B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 250.
#5701 5 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

New Ghostbusters Movie coming in 2020
Directed by Jason Reitman
Wow
This is epic news!!
I sense a Ghostbusters Vault coming our way next year.
There is finally hope for Code updates
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new-ghostbusters-movie-jason-reitman/amp/

giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#5702 5 years ago

To Stern: talk is cheap and your talk doesn’t get any cheaper.

Make GB rules as good as AS.

#5703 5 years ago

Wow
This is epic news!!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new-ghostbusters-movie-jason-reitman/amp/

This should be really good. I'll go see it.

#5704 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I call bullshit of that comment with the mode being a mistake and it should not of been on the card. If it made it on to the games rule card, went through numerous art checks etc then it should be part of the game or it should of been taken off very early days
What he really needs to do is use the red outlane inserts to stay lit when in the flippers swap and turn off when it goes back to regular, man I drain so often as hard to determine when you are in that mode or not. The wizard modes need to be a little more exciting as well - maybe he can check out the GB rules suggestion thread or it be sent to him.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list

Having a visual cue (the red inserts) indicating flipper reversal status would be a godsend. Maybe something like this...

Off = Normal Flippers
Rapid flashing = Get ready, flippers are changing
On = Reversed Flippers

#5705 5 years ago

Wow
This is epic news!!

Another classic example of Stern putting out a pinball machine 2 movies into a franchise with a third on the way...

Kidding! Awesome news for GB fans. It would be really incredible if the pin found its way into the new movie somehow. They have one in the lobby of the GB offices on the Sony Pictures lot. Make it happen Stern marketing!

#5706 5 years ago

Wow
This is epic news!!

Interesting.

Obviously, the first movie was a "lightning in a bottle" type scenario, so he has some, preverbal, big shoes to fill. However, It sounds like Jason has a lot of passion around this project. Plus the lineage of his father directing the first one is a cool tie-in. I'm very curious to see how it turns out!

#5707 5 years ago

Reitman I guess is a good move to sell tickets but beyond that there's 0 excitement. None of his stuff has really impressed me and the team in placed then was makes it such a classic.

#5708 5 years ago

Where can I find the latest sound mixes? I have one that I put on my premium a while back that's a big improvement over the stock music, but there are a few things about it I'm not thrilled with. In particular, I don't like the music used for "Who Brought the Dog?" It starts out strong but then gets very slow and doesn't fit the game very well. I'm also not a fan of the music used during "Spooked Librarian". What I do love is the Bobby Brown music during "We've Got One" and the "Spook Central" music taken directly from the movie. I also love the shooter groove music from the movie. Is there a newer version that still has the stuff I love in it but has the other stuff either original or changed for the better?

#5709 5 years ago

Just made another run. Left side ramp and right side orbit protectors.

Shipping on Friday, let me know.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-1#post-4790705
448694EC-418E-4758-8F11-2E26AB74C791 (resized).png448694EC-418E-4758-8F11-2E26AB74C791 (resized).png60998B9D-2FE1-46D0-8F84-3581BA3C5CA4 (resized).png60998B9D-2FE1-46D0-8F84-3581BA3C5CA4 (resized).png3961040F-260D-4286-8AD0-983AC1F6F093 (resized).png3961040F-260D-4286-8AD0-983AC1F6F093 (resized).pngB3F43580-3527-458D-8F78-1C53458A375C (resized).pngB3F43580-3527-458D-8F78-1C53458A375C (resized).png

#5710 5 years ago

There was another thread at one point where this was work was done/shared (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-pro-custom-code-v113/page/7)

I really like this, makes all the difference. I believe The Who Brought the Dog, on this one is the original Stern music. It's annoying because it happens ALL the time for most players.

You can rebuild / tweak the audio via a utility, but I never got around to it.

But I was curious, now that colorDMD is out, if there is an update. Because I believe you have to update the code to run the color DMD. Going to zombie post in that thread too.

Quoted from gweempose:

Where can I find the latest sound mixes? I have one that I put on my premium a while back that's a big improvement over the stock music, but there are a few things about it I'm not thrilled with. In particular, I don't like the music used for "Who Brought the Dog?" It starts out strong but then gets very slow and doesn't fit the game very well. I'm also not a fan of the music used during "Spooked Librarian". What I do love is the Bobby Brown music during "We've Got One" and the "Spook Central" music taken directly from the movie. I also love the shooter groove music from the movie. Is there a newer version that still has the stuff I love in it but has the other stuff either original or changed for the better?

#5711 5 years ago

You do not have to update the game code to run ColorDMD.
You do have to download a firmware update for the ColorDMD board to make it game specific.

#5712 5 years ago

I just installed the ColorDMD in my game a few days ago. While it's not the most impressive colorization I've seen, I still think it's a big improvement over the standard red DMD.

#5713 5 years ago

Better late than never, I suppose! I am finally in the club! Delivered today, with a Dec 06, 2018 build date. Now to do everything that you all recommended - Thanks!

IMG_6714 (resized).JPGIMG_6714 (resized).JPG
#5714 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I did the Pro version. I believe Cleland and Delt31 did a Premium version.

If you’re comfortable with pinball browser, you can download the custom code and tweak to your liking. On the latest Pro version, the ‘Who brought the dog’ is the original Stern music.

I plan on doing an updated mix when new code is dropped.

#5715 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If you’re comfortable with pinball browser, you can download the custom code and tweak to your liking.

I've messed around with several SAM games, but I've never used Pinball Browser on a Spike game. I've heard it's a bit more complicated.

#5716 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I've messed around with several SAM games, but I've never used Pinball Browser on a Spike game. I've heard it's a bit more complicated.

Not really. In my experience, it’s fairly similar. Once you get over the learning curve (and adjust volumes), it’s not too bad.

BDK was a nightmare because of the callout volume. GB was pretty straightforward.

#5717 5 years ago
Quoted from Mdanielb:

Better late than never, I suppose! I am finally in the club! Delivered today, with a Dec 06, 2018 build date. Now to do everything that you all recommended - Thanks!
[quoted image]

Nice! Is Ghostbusters still on the assembly line then? Thats just last month!

#5718 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Nice! Is Ghostbusters still on the assembly line then? Thats just last month!

Thanks! They JUST stopped production according to my distributor. He claims that there are quite a few PROs left NIB, but that Premiums are nearly gone.

#5719 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

thanks for the support guys, in which about 10 people took advantage of the sale which is still running for a few more hours.

I installed the standup targets brackets today. They seem well printed and fit well. Unfortunately, for me I am not sure how much of a reduction it gave in airballs. I still felt like I was 50% or higher airballs of the targrts. Probably reduced it some, but I am still seeing a lot of airballs. Oh well, I still appreciate you designing these.

#5720 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I installed the standup targets brackets today. They seem well printed and fit well. Unfortunately, for me I am not sure how much of a reduction it gave in airballs. I still felt like I was 50% or higher airballs of the targrts. Probably reduced it some, but I am still seeing a lot of airballs. Oh well, I still appreciate you designing these.

Replace the foam on the target with stiffer foam.

#5721 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Thanks for giving it a try and I am surprised as though never promised to totally remove the airballs I am surprised you are still getting 50% airballs.

Is it a brand new game or had a few months of play? if the game is new things will tame down a little and you should see a difference so leave them in.

#5722 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Is it a brand new game or had a few months of play? if the game is new things will tame down a little and you should see a difference so leave them in.

No the game is old. LE (with replacement populated playfield, so "newer" than it originally was).

As I said, I am still happy with the purchase, and I don't want to install airball sheilds, so I live with it.

I was spending a lot of time trying to dial things in yesterday. Had the shooter lane ramp out about 3 times trying to tweak the shape to improve the launch. My first playfield had a much better launch. Got it better, but not perfect. Just the joys of pinball ownership.

#5723 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Thanks for giving it a try and I am surprised as though never promised to totally remove the airballs I am surprised you are still getting 50% airballs.

Here is what I did and I have almost zero air balls. I replaced the foam on the back of the Target with a stiffer foam. I think I got them at Pinball life. The original foam isn’t even thick enough to touch the targets. They can bend back very easy and you have already erased the tilt. The new foam works perfect. Just have to adjust the switch to your liking since the target will not move as much as the original. I then added a small thin washer to the lower screw between the target and the new mount to give it just a hint more tilt. I have almost zero air balls now. The only time the ball might lift is if I hit the target 50% or more off center but it’s still not that bad. Your mileage may vary.

#5724 5 years ago

Anyone else as pissed off as I am at the way Dwight is treating this game.
Here is a clip from TWIP of an interview Dwight did last week on Head 2 Head.
To me he comes across as not giving a crap.
Says the Librarian insert may get “its own little rule” but just because of all the fuss we made. Not because he thinks it could make the game more fun.
Then he goes on to say he still considers the game “done”. And that “Are you a God” Wizard mode should have never been printed on the instruction card. WTF!!!!
In fact the only thing I agree with him on is that Loopin Supers should be its own mode with no interruptions.
Highly disappointed.

Dwight Sullivan joined Marty and Ryan at the Head 2 Head Pinball Podcast last week to talk all things Munsters! Along with discussing Munsters, they also had this conversation regarding Ghostbusters Pinball:

H2H: What are your thoughts on where the code is?
Dwight: So you’re asking me what I think should be fixed on Ghostbusters?

H2H: Yes, without having to tell us what has been fixed because you can’t…I guess what I’m really asking is do you think it is a monumental task ahead of you?
Dwight: No it is not monumental…but every code takes much longer than you think, even the simplest thing is usually a few days of work. So Ghostbusters, what I would like to see is…one of the highest things on my list is…I think the game is too messy. I think that when you’re playing it and you’re working your way up that center ladder of ghosts that you have collected, too many things are stacking on top of each and it is just a big hot mess. I would like to see looping supers never stacked with anything else…I have ideas of how I would fix this, and I have to actually get there and fix it. I want that [looping supers] to be kind of a moment.

H2H: The Librarian insert at the scoop – is that something that is on the to-do list?
Dwight: Now it is. The library insert was never designed to be a feature or a mode or it’s own little rule, it was only supposed to be an indicator of – “hey, shoot here” because you’re playing a librarian mode. And sure it is under used, I agree, but it was never ever meant to be a feature, never meant to be much more than it is right now. But now it has become a thing, so it will probably get its own little rule.

H2H: So [the possible wizard mode Are you a God] was on the instruction card…
Dwight: That was never meant to be part of 1.0…Ghostbusters is messy and I wish I could clean that up and there are some bugs, and of course I would love to fix bugs, and I will as soon as I can. I think We Came We Saw We Kicked its Ass could be a little more polished…it should be worth more and could be a little more interesting. But I think Ghostbusters is “complete”, if it wasn’t buggy and wasn’t messy we could call it done. Are You a God is a wizard mode that I thought about, and I put it on the instruction card and that was a huge mistake…it didn’t have a design…it was kind of flavor text on the instruction card. We could do that someday, but it never happened and I don’t know if it will.

#5725 5 years ago

it doesn't help that the head2head guys aren't fans of GB, as there are more issues like the flippers swapping and a better indicator of when they are swapped, mixing up the ladders a little

overall I think Dwight just wants to move on and almost couldn't be bothered with GB which is a shame, unlike Lyman that wants to make every game a masterpiece

#5726 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

it doesn't help that the head2head guys aren't fans of GB, as there are more issues like the flippers swapping and a better indicator of when they are swapped, mixing up the ladders a little
overall I think Dwight just wants to move on and almost couldn't be bothered with GB which is a shame, unlike Lyman that wants to make every game a masterpiece

Exactly.
I had such high hopes for this game.
If Lyman was on it I would at least have hope left.

#5727 5 years ago

The annoying part is that he phrases it in a way that makes it seem like it's not even started. Stern has said an update is coming for what, 14 months so far? And now it's "delayed" but still on the list. What was it before, "on schedule"? If they aren't going to let Dwight work on it, then put somebody else on it with his list of updates and fixes. I don't care if it's not the most efficient way to do it, get it done and make the GB owners happy. GB is the only modern Stern I own (no Stars gotcha for you!) and I REALLY want to get an Iron Maiden this year. If/when I'm able to do that it might come down to the current state of GB. If we are going on 20 months waiting for code and I can get an IM, I won't. I'll likely sell GB around that time since it will have hopefully crossed 100% ROI and my spreadsheet will look happy. I like this game a lot, but this "last of the DMD's" sure has been ignored.

#5728 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Says the Librarian insert may get “its own little rule” but just because of all the fuss we made. Not because he thinks it could make the game more fun.
Then he goes on to say he still considers the game “done”. And that “Are you a God” Wizard mode should have never been printed on the instruction card. WTF!!!!
In fact the only thing I agree with him on is that Loopin Supers should be its own mode with no interruptions.
Highly disappointed.
Dwight Sullivan joined Marty and Ryan at the Head 2 Head Pinball Podcast last week to talk all things Munsters! Along with discussing Munsters, they also had this conversation regarding Ghostbusters Pinball:
H2H: Yes, without having to tell us what has been fixed because you can’t…I guess what I’m really asking is do you think it is a monumental task ahead of you?
Dwight: No it is not monumental…but every code takes much longer than you think, even the simplest thing is usually a few days of work. So Ghostbusters, what I would like to see is…one of the highest things on my list is…I think the game is too messy. I think that when you’re playing it and you’re working your way up that center ladder of ghosts that you have collected, too many things are stacking on top of each and it is just a big hot mess. I would like to see looping supers never stacked with anything else…I have ideas of how I would fix this, and I have to actually get there and fix it. I want that [looping supers] to be kind of a moment.
H2H: The Librarian insert at the scoop – is that something that is on the to-do list?
Dwight: Now it is. The library insert was never designed to be a feature or a mode or it’s own little rule, it was only supposed to be an indicator of – “hey, shoot here” because you’re playing a librarian mode. And sure it is under used, I agree, but it was never ever meant to be a feature, never meant to be much more than it is right now. But now it has become a thing, so it will probably get its own little rule.
Dwight: That was never meant to be part of 1.0…Ghostbusters is messy and I wish I could clean that up and there are some bugs, and of course I would love to fix bugs, and I will as soon as I can. I think We Came We Saw We Kicked its Ass could be a little more polished…it should be worth more and could be a little more interesting. But I think Ghostbusters is “complete”, if it wasn’t buggy and wasn’t messy we could call it done. Are You a God is a wizard mode that I thought about, and I put it on the instruction card and that was a huge mistake…it didn’t have a design…it was kind of flavor text on the instruction card. We could do that someday, but it never happened and I don’t know if it will.

I kind of felt the same way. I don’t think GB is broken by any stretch, but Dwight came across as noncommittal and even annoyed that there were any critiques. Zach at TWIP said Ryan and Marty were harsh, and I disagree totally. I thought they asked valid questions, and Dwight came across as pretty defensive.

Dwight said it takes longer than you’d think to code or update a game, and I believe him. But it’s been well over a year since Stern mentioned an update to clean up the nagging issues.

I still love the game, but by Dwight’s own admission, it’s a bit messy.

#5729 5 years ago

How are the g-h-o-s-t lights under slimmer supposed to work ? Mine are all on and all blink until you hit the target then they blink in sequence. they never do anything else . Thought I read somewhere that later in the game less letters will be spotted for the player. This never happens on my machine . So not sure I read it wrong or if my machine is not working properly

#5730 5 years ago

I’m jumping into the fray and thinking of getting a Ghostbusters. I’m sure it’s been asked before,so please bear with me. Which model should I get? Any really advantage of the LE? There’s a bunch of GB in the marketplace. Is there anything specific to this game to look for when buying used, buying tips. Thanks!

#5731 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I’m jumping into the fray and thinking of getting a Ghostbusters. I’m sure it’s been asked before,so please bear with me. Which model should I get? Any really advantage of the LE? There’s a bunch of GB in the marketplace. Is there anything specific to this game to look for when buying used, buying tips. Thanks!

You’ll hear this often because it’s true, but play each one and decide. If you don’t have access, watch some YouTube videos and read the reviews.

I like every feature of the Premium except the magnaslings. I have the Pro and I don’t have any of the cheap drain problems some other owners seem to have. The airball protector is a must, though.

#5732 5 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

I think GB is a good game and just needs a little polish. For me the Pro is ample, was not a huge fan of the magnaslings, would of loved the through the playfield ramp but both are fun games

I am working on a few game play changing mods that hopefully work and add a bit more playing pleasure after I finish snackbar mods

#5733 5 years ago

And I think the magna-slings are super cool and perfectly fit the theme!

#5734 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

And I think the magna-slings are super cool and perfectly fit the theme!

Same here, i LOVE them!

#5735 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Highly disappointed.

Maybe Email your'e concerns to George Gomez?
Isn't he in charge now of this type of thing??

Better yet, ask George to get Lyman S to fix this mess.

#5736 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Zach at TWIP said Ryan and Marty were harsh, and I disagree totally. I thought they asked valid questions, and Dwight came across as pretty defensive.
Dwight said it takes longer than you’d think to code or update a game, and I believe him. But it’s been well over a year since Stern mentioned an update to clean up the nagging issues.
I still love the game, but by Dwight’s own admission, it’s a bit messy.

Zach must have been smoking weed at the time!

#5737 5 years ago

I ordered the Ecto Shield Protector Mod, and am just wondering after seeing how large it is, if others have it, and feel it's necessary for protection of the Ecto glass?

Any thoughts? My GB is one of the newer productions, so has the Stern installed side protector....

#5738 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

I ordered the Ecto Shield Protector Mod, and am just wondering after seeing how large it is, if others have it, and feel it's necessary for protection of the Ecto glass?
Any thoughts? My GB is one of the newer productions, so has the Stern installed side protector....

Yep, put it on. You won't even notice it afterya get used to it. An airball will land on that screen and make you cry.

#5739 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yep, put it on. You won't even notice it afterya get used to it. An airball will land on that screen and make you cry.

Did same and agree I don’t notice it

#5740 5 years ago

Not installed on mine and zero airballs on my screen

#5741 5 years ago

Okay... So I still haven't gotten my Ghostbusters yet... Hope to before the year is out... Have played it in the wild more than a few times though, and also I did get the table on my ps4 stern pinball arcade. Which is fun to play and helpful for learning the rules of this game.
So... I finally got an appreciation for the modes and how they're activated, but I do think they're still just a smidge to linear... But, now I know you do have a few choices with them. But, if you choose the skillshot start mode, that is always who brought the dog. And I'm still not 100% certain on how locks for storage mb are lit, besides the captured ghosts and the light lock reward for the pop bumpers. And also how tobins tells me its now lit and yet I cannot always seem to claim it, and the same is true for video modes...
But, I'll plug away on it and try to pay more attention. Again... Not having to plunk 30 dollars on it at a time to play it, I have found that I discovering new things about the code and its better than I thought at first...
Still doesn't help me, as it is a brutal game.

My question to you all is about the video mode. The ESP one. I like that it uses the audio from the movie from this and its a great scene... But, how do you know when you need to quit the mode? When do you know its time to cash out of the mode?
That is why I don't play that mode that often as I get more points from Don't Cross the Streams... Honestly Don't cross the streams is a bit more fun though. I think it could have been better if they made the capture quicker and slightly faster paced... But, its a strategy game really and I can actually beat it... Which makes me happy.

#5742 5 years ago

You can cycle the lower skill shot to any of the 3 shots that have a mode tied to them. One flipper button cycles the upper, and the other does the lower. Do this before you plunge.

Locks are lit in 2 different ways. Collecting ghosts will light a lock at (I think) 10, 20, and 50. Would be nice if you could adjust those 3 levels. The other way is to hit the captive ball on the left side. If you do 2 balls within 20 or 30 seconds it will light all 3 locks. If you do 3 balls over any amount of time it will also light all 3 locks. I'm pretty sure on these numbers, but have recently moved my GB from a minor location I have to my main location that I'm at once a week for tournaments, so I'm sure I'm off on at least something.

For the guessing mode, it's pretty much that. Dwight has said your odds are better in the beginning (first 3 or 5 maybe) and then after that it gets harder. Don't Cross The Streams will get you almost 60m if you win. Unless you can do better guessing cards on a regular basis, I'd just take Streams unless you want to see how far you can guess. My friend got it up to over 100 (112? 124?) million once because he didn't know how to cash in yet and just kept going until he got it wrong.

I bet you will enjoy the game. I really do. I'm pretty vocal about an update only because they have teased it for 15 months. Small updates from time to time instead of this massive wait for hopefully a massive update would have been a lot better. I'm really hoping it happens soon and it fixes all of the known issues and balances the game out some.

#5743 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... So I still haven't gotten my Ghostbusters yet... Hope to before the year is out... Have played it in the wild more than a few times though, and also I did get the table on my ps4 stern pinball arcade. Which is fun to play and helpful for learning the rules of this game.
So... I finally got an appreciation for the modes and how they're activated, but I do think they're still just a smidge to linear... But, now I know you do have a few choices with them. But, if you choose the skillshot start mode, that is always who brought the dog. And I'm still not 100% certain on how locks for storage mb are lit, besides the captured ghosts and the light lock reward for the pop bumpers. And also how tobins tells me its now lit and yet I cannot always seem to claim it, and the same is true for video modes...
But, I'll plug away on it and try to pay more attention. Again... Not having to plunk 30 dollars on it at a time to play it, I have found that I discovering new things about the code and its better than I thought at first...
Still doesn't help me, as it is a brutal game.
My question to you all is about the video mode. The ESP one. I like that it uses the audio from the movie from this and its a great scene... But, how do you know when you need to quit the mode? When do you know its time to cash out of the mode?
That is why I don't play that mode that often as I get more points from Don't Cross the Streams... Honestly Don't cross the streams is a bit more fun though. I think it could have been better if they made the capture quicker and slightly faster paced... But, its a strategy game really and I can actually beat it... Which makes me happy.

Like desertT1 mentioned above, you can select which mode you want via skillshot. Just cycle the skill shot to whichever ladder you want and make sure the arrow is blue. Then you have to make that your first shot. If your ball hits another shot switch then it is void and you have to hit the ghost sign and hit Slimer 3 times. I like scrolling my skill shot to the spooked librarian and starting that ladder. Its only 2 modes so you can get to We Came We Saw quicker.

#5744 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

You can cycle the lower skill shot to any of the 3 shots that have a mode tied to them. One flipper button cycles the upper, and the other does the lower. Do this before you plunge.
Locks are lit in 2 different ways. Collecting ghosts will light a lock at (I think) 10, 20, and 50. Would be nice if you could adjust those 3 levels. The other way is to hit the captive ball on the left side. If you do 2 balls within 20 or 30 seconds it will light all 3 locks. If you do 3 balls over any amount of time it will also light all 3 locks. I'm pretty sure on these numbers, but have recently moved my GB from a minor location I have to my main location that I'm at once a week for tournaments, so I'm sure I'm off on at least something.
For the guessing mode, it's pretty much that. Dwight has said your odds are better in the beginning (first 3 or 5 maybe) and then after that it gets harder. Don't Cross The Streams will get you almost 60m if you win. Unless you can do better guessing cards on a regular basis, I'd just take Streams unless you want to see how far you can guess. My friend got it up to over 100 (112? 124?) million once because he didn't know how to cash in yet and just kept going until he got it wrong.
I bet you will enjoy the game. I really do. I'm pretty vocal about an update only because they have teased it for 15 months. Small updates from time to time instead of this massive wait for hopefully a massive update would have been a lot better. I'm really hoping it happens soon and it fixes all of the known issues and balances the game out some.

Thanks for the tips guys.
And yes... I already love this game. Its frustrating and it kicks my butt most of the time. And only about half the times do I play it in the wild do I ever get a replay on it. I know at home it'll be better and easier for me to get deeper and farther into it... Just a lot of really cool pinball machines I'd like to own and so little money...
But, I really think the overall theme, and design are why I want this. Its actually a good and unique pinball machine. But, I know the theme is something that I myself love, and my whole entire family will love. From the young nieces and nephews who are under 10, to my brothers and sisters, and my father will also love this game.
I think his favorite mode might be the start of Spook Central. "Yes, its true... This man has no BLEEP!" That's one of his favorite lines ever in film history. And he's a big film buff.
Personally I think this game also has the best callouts. Not just Mr. Ernie Hudson's custom ones. Those are really good. And at first I thought he only said really big score, but I'm happy that he actually from time to time says twinkie.
But, its great hearing the actual lines from the movies. Anyone seen a ghost. We came we saw... And of course who brought the dog!!!
I can get and understand why some people don't like this machine.
But, I always enjoy playing it... Even if it pisses me off with how brutal it can be. And I think its actually more for the home market, then route. Just my opinion.

#5745 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Thanks for the tips guys.
And yes... I already love this game. Its frustrating and it kicks my butt most of the time. And only about half the times do I play it in the wild do I ever get a replay on it. I know at home it'll be better and easier for me to get deeper and farther into it... Just a lot of really cool pinball machines I'd like to own and so little money...
But, I really think the overall theme, and design are why I want this. Its actually a good and unique pinball machine. But, I know the theme is something that I myself love, and my whole entire family will love. From the young nieces and nephews who are under 10, to my brothers and sisters, and my father will also love this game.
I think his favorite mode might be the start of Spook Central. "Yes, its true... This man has no BLEEP!" That's one of his favorite lines ever in film history. And he's a big film buff.
Personally I think this game also has the best callouts. Not just Mr. Ernie Hudson's custom ones. Those are really good. And at first I thought he only said really big score, but I'm happy that he actually from time to time says twinkie.
But, its great hearing the actual lines from the movies. Anyone seen a ghost. We came we saw... And of course who brought the dog!!!
I can get and understand why some people don't like this machine.
But, I always enjoy playing it... Even if it pisses me off with how brutal it can be. And I think its actually more for the home market, then route. Just my opinion.

Having a nice home use GB that is set up nice and plays well is always a joy to play on. It is my brothers favorite game when he comes over for weekly pinball and we spend many hours on it. I have had mine for over a year and it never gets boring. Call outs, music, light show, shot layout.....its all great. I always turn the local pinheads on this game that hate it. Once they spend some time on mine they always walk away liking it. Get the air ball protectors and lower your right ramp via hex screw and you will have a very enjoyable experience.

#5746 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Having a nice home use GB that is set up nice and plays well is always a joy to play on. It is my brothers favorite game when he comes over for weekly pinball and we spend many hours on it. I have had mine for over a year and it never gets boring. Call outs, music, light show, shot layout.....its all great. I always turn the local pinheads on this game that hate it. Once they spend some time on mine they always walk away liking it. Get the air ball protectors and lower your right ramp via hex screw and you will have a very enjoyable experience.

Another thing that really helps to make this game more fun is to close up the outlanes as much as you can. It doesnt make a huge difference but it makes a little bit of a difference and every little thing helps on this game here. I love my GB and have no desire to sell it.

#5747 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Another thing that really helps to make this game more fun is to close up the outlanes as much as you can. It doesnt make a huge difference but it makes a little bit of a difference and every little thing helps on this game here. I love my GB and have no desire to sell it.

Agreed. Mine are lowered as well. I also have the post for my center drain that also serves as the heightened outlanes so I have no cheap ball hops.

#5748 5 years ago

Hoping someone can help me. I need to replace the coil stop on the bottom pop bumper. Not the stop bracket, but the little piece that fits in the coil sleeve. I was hoping someone knew where i could get one since i cant find it anywhere. Or a part number even. Thanks!

#5749 5 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Hoping someone can help me. I need to replace the coil stop on the bottom pop bumper. Not the stop bracket, but the little piece that fits in the coil sleeve. I was hoping someone knew where i could get one since i cant find it anywhere. Or a part number even. Thanks!

I think you have to replace the entire bracket as the coil stop is integrated. The par number is: 515-5939-00

Here are a couple of links:
https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-pop-bumper-bracket.html
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/B-7417
http://www.actionpinball.com/parts.php?item=515-5939-00
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/metal-parts/pop-bumber-bracket-b-7417-04-10888-stern-515-5939-00/

#5750 5 years ago

Thank you, but thats not the part. In the coil sleeve theres a metal piece in the end of it. That metal piece/coil sleeve is what im looking for. Ill post a pic tonight

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/115?hl=alby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.