Topic Stats

• 7,511 posts
  • 629 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by enjoyvelvet
  • Topic is favorited by 224 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,334 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

710x528_29308725_15723322_1571103682 (resized).jpg
710x528_29267126_15702769_1570683537 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308800_15723368_1571104279 (resized).jpg
710x528_29308803_15723368_1571104285 (resized).jpg
bf1ecaed04eb60860c21359dd51f4feb7a593976 (resized).png
Ghostbusters Flippers (resized).jpg
1C55D30B-9826-41A7-A056-49843875557B (resized).png
7EE32369-9377-48E8-A828-0B61232126FA (resized).jpeg
IMG_8515 (resized).JPG
CC980D64-BBDA-4A9A-A773-3CA624D39D60 (resized).jpeg
56443AD1-10A5-4FF3-86E1-A91B566FA8F2 (resized).jpeg
1 (resized).png
2 (resized).png
3 (resized).png
image (resized).jpg
screen-capture (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7511 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 151.
#501 3 years ago

there's no benefit to location operators to make the game easier.

#502 3 years ago

getting far enough into the game to get that Mass Hysteria mode is a challenge in itself. I doubt 95% of casual folks who play it on location will ever get it. I dont mind the flippers getting switched, i'd just like a better cue of when that has happened. when multi ball is happening, I'm focusing on the lower 1/3 of the game to make sure i'm not draining, 2 of my highest scores have come as a result of getting to Mass Hysteria mode. My highest score being nearly 900 million. i will get better at the reversed flippers eventually. thats just the way the game tries to shake you off its back so someone else can play. Ha!

#503 3 years ago

Just flip both flippers at the same time! problem solved! That's what I do at least...

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Sweet, are you going to be making this MOD?

will be available soon

#505 3 years ago

I like the reverse flippers, it very fun, just needs some kind of warning its going to switch, thats all. That would add to the fun, quickly swapping your arms around ( I assume everyone else plays cross armed? ) every time the ball is hit, great laugh. .

#506 3 years ago

women don't have any problems playing mass hysteria. They always get their left/right wrong re giving directions when you're driving.

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So are multiballs really this hard to get? I havent had one yet.

Just hit the left captive ball twice to light storage facility at the main ramp for the rest of the game until you start it. I am awful at pinball and can get Storage Facility Multiball constantly. Trap the ball off a short plunge and use your ball save time to go after the captive ball.

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I had Mass Hysteria Multi Ball yesterday, totally confusing with the reversed flippers, you can see me do a couple dumb drains before i realize the flippers had switched back and forth. I wish maybe they would say some audible cue exactly when the flippers have switched to reversed and back again.
ยป YouTube video

Possibly a "Cross the streams!" and "Don't cross the streams!" callout? It's so obvious......it'll never happen.

#509 3 years ago

Got my Pro today It has a new Slimer mech and the outlanes are slightly better than the early production one I normally play on. It also shipped with 1.05 code as well. Looks like it just came off the line last week.

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Got my Pro today It has a new Slimer mech and the outlanes are slightly better than the early production one I normally play on. It also shipped with 1.05 code as well. Looks like it just came off the line last week.

what did they change about the outlanes? taller rails? any pics you can share?

#511 3 years ago

Yes very curious about lanes can you confirm explain difference?

#512 3 years ago

Come on start shipping some LE's can't wait to play it!

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

what did they change about the outlanes? taller rails? any pics you can share?

I will get pics tomorrow but it looks like they basically pulled them up for me a little in the factory. I still want extenders of some sort probably.

Slimer registers everything. A shot up through the pops that comes back down will trigger him twice even. So much nicer this way.

Lots of cool 1.05 changes which are probably discussed in one of the other threads.

#514 3 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I will get pics tomorrow but it looks like they basically pulled them up for me a little in the factory. I still want extenders of some sort probably.
Slimer registers everything. A shot up through the pops that comes back down will trigger him twice even. So much nicer this way.
Lots of cool 1.05 changes which are probably discussed in one of the other threads.

I have not seen any post about the 1.05 changes.
Can you list some?

#515 3 years ago

I don't see an option for flipper strength. You can set coil pulse to soft, medium (factory) or hard. Is that it?

The slings have a numerical value that can be adjusted but i don't see that for flippers anywhere.

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

I have not seen any post about the 1.05 changes.
Can you list some?

I don't see this code on their site yet so it must be coming soon.

I listed some changes in the rule sheet thread but it looks like you get lit storage facility locks every 20 ghosts starting at 10.

There is also some sort of River of Slime award that can be collected at the saucer after looping the right orbit (I think?)

#517 3 years ago

nearly done and will post an update in the custom flipper bat thread

colours are just random but
Red - 2 7/8" bat
Purple & White - 3" bat
Yellow & Black - 3 1/8" bats ideal for the Trudeau flipper gap

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-flippers-removeable-flippers

Flipper_Range_1_(resized).png

#518 3 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

It has a new Slimer mech and the outlanes are slightly better than the early production one

Ooh, that's good news! I'm also curious on the code changes too.

#519 3 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I don't see this code on their site yet so it must be coming soon.
I listed some changes in the rule sheet thread but it looks like you get lit storage facility locks every 20 ghosts starting at 10.
There is also some sort of River of Slime award that can be collected at the saucer after looping the right orbit (I think?)

I'd almost rather the proposed Slimer MB be ready at 30 ghosts and leave Storage Facility as is. 30 ghosts, 3-ball MB, Slimer comes down and every hit is a jackpot worth 10% of the current Super's value.

#520 3 years ago

I don't remember Slimer's behavior before but he hangs out the entire time during Storage Facility and I was able to rack up a ton of ghosts and make it to Mass Hysteria a few times last night. Combine that with Storage Facility being easier to start and I can see where things are headed with the code I have a feeling there will eventually be River Of Slime hurry up multiballs or something for collecting a certain number like how GOT has for Winter Is Coming.

Oh and I forgot to mention my Scoleri's work great! I still drain sometimes on a direct hit but the drop target at least goes down every time.

Had to run into work but I promise I will try to get some outlane guide pics tonight.

#521 3 years ago

Glad to see Stern fixing some of the issues

#522 3 years ago

Can anyone who has their Ghostbusters in a home environment comment on the quality of Ernie Hudson's speech? A common complaint with Star Trek was that Karl Urban's speech wasn't processed to fit in with the rest of the lifted audio quotes from the movies. How does Ernie's compare?

I've only played GB at TPF, so not ideal to judge sound.

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Can anyone who has their Ghostbusters in a home environment comment on the quality of Ernie Hudson's speech? A common complaint with Star Trek was that Karl Urban's speech wasn't processed to fit in with the rest of the lifted audio quotes from the movies. How does Ernie's compare?

If you mean the way it's processed in with the rest of the audio, it's decent, but very lacking in quantity. He starts the ball, calls you a name, chimes in rarely, talks some shiz when you tilt.
The fun-nes (?) of the quotes themselves is utterly horrible. Truly bottom of the barrel. This is 1.4 code

#524 3 years ago

Would it have been cooler to have Annie Potts screaming "Super Jackpot" and calling you "Junior". I think so.

#525 3 years ago

I a

Quoted from JoshODBrown:Would it have been cooler to have Annie Potts screaming "Super Jackpot" and calling you "Junior". I think so.

I agree i wish that had got Annie Potts either by herself or with Ernie.

#526 3 years ago

When I was working on changing the black rubber to clear silicone and other lighting mods, I would constantly hit the flipper button to hear the next quote from the two movies. There are a TON of callouts in the code and looking forward to hearing them in game play.

#527 3 years ago

Is it just me...or do other feel the same way....I wish Stern would use traditional, Williams style star posts, instead of the thin, featureless post they've been using for what seems like forever???

#528 3 years ago

The Ernie call outs are bad. The one he says for mass hysteria multiball is just laughably cheesy- all his callouts sound as if he recorded them under duress while tied up, and a gun to his head

#529 3 years ago

I actually enjoy the Ernie call outs... but I'm also not a huge Ghostbusters movie fan (enjoyed it as a kid but haven't seen it since) so maybe my expectations are lower?

For reference, what kind of call outs do you think these should have been like?

#530 3 years ago

Three things to note: 1. They actually plugged that ugly hole at the bottom of the outlane with a piece of plastic. 2. Both the outlane and inlane guide are slightly higher but not totally different. Might be hard to see in the pic but it really helps compared to the earlier run pro I normally play on. 3. They extended the left outlane post up high and it has a large rubber ring on the top to mitigate airballs that roll down over Sigourney I can get a better pic of that.

outlanes_(resized).jpg

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If you mean the way it's processed in with the rest of the audio, it's decent, but very lacking in quantity. He starts the ball, calls you a name, chimes in rarely, talks some shiz when you tilt.
The fun-nes (?) of the quotes themselves is utterly horrible. Truly bottom of the barrel. This is 1.4 code

I think Erinie did a pretty good job overall, I just wish there was more variety with his call outs. The quality of the callouts are far better then the Karl Urban callouts as Stern had Ernie record them in an actual studio versus over the phone with Karl...(read that a while back on here).

Are some of them cheesy as others have said? Yes. In Pinball Browser I've heard a "Smoke em if ya got em" Ernie callout, lol.

#532 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think Erinie did a pretty good job overall, I just wish there was more variety with his call outs. The quality of the callouts are far better then the Karl Urban callouts as Stern had Ernie record them in an actual studio versus over the phone with Karl...(read that a while back on here).
Are some of them cheesy as others have said? Yes. In Pinball Browser I've heard a "Smoke em if ya got em" Ernie callout, lol.

Thanks. That what I was looking for.

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think Erinie did a pretty good job overall, I just wish there was more variety with his call outs.

Ernie Hudson is a fine actor and I've enjoyed him in many things over the decades; these reading are really bad.
Yeah hopefully as they update they add more in

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ernie Hudson is a fine actor and I've enjoyed him in many things over the decades; these reading are really bad.
Yeah hopefully as they update they add more in

Seeing him at the launch party, he seemed to barely understand what his lines were being used for and had no experience with pinball as a whole. I would have loved to have seen a peek of the directing he was given.

#535 3 years ago

Hello,fans,Hawkmoon checking in the club! Have a Pre paid for,waiting for the green lite on the Premiums!900 mil.already??My,my,no challenge for you!I've heard a lot of stuff i've never heard before,about game play!Thank you all, it gives us who wait a idea how to approach the play! 4 more weeks,they say,before the first Pre,s go to Canada!

#536 3 years ago

Can anyone confirm position of Slimer in the down mode. Mine seems to directly in front of the 3x multiplier. This results in instant SDTM on lots of direct hits.

I haven't removed my glass to check the mechanism because the glass is so tight it's almost scary to remove and put back on. PDI glass, but no issues with other pins.

#537 3 years ago

Man you guys are going to HATE the new Ernie Super Jackpot callouts in 1.05 hahaha.

I thought he was fine until I heard more of these and I now think it kind of sucks too. Especially the Mass Hysteria intro when they have the movie quote they could just use already in there.

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Seeing him at the launch party, he seemed to barely understand what his lines were being used for and had no experience with pinball as a whole. I would have loved to have seen a peek of the directing he was given.

Exactly, No one is hating on the man at all. I record some voice over stuff and I know when it doesn't sound quite right. It's like in GOT when the chcia says "suPER jackpot" or whatever...it's just off.

#539 3 years ago

I see the 1.05 Code for the Pro has been updated on Sterns website

New:
- Added a River of Slime Feature. Each time you shoot the right orbit you will
build the value and start a timer on the right eject. Shooting the right
eject will collect the built value.
- Storage Facility will now light for one lock on 10, 30, and 50 ghost caught.
- Collecting ghost will show how many needed to light Storage Facility.
- Added an adjustment to allow speech to be censored.
- Added Speech to super jackpot
- Added Speech to We came we saw start

Fixes:
- Bonus Held would give extra bonus if on ball 3 and the player had an extra
ball.
- Changed the name of SPEECH and MUSIC VOLUME adjustments to SPEECH and MUSIC
ATTENUATION
- Removed Backbox and Cabinet volume adjustments
- 0X bonus multiplier will no longer be awarded from the pop bumpers.
- Removed two switches reporting false errors.

Tweaks:
- Flippers are turned off during Negative Reinforcement
- When Negative Reinforcement stops doubling the message reflects this.

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Man you guys are going to HATE the new Ernie Super Jackpot callouts in 1.05 hahaha.
I thought he was fine until I heard more of these and I now think it kind of sucks too. Especially the Mass Hysteria intro when they have the movie quote they could just use already in there.

NO! To me the super jackpot fallout is everything! It's the main reward! Hope when I hear it, it won't bother me too much.

#541 3 years ago

The +0X bonus was actually funny to have in there.

#542 3 years ago

Hmm...they've changed the timer running out sound, its horrible now, I thought there was actually something wrong with my machine when I first heard it. Stern, please change it back, it was fine as it was.

Good job on the code otherwise.

#543 3 years ago

They really dropped the ball with the lighting on the LE/Premium. How great would it be for all the lights to go green when slimer does his sliming? Or have the lights go pink when the river of slime is flowing. I'm not sure if there is a stay puft mode, but the lights could go white in that mode.

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

They really dropped the ball with the lighting on the LE/Premium. How great would it be for all the lights to go green when slimer does his sliming? Or have the lights go pink when the river of slime is flowing. I'm not sure if there is a stay puft mode, but the lights could go white in that mode.

Yeah hate to say it but have paid a little more to have had full rgb lights

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Hmm...they've changed the timer running out sound, its horrible now, I thought there was actually something wrong with my machine when I first heard it. Stern, please change it back, it was fine as it was.
Good job on the code otherwise.

According to the "guide" that Dwight made "each timer has a slightly different sound so you can learn which is which". I've not paid close enough attention previously to notice this but maybe it is now being implemented?

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Can't wait to make my own custom version of the code with Pinball Browser. I'll be removing Ernie's call outs for most things, especially the Jackpot stuff. Bill Murray or Dan Akroyd would have been awesome if they did callouts.. But Winston? No thank you, but I appreciate the effort.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I know- this was the perfect game to have multi-GI, especially with that artwork- MET's lighting is insane and would have been great to have individual lighting on each mode. I have a feeling Dwight isn't a fan of coding multi GI lights, all the pins he codes on just has basic GI lights- I think Lyman is the master coder for light shows. It seems Dwight did a great job, but it's hard not to think how much better the Prem/LE models would have been with MET-like lighting effects..

#548 3 years ago

I'm not digging Ernies super jackpot call outs so far... Needs more screaming and throaty growl to it.

#549 3 years ago

It's very simple people, you want better VOs you gotta have the drink flowing when you do them (and obviously someone explaining context).

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Can't wait to make my own custom version of the code with Pinball Browser. I'll be removing Ernie's call outs for most things, especially the Jackpot stuff. Bill Murray or Dan Akroyd would have been awesome if they did callouts.. But Winston? No thank you, but I appreciate the effort.

Right on, man! Looking forward to hearing it. I love what you did with TWD.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,400 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Columbia, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kutztown, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 7511 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 151.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside