IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 250.
#5551 5 years ago

Yes, there is supposed to be 2 gate diverters on the top right. One from the pops into the right orbit, and one to guide it from the right orbit to the right flipper so it doesn't go down the middle.

#5552 5 years ago

Anyone wanting some parts from Shapeways - Cyber Monday Sale
The Code is HAPPYMONDAY at the checkout point which gives you 15% off

all Swinks stuff
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest

Pinball Tools
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkstool&sort=newest

Pinball Repro Parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksrepro&sort=newest

Ghostbusters parts including the target brackets
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

#5553 5 years ago

Has anyone ever ordered the Ghost Guard Kit from Marco? Worth the purchase?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=502-6990-00

#5554 5 years ago

Any way to increase the Slimer sensitivity? Just got my game over the weekend, and I think I have the "old" mech because it takes a really solid direct shot for Slimer hits to register.

#5555 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Any way to increase the Slimer sensitivity? Just got my game over the weekend, and I think I have the "old" mech because it takes a really solid direct shot for Slimer hits to register.

I am still dealing with this problem. He registers like 1 out of every 10 hits.

#5556 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Just remove the plate that sits @ the top of the mech. Where the wire goes in can be adjusted (close the gap to make slimer more sensitive)

#5557 5 years ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

Just remove the plate that sits @ the top of the mech. Where the wire goes in can be adjusted (close the gap to make slimer more sensitive)

Thank you! Will try that tonight.

#5558 5 years ago

It's been quite a while since I adjusted mine, but I put a few notes on top of the manual diagram on page 48:

slimer (resized).pngslimer (resized).png
#5559 5 years ago

I got a question for you better players: when you get to the point where your asked to choose the form of the destructor you get 3xs to chose from on the display,which one is the Marshmellowman??Thanks

#5560 5 years ago

The one I chose gave me the scolary bros.!

#5561 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I got a question for you better players: when you get to the point where your asked to choose the form of the destructor you get 3xs to chose from on the display,which one is the Marshmellowman??Thanks

You should have 4 "choices", being the four main shots. The inserts will be lit white for the active shots.

Quoted from hawkmoon:

The one I chose gave me the scolary bros.!

I'm not sure what's going on here, as all of the "choices" are the StayPuft Marshmallow Man. The X1, X2, etc are multipliers that you receive by hitting the lighted Gozer target in the back of the center shot (in the pops area). I'm not sure how the game distributes the multiplier. You have to get the ball settled for the screen to show you the X? / X? / X? / X? screen again. Each of the shots will have a X? multiplier assigned to it. No matter which one you shoot the "choice" is always the same. You must have grazed the captive ball to start Scolari Bros as you shot the right orbit or it awarded from the pops after making a shot. Either way, you should have also seen the "the choice is made..." graphic.

#5562 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

You should have 4 "choices", being the four main shots. The inserts will be lit white for the active shots.

I'm not sure what's going on here, as all of the "choices" are the StayPuft Marshmallow Man. The X1, X2, etc are multipliers that you receive by hitting the lighted Gozer target in the back of the center shot (in the pops area). I'm not sure how the game distributes the multiplier. You have to get the ball settled for the screen to show you the X? / X? / X? / X? screen again. Each of the shots will have a X? multiplier assigned to it. No matter which one you shoot the "choice" is always the same. You must have grazed the captive ball to start Scolari Bros as you shot the right orbit or it awarded from the pops after making a shot. Either way, you should have also seen the "the choice is made..." graphic.

When the mode starts you have a choice on what shot you want multiplied during this mode. I believe that if you hit the Gozer target in the back before making one of the shots it increases the multiplier. So when the mode starts, shoot Gozer however many times until you are satisfied at what your want it at and then choose what shot you want that to lock in. For instance, you hit Gozer 3 times before it times out so now your multiplier is at X3. Then you shoot for the right orbit. This right orbit shot is worth 3X so that shot will be worth 150K per shot since that mode starts off with 50k per shot. The first round in the stay puft you can hit any shot 4 times before it goes into the second part which you have to hit particular shots. So what you want to try and do is hit the right orbit (if that is the shot you picked) 4 times at 3x making that first part of Stay Puft worth 600K. I will test it out with the glass off tonight to make sure I am correct on this.

#5563 5 years ago

arcadenerd925 thank you SO MUCH for posting that. Just got my slimmer working, so happy!!!

#5564 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

When the mode starts you have a choice on what shot you want multiplied during this mode. I believe that if you hit the Gozer target in the back before making one of the shots it increases the multiplier. So when the mode starts, shoot Gozer however many times until you are satisfied at what your want it at and then choose what shot you want that to lock in. For instance, you hit Gozer 3 times before it times out so now your multiplier is at X3. Then you shoot for the right orbit. This right orbit shot is worth 3X so that shot will be worth 150K per shot since that mode starts off with 50k per shot. The first round in the stay puft you can hit any shot 4 times before it goes into the second part which you have to hit particular shots. So what you want to try and do is hit the right orbit (if that is the shot you picked) 4 times at 3x making that first part of Stay Puft worth 600K. I will test it out with the glass off tonight to make sure I am correct on this.

You’re correct. I blew mine up with that strategy numerous times.

#5565 5 years ago

I'm not sure that's correct. The initial "choose" screen shows X1 / X1 / X1 / X1 that correspond to the four lit shots. I don't believe that there is just a single multiplier that you apply to any one shot. As you hit the Gozer shot the screen changes. It can read X? / X? / X? / X? from X1 to X6 on each of the four slots. I believe whichever shot you use to start StayPuft, that X? multiplier applies. If that's not the case, why are there four X? slots on the "choose" screen that change individually?

#5566 5 years ago

It's been quite a while since I adjusted mine, but I put a few notes on top of the manual diagram on page 48:
[quoted image]

I did this to mine and now it registers every hit. Way nicer.

#5567 5 years ago

For instance, you hit Gozer 3 times before it times out so now your multiplier is at X3. Then you shoot for the right orbit. This right orbit shot is worth 3X so that shot will be worth 150K per shot since that mode starts off with 50k per shot. The first round in the stay puft you can hit any shot 4 times before it goes into the second part which you have to hit particular shots. So what you want to try and do is hit the right orbit (if that is the shot you picked) 4 times at 3x making that first part of Stay Puft worth 600K.

I got to StayPuft tonight and put the ball into the Gozer shot / pops three times. It bounced around quite a bit. After the third shot into Gozer I caught the ball to see where things were. The choice multipliers were X2 / X4 / X1 / X2. I shot the left ramp, and it started SP at X4. I shot the right orbit and it was worth X4 (200M). All shots were X4 (200M). So it definitely looks like whichever shot you hit to "choose", that multiplier is applied to all shots.

Maybe this is a code version difference. I'm on 1.13.

#5568 5 years ago

Made another run of protectors (left ramp and right orbit) based on requests from Pinsiders. Have a handful left.
Let me know if interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-1

095AE783-5C70-4DE5-9D50-F0BE7C861A6D (resized).png095AE783-5C70-4DE5-9D50-F0BE7C861A6D (resized).png919651BB-3C96-4BD1-9E02-DD3E0D5A5AF2 (resized).png919651BB-3C96-4BD1-9E02-DD3E0D5A5AF2 (resized).pngE5BDCB88-6607-458C-A8DE-D0026204C237 (resized).pngE5BDCB88-6607-458C-A8DE-D0026204C237 (resized).png
#5569 5 years ago

Thanks for the support guys, a number of people grabbed the target bracket

Shapeways 15% discount extended for all of Tuesday now

The Code is HAPPYMONDAY at the checkout point which gives you 15% off
all Swinks stuff

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinks&sort=newest
Pinball Tools
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinkstool&sort=newest
Pinball Repro Parts
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksrepro&sort=newest

and Shapeways is introducing a price rise on the 1st Jan 2019 so in a months time everything will be 25-30% more expensive.

#5570 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I got to StayPuft tonight and put the ball into the Gozer shot / pops three times. It bounced around quite a bit. After the third shot into Gozer I caught the ball to see where things were. The choice multipliers were X2 / X4 / X1 / X2. I shot the left ramp, and it started SP at X4. I shot the right orbit and it was worth X4 (200M). All shots were X4 (200M). So it definitely looks like whichever shot you hit to "choose", that multiplier is applied to all shots.

Interesting. Thanks for checking on! I did not have time to play around with it but that sounds right.

#5571 5 years ago

I ordered the brackets, will report back after I install them.

#5572 5 years ago

I ordered the Swinks angled brackets for the targets as my plexi airball protector broke in 2 pieces. Looking forward to see how these perform.

I almost ordered the white GB shooter decal, which looked cool but would rather buy stuff that makes the game play better.

#5573 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The only remaining question is how does it determine which shot to increment the multiplier on with each Gozer hit. It's either random or changed by pop bumper hits.

#5574 5 years ago

thanks for the support guys, in which about 10 people took advantage of the sale which is still running for a few more hours.

#5575 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

The only remaining question is how does it determine which shot to increment the multiplier on with each Gozer hit. It's either random or changed by pop bumper hits.

I think it will take someone with a Stern connection to find out the answer to that. Glass off testing would take a lot of test runs to isolate if there is a pattern to how it hits the Gozer target and bumpers and assigns the multiplier. To get the mix of multipliers I've seen, it sure looks random.

#5576 5 years ago

Shopping my GB's and these two pieces came off the playfield. Does anyone know where they go?

20181127_190713 (resized).jpg20181127_190713 (resized).jpg
#5577 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Shopping my GB's and these two pieces came off the playfield. Does anyone know where they go?
[quoted image]

Do they go in the outlanes? I think they have a piece of plastic that mounts to the top and slows the ball down when it’s exiting so you can’t deathsave.

897C7D8E-9292-4B0E-8930-AD4545C17BD7 (resized).jpeg897C7D8E-9292-4B0E-8930-AD4545C17BD7 (resized).jpeg
#5578 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Do they go in the outlanes? I think they have a piece of plastic that mounts to the top and slows the ball down when it’s exiting so you can’t deathsave.[quoted image]

Let me check..

#5579 5 years ago

Despite getting the flagship GoPro, I'm still having trouble getting images and video while the mod is lit (I may not know how to use the GoPro properly, but will look into it tomorrow if I find time [perhaps looking worse than even the phone, but I've seen amazing quality from this camera from others]). For now here's some photos I took tonight (more in the mod thread and sale page). In person, you can see cloud definition when lit and the lights don't pinpoint through as they appear in the photos.

NOTE: The mod flashes much brighter when activated by the pop-bumpers than the lighting in the photo.

Mod thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-interactive-cloud-mod-medisinyl-mods-bf-sale-

Sale page (I'm extending the sale through Friday night due to not having photos, etc. on initial release): https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02116-ghostbusters-interactive-cloud-mod-medisinyl-mods
GOPR0009 (resized).JPGGOPR0009 (resized).JPGGOPR0011x (resized).jpgGOPR0011x (resized).jpgGOPR0018 (resized).JPGGOPR0018 (resized).JPGGOPR0020 (resized).JPGGOPR0020 (resized).JPGGOPR0021 (resized).JPGGOPR0021 (resized).JPG

#5580 5 years ago

Between the big 3d ghost on the left and Ecto 1 over the firehouse shot, aren't those two shots harder to see now?

#5581 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Between the big 3d ghost on the left and Ecto 1 over the firehouse shot, aren't those two shots harder to see now?[quoted image][quoted image]

I've never thought there has been any visibility issue at all (always clean, easy shots--the ghost doesn't block the scoop anymore than the metal portion). And the Ecto 1 looks awesome there when the spinner is hit IMO. To each their own of course, and those aren't anything anyone is selling as a mod, but I wouldn't want it any different than I have it

#5582 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Those are the plugs for the proton stream holes.

#5583 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Circling back on this Slimer mech because I thought I had it working but then it started acting up again and I feel like an idiot haha. Do I take out and adjust the gap using the little black "half circle" pieces labeled as 1 in the diagram? Also, where is the little white plastic ball above Slimer on that wire supposed to sit? When I thought I fixed it, I had the little plastic ball between those two black half circle pieces.

#5584 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Circling back on this Slimer mech because I thought I had it working but then it started acting up again and I feel like an idiot haha. Do I take out and adjust the gap using the little black "half circle" pieces labeled as 1 in the diagram? Also, where is the little white plastic ball above Slimer on that wire supposed to sit? When I thought I fixed it, I had the little plastic ball between those two black half circle pieces.

The white plastic ball fits sandwiched between #2 and #4 (top/bottom) with #1 pieces fitting on either side of it (front/back)

The piece you are adjusting is #8 (with slots in it) allowing it to move back/front to widen or close the gap (less gap = more sensitive)

You might want to see if cscmtp can chime in since he just did it (i am working off memory and looking at the diagram in the manual)

#5585 5 years ago

Can someone take a pic of the slimer motor?

#5586 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can someone take a pic of the slimer motor?

Pro or Prem/LE

#5587 5 years ago

Pro

#5588 5 years ago

Get back to work.

#5589 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Get back to work.

#5590 5 years ago

Need some help here. I just got a GB about 3 weeks ago. She is working 100% except one weird thing. When i start a game and hit the bank target that spells ghost one time, the slimmer lowers all the way to the playfield and regarless of how many times i hit it, it will never go back up. I have to cut the game off for it to return to the org. spot.

#5591 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Need some help here. I just got a GB about 3 weeks ago. She is working 100% except one weird thing. When i start a game and hit the bank target that spells ghost one time, the slimmer lowers all the way to the playfield and regarless of how many times i hit it, it will never go back up. I have to cut the game off for it to return to the org. spot.

Sounds like your Slimer switch isn't registering hits.

#5592 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Sounds like your Slimer switch isn't registering hits.

Is the slimer suppose to drop all the way down to the playfield? Also when the target is hit to spell ghost, the lights are just flashing all the time. They dont stay lite one at a time.

#5593 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Is the slimer suppose to drop all the way down to the playfield? Also when the target is hit to spell ghost, the lights are just flashing all the time. They dont stay lite one at a time.

When you start a new game, hitting the target will bring slimer down. I would just start by going in to switch test mode and then bash slimer, see if he registers.

#5594 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It shouldn’t be dragging on the play field if that’s what you mean.

#5595 5 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

It shouldn’t be dragging on the play field if that’s what you mean.

Yes, it hits the playfield. I just updated the software so maybe a glitch in the download?

#5596 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=502-6990-00

I have one and I love it. this game needed a center post out of the box.

#5597 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I have one too. Not sure it really changed the game for me, but it dramatically changed the wife and kid's ability to play it. At least they have a chance now with cheap drains out of the pops and right loop. Highly recommended.

#5598 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I have one too. Not sure it really changed the game for me, but it dramatically changed the wife and kid's ability to play it. At least they have a chance now with cheap drains out of the pops and right loop. Highly recommended.

I have it on my Pro and it does help.

#5599 5 years ago

I have never had the center post, and my 12 year old does just fine with GB. He just beat my GC score! All factory settings.

20181202_163633 (resized).jpg20181202_163633 (resized).jpg
#5600 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I have it on my Pro and it does help.

game is brutal with or with out it. but i love this game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 103.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.