IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 250.
#5501 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Hoping someone can help me out. I really want to fix my PKE/right ramp shot, and saw on a thread that you can remove the 2" hex spacer and replace with a 1 5/8" and it will stop rolling back out. I found the part at marco----> https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-13 but man I hate to pay the shipping on 1 little item (The shipping is almost 4 times the cost of the part) Anyone by chance have this hex spacer I could buy from you?

I responded to you in the "So Ghostbusters" thread, so I won't repeat everything here. But paying for the post and shipping to make a $6000 game more enjoyable is worth it.

#5502 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Joining the club shortly (just waiting on it to ship). Is there an index or key post of must-have mods that I should seek out first? I know ColorDMD is on the list now....

For Premium/LE (most apply to Pro):

Install cliffy's

Adjust height of drop targets

Adjust spring on drop targets (20-25 coils up)

Check & change balls

SLIMER butt nut - check slimer positions and butt nut

Put a washer under right ball guide (blue rubber bumper) to help playfield damage

Put mylar down - where the ball lands when shot out - shooter lane. Or install Cliffy's

Get the green spring for the manual shooter rod, and the high compression spring for the auto-launcher

Align flippers

Install the plastic air ball protector and right orbit protector (CPR9999 makes the best!)

Adjust the coil power in the service menu ADJ > G.B. > Feature Adjustment #11 - Trough Eject Power. Mine is set the lowest power 176

Check 14th street subway switch to make sure ball is changing switch state

Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with hammer (behind each sling shot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)

Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).

Added over 5 years ago:

For those interested, making another run of Airball protectors. Check out Ad and videos.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-1

#5503 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

sounds like you used the wedge and not the steel bracket and maybe some addition foam???? The wedges were my first attempt, but the targets need to come up so the brackets improve on this. One of the targets is under a circuit board so a washer is getting close.
I am pretty sure the splints stop the previous stern targets from leaning to a side unless your game has the older targets

No extra foam, just the Shapeways bracket. Using a washer to lean it made the 2x target not register.

#5504 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I responded to you in the "So Ghostbusters" thread, so I won't repeat everything here. But paying for the post and shipping to make a $6000 game more enjoyable is worth it.

Pinball Life sells it, too. Or if you have a Dremel, you can cut the post.

#5505 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Hoping someone can help me out. I really want to fix my PKE/right ramp shot, and saw on a thread that you can remove the 2" hex spacer and replace with a 1 5/8" and it will stop rolling back out. I found the part at marco----> https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/254-5008-13 but man I hate to pay the shipping on 1 little item (The shipping is almost 4 times the cost of the part) Anyone by chance have this hex spacer I could buy from you?

I was in the same boat (plus i was just too antsy to wait), I cut mine down and just used my tap/die set to clean up the threads. YMMV.

#5506 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

No extra foam, just the Shapeways bracket. Using a washer to lean it made the 2x target not register.

the brackets already lean the targets forward so doesn't need washers, have you possibly put the washer on the wrong side under the bracket. Have you got a photo of the washers installed? just never heard of this issue and doesn't make sense - seems like something else is in play as the brackets won't affect the switch from working.

The only thing I can think is that in using the angled brackets and a washer increases the angle even more which in turn will lock the target hard up in the hole not allowing the switch to move.

The brackets will never 100% remove air balls but greatly reduces them, one issue that can't be fixed is the pan angle of the target and the way the playfield is made and in hitting the side of the 2x target will still give the occassional air ball. The plastic air ball cover purely limits the height of the airball and does not try to solve the airballs. These brackets get close to solving but the playfield is machined in a way that the pan angle can not be changed unfortunately.
710x528_22599733_11830734_1534457521.jpg710x528_22599733_11830734_1534457521.jpg

#5508 5 years ago

Thinking of changing balls.What's the best once to change them with ?

#5509 5 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Don’t forget to was your new balls!

#5510 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Install cliffy's
Check & change balls
Put a washer under right ball guide (blue rubber bumper) to help playfield damage
Put mylar down - where the ball lands when shot out - shooter lane. Or install Cliffy's
Get the green spring for the manual shooter rod, and the high compression spring for the auto-launcher
Align flippers
Install the plastic air ball protector and right orbit protector (CPR9999 makes the best!)
Adjust the coil power in the service menu ADJ > G.B. > Feature Adjustment #11 - Trough Eject Power. Mine is set the lowest power 176
Ball guide rod 1/4" higher - hit with hammer (behind each sling shot area - this prevents ball jumping in the drain areas)
Hex spacer 1 5/8" (or 1 3/4") - change this on the right plastic 1/2 circle ramp (this shorter hex makes it easier for ball to go up).

Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer on either side makes it feel more fair. Still a bigger gap than normal but a lot less of that helpless feeling. Fuck Trudeau.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Flipper+%26+shaft+-+ridges

#5511 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Don’t forget to was your new balls!

Sure
Thinking about ninja balls.I have an LE

#5512 5 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

Ball Barron's "Ninja" balls are a great choice for this game since there are no magnets. He's currently running an 18% off sale on the Ninjas and the carbons ...

https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/

#5513 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Ball Barron's "Ninja" balls are a great choice for this game since there are no magnets. He's currently running an 18% off sale on the Ninjas and the carbons ...

I have an LE.How would they work out regarding magna slings ?

#5514 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

All true..... Except there are magnets

#5515 5 years ago
Quoted from BentleyBear:

I have an LE.How would they work out regarding magna slings ?

They should work great. I've been using Ball Baron Ninja Chromes in my Dialed In and that game has 5 magnets. If the balls ever do become magnetized I'll swap them out for the same ball. Best ball in pinball in my opinion.

#5516 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Carrot flippers. 1/8" longer on either side makes it feel more fair. Still a bigger gap than normal but a lot less of that helpless feeling. Fuck Trudeau.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=Flipper+%26+shaft+-+ridges

Can't believe nobody has created a longer bat for this that's better than macro's? Money to be made.

#5517 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Can't believe nobody has created a longer bat for this that's better than macro's? Money to be made.

I put the carrot flippers on from Marco, granted I don't like the lines on top, but it makes the game much more fun to play.

#5518 5 years ago

Anyone ever get the "Ghost Guard Kit" from Marco, part #502-6990-00

Am going to place the order for the smaller hex spacer but wondering if this is worth adding?

#5519 5 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Do you want to guess at how much that would cost to have happen? Then how many do you have to sell to just break even? For one specific game that is a little on the hard side of things, not very likely.

#5520 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

I put the carrot flippers on from Marco, granted I don't like the lines on top, but it makes the game much more fun to play.

I put the "ghost trap" flipper decal on top, worked out great.

#5521 5 years ago

I created a swap out flipper bat system that you can change the bats in a few minutes, post stays in and you can change the bat from regular (3") to lighting (2 7/8") or carrot lengths (3 1/8") in a flash. The downside it is a order from Shapeways and you need to tap a thread into the posts, unless someone wants to pump out a heap posts and make available and then the bats can just drop on.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksflipper&sort=newest

these were version 1 with a hidden screw which looked good but the screw was hard to reach, the screw is now on top which is easier to get to but takes away from the look....
Flipper Bat v1 - GB Set (resized).JPGFlipper Bat v1 - GB Set (resized).JPG

#5522 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

the brackets already lean the targets forward so doesn't need washers, have you possibly put the washer on the wrong side under the bracket. Have you got a photo of the washers installed? just never heard of this issue and doesn't make sense - seems like something else is in play as the brackets won't affect the switch from working.
The only thing I can think is that in using the angled brackets and a washer increases the angle even more which in turn will lock the target hard up in the hole not allowing the switch to move.
The brackets will never 100% remove air balls but greatly reduces them, one issue that can't be fixed is the pan angle of the target and the way the playfield is made and in hitting the side of the 2x target will still give the occassional air ball. The plastic air ball cover purely limits the height of the airball and does not try to solve the airballs. These brackets get close to solving but the playfield is machined in a way that the pan angle can not be changed unfortunately.
[quoted image]

What I did was put a washer underneath the bracket (between bracket and the pf) on the right side, to make it lean to the right to compensate for the left lean that occurs during play. But it must just be too tight.

#5523 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

What I did was put a washer underneath the bracket (between bracket and the pf) on the right side, to make it lean to the right to compensate for the left lean that occurs during play. But it must just be too tight.

yeah that makes sense as there is not alot of room especially a side ways tilt, I don't think any washer, gadget, bracket, protector is going to SOLVE the problem....
- the bracket greatly reduces the air balls to an occassional airball / hop due to the pan angle of the target
- the protector controls the air balls but the ball is still going to get air, hit the protector and then rebound into your playfield and adding dimples

my preference is the brackets as they are steel and will last and I just can't handle the look of the protector - though no offense to the creator/s, just not my thing.

#5524 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

yeah that makes sense as there is not alot of room especially a side ways tilt, I don't think any washer, gadget, bracket, protector is going to SOLVE the problem....
- the bracket greatly reduces the air balls to an occassional airball / hop due to the pan angle of the target
- the protector controls the air balls but the ball is still going to get air, hit the protector and then rebound into your playfield and adding dimples
my preference is the brackets as they are steel and will last and I just can't handle the look of the protector - though no offense to the creator/s, just not my thing.

Your brackets are great. I'll try the combo of it plus the splint from Mezelmod to also keep it vertical.

#5525 5 years ago

For those interested, making another run of Airball protectors. Check out Ad and videos.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors-1

44AD073C-A88F-459A-B900-2AD536C1EFCF (resized).png44AD073C-A88F-459A-B900-2AD536C1EFCF (resized).png5088E03F-2260-4EF1-BB2E-048B5540FD5E (resized).png5088E03F-2260-4EF1-BB2E-048B5540FD5E (resized).pngEE1AD515-35D7-42A7-8F62-A36C9019DE2B (resized).pngEE1AD515-35D7-42A7-8F62-A36C9019DE2B (resized).png
#5526 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Install cliffy's
Check & change balls
Align flippers

Added today: For those interested, making another run of Airball protectors. Check out Ad and videos.

Thank you! I knew there were some recommended tweaks. I am a little unsure about swapping to the carrot flippers. I played (and fell in love with) the game out on location, brutal gap and all - but there are some folks in my household that may appreciate the carrots. Can't wait for my game to get here!

#5527 5 years ago

I have the larger flippers. You will barely notice it. It does not make the game noticeably easier.

#5528 5 years ago

Got my Cliffy protectors in and installed them. Got crazy air balls off the left Scoleri target after installing them. Adjusted the target height to be almost even with the Cliffy protector. When you look at it from the front, it sticks up just a little from the play field. No more air balls into the left ramp and into space. Also turned the coil power down to soft. Just thought I would share in case anybody else had these issues.

#5529 5 years ago

Ok. I see Metallica got a code update.

I didn’t know they were on the list of machines to get an update.

Metallica got v1.8 update!!! And a good update - lots changes.

Where is GB update?

#5530 5 years ago

Well, Lyman was the lead on Metallica so I do not see the relationship with GB.

Dwight is the lead on SW, GB and now the Munsters. So I believe the Munsters has to get to a good point of having close to all features working in the Munsters before getting back to GB.

#5531 5 years ago

Maybe Lyman works harder.

#5532 5 years ago

I know it’s not Lyman’s fault. But he might should consider starting finishing up his colleges undone projects

#5533 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I guarantee it and he also takes more pride in his work also!

#5534 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Dwight is the lead on SW, GB and now the Munsters. So I believe the Munsters has to get to a good point of having close to all features working in the Munsters before getting back to GB.

I also hope Dwight is updating his Game of Thrones code, which has needed bugfixes and some polish for years.

#5535 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I also hope Dwight is updating his Game of Thrones code, which has needed bugfixes and some polish for years.

well we did get a Star Trek update, small though it was.

I predict we aren't going to see a Ghostbusters update this side of Christmas.

#5536 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

well we did get a Star Trek update, small though it was.
I predict we aren't going to see a Ghostbusters update this side of Christmas.

Gomez already said it will be next year, and implied Spring/Summer, so yeah, it'll be a while.

#5537 5 years ago

I now take notice of the programmer for stern titles and no matter how much I like the theme, if it's a coder that takes too long or spreads himself thinly, I stay away. I think Lyman could program a my little pony pinball and I'd probably buy that before a Lonnie or Dwight game that's how serious is got.

#5538 5 years ago

Some here.. with Lyman you can expect much, not 100% sure but he has always proven to bring the game to a high level.
It takes some times sometimes and the game evolves but the result is what counts.

Dwight is mostly feature complete on release. Think of GOT, SW. Both very good games.
Ghostbusters too but needs a lot of polishing, balancing + the final wizard mode.

Stern should just assign a small team to polish dwight titles, with him deciding what needs to be done but not actually programming it.
I think it could work. Of course, not easy to work on other people their code, but still, it would progress a lot faster.

#5539 5 years ago

Dwight is the lead on SW, GB and now the Munsters.

Now you are making me think twice about Munsters with Dwight on code. It might be years before it gets updates.

Also, agree with others. They hired more coders for a reason. Hopefully some of these people can finish code.

#5540 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can see that happening, but in what order...GoT first or GB? I hope he gets to polish both games before moving onto another new game. I have this feeling he may be working on SR's new unlicensed theme.

#5541 5 years ago

I can see that happening, but in what order...GoT first or GB?

Better be GB first at this point. Ghostbusters code needs a lot of work. I think GOT code is likely done at this point, maybe some bug fixes down the road.

#5542 5 years ago

Shipping out a bunch protectors tomorrow made of Pet-g - very durable!!!

See link above if you need one!

#5543 5 years ago

Hellooooooooooo ? Dwight are you reading this ?

Unfinished games littered around.

Hello ?

#5544 5 years ago

Yes "We got one " update

#5545 5 years ago
Quoted from yoyokopter:

Yes "We got one " update

Wait ..what ?

#5546 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

My understanding is that Lyman does this work at home in his personal time. I appreciate was he does for the community, but would not pressure others to try to do the same. Work / life balance important.

#5547 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

but would not pressure others to try to do the same. Work / life balance important.

Why not ?
Unfortunately Life needs Work to survive.

Maybe hes spending to much time on life and not enough at Work .

#5548 5 years ago

If these guys have to work on their own time to polish the games, Stern needs to rethink how they do coding.

#5549 5 years ago

Ok... I have had a GB pro for about 3 weeks... I am shopping it out.. Also of things wrong w/ it but i got most of the items fixed.. A couple of questions:

1. Is there supposed to be a gate divertor at the top right when the ball is coming down from the pop bumpers.
2. Lights.. I have over 40 lights out.. Being that many, do you guys think its not a issue w/ a led boards or a connection?

Any help would be appreciated..

#5550 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Ok... I have had a GB pro for about 3 weeks... I am shopping it out.. Also of things wrong w/ it but i got most of the items fixed.. A couple of questions:
1. Is there supposed to be a gate divertor at the top right when the ball is coming down from the pop bumpers.
2. Lights.. I have over 40 lights out.. Being that many, do you guys think its not a issue w/ a led boards or a connection?
Any help would be appreciated..

That many lights is probably a connection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 49.95
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/111?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.