26 months after the last code and that's what is said...wow.

#5919 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, just wow. Here's what Dwight said...
"When Munsters is done I will work on other things, not making any promises, Ghostbusters will definitely get some attention at some point"
26 months after the last code and that's what is said...wow.

just heard the pinball profile interview and he doesn't seem to have any drive for fixing GB, disappointing

#5920 5 years ago

Maybe a little misdirect? I mean, it keeps coming up, right?

#5921 5 years ago

Dwight is no Lyman when it comes doing stuff due the love of the hobby. It's a job to him and that's it

#5922 5 years ago

And that's why I'm done buying Dwight coded games. Stern checks in on this thread from what I understand, and they still have zero concern for losing sales going forward. I guess they feel they are too big to fail.

#5923 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And that's why I'm done buying Dwight coded games. Stern checks in on this thread from what I understand, and they still have zero concern for losing sales going forward. I guess they feel they are too big to fail.

Yup, same here. Dwight seems like a great guy but I won't buy another one of his games after this whole GB code debacle. Not going through this again at these prices.

#5924 5 years ago

Same, was going to slowly sell my bally Williams and replace with new sterns. Gb put the brakes on that. So wanted to go munsters but no

#5926 5 years ago

yep want to go Munsters as well but put that on hold until GB is finished and Munsters shapes up

#5927 5 years ago

Sold my Munsters Pro. Code was too basic for me.

#5928 5 years ago

What are people adjusted their ColorDMD settings to? Mine doesn’t seem to have enough black. Stuff is colorwashed.

#5929 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

What are people adjusted their ColorDMD settings to? Mine doesn’t seem to have enough black. Stuff is colorwashed.

Are you talking the LED version? If so, and if you haven't already, I'd suggest getting the Glare Eliminator from Comet Pinball. That will help with the black levels.

I'm using the Glare Eliminator and I set mine at 5 contrast and 9 brightness.

#5930 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Are you talking the LED version? If so, and if you haven't already, I'd suggest getting the Glare Eliminator from Comet Pinball. That will help with the black levels.
I'm using the Glare Eliminator and I set mine at 5 contrast and 9 brightness.

My contrast was too high and muddled everything up. Turned it down to 3 and it looks sharp. I’ll look into the glare eliminator, thanks for the suggestion.

#5931 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

My contrast was too high and muddled everything up. Turned it down to 3 and it looks sharp. I’ll look into the glare eliminator, thanks for the suggestion.

I’ve been struggling to find the optimum setting as well. Running the stock 5/5 at the moment but certain images are a little dim and some like the storage facility multiball animation are slightly washed out.

TaylorVA what are you running that sharpened the image up a bit? What is your brightness as well?

#5932 5 years ago

Got my topper installed, I’m really digging it. Kind of finishes things off from a theming perspective.

I hope when and if they update the code they tie in the left ecto loop shot to the topper has me scratching my head why you hear the siren but no flashing lights.

#5933 5 years ago

A certain TWIPy award winning podcaster just shared a rumor on the show that Stern soon will be announcing a vault edition of a popular title. He would not say what it is—just that it’s not Tron or LOTR. Could it be Ghostbusters? Might make sense to coincide a vault edition with a code update to inject new life into the game.

A vault could suggest a robust code update, but would kind of suck for existing owners if some of the design issues are corrected. Thoughts?

#5934 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

A certain TWIPy award winning podcaster just shared a rumor on the show that Stern soon will be announcing a vault edition of a popular title. He would not say what it is—just that it’s not Tron or LOTR. Could it be Ghostbusters? Might make sense to coincide a vault edition with a code update to inject new life into the game.
A vault could suggest a robust code update, but would kind of suck for existing owners if some of the design issues are corrected. Thoughts?

Didn’t they literally just stop making them in the last 6 months and discontinued all accessories?

#5935 5 years ago

True, but Star Trek was only out of production a short time before the “vault” was released. Maybe it would be more like an additional run.

#5936 5 years ago

They just did a run at the very end of 2018.

#5937 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’ve been struggling to find the optimum setting as well. Running the stock 5/5 at the moment but certain images are a little dim and some like the storage facility multiball animation are slightly washed out.
TaylorVa what are you running that sharpened the image up a bit? What is your brightness as well?

It's be nice if there was a test pattern built into the ColorDMD.

I don't doubt that they very from panel to panel a bit. But, I noticed on my Monopoly it displays a coin slot and show a coin going into it or something. What I didn't notice at first is that on the coin return button it actually says FUN on it. If you have the Contrast too high you can't see the letters. Which, I think the default setting was too high. Same with LOTR you can't see the subtle shading on the font (and the "sparkling" appears less dramatic).

At any rate, try to find an animation or text with a range of brightness/intensities and adjust from there. I'd suggest starting around 4 for contrast and see how it goes.

#5938 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

It's be nice if there was a test pattern built into the ColorDMD.
I don't doubt that they very from panel to panel a bit. But, I noticed on my Monopoly it displays a coin slot and show a coin going into it or something. What I didn't notice at first is that on the coin return button it actually says FUN on it. If you have the Contrast too high you can't see the letters. Which, I think the default setting was too high. Same with LOTR you can't see the subtle shading on the font (and the "sparkling" appears less dramatic).
At any rate, try to find an animation or text with a range of brightness/intensities and adjust from there.

Maybe I always adjusted the contrast the wrong way...so lowering contrast may increase definition of objects and text?

#5939 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Maybe I always adjusted the contrast the wrong way...so lowering contrast may increase definition of objects and text?

Yeah, that's how mine work anyway.

#5940 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Yeah, that's how mine work anyway.

I’ll give it a try later...the animation that I see regularly that doesn’t look so great due to washout is the storage facility multiball. Just looks like a pinkish blurry blob. I think if I can get a crisper image I may be able to bump up the brightness to 6.

#5941 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Stern soon will be announcing a vault edition of a popular title.

I'm not sure GB falls into that category.

I know it sold well, but I think there are just as many haters, after the fact, as there are lovers.

#5942 5 years ago

I'm pretty sure the new vault edition is going to be LOTR.

#5943 5 years ago

My Money is safe!!!!

#5944 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm pretty sure the new vault edition is going to be LOTR.

Do you have inside info or are you just speculating? I know his track record has been spotty, but K specifically said it would not be LOTR.

#5945 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Do you have inside info or are you just speculating? I know his track record has been spotty, but K specifically said it would not be LOTR.

Just hearsay from multiple people saying they heard from person A that LOTR is next. Could be complete BS too. Dwight joked around though on the Head2Head pinball podcast about a GB vault with an LCD screen so that's not it lol.

#5946 5 years ago

Looking at getting an LE w/ some ghosting. Would appreciate everyone's thoughts: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-le-w-ghosting

#5947 5 years ago

Sparky made me a sweet topper! 2019-03-28 08.05.13 (resized).jpg2019-03-28 08.05.13 (resized).jpg

#5948 5 years ago

I put this green slime outlane kit with center post on my Ghostbusters. I really like it, I think it makes it more playable. The center post makes up for the extra wide gap in the flippers and the green slime looks great and hides those ugly metal ball guides

4C15A79C-30F3-4A97-BF63-606E538F6699 (resized).jpeg4C15A79C-30F3-4A97-BF63-606E538F6699 (resized).jpeg
#5949 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I put this green slime outlane kit with center post on my Ghostbusters. I really like it, I think it makes it more playable. The center post makes up for the extra wide gap in the flippers and the green slime looks great and hides those ugly metal ball guides
[quoted image]

I concur. Changed my game for the better.

#5950 5 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

[quoted image]

Nice. Now light up the center drain,dark in that area..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/119?hl=lamprey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.