IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 250.
#5301 5 years ago

Joined the club.... again. Added some lighting.

20180809_204631 (resized).jpg20180809_204631 (resized).jpg20180810_201808 (resized).jpg20180810_201808 (resized).jpg20180810_202029 (resized).jpg20180810_202029 (resized).jpg20180810_202100 (resized).jpg20180810_202100 (resized).jpg
#5302 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We have our version of the original artwork done for our Lighted Speaker Panel for Ghost Busters. It will be on our website in a day or 2 Pictures of many colors and video of all colors will be on our website. www.lightedpinballmods.com[quoted image]

Looks great. Love seeing new products targeted for GB, in the GB thread.

#5303 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

We have our version of the original artwork done for our Lighted Speaker Panel for Ghost Busters. It will be on our website in a day or 2 Pictures of many colors and video of all colors will be on our website. www.lightedpinballmods.com[quoted image]

Looks great.

#5304 5 years ago

Finally got around to cutting a new airball protector (the old one was too close to slimmer and was chewing up his butt) I went the extra mile on the logo this time and used 3 different acrylics. They fit together very tight and I applied some adhesive to the gaps on the back. We’ll see it it holds up in gameplay!

63EC04E4-4282-412D-8288-4FD9E8A8A6B9 (resized).jpeg63EC04E4-4282-412D-8288-4FD9E8A8A6B9 (resized).jpeg
#5305 5 years ago

Hello all, I'm working my way through this thread looking for the best solution for the airball issues and so far it looks like there are 3 different solutions.

1. the plastic airball protectors
2. the target wedges
3. the target brackets

I would prefer to go with either the 2 or 3 route but looking for people's experiences with all three and the pro/cons associated with each. This might be a dead horse in which case i apologize.

Cheers.

#5306 5 years ago

The 3D printed target brackets are a must.

#5307 5 years ago
Quoted from flipper_fever76:

Hello all, I'm working my way through this thread looking for the best solution for the airball issues and so far it looks like there are 3 different solutions.
1. the plastic airball protectors
2. the target wedges
3. the target brackets
I would prefer to go with either the 2 or 3 route but looking for people's experiences with all three and the pro/cons associated with each. This might be a dead horse in which case i apologize.
Cheers.

#3 (the shapeways printed angled brackets) is the best choice. Cuts the flying airballs way down, but you will still get some that rocket off the ramp and over the back side to the area by Gozer. I'd say you get about 10% the amount of airballs that you do with the stock brackets and no protector. And that's a fine solution that frees me from an ugly protector over the top (that comes with its own downsides). Highly recommended.

#5308 5 years ago

I might be the only one I know of who doesn't have airball issues. Mine is a launch party ear machine, so I wonder if they tweaked something shortly after that introduced airballs. The good news is there are several options that exist to combat the issue.

#5309 5 years ago

Brackets it is.......thanks for the input. Am I wrong to assume the 90% reduction in airbags curse the equivolent amount of outland jumps? Additionally, how do those brackets hold up over time?

#5310 5 years ago

Brackets it is.......thanks for the input. Am I wrong to assume the 90% reduction in airbags curse the equivolent amount of outland jumps? Additionally, how do those brackets hold up over time?

I'm coming in late, but I put the Modfather clear plastic protectors on the ramp and the outlanes and they cut the airballs to zero. I don't even notice them. The colored ones would definitely draw your attention to them.

#5311 5 years ago

Additionally, how do those brackets hold up over time?

The brackets are printed with metal and very well made. I have not heard of any breaking.

#5312 5 years ago

If you put the plastic set over the slings/outlanes, you have zero outlane jumps. Well worth the effort.

The replacement brackets are thicker than the originals and have held up very well on a route where the premium gets a lot of play, so you should be very happy with them.

#5313 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you put the plastic set over the slings/outlanes, you have zero outlane jumps. Well worth the effort.
The replacement brackets are thicker than the originals and have held up very well on a route where the premium gets a lot of play, so you should be very happy with them.

Why not bump the outlines higher from the underside of the playfield - then you can have no protectors.

#5314 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Why not bump the outlines higher from the underside of the playfield - then you can have no protectors.

That reduces the jumps, but does not eliminate them on a well-waxed playfield. Plastic over the top eliminates them 100%.

#5315 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That reduces the jumps, but does not eliminate them on a well-waxed playfield. Plastic over the top eliminates them 100%.

Like the air balls on the 2x and 3x shots! Airball protectors eliminates them 100%

LOL

#5316 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Like the air balls on the 2x and 3x shots! Airball protectors eliminates them 100%
LOL

Do I really need to explain to you that a lane hop to OUT/ball OVER is much more critical than the occasional airball with the angled brackets? So yeah, angled brackets for the 2/3x area are the best solution there, and plastic over the lane guides are the best solution for that area.

#5317 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do I really need to explain to you that a lane hop to OUT/ball OVER is much more critical than the occasional airball with the angled brackets? So yeah, angled brackets for the 2/3x area are the best solution there, and plastic over the lane guides are the best solution for that area.

Do I really need to explain to you that to protect your playfield 100% from being beat up on long 2x/3x shots that plastic airball protectors are better! One might even argue this protectors keep the ball in play 100% of the time vs angles brackets.

If your point is that angles brackets get you 90% of no air balls on 2x/3x and get rid of ugly plastic protectors then the same applies for the outlanes. Raise the outlanes up to get rid of 95% or more lane hops while getting rid of the ugly plastics!

#5318 5 years ago

I’ve sorted all issues except the ball getting jammed up in the ramp subway.

Would much appreciate any tips guys?

#5319 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I’ve sorted all issues except the ball getting jammed up in the ramp subway.
Would much appreciate any tips guys?

There are posts on this. If I remember right, it's just loosening the lower ramp part and adjusting. Also, making sure your machine's playfield is level left to right and at 6.5 degrees top to bottom, at least.

#5320 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I might be the only one I know of who doesn't have airball issues. Mine is a launch party ear machine, so I wonder if they tweaked something shortly after that introduced airballs. The good news is there are several options that exist to combat the issue.

You're not the only one . .

#5321 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Finally got around to cutting a new airball protector (the old one was too close to slimmer and was chewing up his butt) I went the extra mile on the logo this time and used 3 different acrylics. They fit together very tight and I applied some adhesive to the gaps on the back. We’ll see it it holds up in gameplay!
[quoted image]

glowforge… I see what you did there! dang you lol.

#5322 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

[quoted image]

Did you take a pic of that on the game?

#5323 5 years ago

Hi guys,

Today I noticed that about half of the LED light boards are out on my Ghostbusters premium. I've checked connections underneath the playfield and everything seems good. Is it possible that a node board went out? I also reinstalled the latest update and that didn't correct the issue. It seems that all of the upper playfield LED's are out. All flashers work expect for the containment facility which and the flasher between the pops.

Any suggestions?
20180930_201212 (resized).jpg20180930_201212 (resized).jpg

#5324 5 years ago

I pressed on a few connections under the game and all of a sudden everything was back. I started playing again and the same group of lights all went off again. Weird. I'm going to open a tech thread for the issue just in case any owners with other Spike games have seen this issue.

Update: It was a bad solder joint, fixed!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lights-out-on-ghostbusters

#5325 5 years ago

I ordered to print my design for "Crew Custom card" in chrome vinyl. This was result!

"Ghostbusters Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Ghostbusters%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Ghostbusters Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Ghostbusters%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg

Ghostbusters Custom Pinball Card Crew print1.JPGGhostbusters Custom Pinball Card Crew print1.JPGGhostbusters Custom Pinball Card Crew print2.jpgGhostbusters Custom Pinball Card Crew print2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

You can check designing and details about my "Ghostbusters Custom crew Pinball Card" here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/105#post-4574182

Regards

#5326 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Did you take a pic of that on the game?

sure did:

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
#5327 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

sure did:
[quoted image]

Ooooooh..
that's cool

#5328 5 years ago

Is there anywhere that I can download the sound effects from this game?

I want to make the skill shot successful sound a text tone on my phone for someone specific.

#5329 5 years ago

Hi All,

New GB Premium owner - right out of the box the subway lock coil is firing repeatedly in a pattern. It seems that the machine believes there is a ball to clear and it fires over and over again. This is the same issue shown here in this video from awhile back:

Has anyone seen this and if so can you guys point me in the right direction to debug? Many thanks!

#5330 5 years ago
Quoted from jarch:

Hi All,
New GB Premium owner - right out of the box the subway lock coil is firing repeatedly in a pattern. It seems that the machine believes there is a ball to clear and it fires over and over again. This is the same issue shown here in this video from awhile back:
Has anyone seen this and if so can you guys point me in the right direction to debug? Many thanks!

The switch is stuck in the down position most likely. Have a look from undernearth.

#5331 5 years ago

Thanks, will do!

#5332 5 years ago

Im picking up a GB pro tomorrow. The guy says the slimer cable is broke. Where can i get a replacement and how much does it cost?

#5333 5 years ago

Joining the club in a couple weeks. Pro on the way. Already ordered glow in the dark titan rubbers, airball protector, and a bunch of other stuff to put on when it arrives. Will post pics after set up. Can't wait

#5334 5 years ago

Wanting to buy an LE if anyone is looking to sell. Little worried about the Playfield issues. What do I need to look for or can someone point me in the right direction to read about them? Thanks in advance.

#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from estrader:

Wanting to buy an LE if anyone is looking to sell. Little worried about the Playfield issues. What do I need to look for or can someone point me in the right direction to read about them? Thanks in advance.

Look for the misspelled "reinforcment" on the playfield. But honestly if an LE has made it this far without chipping, crazing, or ghosting, it's probably okay.

#5336 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Look for the misspelled "reinforcment" on the playfield.

I believe that was only the Pro? I think they made multiple runs of that version, too.

#5337 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Im picking up a GB pro tomorrow. The guy says the slimer cable is broke. Where can i get a replacement and how much does it cost?

I haven’t seen that anywhere here on this thread, you might have to go directly to stern for that one .

Congrats on the pick up tomorrow!

#5338 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I believe that was only the Pro? I think they made multiple runs of that version, too.

It's worth looking for, especially if it's an early run LE as there may have been some overlap.

#5339 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'd investigate what 'broken' actually means. the metal cable broke? that seems unlikely. is the wire harness cut? you could probably fix that... It's possible the mech is just not registering properly, because its not a well designed feature. Slimer can be a little tricky to get working correctly. Its also pretty pricy to replace.

1 week later
#5340 5 years ago
47385DF4-EFD6-411C-BFE8-319FD6DE33B4.jpeg47385DF4-EFD6-411C-BFE8-319FD6DE33B4.jpeg
#5341 5 years ago

So I guess the huge code update we have all been waiting for won't be what we think it will be. Or at least no new animations.... Great to have this display though.

#5342 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

So I guess the huge code update we have all been waiting for won't be what we think it will be. Or at least no new animations.... Great to have this display though.

ColorDMD does not dictate what Stern does. if a color display is being shown this week, and then Stern drops new scenes in an update, those would have to be done and a Color update posted.

I've been looking forward to Color for GB for a long time, but it would also be nice if this code update hadn't been teased for a freaking year already. If both happen in the span of a few weeks, I'd be one happy camper.

#5343 5 years ago

Would be nice to see the code update on or before Halloween

#5344 5 years ago

I have a GB pro. Love this game. It's a keeper. Ive done a few mods to the game and never had any issues. But, I feel like I want to sell/trade it and get the Premium. I figure its about a $2k upgrade. I haven't played the Premium much, but I like the subway and the hologram. Is that all Im really missing? Has anyone ever said "I wish I had the pro and not the premium"? Im just trying to see what opinions are and determine if I should spend the $2k and the hassle. Thanks

#5345 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have a GB pro. Love this game. It's a keeper. Ive done a few mods to the game and never had any issues. But, I feel like I want to sell/trade it and get the Premium. I figure its about a $2k upgrade. I haven't played the Premium much, but I like the subway and the hologram. Is that all Im really missing? Has anyone ever said "I wish I had the pro and not the premium"? Im just trying to see what opinions are and determine if I should spend the $2k and the hassle. Thanks

People complain about magna slings, but I think they are a cool and unique feature.

#5346 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

GB Premium destroys the Pro. Subway ramp is way better, magna slings are cool, Slimer does more than just bounce up and down in the same place, Ecto goggles are neat, Library and storage unit are not just a crappy flat plastic. It's a much better experience.

That said, I'd recommend the mezel mods cover for the Firehouse HQ. It looks a WHOLE lot better:
http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6146368

#5347 5 years ago

I wish ya could buy the firehouse without all that other stuff.

#5348 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Yeah, me, too. The flipper bat covers are a waste, and the slime is okay, but I could do without it. The Firehouse is the star, and they know it, which is why it's bundled.

#5349 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That said, I'd recommend the mezel mods cover for the Firehouse HQ. It looks a WHOLE lot better:

I put the firehouse kit on mine. I also changed out the library to the premium library bought from Marco. I also installed a spraky tv in the same area there the hologram would go. I put the walking stay puff in too. Shaker motor installed, and Stern topper. Also, tilt graphics side blades. As for the storage unit, I made the Walter Peck (action figure background) mod. Looks awesome.

#5350 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If they sold just the firehouse I would buy it. Zero interest in the others.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/107?hl=alby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.