IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 250.
#5201 5 years ago

My new "little High Score" on my Ghostbusters Premium ;+)

file1 (resized).jpgfile1 (resized).jpg
#5202 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

[quoted image]

That's awesome. One thing I've learned about this game....6x playfield is the key to scores. You can get huge scores without progressing very far in the game if you can lock in 6x. As long as a scene is running or ready to start, I plunge for the "K".

#5203 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

[quoted image]

That's about where I'm at. Third game ever on my LE (or any LE/Premium outside of a few rounds on the video game version...it had been two years since I played a pro) and I put up 550 million and got to Mass Hysteria--haven't been close since. Sometimes I get into the 100's with the occasional 300's, but I have to complete more modes if I want to get back over 500 mil.

#5204 5 years ago

Would a new color DMD (I know the game is not colored yet) help with reading the Tobin's spirit guide? The red on red is impossible to read IMO.

#5205 5 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

Would a new color DMD (I know the game is not colored yet) help with reading the Tobin's spirit guide? The red on red is impossible to read IMO.

Gg needs color DMD .

#5206 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Gg needs color DMD .

Has there ever been a game colored before it is "done"? KISS doesn't have color correct? Did avengers when it had it's big update?

If somebody is working on color, would it be that big of a deal to update/tweak any changes that happen if/when the next GB update happens?

I think that GB will be one of the best color jobs of all the DMDs because of the art style in the dots. It's just begging for it.

#5207 5 years ago
Quoted from thall17:

I'd say yes, it helps. I have a ColorDMD in Ghostbusters set to solid magenta, tile mode. I replaced the stock display shield with a clear one from Pinbits. Tobin's Spirit Guide is quite readable. I experimented with other colors, including the obvious choice, green. I also tried dynamic color changing via ColorDMD's external interface. I kept coming back to solid magenta. It's vivid and bright, and looks great in this game.

#5208 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Has there ever been a game colored before it is "done"? KISS doesn't have color correct? Did avengers when it had it's big update?
If somebody is working on color, would it be that big of a deal to update/tweak any changes that happen if/when the next GB update happens?
I think that GB will be one of the best color jobs of all the DMDs because of the art style in the dots. It's just begging for it.

Good question. I dont see why not. I will purchase as soon as it is available..

#5209 5 years ago

Just joined the club with a pro model. I jist bought cointaker lit flipper buttons for it. Im curious, where does the power plug in? Do i need an adaptor? Does it go to the node board on the left side somewhere? Thanks

#5210 5 years ago

I have Comet ones and they connect to the coin slot light, not sure if this will help or not.

#5211 5 years ago

I didnt see anywhere that had the same type of connector. Ill take a look. Thanks!

#5212 5 years ago

Nope, not in the coin door

#5213 5 years ago

Looks like i need an adapter

1 week later
#5214 5 years ago

Hey everyone, I have had a GBLE for a while now and it doesn't play as perfect as I want it to. It is hard to understand exactly what needs to be done to tune it to perfection but I have played a sweet premium someone had tuned up very nicely and the experience was far more satisfying. I am wondering if anyone has had to do a lot of tuning on their premium/le machine and if so what was done? Any advice for making it shoot better would be great. I know this is really hard to answer since you tune that needs to be tuned but anything you have tried or adjusted etc that might help me get started may be really helpful!

#5215 5 years ago

I'm ready for a code update. Just got to We are ready to believe you the other night. Seems very similar to We came we saw.

#5216 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'm ready for a code update.

Same. Any word on when this can be expected? For some reason I thought Stern said Summer 2018.

#5217 5 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

Hey everyone, I have had a GBLE for a while now and it doesn't play as perfect as I want it to. It is hard to understand exactly what needs to be done to tune it to perfection but I have played a sweet premium someone had tuned up very nicely and the experience was far more satisfying. I am wondering if anyone has had to do a lot of tuning on their premium/le machine and if so what was done? Any advice for making it shoot better would be great. I know this is really hard to answer since you tune that needs to be tuned but anything you have tried or adjusted etc that might help me get started may be really helpful!

There is no doubt that this game needs attention out of the box. But it isn't hard to do. My Prem plays really well, and I can often get deep into the game. I've been one mode away from WRTBY on several occasions. Even dialed in the game will still play hard, depending on how far you go with "tweaks". Below are the issues I had and how I corrected them, mechanically and thru software adjustments.

Airballs / Hopped In-lanes - added Modfather protectors to the left ramp and inlane/outlanes.

Switches not registering - My left ramp switch was very intermittent. I just bent the arm out to give it more travel as the ball passed.

Right ramp - Getting the ball around the right ramp was nearly impossible. I changed the hex nut to 1 5/8", and that helped. The real solution was WAX. After I waxed the playfield for the first time, the ball rocketed up that ramp. Finishing Spook and Gozer are now possible. It still has to be a clean shot, but there's no more half-way fallbacks. I'll always keep a good wax coat on this game. Of course, the trade-off is that the ball rockets around the playfield as well.

Kickouts - The left kickout would often drop right into the center drain, and the right kickout would go into the magna-slings and all hell would break loose (mine seem to be more sensitive than what I see in videos). I set both kickouts to low power (between 20 and 25 I think). Now the left KO drops to the left flipper and can be caught or bounce passed over to the right. The right KO shoots across to the left flipper and hops over cleanly to the right. I call this fair as the magna-slings introduce enough chaos into this game.

Other issues/complaints that are out there. Slimer not registering hits. On mine it takes a dead-in-the-face shot to register. I don't feel the need to change that. I see it as being part of this game...accuracy and timing are king. The Scoleri targets have also given people fits with airballs and not dropping, etc. Thankfully, I haven't had any of these problems. Some hate the wide flipper gap. There's a center post mod, but I don't think that is really necessary.

That hits the issues that I've read about or needed to adjust on my own game. Once you've got it how you like it, it might become your favorite game. It's definitely one of mine.

#5218 5 years ago

Stern said a long time ago „We will start on Ghostbusters as soon as Star Wars hits 1.0“

Well stern did Star Wars... „V1.00 - December 11, 2017“...

Stern said „Aerosmith, Kiss and Ghostbuster will get some additional polish and one final update. Wich will start to release mid summer“ Wait... Yes we have got nothing.,,

Current status is: Aerosmith is selected to release by end of September followed by Kiss and Ghostbusters last. Let’s see if Stern is telling the truth this time...

I guess we won’t see GB code before early 2019

They also said another BM66 code update will release by the end of this month. Well, they have 2 more days.

DON‘T blame me for telling the truth. I don’t hate Stern. But they should at least stick to their promises.

To be fair, stern has gotten better in the past few month

#5219 5 years ago

My "K" lane is not registering often at all. I had already changed the switch, pretty much the exact same results. Now I'm looking at the connector, but since it's likely IDC, I'l probably just redo the whole thing with a crimp and stuff molex. I hope this is it, because there's not much else that can get looked at and the "K" can be very important.

#5220 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'm ready for a code update. Just got to We are ready to believe you the other night. Seems very similar to We came we saw.

Sixteen BM66 updates since the last GB update. Is the guy who has the final say on code update priority also the BM66 designer?

#5221 5 years ago

I've been trying to figure this out for awhile and can't get it. The rulesheet states that you increase the X multiplier on the Staypuft "choose and perish" shots by hitting the Gozer standup. I've only been able to get it to X2 on one of the shots. The others still showed X1. How does this work? How is a Gozer hit assigned to increase the bonus...which shot gets it? Can you increase the X to more than 2?

#5222 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I've been trying to figure this out for awhile and can't get it. The rulesheet states that you increase the X multiplier on the Staypuft "choose and perish" shots by hitting the Gozer standup. I've only been able to get it to X2 on one of the shots. The others still showed X1. How does this work? How is a Gozer hit assigned to increase the bonus...which shot gets it? Can you increase the X to more than 2?

yes, hit gozer,each pop bumper changes the shot that gets multiplied ,and gozer multiplies it up to 6X ! its very difficult,but I go for it everytime,usually hitting a shot before the multipliers get to 6X starting staypuft. So much fun! 6X multipliers with 6X staypuft shot is my goal! 1.8b a shot if my math is correct!!

#5223 5 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

yes, hit gozer,each pop bumper changes the shot that gets multiplied ,and gozer multiplies it up to 6X ! its very difficult,but I go for it everytime,usually hitting a shot before the multipliers get to 6X starting staypuft. So much fun! 6X multipliers with 6X staypuft shot is my goal! 1.8b a shot if my math is correct!!

I always try to hit the Gozer shot once before activating StayPuft to get the 2X. If it takes six Gozer hits to get to 6X on the "choose and perish" shot...and the pop bumpers change the shot that it's increasing, I don't think difficult is the right word. Impossible might be better!! Sounds like I have a new goal for GB too.

#5224 5 years ago

Gotta say I was a little disappointed no new code showed up all summer....

#5225 5 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Gotta say I was a little disappointed no new code showed up all summer....

19 days left of Summer. We're just past the 2/3 mark.

#5226 5 years ago

Hey guys! Can someone do me a favour and take a photo of the Slimer mech please on a Prem!! Was playing a mates Premium GB last night and at the back of the swinging arm mech it looks like something should be there but I don't know what.

Can anyone help please...must be a premium I guess to make sure it's the same! Just from where the support pole I guess it is, mounts.

Thanks!! Love this game!

#5227 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Hey guys! Can someone do me a favour and take a photo of the Slimer mech please on a Prem!! Was playing a mates Premium GB last night and at the back of the swinging arm mech it looks like something should be there but I don't know what.
Can anyone help please...must be a premium I guess to make sure it's the same! Just from where the support pole I guess it is, mounts.
Thanks!! Love this game!

AB92DB43-27C0-4D8F-B039-7300D88859F3 (resized).jpegAB92DB43-27C0-4D8F-B039-7300D88859F3 (resized).jpeg
#5228 5 years ago

Walk about into internet, I found a great image than inspired me a "Crew" custom card! Here is my result! I hope you like!

Opinions and improvement suggestions are welcome!

"Ghostbusters Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Ghostbusters%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg

Details in "Ghostbusters Custom Pinball Card - Crew" (STERN). Designed by Zona Arcade and Mikonos.
https://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Ghostbusters%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Ghostbusters Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgGhostbusters Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgGhostbusters Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpgGhostbusters Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#5229 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Sixteen BM66 updates since the last GB update. Is the guy who has the final say on code update priority also the BM66 designer?

To be fair, BM66 owners were promised an update every 2 weeks until it is done. 2 years of waiting for a game to have "completed" code is rediculous.

Are the software timelines far longer than originally communicated. Yes. Welcome to the world of software development. Where ever developer knows to double their estimate because they are bad at estimating, and then you still need to double that estimate because they are really bad at estimating.

#5230 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

To be fair, BM66 owners were promised an update every 2 weeks until it is done. 2 years of waiting for a game to have "completed" code is rediculous.
Are the software timelines far longer than originally communicated. Yes. Welcome to the world of software development. Where ever developer knows to double their estimate because they are bad at estimating, and then you still need to double that estimate because they are really bad at estimating.

Latest Stern of the Union says AS code update is done and in final evaluation. Then KISS, then GB. Im curious who is doing the updates since they have a lot of new employees over there. If it helped move things along, I'd be fine with Dwight laying out what he wants changed, and then let a newer person implement it. Let Dwight test it and approve, and then release it. Dwight doesn't have to be doing it if he is busy working on the latest project.

#5231 5 years ago

When coming down the subway for a ball lock, on my premium, the ball doesn’t seem to make it all the way to the coil. It gets stuck right here and won’t fall into the correct position. I’ve tightened down the assembly and the game is level. What have you guys done to sort this out?

76FC4B7D-C51C-4636-A95E-A68DE931A709 (resized).jpeg76FC4B7D-C51C-4636-A95E-A68DE931A709 (resized).jpegB491CB8A-2FFF-41F7-9819-ECF7A7ED9513 (resized).jpegB491CB8A-2FFF-41F7-9819-ECF7A7ED9513 (resized).jpeg
#5232 5 years ago

Thanks for that!! Your's is the same as my mates...what's going on there?? No screw and those 2 angled brackets doing nothing!!

GB (resized).jpgGB (resized).jpg
#5233 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Thanks for that!! Your's is the same as my mates...what's going on there?? No screw and those 2 angled brackets doing nothing!![quoted image]

Keeps the ball from getting stuck there.

#5234 5 years ago
Quoted from GhostThruster:

When coming down the subway for a ball lock, on my premium, the ball doesn’t seem to make it all the way to the coil. It gets stuck right here and won’t fall into the correct position. I’ve tightened down the assembly and the game is level. What have you guys done to sort this out?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's level left to right, but what's your playfield angle?

#5235 5 years ago

I just/finally joined the club!

In a cosmic act of fate after accumulation of too many project pins traded all projects games for a N.I.B. GB Pro delivered yesterday!

Being as busy as ever I must be way more efficient with my time, energy, space and resources.

#5236 5 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Can you take a photo without the ball in it?

#5237 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

Can you take a photo without the ball in it?

Playfield angle is about 6.7 degrees.

E82E2370-3FB4-42FF-843D-40A5B4420AB9 (resized).jpegE82E2370-3FB4-42FF-843D-40A5B4420AB9 (resized).jpeg

F27C0523-83D9-4C9A-899C-92F5FB70FCFA (resized).jpegF27C0523-83D9-4C9A-899C-92F5FB70FCFA (resized).jpeg
#5238 5 years ago

Playfield angle is about 6.7 degrees.
[quoted image]

Did you check the balls for magnetism? Are they stock Stern or something else like super shiny or ninja balls?

#5239 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Did you check the balls for magnetism? Are they stock Stern or something else like super shiny or ninja balls?

They are stock stern balls. I just checked and very slightly magnetized. I don’t think strong enough to get stuck together down there though. I will swap them out and try that. Is there something else down there that might be holding them by magnet once that game is on?

#5240 5 years ago

They are stock stern balls. I just checked and very slightly magnetized. I don’t think strong enough to get stuck together down there though. I will swap them out and try that. Is there something else down there that might be holding them by magnet once that game is on?

Maybe if the bracket down there somehow got magnetized, but you'd be the first if that were the case.

Did you try bending the lip that feeds into the up kicker down just a smidge? It looks like there's room to do it.

Also are you measuring the left to right level with a real level or a phone app? On the Playfield itself or the glass?

#5241 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe if the bracket down there somehow got magnetized, but you'd be the first if that were the case.
Did you try bending the lip that feeds into the up kicker down just a smidge? It looks like there's room to do it.

I haven’t tried bending it yet but that’s my next step. It’s just weird, I’ve had the machine for over a year now and it just started happening. Not sure what could have caused it.

#5242 5 years ago

I haven’t tried bending it yet but that’s my next step. It’s just weird, I’ve had the machine for over a year now and it just started happening. Not sure what could have caused it.

Magnetism is theory#1, and alignment issues #2.

#5243 5 years ago

AS just got a huge update. The list of games specifically called out as being in the queue just got shorter. So now GB is 2nd in line, instead of 3rd in line. I really do think the increase in programming staff at Stern is what is allowing these updates to happen. Hopefully KISS and GB owners will get some love in the very near future.

#5244 5 years ago

I sure hope GB is a big one and not like Star Trek, which was hardly worth downloading.

#5245 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Magnetism is theory#1, and alignment issues #2.

The balls weren't the fix but bending the tabs that hold the bottom piece of that chute to the sides was. I twisted them and pulled the bottom piece down slightly and so far that has corrected the issue. Hopefully it continues to be the fix.

#5246 5 years ago

The balls weren't the fix but bending the tabs that hold the bottom piece of that chute to the sides was. I twisted them and pulled the bottom piece down slightly and so far that has corrected the issue. Hopefully it continues to be the fix.

Thanks for following up with the fix. Just a little tweak can make a big difference.

#5247 5 years ago

REALLY weird occurance on my ghostbusters yesterday...

Pro model. Me and a friend were playing a 2 player game. she was player 1, I was player 2. we both did terribly. She got like 15 million I got like 25 million.

After the game ends, screen says 'Player 1 enter initials'. I think "huh, weird. maybe the scores reset and you got terror dog champion or something."

After initials are entered, game says she was the Terror dog champion, with a 125 Million Jackpot. THEN it shows our final scores again, and it shows both of our scores being: P1 52,000,000 P2 55,000,000

WTF..... game gave champion for a huge jackpot that didnt happen, and also didnt show up in the final score? also it changed our scores to what seem like random numbers? anyone else had anything like this happen? I've been keeping an eye on it ever sense but its been scoring fine since then as far as I can tell.....

...my machine haunted?

#5248 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I sure hope GB is a big one and not like Star Trek, which was hardly worth downloading.

Me too. After seeing how big the AS update was it is looking good that GB will get a decent size final update.

#5249 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

Pro model. Me and a friend were playing a 2 player game. she was player 1, I was player 2. we both did terribly. She got like 15 million I got like 25 million.
After the game ends, screen says 'Player 1 enter initials'. I think "huh, weird. maybe the scores reset and you got terror dog champion or something."
After initials are entered, game says she was the Terror dog champion, with a 125 Million Jackpot. THEN it shows our final scores again, and it shows both of our scores being: P1 52,000,000 P2 55,000,000
WTF..... game gave champion for a huge jackpot that didnt happen, and also didnt show up in the final score? also it changed our scores to what seem like random numbers? anyone else had anything like this happen? I've been keeping an eye on it ever sense but its been scoring fine since then as far as I can tell.....
...my machine haunted?

Happens all the time to the one I have on location.

#5250 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

...my machine haunted?

This happened somewhat to mine the other night. I wasn't paying attention but I had 4 guests over for the night and each one of them (in different games) received terror dog or gozer hurry up champions. Made no sense. I don't remember exactly what the champion scores were before but I know that they were pretty high. And the guests that were playing were not pinball people so no way in one night all four of them got those. Really weird. First time this has happened to me and I have had my game for almost a year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

15,699 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 103.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/105?hl=ghostthruster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.