B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 250.
#5351 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GB Premium destroys the Pro. Subway ramp is way better, magna slings are cool, Slimer does more than just bounce up and down in the same place, Ecto goggles are neat, Library and storage unit are not just a crappy flat plastic. It's a much better experience.
That said, I'd recommend the mezel mods cover for the Firehouse HQ. It looks a WHOLE lot better:
http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6146368

I agree with Vireland, the Premium model on GB in my opinion is worth the extra money. The pro is also a good game as well but the extras on the Premium are pretty sweet, and yes the magna sling rock! If you love your GB and plan on keeping it and can afford the extra coin, i would upgrade to the Premium.

#5352 5 years ago

An email from ColorDMD regarding their next release was sent out today! Looks pretty cool. I sure hope this doesn't mean that a larger code update from Stern isn't in the works and is still coming. Either way it will be nice to have a ColorDMD in the game.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPG
Capture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG
Capture3 (resized).JPGCapture3 (resized).JPG

#5353 5 years ago

I don’t have a ColorDMD. If I order the GB one from the page will it still need a code update when I get it? The game is on location, so avoiding technical difficulties would be great.

#5354 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I don’t have a ColorDMD. If I order the GB one from the page will it still need a code update when I get it? The game is on location, so avoiding technical difficulties would be great.

The LCDs usually come "blank" with just the SIGMA one-color code on them. You have to use a USB to flash the color code for the game you want onto the display once you get it. It's not hard. But make SURE you order the clear plastic and standoff kit or you won't be able to mount the display.
http://shop.colordmd.com/clear-shield-and-mounting-standoffs-for-new-stern-cabinets/

You also will probably want one of the gaskets I made to seal off the almost 1" gap that these have on angled speaker panel games like Ghostbusters. Details here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-gasket-for-angled-stern-speaker-panels

#5355 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The LCDs usually come "blank" with just the SIGMA one-color code on them. You have to use a USB to flash the color code for the game you want onto the display once you get it. It's not hard. But make SURE you order the clear plastic and standoff kit or you won't be able to mount the display.
You also will probably want one of the gaskets I made to seal off the almost 1" gap that these have on angled speaker panel games like Ghostbusters.

Cool, thanks.

#5356 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You also will probably want one of the gaskets I made to seal off the almost 1" gap that these have on angled speaker panel games like Ghostbusters.

Vireland, how can I get one of the 1” gaskets that you made?

Thanks, Brett

#5357 5 years ago
Quoted from brett:

Vireland, how can I get one of the 1” gaskets that you made?
Thanks, Brett

I just put an ad in the marketplace, and you can also PM me your email and how many you want and I'll send you a paypal invoice.

#5358 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I just put an ad in the marketplace, and you can also PM me your email and how many you want and I'll send you a paypal invoice.

Vireland
I‘m using an older color dmd with GB v1.30b with the 64mb rom.
These boards need 12v for the screen and 5v for the board.
(the new boards only need 12v)
I can get 12v from the bottom right hand side in the back box. Do you or anyone else for that matter know where best getting the 5v from to power the board om the color dmd?

#5359 5 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Vireland
I can get 12v from the bottom right hand side in the back box. Do you or anyone else for that matter know where best getting the 5v from to power the board om the color dmd?

Randy from ColorDMD discusses that here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/colordmd-game-80-is-ghostbusters#post-4637012

This is the power adapter he recommends that gives 5v and 12v on the same plug:
https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-backbox-mounting.html

#5360 5 years ago
Quoted from miga:

Vireland

Just done this, +5V from the red wire that usually plugs into the DMD, 12V pin3 and GND pin 1 on j6(?) on the power distrib board you're already getting 12V from.

#5361 5 years ago

ColorDMD looking good! Nice to see slimer in green!

Advance it to 1 minute, youtube did something weird at the start.

#5363 5 years ago

Mine kinda looks blurry compared to the videos I've seen.
Does this look correct?
I have the lcd set on scan. It looked the same on hires.

20181019_155106 (resized).jpg20181019_155106 (resized).jpg
#5364 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does this look correct?
I have the lcd set on scan. It looked the same on hires.[quoted image]

thats why i like DOTS

#5365 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does this look correct?

I thought the same thing. I typically set mine to scan or hi res, but yeah, this one seems to work better with dotsxl for some reason

#5366 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does this look correct?

You have it on smudge mode. Change it to dotsXL and it will look great.

#5367 5 years ago

Just watched a video of the color lcd. Looks great! I'm on the fence about one if not too much trouble, would some one mind posting a few pics of the screen in the different modes?

P.s.
Holy crap did they actually fix the backwards no ghost logo on the ecto 1??

#5368 5 years ago

I tried them all, I have never used dots but may have to.
Also on my first storage lock, the trap goes black and white at the end of the animation.

20181019_172149 (resized).jpg20181019_172149 (resized).jpg
#5369 5 years ago

Is this the first for this? At the end, the last two digits of your score are green to see your match number... Cool little detail I haven't noticed before

#5370 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

ColorDMD looking good! Nice to see slimer in green!
Advance it to 1 minute, youtube did something weird at the start.

Just curious if you have UV on just the back or the sides too? Looks great.

#5371 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Just curious if you have UV on just the back or the sides too? Looks great.

Thanks, I really like the effect too. It's just the back.

#5372 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Thanks, I really like the effect too. It's just the back.

Great, now I hafta order uv bulbs!

#5373 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Great, now I hafta order uv bulbs!

It’s actually a strip that has a relay that turns them on when the upper bulbs go out. I saw it on my buddies machine and I made it for my game. Put it in the trough too.

#5374 5 years ago

If anyone is near Western NC (28664) I will put you up in a nice cabin on our campground if you can help me get my slimmer working! Just ordered the ColorDMD but I have never had slimer working the way it should

#5375 5 years ago

The color DMD looks great.

#5376 5 years ago

No one else's goes black and white on storage lock?

#5377 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

If mine does, I haven't noticed it. I will try to get home between soccer games and look specifically at that screen.

#5378 5 years ago

I'm going to have to find $400 in the couch cushions and grab one of these.

#5379 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

The last couple of frames where the trap is swaying back and forth turns greyscale.

#5380 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

The last couple of frames where the trap is swaying back and forth turns greyscale.

Ok, just wanted to make sure it wasn't just mine. Thanks

#5381 5 years ago

Got my ColorDMD in yesterday and am getting it setup now. Can't wait to see this baby in action!

Quick question for those who have already finished the process: for the connector that goes into the power board, should the yellow wire be on top or bottom? The connector fits both ways. I had the yellow wire on bottom first but the screen didn't power on. I've reversed the connector but figured I'd ask before I fire her up and potentially fry something.

#5382 5 years ago

Just set mine up. Is there any adjustment to make the image bigger? The image doesn't fill up the entire dmd opening.

#5383 5 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Got my ColorDMD in yesterday and am getting it setup now. Can't wait to see this baby in action!
Quick question for those who have already finished the process: for the connector that goes into the power board, should the yellow wire be on top or bottom? The connector fits both ways. I had the yellow wire on bottom first but the screen didn't power on. I've reversed the connector but figured I'd ask before I fire her up and potentially fry something.

Found a thread on GOT install and the yellow wire does go on the bottom. I re-seated all of my connections and she fired up.

Unfortunately, I'm now having issues with getting the firmware installed. I've tried a dozen times and no joy. Anyone else having issues installing the firmware?

I downloaded the Chroma ROM since I purchased a brand new ColorDMD for this install and I put it on the root of my 8gb USB flash drive that's formatted Fat32. Nothing happens when I hold the USB button on the board for five seconds or even ten seconds. I tried reformatting my USB drive and redownloading the ROM but that didn't help either. I also tried using another drive and still no luck. Wondering if there's something wrong with the USB port on the display itself.

#5384 5 years ago
Quoted from AtTheArcade:

Found a thread on GOT install and the yellow wire does go on the bottom. I re-seated all of my connections and she fired up.
Unfortunately, I'm now having issues with getting the firmware installed. I've tried a dozen times and no joy. Anyone else having issues installing the firmware?
I downloaded the Chroma ROM since I purchased a brand new ColorDMD for this install and I put it on the root of my 8gb USB flash drive that's formatted Fat32. Nothing happens when I hold the USB button on the board for five seconds or even ten seconds. I tried reformatting my USB drive and redownloading the ROM but that didn't help either. I also tried using another drive and still no luck. Wondering if there's something wrong with the USB port on the display itself.

Okay, apparently that USB drive is very touchy. I found a third USB drive and that one worked first try. I'm officially in business!

#5385 5 years ago

Is there anything I can do to avoid the massive drains from this area ? I have tried to move the gate and it gets worse. It’s super frustrating

E9B75198-3690-41F8-A9BD-113D2196FDA8 (resized).jpegE9B75198-3690-41F8-A9BD-113D2196FDA8 (resized).jpeg
#5386 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Is there anything I can do to avoid the massive drains from this area ? I have tried to move the gate and it gets worse. It’s super frustrating [quoted image]

Are you level left to right? I only have SDTM if that gate pops up and the ball isn't guided to the right.

#5387 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I tried them all, I have never used dots but may have to.
Also on my first storage lock, the trap goes black and white at the end of the animation.
[quoted image]

Maybe this is a Pro vs Prem/LE rom thing for that animation? Looks fine on the Premium here. River of Slime, however, is still completely the wrong color.

#5388 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe this is a Pro vs Prem/LE rom thing for that animation? Looks fine on the Premium here. River of Slime, however, is still completely the wrong color.

Yep. I played 3 games on my LE and the trap definitely has no issue like this.

#5389 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Is there anything I can do to avoid the massive drains from this area ? I have tried to move the gate and it gets worse. It’s super frustrating [quoted image]

That gate pushes the ball over to the right on mine as it rolls down, preventing sdtm balls.

#5390 5 years ago

ill check in the morning, thanks for the heads up

#5391 5 years ago

George Gomez confirmed GB code is delayed but that they are committed to it. Suspect it’s a next year update.

#5392 5 years ago

The code is only delayed because they are not sufficiently committed to it. Let’s hope it is something special after this ridiculously long wait. A great update could breathe new life into this game.

#5393 5 years ago

Wonder if it some how related to JT court case as it keeps getting pushed back. Really need to update soon.

#5394 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

The code is only delayed because they are not sufficiently committed to it. Let’s hope it is something special after this ridiculously long wait. A great update could breathe new life into this game.

Here is what you should expect:
- update core system with new features they have been adding everywhere
- fix to major bugs (crashes, things that just don't work)
- minor scoring rebalance to encourage different approaches to playing the game.

Go in with this expectation and you will not be disappointed.

#5395 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Wonder if it some how related to JT court case as it keeps getting pushed back. Really need to update soon.

Next court date in Dec is him taking a plea or the trial date set. At least according to the schedule. But that's only one of the two cases he has against him now.

#5396 5 years ago

I got my LCD from ColorDMD today. Slapped that baby in my GB pro. No problems. However I will note there is a confusing step. When installing the Chroma.rom off of the USB and you push the button on the left and hold for 5 sec the screen goes blank. There is no progress line or status of the install. I found this out because I walked away to take a phone call and when i came back everything was installed as it should be. Putting the LCD on Scan does seem the best option. Overall I'm really please with the way it turned out. Looks great and a huge upgrade for the game. I will also note that I ordered PinMonk gasket which will take up the space of where the LCD sits.

#5397 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I got my LCD from ColorDMD today. Slapped that baby in my GB pro. No problems. However I will note there is a confusing step. When installing the Chroma.rom off of the USB and you push the button on the left and hold for 5 sec the screen goes blank. There is no progress line or status of the install. I found this out because I walked away to take a phone call and when i came back everything was installed as it should be. Putting the LCD on Scan does seem the best option. Overall I'm really please with the way it turned out. Looks great and a huge upgrade for the game. I will also note that I ordered vireland gasket which will take up the space of where the LCD sits.

If you look at the status lights on the lower right of the board, "PROG" lights up while it's programming the rom, then "DONE" when it's ready to go.
chroma-board (resized).jpgchroma-board (resized).jpg

When you get the gasket installed, post a pic!

#5398 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you look at the status lights on the lower right of the board, "PROG" lights up while it's programming the rom, then "DONE" when it's ready to go.

Ah, guess I didn't pay attention to that. Thanks for the info

#5399 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ah, guess I didn't pay attention to that. Thanks for the info

It's easy to miss, especially if it's your first one when it's a little confusing, but after you do a few more you'll be able to do it in your sleep!

#5400 5 years ago

I installed the foam gasket I got from @vireland. It looks so pro and good. I highly recommend getting if you change out your DMD.

IMG_1227 (resized).JPGIMG_1227 (resized).JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 103.00
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 108 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/108?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.