B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 250.
#5751 5 years ago

Page 42 of the manual has the parts list for the pops.

#5752 5 years ago

Thanks. I will look tonight. Im really not sure how this little coil sleeve plug works, first game ive seen it on

#5753 5 years ago
Screenshot_20190130-170555~2 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190130-170555~2 (resized).jpg
#5754 5 years ago

Hmm. Not seeing that thing. Maybe its something broken. Will report back

#5755 5 years ago

Im an idiot. Coil stop broke off in the sleeve

20190130_181159 (resized).jpg20190130_181159 (resized).jpg20190130_181223 (resized).jpg20190130_181223 (resized).jpg
#5756 5 years ago

Doh! Weak!

#5757 5 years ago

Thanks for all the help. Parts are ordered

#5758 5 years ago

Silly rule question...
When the Pop Bumpers awards - "add 10 seconds", what does that mean? What is it adding 10 seconds to?

#5759 5 years ago
Quoted from rwh143:

Silly rule question...
When the Pop Bumpers awards - "add 10 seconds", what does that mean? What is it adding 10 seconds to?

I believe it is adding 10 seconds to whatever timed mode is running.

#5760 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Just made another run. Left side ramp and right side orbit protectors.
Shipping on Friday, let me know.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-1#post-4790705

Picked this up from cpr9999 and it has totally solved all of my airball issues... I couldn't possibly be more happy with their performance and if you're having airball issues like I was, you can't go wrong with this set. Super fast shipping as well.

Thanks,
Jeff

#5761 5 years ago

We have the tools, we have the talent! It’s Ghostbusters time!

C9690E24-7395-4E9F-9930-AA289787D047 (resized).jpegC9690E24-7395-4E9F-9930-AA289787D047 (resized).jpeg

#5762 5 years ago

Damn that is gorgeous! Beautiful machine!

#5763 5 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Damn that is gorgeous! Beautiful machine!

Yeah the guy who I got it off was kind of a hack tho!

#5764 5 years ago

Goodbye Ghostbusters Pro

IMG_1656 2 (resized).jpgIMG_1656 2 (resized).jpg
#5765 5 years ago

Hello Premium LE

IMG_1681 (resized).jpgIMG_1681 (resized).jpg
#5766 5 years ago

Nice ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#5767 5 years ago

What does the price of a huo gb premium run these days?

#5768 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Hello Premium LE
[quoted image]

...a very modded LE at that! Nice grab.

#5769 5 years ago

I thought I saw someone in either this group or somewhere on pinside that they replaced the pop bumper cityscape cover with pop bumper caps and it really opened up the playfield but I cant find any reference to it and it is driving me crazy

#5770 5 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I thought I saw someone in either this group or somewhere on pinside that they replaced the pop bumper cityscape cover with pop bumper caps and it really opened up the playfield but I cant find any reference to it and it is driving me crazy

You mean these?

ce297c8c70f6036939ff3105380b8b6998efbe10 (resized).jpgce297c8c70f6036939ff3105380b8b6998efbe10 (resized).jpg
#5771 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

You mean these?
[quoted image]

Looks nice, How do they look lite up?

#5772 5 years ago
Quoted from dondon4720:

I remember seeing one recently where the guy had removed the cityscape and add those plasma pop bumper caps.

#5773 5 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

I remember seeing one recently where the guy had removed the cityscape and add those plasma pop bumper caps.

yes it was the plasma ones that looked really cool, that other one looks neat too, wonder if someone thought to do the statue of liberty on one of them

#5774 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Looks nice, How do they look lite up?

These arnt mine, I found this pic on pinside when you lookup GB prem. I was just trying to help the above poster with what he was talking about.

#5775 5 years ago

The Original GhostBusters GameBlades
Three different versions: With slime, without slime and MIrrorBlades with Slime
https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/ghostbusters

Ghostbusters-GameBlades-00 (resized).jpgGhostbusters-GameBlades-00 (resized).jpgGhostbusters-GameBlades-01 (resized).jpgGhostbusters-GameBlades-01 (resized).jpgGhostbusters-GameBlades-02 (resized).jpgGhostbusters-GameBlades-02 (resized).jpg
#5777 5 years ago

Haven't posted too much on Pinside but I'm sure there are others with this same issue, so thought I'd bring this up so someone could assist me. I hope I have posted in the correct area. I have a GB Pro I've had for 2 years and love it. Unfortunately the standard hole protector around the left scoop has raised/lifted to the point it affects the angle of the ball coming down from the left orbit. The raised protector forces the ball slightly to the right that causes the ball to centre drain EVERY time. So damn frustrating as affecting gameplay in a big way. I guess I have two choices:

1) use adhesive/glue to stick down the protector to the playfield.

or

2) remove the protector and put a little mylar down to help protect the timber around the scoop.

Any suggestions would be very grateful.

Thanks.

IMG_2690 (resized).JPGIMG_2690 (resized).JPG
#5778 5 years ago
Quoted from Glenn70:

or

2) remove the protector and put a little mylar down to help protect the timber around the scoop.

I've had this issue on other games with theses protectors. I took mine out and carefully bent it back into shape. Then used some really strong, thin, 2 sided tape to put it down. I found 2 sided carpet tape that works really good. It's thin and strong. I wouldn't use glue.

#5779 5 years ago
Quoted from Glenn70:

Haven't posted too much on Pinside but I'm sure there are others with this same issue, so thought I'd bring this up so someone could assist me. I hope I have posted in the correct area. I have a GB Pro I've had for 2 years and love it. Unfortunately the standard hole protector around the left scoop has raised/lifted to the point it affects the angle of the ball coming down from the left orbit. The raised protector forces the ball slightly to the right that causes the ball to centre drain EVERY time. So damn frustrating as affecting gameplay in a big way. I guess I have two choices:
or
Thanks.[quoted image]

I would upgrade to a cliffy protector and his postage rates are good to down under

http://www.passionforpinball.com/Ghostbusters/GBPro-LTscoop003.jpg

#5780 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I would upgrade to a cliffy protector and his postage rates are good to down under

I assumed this was a Cliffy, yes what he said. Get a cliffy

#5781 5 years ago
Quoted from Glenn70:

or
Thanks.[quoted image]

Mine was doing this as well a few months back. Very frustrating. I just took the protector out and it works great now. I have not put any mylar down or anything but prob should. It gets maybe 30 plays a week so I am not worried about it.

#5782 5 years ago
Quoted from Glenn70:

or
Thanks.[quoted image]

Mine is doing same on right side.....Left side metal broke off on the inside so I'd like to get both replacements from Cliffy.

However, I don't see that he makes them for the Premium or LE as they're not on the site.

#5783 5 years ago

Ok

New to the GB club

Q: What tweaks should be looked at - I have the GBLE

Q: Is the pitch 6.5 correct for this machine, or should it be 7.0 as I read somewhere a while ago.

Q: Is there a rules strategy guide as per V1.13 (I couldn't find on the forum)

Thanks

#5784 5 years ago

Hey is anyone sitting on a set of the Stern inner art blades they didn't use and want to move? Let me know.

#5785 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Ok
New to the GB club
Q: Is the pitch 6.5 correct for this machine, or should it be 7.0 as I read somewhere a while ago.
Thanks

A: align your bats with the inlane guides as some releases had saggy flippers, for the premium the rhs ramp might need some adjustment with the height spacer, angled target brackets
A: 6.5 is great, 7.0 if you want to make the game a little harder and faster again
A: check out the link
http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=878

#5786 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Stern did that original one and cliffy's are just a little bit better in design

#5787 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

They are cliffy rip-offs. Cliffys are much better IMHO

#5788 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Ok
New to the GB club
Thanks

Welcome to the club.

#5789 5 years ago

Does anyone know if the Meph terror dog mod is still being made? It says stock out on his page here and he hasn’t replied to my email.

If not, anyone have one or two extra they would like to sell?

#5790 5 years ago

I was thinking about picking up a spare node board just as a just in case. Node 8, which seems to fail the most, is listed as p/n 520-6985-72. Apparently this part has been superseded by p/n 520-7017-72. Can someone confirm this to be true? Thanks !

#5791 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

I was thinking about picking up a spare node board just as a just in case. Node 8, which seems to fail the most, is listed as p/n 520-6985-72. Apparently this part has been superseded by p/n 520-7017-72. Can someone confirm this to be true? Thanks !

I came across this in another thread which should be helpful, by pinsider @hocuslocus

Stern_Node_Boards(1) - Pinsider-hocuslocus copy (resized).pngStern_Node_Boards(1) - Pinsider-hocuslocus copy (resized).pngStern_Node_Boards(1) - Pinsider-hocuslocus.pdfStern_Node_Boards(1) - Pinsider-hocuslocus.pdf
#5792 5 years ago

Thanks swinks exactly what I needed !

#5793 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Is there anything I can do to avoid the massive drains from this area ? I have tried to move the gate and it gets worse. It’s super frustrating [quoted image]

On an average 3 ball game, I lose 2 balls from the ball exiting the right side of the pop bumpers and not getting held up by that wire gate. Ball goes straight down the middle. No chance in hell of saving it.

I'm going to get a piece of piano wire and try to make my own gate that is slightly wider. As you mentioned, it's very annoying!

#5794 5 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

On an average 3 ball game, I lose 2 balls from the ball exiting the right side of the pop bumpers and not getting held up by that wire gate.

My nemesis is the left-hand exit from the bumpers into the centre lane. On average, I lose at least 1 ball per game on an unavoidable STDM drain from there. This causes much swearing and shaking of fists. Maybe re-levelling would help. Maybe I should just get better at nudging, or pinball in general.

#5795 5 years ago
Quoted from Archon9000:

On an average 3 ball game, I lose 2 balls from the ball exiting the right side of the pop bumpers and not getting held up by that wire gate. Ball goes straight down the middle. No chance in hell of saving it.
I'm going to get a piece of piano wire and try to make my own gate that is slightly wider. As you mentioned, it's very annoying!

Had the same problem. The wire gate has a tab that sets it's position. If you rotate the gate so the tab disengages, it helps direct the ball to the right ball guide to avoid center drains.

#5796 5 years ago

New to hobby
I purchase a HUO GB premium I notice my flipper feel sloppy or better said they dont feel like responsive/crips when I push the flipper buttons is there a way to adjust or do I have to do a flipper rebuild? Any help would be greatly appreciated..

#5797 5 years ago

If anyone is interested, Pinball Life has replacement node 8 boards in stock for only $162.00. cheapest I've seen them. Picked one just in case.

#5798 5 years ago

I'm confused, is it the common node 8 board that seems to fail the most? It can be replaced by 520-7017-72 according to that spreadsheet. This seems to be widely used so would likely be available for some time as so many machines use it? Is there a GB specific node board that could potentially be hard to get it if they stop producing them that would be good to have as spare?

Or is node8 both the most common failure point as well as most flexible? Not to be confused by Node 8a and 8b.

#5799 5 years ago

I just got a score I wanted to add to the high scores list and when I looked at what code my machine is on it said V1.13 then I looked at the Stern code update page and it says 1.13.0 is from 05/25/18. I thought the code was older than that. Am I missing something and btw do you think theres' new code on the way? Cheers.

#5800 5 years ago

The Read Me says 1.13 is from January 2017.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/116?hl=hookedonpinonics and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.