IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 249.
#5651 5 years ago

UPDATE to post #5648 My drop targets were machine gunning up and down, it was insane and definitely not right. I had just installed the pinball life spring fix for the scoleri bros drop targets a few days prior. They obviously do not work on my machine. I put the original springs back in and played a few games and had ZERO issues with the targets.

#5652 5 years ago

One more work day left in the year to get some 2018 love. Amazing how it was teased in Oct 2017, and then all of 2018 happened with nothing. Seeing all of the updates that have happened this year, just in December alone, this is now nothing more but a bad joke.

This game is going back to my main location very soon, and hopefully an update will shortly follow. So much potential in the theme and layout, hopefully code gets finished off soon.

#5653 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

One more work day left in the year to get some 2018 love. Amazing how it was teased in Oct 2017, and then all of 2018 happened with nothing. Seeing all of the updates that have happened this year, just in December alone, this is now nothing more but a bad joke.

Gomez specifically said at Expo that GB was due for an update, but it wouldn't happen until 2019.

#5654 5 years ago

Zach Sharp on Head2Head podcast recently said that it was getting an update soon as well.

Just hope Dwight is not doing the next games code as then we are screwed for a while longer.

#5655 5 years ago

Let's hope Dwight's not burnt out and puts in a poor effort in the next update.

#5656 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Zach Sharp on Head2Head podcast recently said that it was getting an update soon as well.
Just hope Dwight is not doing the next games code as then we are screwed for a while longer.

Dwight is rumored to be on Munsters, and pics are out there of it in the line. So maybe when that’s at 1.0...

#5657 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Dwight is rumored to be on Munsters, and pics are out there of it in the line. So maybe when that’s at 1.0...

I was worried about that....

#5658 5 years ago

Well then munsters is out for me. I won't buy anymore Dwight titles because he doesn't seem to finish any of late

#5659 5 years ago

I saw something earlier that Munsters is going to have a very similar rule to GB with the super jackpots. Many ways to build and collect them. That’s honestly one of my favorite features, but yes, an update is definitely still needed

#5660 5 years ago

Just ordered a NIB GB Premium. I think I'm going to get a mod I saw with the flipper airball plastic and overhanging center post (if you want it on there). Are there other mods that might be recommended? I did opt for a shaker, too.

#5661 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

Just ordered a NIB GB Premium. I think I'm going to get a mod I saw with the flipper airball plastic and overhanging center post (if you want it on there). Are there other mods that might be recommended? I did opt for a shaker, too.

My Leg Lights look great on the game.

GBLE green. (resized).jpgGBLE green. (resized).jpg
#5662 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

There are lots of mods. I think my most recommended mod for this game are Swinks Target Brackets:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/GRBNG4DQK/stern-target-bracket-v2-5deg2mm

I had issues with the ball launch being too powerful and hitting the gate. To combat that I got the heavy compression spring for the auto launch and the green spring for the manual launcher:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-437
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-148-4

I like my pins with ColorDMD too.

Lots more if you are into modding.

#5663 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

There are lots of mods for this game. The only ones I think are "must haves" are for airballs and the right ramp (not that it's really a mod). Whether you get the package with the center post, the different stand up brackets, or just the basic protectors, it's up to you how you stop them. Shortening the screw at the right ramp will cut rejects drastically. It doesn't make the shot easier, but shots that do hit will make it all the way around that hairpin. I went with just a 1/8" reduction to 1 7/8". I still get some roll-back rejects (it's how I know it's time to clean and re-wax). At 1 3/4" there's fewer, and at 1 5/8" there shouldn't be any, but I didn't like the way the ball came around super fast.

Everything else I think is visual. Get whatever appeals to you. ColorDMD looks much better than the basic orange, but it's expensive.

#5664 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

For Premium/LE (most apply to Pro):

Install cliffy's

Adjust height of drop targets
Adjust spring on drop targets (20-25 coils up)

Check & change balls

SLIMER butt nut - check slimer positions and butt nut

Put a washer under right ball guide (blue rubber bumper) to help playfield damage

Put mylar down - where the ball lands when shot out - shooter lane. Or install Cliffy's

Get the green spring for the manual shooter rod, and the high compression spring for the auto-launcher

Align flippers

Install the plastic air ball protector and right orbit protector (CPR9999 makes the best!)

Adjust the coil power in the service menu ADJ > G.B. > Feature Adjustment #11 - Trough Eject Power. Mine is set the lowest power 176

Check 14th street subway switch to make sure ball is changing switch state

Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with hammer (behind each sling shot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)

Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).

For those interested, making another run of Airball protectors. Check out Ad and videos.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-1

#5665 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Definitely a lot of stuff, for someone pretty new to pinball! Haha. I've always wondered, once mylar is down, can it be removed and replaced, without damage to the playfield?

Are there any general pinball tool kits that are recommended? I did order a few things from pinball life recently, one being a target switch adjuster, needed for my TNA. Any other must haves, particularly for doing some of these suggested mods?

#5666 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

I've always wondered, once mylar is down, can it be removed and replaced, without damage to the playfield?

Wax and buff that area and it should come right up when needed.

#5667 5 years ago
Quoted from callaway15:

I've always wondered, once mylar is down, can it be removed and replaced, without damage to the playfield?

Absolutely, just buy removable mylar/vinyl from Amazon and you can peel it right up anytime you want to. Its great stuff!

#5668 5 years ago

So, after being inspired by PinMonk great products for IMDN and Metallica, thought I would order up some gels from Amazon and give it a try on Ghostbusters since there is nothing out there. I color coded the "Ghosts Caught" light tree in the middle. Due to the insert being frosted, the colors are not as vibrant as the picture shows, but still better than the white I think. The PKE is yellow, picture just doesn't show it very well. Chose a light purple for Mass Hysteria since there is no real color to go with it, and it looked good. Was thinking of trying the mode inserts, but my brain just couldn't figure out what colors to use. Go with a certain color scale per mode tree? I'll have to have another Stout and figure it out

Colored Ghosts Caught-Portrait (resized).jpgColored Ghosts Caught-Portrait (resized).jpg
#5669 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

So, after being inspired by vireland great products for IMDN and Metallica, thought I would order up some gels from Amazon and give it a try on Ghostbusters since there is nothing out there. I color coded the "Ghosts Caught" light tree in the middle. Due to the insert being frosted, the colors are not as vibrant as the picture shows, but still better than the white I think. The PKE is yellow, picture just doesn't show it very well. Chose a light purple for Mass Hysteria since there is no real color to go with it, and it looked good. Was thinking of trying the mode inserts, but my brain just couldn't figure out what colors to use. Go with a certain color scale per mode tree? I'll have to have another Stout and figure it out
[quoted image]

Looks nice!

I actually like the idea of a white transitioning to a green or pink, similar to vireland’s mummy yellow transition inserts. For GB, the different colors may be too ‘rainbow’ for an already colorful playfield.

#5670 5 years ago

Yeah, the transition is what I was thinking for the mode trees. Wanted to color match the middle tree to what it went for. Like I said, the colors are more muted due to the inserts being frosted, so it doesn't quite jump out like the pictures show. Was worried at first, but like it as I know what is qualified easily by the color.

#5671 5 years ago

I like that! White to slime green transition would be cool!

#5672 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

So, after being inspired by vireland great products for IMDN and Metallica, thought I would order up some gels from Amazon and give it a try on Ghostbusters since there is nothing out there. I color coded the "Ghosts Caught" light tree in the middle. Due to the insert being frosted, the colors are not as vibrant as the picture shows, but still better than the white I think. The PKE is yellow, picture just doesn't show it very well. Chose a light purple for Mass Hysteria since there is no real color to go with it, and it looked good. Was thinking of trying the mode inserts, but my brain just couldn't figure out what colors to use. Go with a certain color scale per mode tree? I'll have to have another Stout and figure it out
[quoted image]

How does mod install from underneath playfield? Can you take some pictures?

#5673 5 years ago

I cut a piece of pteg that I had 2"x 11 1/2", marked where the inserts were and cut them out, hot glued the gels on, and screwed it with the LED board screws. I also used a couple nylon washers I had to keep the LED board off the insert. Wasn't the prettiest bracket since I don't have a 3d printer, but it worked. Kinda hard to take a picture unless I take the LED board off.

#5674 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I cut a piece of pteg that I had 2"x 11 1/2", marked where the inserts were and cut them out, hot glued the gels on, and screwed it with the LED board screws. I also used a couple nylon washers I had to keep the LED board off the insert. Wasn't the prettiest bracket since I don't have a 3d printer, but it worked. Kinda hard to take a picture unless I take the LED board off.

All you really need to do is put the gel in between the bulb and insert. Same effect with much less work.

#5675 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

All you really need to do is put the gel in between the bulb and insert. Same effect with much less work.

Yeah, I know. Didn't want to duct tape them on and have a chance of them coming loose. Cleaner this way, and if I want to take it off, I just unscrew it.

#5676 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

Yeah, I know. Didn't want to duct tape them on and have a chance of them coming loose. Cleaner this way, and if I want to take it off, I just unscrew it.

True dat. I'd maybe use Scotch tape to attach the gets to the Plexi, so you can change them out if you want to go for a gradual white to green.

#5677 5 years ago

looking to replace all my rubber ring on my ghost busters pro and was wondering who sells a good kit of replacement rubbers
Thanks

#5678 5 years ago

I got mine from Titan. Got their glow in the dark ones. Looks awesome on gb

#5679 5 years ago
Quoted from Supersquid:

I got mine from Titan. Got their glow in the dark ones. Looks awesome on gb

I did the same. Looks like they were made for the game, which is the way I like my mods.

#5680 5 years ago

When I hit the target that makes slimer go down I hear the sound when I hit the target but slimer does not go down any idea whats going on ?

#5681 5 years ago

My Scoleri Bros drop targets are not functioning as often as they were when I first got my pin. At first they were up a lot and now I never even notice them. I've also only seen one of them up, not both.

I ran a test and they worked but now I'm thinking I didn't run the right test. Any recommendations?

#5682 5 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

My Scoleri Bros drop targets are not functioning as often as they were when I first got my pin. At first they were up a lot and now I never even notice them. I've also only seen one of them up, not both.
I ran a test and they worked but now I'm thinking I didn't run the right test. Any recommendations?

Is it possible that you accidentally disabled one of them in the settings?

#5683 5 years ago

At least we got an update yesterday. Oh wait, it was just delayed from whatever invisible delivery date may or may not exist.

#5684 5 years ago
Quoted from Rokablly:

The activate when you hit the symmetrical book stacking captive ball twice (second is timed). Then the callout and animation should trigger. Easy to test.

Maybe your captive ball isn't working. Maybe you have just get better and don't miss and hit the captive ball

One at a tine also comes up in multiball.

#5685 5 years ago

Below are some notes I took regarding Ghostbusters code from the new Head2Head Pinball podcast interview with Dwight. Good stuff.

1. Highest item on Dwight's list for Ghostbusters is to do something about the game being too messy, said too many things stack. Would like to see Loopin Supers played on it's own and not stacked with other modes, should be a moment type mode to get to

2. Library insert - was never intended to be a feature or mode (used as indicator to shoot for in Librian mode) but will now get it's own little rule

3. Are you a God? - First off Dwight said yes he is (good answer lol), never meant to be part of 1.0, putting Are You a God on instruction card was a mistake, doesn't know if it will happen...

4. We Came We Saw - could be more polished, should be worth more and be more interesting

Dwight also went into how he will have more time after Munsters to work on other stuff. He said that it took Stern a long time to get to where they are at today. Mentioned how working on Spike revisions impacted code updates and how George Gomez has worked on hiring more programmers. According to Dwight Stern now has 9 in house programmers and 3 external. Programming staff used to be spread too thin but now is better. Finally he mentioned that programmers now get time after a release to work on other stuff and that he will get that time after Munsters.

#5686 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Would like to see Loopin Supers played on it's own and not stacked with other modes, should be a moment type mode to get to

I literally just came upstairs from playing a game where I got Loopin Supers during multiball. In my opinion, it completely takes all the fun out of the mode when this happens, so I'm glad to he hear Dwight is planning on addressing this. Coincidentally, I started PKE Frenzy during my second multiball. I'd also prefer if this couldn't be stacked either. Some people may like the ability to stack them, though, so ideally there should be an option in the menu for both of them.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

3. Are you a God? - First off Dwight said yes he is (good answer lol), never meant to be part of 1.0, putting Are You a God on instruction card was a mistake, doesn't know if it will happen...

I would interpret this as it absolutely will never happen.

#5687 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I literally just came upstairs from playing a game where I got Loopin Supers during multiball. In my opinion, it completely takes all the fun out of the mode when this happens, so I'm glad to he hear Dwight is planning on addressing this. Coincidentally, I started PKE Frenzy during my second multiball. I'd also prefer if this couldn't be stacked either. Some people may like the ability to stack them, though, so ideally there should be an option in the menu for both of them.

Yeah the Are You a God comment was a bummer. That is an advertised feature on a game that people paid thousands of dollars for it. It should and needs to be in the game.

#5688 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Below are some notes I took regarding Ghostbusters code from the new Head2Head Pinball podcast interview with Dwight. Good stuff.
1. Highest item on Dwight's list for Ghostbusters is to do something about the game being too messy, said too many things stack. Would like to see Loopin Supers played on it's own and not stacked with other modes, should be a moment type mode to get to
2. Library insert - was never intended to be a feature or mode (used as indicator to shoot for in Librian mode) but will now get it's own little rule
4. We Came We Saw - could be more polished, should be worth more and be more interesting
Dwight also went into how he will have more time after Munsters to work on other stuff. He said that it took Stern a long time to get to where they are at today. Mentioned how working on Spike revisions impacted code updates and how George Gomez has worked on hiring more programmers. According to Dwight Stern now has 9 in house programmers and 3 external. Programming staff used to be spread too thin but now is better. Finally he mentioned that programmers now get time after a release to work on other stuff and that he will get that time after Munsters.

Thanks for the summary! I like his thinking on modes like Loopin Supers. That mode is a real treat (the tune, the pressure, the satisfaction as you make the shots). It's under-appreciated, I think, because, quite often, it is running concurrently with multiball or something else. Regarding Are You a God, I was playing around with Pinball Browser a while back and noticed a lot of stuff in the firmware that I've never seen in the game (animations and callouts, including Are You a God callouts). That doesn't necessarily mean Are you a God will make it into the game, but there certainly is potential for neat stuff in future software updates.

#5689 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It sounded to me like the community is putting him on watch regarding the "Are you a god" mode. It sounded to me like he regrets the idea because it is leading to more work. The card clearly puts it as a mode. I bet plenty of people would be upset if it just never happened.

#5690 5 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

It sounded to me like the community is putting him on watch regarding the "Are you a god" mode. It sounded to me like he regrets the idea because it is leading to more work. The card clearly puts it as a mode. I bet plenty of people would be upset if it just never happened.

Seeing "Are You a God" on the rulescard first made me think "Wow, what a cool name for a super wizard mode, that's perfect". If it doesn't get added it will forever be a glaring reminder that Stern didn't keep their word and opens the door to people questioning whether or not Stern will do something similar in the future. Personally if it doesn't get added I'll likely never buy a NIB Stern again.

Gomez referred to "Are You a God" as missing from the game at Expo so I hope he would push to have it added.

#5691 5 years ago

The fact that he is still saying "highest on the list" leads me to believe that he hasn't even started this update. What a load...

#5692 5 years ago

I'm not happy if the mode is left out, but I'd like to remind people that this is not an isolated incident. As recent as jjp's potc spinning disks. What a great mech and plastered all over the brochures, blurting the overwhelming combinations those 3 disks would produce. Ah..... Gone. Now that's a game changer to me. God mode will be disappointing if left out but not a killer.

#5693 5 years ago

I’d like to see Dwight code a mode selection when you hit the ladder shot.

Each shot (left ramp, right scoop, library) can trap the ball, so I’d recommend offering a choice on the DMD of what mode you want.

Yeah, it wouldn’t necessarily follow the movie, but it beats playing ‘Okay who brought the dog’ every time.

#5694 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’d like to see Dwight code a mode selection when you hit the ladder shot.
Each shot (left ramp, right scoop, library) can trap the ball, so I’d recommend offering a choice on the DMD of what mode you want.
Yeah, it wouldn’t necessarily follow the movie, but it beats playing ‘Okay who brought the dog’ every time.

I get the thinking with wanting some randomization, but this would take more than just a selector. The way scoring is handled would have to be completely revamped. The lower level modes score about 20M when completed. Second level modes triple that. Top tier modes are MUCH larger. Being able to select any mode at any time would just mean you trade WBTD for StayPuft every time. We'd simply play the modes in reverse.

Hopefully, Dwight has more than just randomization up his sleeve. We'll have to wait and see.

#5695 5 years ago

As mudflats said wait and see And wait and wait and wait!!!!sorry guys I don’t trust him. I don’t think he’s motivated. He just wants to do a couple of things to say it’s finished and move on.
It will be nothing like Star Wars as far as polish and creativity.
Mark this post!

#5696 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Regarding Are You a God, I was playing around with Pinball Browser a while back and noticed a lot of stuff in the firmware that I've never seen in the game (animations and callouts, including Are You a God callouts).

I was wondering if they had animations/callouts already in the can for Are You a God, because I don't think they can go back and create new ones at this point. Not sure if they even still have a dot matrix animator on staff anymore with all the LCD stuff out now. I think creating new callouts would also require going back to the licensor for permission, unless they have a blanket permission to rip any audio they want out of the DVDs.

#5697 5 years ago

It doesn't seem that anything is "up his sleeve"

#5698 5 years ago

I call bullshit of that comment with the mode being a mistake and it should not of been on the card. If it made it on to the games rule card, went through numerous art checks etc then it should be part of the game or it should of been taken off very early days

What he really needs to do is use the red outlane inserts to stay lit when in the flippers swap and turn off when it goes back to regular, man I drain so often as hard to determine when you are in that mode or not. The wizard modes need to be a little more exciting as well - maybe he can check out the GB rules suggestion thread or it be sent to him.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list

#5699 5 years ago

"Are you a god" mode has its own audit screen. Bullshit it wasn't meant to be in there. As for being able to select the ladder...you should be able to select the lowest rung not completed in a ladder, from any given ladder. That way you don't jump right to the highest scoring ladder first. Make the shortest ladders harder than the "Who Brought the Dog" ladder. Move the "add 10% to your score" skill shot over to the right ramp so that the reward better matches the skill needed to make the shot.

#5700 5 years ago

New Ghostbusters Movie coming in 2020
Directed by Jason Reitman

Wow
This is epic news!!
I sense a Ghostbusters Vault coming our way next year.
There is finally hope for Code updates

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ew.com/movies/2019/01/15/new-ghostbusters-movie-jason-reitman/amp/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 12,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/114?hl=supersquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.