IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 250.
#5251 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

REALLY weird occurance on my ghostbusters yesterday...
Pro model. Me and a friend were playing a 2 player game. she was player 1, I was player 2. we both did terribly. She got like 15 million I got like 25 million.
After the game ends, screen says 'Player 1 enter initials'. I think "huh, weird. maybe the scores reset and you got terror dog champion or something."
After initials are entered, game says she was the Terror dog champion, with a 125 Million Jackpot. THEN it shows our final scores again, and it shows both of our scores being: P1 52,000,000 P2 55,000,000
WTF..... game gave champion for a huge jackpot that didnt happen, and also didnt show up in the final score? also it changed our scores to what seem like random numbers? anyone else had anything like this happen? I've been keeping an eye on it ever sense but its been scoring fine since then as far as I can tell.....
...my machine haunted?

Terror dog champ bug is widely documented. Your other score one...not so much. Stick it in the bugs and wishlist thread and I'll add it to the known bugs list for Stern.

#5252 5 years ago

Finally!!

0908182343a (resized).jpg0908182343a (resized).jpg0908182343d (resized).jpg0908182343d (resized).jpg0908182345a (resized).jpg0908182345a (resized).jpg
#5253 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

AS just got a huge update. The list of games specifically called out as being in the queue just got shorter. So now GB is 2nd in line, instead of 3rd in line. I really do think the increase in programming staff at Stern is what is allowing these updates to happen. Hopefully KISS and GB owners will get some love in the very near future.

Their game price increases are paying off for us.

#5254 5 years ago

That lighted speaker panel looks sweet.

#5255 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Finally!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What’s the price? Don’t see it on your site.

#5256 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Their game price increases are paying off for us.

This is one aspect of that. Prices have gone up very fast recently, but they are addressing the code issue way better than in past years.

#5257 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

What’s the price? Don’t see it on your site.

Thanks for asking.

We will start a full thread on this later this week, we will have instructions and installation video linked from that thread also. It is our third generation board, and it is way better then any panel we have done in the past. This panel is in production, but stock will be very limited. All of our guys here are amazed how good it looks. For the metal DMD boards, we will have art work that is very close to original for all games except Star Trek, WWE and Mustang. As we get feedback we will also do custom art panels such as this one. Of course COLORDMD and aftermarket lighted speaker kits will work on these. We should have a picture of this panel on The Walking Dead with aftermarket lighted speaker kits when we start a new thread. COLORDMD mount very nice to this panel, no larges gaps, and no special kit required.

We also have a Stern wood panel version of our Lighted Speaker Panel, that panel is also in production, I should have the Metallica art done on the wood panel when we start that thread also. For wood panels we will have Metallica, ACDC Luci, ACDC premium, Iron Man and Spiderman versions from the metal panel. We are also working on lighted artwork for Lord of the Rings, The Simpsons and Tron. We plan on doing custom artwork for at least 75% of wood paneled Stern games. When we do our wood paneled artwork, you will also get a strip of vinyl for the wood triangle piece of wood in front of the speaker panel.

With our new procedure it will allow us to do other panels we could not do before, we are pushing to have our WPC95 boards done this month, and are working on art work for Medieval Madness and Scared Stiff. We plan to do all WPC95 boards.

We are also working on Lighted Speaker Panels for Stern LCD games. Our main challenge we are having (which could change) is the hinge, but we think we have that figured out. Hope to have those panels ready in October.

Panels will come with artwork attached, we are using a very high grade vinyl that is rated for outdoor use for 12 years. Everything to hook up, included all hardware needed for original DMD and speakers as well as COLORDMD and aftermarket speaker kits.

The attached pictures are of Metallica's Lighted Speaker Panel, the back of our lighted speaker panel next to Sterns metal panel, molex power tap for LED controller, picture of a lighted speaker kit and COLORDMD mounted to the back of the panel. The picture of the white and green is how smooth of a finish we are getting on these panels prior to vinyl.

To answer your question, complete panel with artwork and all connections will be $199.99 plus S&H. When we start the LCD panels, they may be a little more. Hope to have WPC95 at $199.99 and we will include a plexiglass DMD protector and speaker grills at that price, but still getting the details worked out.

We will be offering these to Pinside people via PM before we list on our website.

Thanks
Dan

0815181332d (resized).jpg0815181332d (resized).jpg0908181527a (resized).jpg0908181527a (resized).jpg0908181554 (resized).jpg0908181554 (resized).jpg0908181808a (resized).jpg0908181808a (resized).jpg0908181827_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0908181827_HDR_resized (resized).jpg0908181827a_resized (resized).jpg0908181827a_resized (resized).jpg0909181525 (resized).jpg0909181525 (resized).jpg
#5258 5 years ago

And yes, brackets are factory made. Mount system is different then original panel, but fits very tight.

0908181820 (resized).jpg0908181820 (resized).jpg0908181820a (resized).jpg0908181820a (resized).jpg
#5259 5 years ago

We will also have artwork that will look very close to the original artwork on Ghost Busters, should have that ready for viewing in a few days. Ghost Buster won't have a molex power tap, but we do have the proper power tap for Spike games that will come with the panel.

#5260 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

This is one aspect of that. Prices have gone up very fast recently, but they are addressing the code issue way better than in past years.

Yeah but prices shouldn't have had to go up for them to sell us games with complete code or for code updates to get to us better and faster. Good code is to be expected regardless of the prices they are selling new games for.

#5261 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah but prices shouldn't have had to go up for them to sell us games with complete code or for code updates to get to us better and faster. Good code is to be expected regardless of the prices they are selling new games for.

Didn't they just add 3 new programmers?

#5262 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I think they did. TBH, the ST code update was so strange I wonder if the new guys were given it as a project to cut their teeth.

#5263 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

For a long time I have thought that they release games too often. With their staff of even two years ago, we saw that they could get designs out at the pace they wanted, but the programmers couldn't keep up. I would love to know what things would have been like if they released a game every 5-6 months instead of every 4 months or had one more programmer/programming team. I think that would have kept things in balance and the "Where's the code?" thing might not have ever happened. I think their catalog of games within a current production license would allow for the pace to slow down a little.

That almost doesn't matter at this point though because they have staffed up. So now they are chipping away at titles that are in need of some love. I don't like the wait on GB, but what can I do but wait? I operate GB and don't want to sell. I don't want to even consider it until it gets to 100% gross ROI because that would bug me every time I looked at my earnings spreadsheet. It'll get there, but I bet with a rocking 1.20 update it'll get there a heck of a lot faster.

#5264 5 years ago

We will also have artwork that will look very close to the original artwork on Ghost Busters, should have that ready for viewing in a few days. Ghost Buster won't have a molex power tap, but we do have the proper power tap for Spike games that will come with the panel.

The center panel appears to be the same print I have hanging in my game room by Vance Kelly. Great poster.

24500B61-A4B4-416B-B45A-EE04C7174DB3 (resized).jpeg24500B61-A4B4-416B-B45A-EE04C7174DB3 (resized).jpeg
#5265 5 years ago

Joining the club tomorrow.

#5266 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Joining the club tomorrow.

#5267 5 years ago

Finally!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The license on that art couldn't have been cheap...

#5268 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes they did. What does that have to do with anything?

#5270 5 years ago

I just blew up my Ghostbusters Prem! I've been focusing on the Gozer standup when I get to StayPuft. Tonight it paid off. I put the ball in the pops four times before taking the "Choose and Perish" shot. It's risky as there's no telling where the ball will go coming out of that center exit. I had X1, X3, X3 and X6 (I don't know how it assigns the multipliers). I hit the right loop for the X6 and started at 300M per shot! I completed StayPuft and drained after bricking my first shot for WCWS.

On the next plunge, I hit the "K" for light multipliers, and went into WCWS with multipliers lit. That was another points free-for-all. I wrapped up the game with We Got One, and finished with 11 Billion!!

GB 11B (resized).jpgGB 11B (resized).jpg
#5271 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I just blew up my Ghostbusters Prem! I've been focusing on the Gozer standup when I get to StayPuft. Tonight it paid off. I put the ball in the pops four times before taking the "Choose and Perish" shot. It's risky as there's no telling where the ball will go coming out of that center exit. I had X1, X3, X3 and X6 (I don't know how it assigns the multipliers). I hit the right loop for the X6 and started at 300M per shot! I completed StayPuft and drained after bricking my first shot for WCWS.
On the next plunge, I hit the "K" for light multipliers, and went into WCWS with multipliers lit. That was another points free-for-all. I wrapped up the game with We Got One, and finished with 11 Billion!![quoted image]

Amazing how this happens - you at least had a plan and stuck to it!

My best is 16 bill and I really don't understand how I got there, but the score seemed to go up by hundreds of millions every few seconds.

That one game, where I scored billions more than any games before or since, was enough to solidify GB in my collection. Once day I hope to do it again...

#5272 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

On the next plunge, I hit the "K" for light multipliers, and went into WCWS with multipliers lit. That was another points free-for-all. I wrapped up the game with We Got One, and finished with 11 Billion!![quoted image]

Amazing! My highest is 7.6 billion and i have no idea how i did it lol.

#5273 5 years ago

Not bad, I got to 5B on my first ball and then it's a points fest I was hitting pke for 463M and with 6x playfield. I finished on 16Billion.

#5274 5 years ago

These scores are crazy. Interesting that some comments state that they do not know how they got there. My high score is something in the 10B and the following is about 5B.

To be honest this shows that the scoring urgently needs some polish. The huge scores depend on the playfield multipliers to be available in the right moment. And thus you need luck to hit the K lane. It is not fun for me to have such a dependency of the scoring from the skill shoot in K.

I hope that the code update adjusts the scoring back to the basics: good shots/long play leads to high scoring.

#5275 5 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

These scores are crazy. Interesting that some comments state that they do not know how they got there. My high score is something in the 10B and the following is about 5B.
To be honest this shows that the scoring urgently needs some polish. The huge scores depend on the playfield multipliers to be available in the right moment. And thus you need luck to hit the K lane. It is not fun for me to have such a dependency of the scoring from the skill shoot in K.
I hope that the code update adjusts the scoring back to the basics: good shots/long play leads to high scoring.

light them at the captive ball. It deffo needs looking at when you're at 10B and the 10% of your score is lit at the skillshot...

#5276 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yes they did. What does that have to do with anything?

Well the money to pay them has to come from somewhere.

#5277 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well the money to pay them has to come from somewhere.

I think they are making plenty of money to hire a few coders without raising the prices every single release. Thats their business though and they can do whatever they choose to do.

#5278 5 years ago
Quoted from Zora:

I can't argue with you about huge points requiring getting multipliers at the right time. However, I don't think that the "k" shot and scoring code need to be adjusted (there are bigger priorities). I think it creates an interesting dynamic for the home game. Very high risk / very huge reward. I can't imagine that tournament players even mess with the multipliers in this game. It's too unreliable (either way you try), and they would be forfeiting a for sure 10% of their scores on each plunge by not taking an easy skill shot.

Being able to pull off one of these outrageous scores on demand would be unlikely. But they sure are fun when everything lines up and you get one!! Finishing the game is still my ultimate goal. Points are nice bragging rights, but I'm more impressed by someone who can complete a game. I've yet to do that on any of my games.

1 week later
#5279 5 years ago

Wouhou !!!

file-5 (resized).jpgfile-5 (resized).jpg
#5280 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

Wouhou !!!
[quoted image]

Nice work. Now practice making the "K" skillshot (select with the left flipper) reliably and you will at least quadruple that with no additional effort.

#5281 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Being able to pull off one of these outrageous scores on demand would be unlikely. But they sure are fun when everything lines up and you get one!! Finishing the game is still my ultimate goal. Points are nice bragging rights, but I'm more impressed by someone who can complete a game. I've yet to do that on any of my games.

I'll just be happy when we get a much less buggy ROM. Having "We got one" running at the same time as "Spook Central" is annoying (other modes mix, too, all are equally annoying and unpredictable). I also hate that if the ramp is your last shot to finish a right ladder mode, you end up triggering the lit left ramp mode.

#5282 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I also hate that if the ramp is your last shot to finish a right ladder mode, you end up triggering the lit left ramp mode.

I don't want any change to this at all. Plan your shots ahead. I don't want to have all of the modes lit after I finish a mode. That's one more shot I have to make. If you want to get into a certain mode and you are in a mode, make sure that shot is the last one you have to make.

#5283 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I don't want any change to this at all. Plan your shots ahead. I don't want to have all of the modes lit after I finish a mode. That's one more shot I have to make. If you want to get into a certain mode and you are in a mode, make sure that shot is the last one you have to make.

I agree and hope they don't change this in the rules. I like the challenge of planning the mode completion shots. Makes sense to have it a game option to auto start the next mode.

*However* I absolutely think there is a problem when the last slimer hit is in the ecto goggles and collecting it forces the start of the next mode on the right ladder. This is random behavior and is extra frustrating when there is only one mode left in one of the other two sets.

#5284 5 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I agree and hope they don't change this in the rules. I like the challenge of planning the mode completion shots. Makes sense to have it a game option to auto start the next mode.
*However* I absolutely think there is a problem when the last slimer hit is in the ecto goggles and collecting it forces the start of the next mode on the right ladder. This is random behavior and is extra frustrating when there is only one mode left in one of the other two sets.

Planning and accuracy are rewarded richly in this game. The fact that completing a mode and starting the next mode can occur on the same shot is a bonus for good shooting. It can also be a penalty, as PinMonk stated when the left ramp is the last shot for a right ladder mode. Even then, you aren't really in jail, as you have another mode started that can be very lucrative. I much prefer this to a single "mode start shot" that allows me to pick any mode I want, but forces me to go to one place every time.

You always have the option of not taking the final shot and going thru the "ghost standup" method of relighting the modes. You can then take the one you want. I can't say that I would advise that, but it's available. I think the coding of this game is done really well. It's very different from other mode based games. With planning and good shooting, you can be in a mini-wizard mode with just 10 shots. It's damn-near impossible, but it is possible!! I find that very creative.

I do agree with PinMonk that the bugs in the code need to be fixed. Hopefully we'll see an update that is worthy of this game's potential and really puts it over the top.

#5285 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

You always have the option of not taking the final shot and going thru the "ghost standup" method of relighting the modes. You can then take the one you want.

I don't think you understand the scenario I mean. If you complete some number of modes and your current one times out, you will need to hit the ghost target to bring down slimer and bash him in order to start the next mode. There are times when on the last slimer hit, the bash toy swings up and he moves to the ecto goggles. At this point there is nochoice on how to complete slimer, you must shoot the ecto goggles. The problem is, clearing slimer on the ecto shot will immediately start the next mode in the right ladder. That, I think is a problem. Of course this is only a Prem/LE issue.

Now that I have this annoyance at the tip of my brain, I will send a note to Stern while they are (supposedly) working on the GB code update. If anybody has Dwight's direct email, please send a PM.

#5286 5 years ago

I was playing (my) GB in a tournament last night at a location we only play at once a month. It was so fun and since it's a little more casual, my friend and I were chatting about all of the things we like about the game and what could be improved. The game has a lot to offer experienced players. I don't know that the layout will be something newer players can mange well, but my buddy was having a blast nailing PKE 3 times in a row for 256 million a pop.

#5287 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Planning and accuracy are rewarded richly in this game. The fact that completing a mode and starting the next mode can occur on the same shot is a bonus for good shooting. It can also be a penalty, as vireland stated when the left ramp is the last shot for a right ladder mode. Even then, you aren't really in jail, as you have another mode started that can be very lucrative. I much prefer this to a single "mode start shot" that allows me to pick any mode I want, but forces me to go to one place every time.
You always have the option of not taking the final shot and going thru the "ghost standup" method of relighting the modes. You can then take the one you want. I can't say that I would advise that, but it's available. I think the coding of this game is done really well. It's very different from other mode based games. With planning and good shooting, you can be in a mini-wizard mode with just 10 shots. It's damn-near impossible, but it is possible!! I find that very creative.
I do agree with vireland that the bugs in the code need to be fixed. Hopefully we'll see an update that is worthy of this game's potential and really puts it over the top.

Good discussion. I always thought that "auto starting" the next mode felt "unexpected" as opposed to "intuitive", and made this brutal game seem a little more brutal. However, I decided to keep an open mind and play a couple games trying to use auto mode start to my advantage. Sure enough, if you concentrate on making sure your mode-ending shot goes to the ladder you want to advance, it's noticeably easier to complete ladders. So, I guess it's "OK", but I'm still not crazy about that aspect of the design.

On a side note, one thing did go wrong. I made the left ramp shot after starting Spook Central, and We Got One started, so both modes ran concurrently. When that happens, it's hard to know where to shoot! This weird issue has been reported before in the issues thread.

#5288 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

On a side note, one thing did go wrong. I made the left ramp shot after starting Spook Central, and We Got One started, so both modes ran concurrently. When that happens, it's hard to know where to shoot! This weird issue has been reported before in the issues thread.

Yeah, it's still got some bugs that need squashed. The pending update should take care of them.

Quoted from RobF:

I don't think you understand the scenario I mean.

Now I understand. I don't think that I've ever had that exact scenario play out on mine.

#5289 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Now I understand. I don't think that I've ever had that exact scenario play out on mine.

Maybe I am just the only one who can't finish modes on time It's more common to see this behavior on the first ball if you miss the skill shot to start the first mode. Slimer jumping to the goggles is not a frequent occurrence. It is less of an annoyance on the first ball as most of the time people are aiming for the ecto skill shot and are resigned to starting the game with WBTD anyway.

#5290 5 years ago

Ghostbusters Lighted Speaker Panel "Fear No Ghost" Art Package has just arrived in our store!

Check these out in action here:

And pick one up here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01940-ghostbusters-stern-lighted-speaker-panel-fear-no-ghost-art

Or through our website.

Our "Original Resemblance" Art Package will be released in just a few days!

Ghostbusters_Pinball_Ultimate_Speaker_Panel_LED (resized).jpgGhostbusters_Pinball_Ultimate_Speaker_Panel_LED (resized).jpg
#5291 5 years ago

What does it look like when the power is off?

#5292 5 years ago

Is it interactive with the game?

#5293 5 years ago

Ghostbusters Lighted Speaker Panel "Fear No Ghost" Art Package has just arrived in our store!
Check these out in action here:
And pick one up here: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01940-ghostbusters-stern-lighted-speaker-panel-fear-no-ghost-art
Or through our website.
Our "Original Resemblance" Art Package will be released in just a few days!
[quoted image]

Looks cool... not seeing $200. Cool though

#5294 5 years ago

Looks good but just more stuff reflecting on the glass. I hate glass reflections. I have modified a few of my older games to shut off the backbox when the flippers are active. I am hoping in the new code update that they will put the adjustment for backbox brightness during gameplay in the adjustments menu like BM66.

#5295 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Looks good but just more stuff reflecting on the glass. I hate glass reflections. I have modified a few of my older games to shut off the backbox when the flippers are active. I am hoping in the new code update that they will put the adjustment for backbox brightness during gameplay in the adjustments menu like BM66.

Agreed, that is one of the best adjustments ever. Cant wait for the new update, im gonna start playing the hell out of mine again.

#5296 5 years ago

I have owned a prem for a few months now,the honeymoon is well and truly over and it is still the game I play and enjoy the most.
Just over 6 billion is my best score.
Here's hoping the next update is soon, I love this game.

#5297 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Is it interactive with the game?

No but it has a bunch of different colors and effects via remote.

#5298 5 years ago

We have our version of the original artwork done for our Lighted Speaker Panel for Ghost Busters. It will be on our website in a day or 2 Pictures of many colors and video of all colors will be on our website. www.lightedpinballmods.com

0923182044 (resized).jpg0923182044 (resized).jpg
#5299 5 years ago

We have our version of the original artwork done for our Lighted Speaker Panel for Ghost Busters. It will be on our website in a day or 2 Pictures of many colors and video of all colors will be on our website. www.lightedpinballmods.com[quoted image]

Maybe you could post a picture with a Bent Plastic shield on it to show how it cuts down the reflection on the pf glass.

#5300 5 years ago

Why don't the spammers go advertise their stuff in the right place and leave the forum for actual conversations....it really is irritating to have a thread bumped by another ad......

We get it....everything needs to be lit up by LEDs....sheesh

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/106?hl=litedpinballmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.