IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 249.
#5151 5 years ago

Hey,

Just got my brand NIB GB Premium - very happy with it - didn't make any change except the nice speaker ghost lighted panels from yoyokopter

Enjoy!

20180727_112041 (resized).jpg20180727_112041 (resized).jpg
#5152 5 years ago

Ouch!!
From the latest Stern of the Union on code.

"Aerosmith – Work continues on the next Aerosmith update and it’s taking longer than anticipated with internal development, testing, and trying to make a great game even better! Our goal is to release this by the end of next month. We still have KISS updates following Aerosmith which will be followed by a Ghostbusters update."

So no Aerosmith until end of Sept. then KISS, Then GB.
Will probably be 2019 before GB gets any love.

#5153 5 years ago

Stern releases 4 games before a code update for Ghost Busters

#5154 5 years ago

I predict the Ghostbusters update makes an appearance at Expo then released to the public on Halloween. ColorDMD will release same day. Boom.

#5155 5 years ago
Quoted from benjn:

Hey,
Just got my brand NIB GB Premium - very happy with it - didn't make any change except the nice speaker ghost lighted panels from yoyokopter
Enjoy!
[quoted image]

This kit is worth getting. Really classes up the cheap Ghostbusters HQ (I wish you could just get the building, but they force the flipper covers and slimer cap on you):
http://costore.com/sternpinball/productenlarged.asp?peid=235&pid=6146368

Also, you probably will end up with protectors over the in and outlanes to prevent lane hops. This machine is TERRIBLE about lane hops.

#5156 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

So no Aerosmith until end of Sept. then KISS, Then GB.
Will probably be 2019 before GB gets any love.

I imagine there are some challenges within the company with respect to Ghostbusters. It is the product of a lot of work from a lot of people, but for those inside the company that worked with Trudeau on the machine, they may still need time before they are ready to return to it.

#5157 5 years ago
Quoted from imharrow:

I imagine there are some challenges within the company with respect to Ghostbusters. It is the product of a lot of work from a lot of people, but for those inside the company that worked with Trudeau on the machine, they may still need time before they are ready to return to it.

I am not sure this has anything to do with Trudeau. I feel like this has something to do with Stern already up the creek in production costs for GB and the resources to get some new code not making much sense money wise on their end. Ghostbusters was a very successful pin sales wise but with the playfield ghosting and cab splitting, the time and money spent on correcting those issues has probably made the profit margin very slim on this title. My playfield ghosted and I got a new one. Now my cab is splitting on me. My distributer said that Stern is making me a new one but it would take a month. Just my machine alone has been a huge headache on their production line and has cost them a lot in lost time and resources. New code in Sterns eyes is not going to sell more GB. They have already sold enough and they are on to bigger better things like Maiden and now Deadpool. Having someone (Dwight) update the code is only going to be a resource waste on their end and they prob have figured that the additional sales in the game won't be worth it. Yes it will make the owners of GB happy but in the end Stern cares more about the profit then the happiness of its customers who have a GB. The majority of these games are on location and the Operators and people who are dropping quarters in these don't know or care about the code. I love this game and hope that new code comes out soon, but I really think it is going to continuously get put on the back burner and when it does get released it is going to be lackluster. I hope I'm wrong.

#5158 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

My playfield ghosted and I got a new one. Now my cab is splitting on me. My distributer said that Stern is making me a new one but it would take a month.

Which is why it's important to upgrade at least the front corners of all Stern cabs now. The wood is just too soft/cheap now. Splitting is a constant possibility post-KISS cabs. $10-20 and some time eliminates that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

#5159 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which is why it's important to upgrade at least the front corners of all Stern cabs now. The wood is just too soft/cheap now. Splitting is a constant possibility post-KISS cabs. $10-20 and some time eliminates that.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

I saw that post after I saw my cab splitting. I will def do this on the new cab once I set it up. Unfortunately this new cab is just going to take up space for I am not going to take the time and effort to swap it out until the original is to a point of no go. Who knows when that will be though. I wonder how many plays it will take for the bad cab to finally be unplayable?

#5160 5 years ago

I had something weird happen today. My son and I were playing a 2 player game when he had a ball roll not through the subway. game went into ball search and eventually the ball kicked out. The game played for another 45 seconds when the display said game restarting. Game cycled through a reboot. Never has done this. Anyone else?

#5161 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I had something weird happen today. My son and I were playing a 2 player game when he had a ball roll not through the subway. game went into ball search and eventually the ball kicked out. The game played for another 45 seconds when the display said game restarting. Game cycled through a reboot. Never has done this. Anyone else?

I've had the machine say "rebooting" and do this, but not under that circumstance. The game is relatively buggy.

#5162 5 years ago

Hello, my first post! I’m new to owning but have been playing for years. unfortunately I need help if possible. I have been a happy NIB Ghostbusters Premium owner since 12/2017. I have installed a topper but has not been modded in any way.

Starting this evening during regular play anytime the Scoleri drop targets are activated the sound goes all crazy and then 30-45 seconds later the machine resets. This only happens after Scoleri targets pop up. When it resets they drop down. The machine also makes a grinding noise (or whirring). I may be new to the hobby but I did navigate through the service menu to try to fix this on my own before running to pinside for help ; ) There are no technician alerts. I took it through both the right and left drop target tests and they function normally. I thought the whirring sound may be coming from the Slimer target and when I tried to test it in the menu nothing happened, it didn’t move and I heard the whirring sound again.

Am I on the right track? Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

#5163 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Oh wow, I didn’t see this when I started my post. My situation is somewhat similar. I’m pretty sure my error message was Game Reseting after about 30-45 sec, but after the Scoleri animation comes on the DMD and the targets pop up, not after hitting the Subway. Then there was this weird grindinf noise until it restarted. I’ve never had the game completely reset on me until tonight.

#5164 5 years ago

First, disable the scolari brothers and see if the problem is solved.

#5165 5 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

I had something similar. Ball got stuck in a weird place and went into a ball search. I slid the glass down to put the ball back in play. Before I could get the ball cradled, the game restarted.

#5166 5 years ago

Cool, starting to sound like a code thing not a node board thing. Just never happened before and we play the dog snot out of it.

#5167 5 years ago

Must be something related to ball search...Mine went into ball search, and then it kicked out of the right scoop and went into 'restarting/game resetting'(one of those).

#5168 5 years ago

37 loops on GB

not sure this could be quite high, but for what i remember, never did that on mine when i get the pin home...
just found a GB near my house in an arcade, it's than all from factory (5 balls, code 1.11), including airballs (above the outlanes, oh dear), and big gap
the left scoop is exiting the ball quite always STDM, you have to "slide" the machine, which for sure blow a warning... luckily, there're a lot of EB on this pin, same about ball saver...

even with that, with 1 coin, get 11 credits and put a 5.5B score on it, high is 5.7B, but mostly i hit 37 loops

#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

37 loops on GB
not sure this could be quite high, but for what i remember, never did that on mine when i get the pin home...
just found a GB near my house in an arcade, it's than all from factory (5 balls, code 1.11), including airballs (above the outlanes, oh dear), and big gap
the left scoop is exiting the ball quite always STDM, you have to "slide" the machine, which for sure blow a warning... luckily, there're a lot of EB on this pin, same about ball saver...
even with that, with 1 coin, get 11 credits and put a 5.5B score on it, high is 5.7B, but mostly i hit 37 loops

A friend's to is 48 loops. Mine is 20 or so. Well done on your effort

#5170 5 years ago

Can you get that many loops on a Premium ? Someone told me they thought the Pro is “ a better shooter”. Opinions?

#5171 5 years ago

I ask, because I am thinking of buying one and weighing pros and cons

#5172 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I dont want to start a Pro vs Premium war Budman but if money isnt an issue, the Premium is absolutely the way to go on Ghostbusters. The pro is a good game also but the Premium is definitely worth the extra coin on GB.

#5173 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I've enjoyed my time on both. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer; ideally, you'd play both and see if the price difference is worth it to you.

#5174 5 years ago

I'm in the 'pro' camp. The game is hard enough without slimer moving around, and magna slings adding more randomness to the mix. The Premium is Beautiful though, and the magna-slings are COOL. but I feel the Pro plays better.

play em both, buy what you love.

#5175 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I'm in the 'pro' camp. The game is hard enough without slimer moving around, and magna slings adding more randomness to the mix. The Premium is Beautiful though, and the magna-slings are COOL. but I feel the Pro plays better.
play em both, buy what you love.

GB Pro definitely does not play better. I've done both, and the Pro is a lesser experience than the Prem/LE.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5176 5 years ago

Pro is cool machine. But after playing a pro which i liked a lot and the premium which i hated. I bought an LE and wow if you have the game at your home and you can dial it in like you want and need, it plays as good as the pro, maybe a little better then the pro. The all over experience is higher on the premium / LE. So if money is not an issue go Premium and don't look back

#5177 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Pro is cool machine. But after playing a pro which i liked a lot and the premium which i hated. I bought an LE and wow if you have the game at your home and you can dial it in like you want and need, it plays as good as the pro, maybe a little better then the pro. The all over experience is higher on the premium / LE. So if money is not an issue go Premium and don't look back

Why did you buy an LE if you hated the Premium?

#5178 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

GB Pro definitely does not play better. I've done both, and the Pro is a lesser experience than the Prem/LE.

I think 'experience' is the key word there. What are you looking for in the experience? personally I find the premium's features to introduce less control of the ball, so, is a lesser experience in that way.

I also think the premium LOOKS far better than the pro, and the Magna Slings are a pitch-perfect tie in for theme. So for a visual/thematic experience, the premium is better.

That said, if new code allows outlane saves, I'll have to re-play them both again to see how I feel about them. Outlane saves are desperately needed on this game.

#5179 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I think 'experience' is the key word there. What are you looking for in the experience? personally I find the premium's features to introduce less control of the ball, so, is a lesser experience in that way.
I also think the premium LOOKS far better than the pro, and the Magna Slings are a pitch-perfect tie in for theme. So for a visual/thematic experience, the premium is better.
That said, if new code allows outlane saves, I'll have to re-play them both again to see how I feel about them. Outlane saves are desperately needed on this game.

What if you could get a virtual kickback, but instead of always being on the left side, it alternated every 5 seconds left, right, left right. With a small overlapping grace period. Imagine if you had a ball going out the left side, but it's blinking on the right. You could try to keep the ball alive just long enough for it to change over and you'd get it back.

I'd say a virtual ball save for both outlanes, but that's just a little too "helpful".

#5180 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

magna slings adding more randomness to the mix.

The magna slings are definitely a great addition to this game, both for theme tie-in and really hooking non-pinheads with that "wow" factor. But be prepared to let loose a string of four letter words when your great game is ruined by them as well.

#5181 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

What if you could get a virtual kickback, but instead of always being on the left side, it alternated every 5 seconds left, right, left right. With a small overlapping grace period. Imagine if you had a ball going out the left side, but it's blinking on the right. You could try to keep the ball alive just long enough for it to change over and you'd get it back.
I'd say a virtual ball save for both outlanes, but that's just a little too "helpful".

I think there's a lot of cool ways you could 'earn' saves.

- Random pops reward
- Tobins spirit guide reward
- add-on reward to 'esp ability' progress (gives a reason to choose it)
- #of ghosts reward level
- Hitting the 3rd trigger going up the short ramp
- high number of spinner hits before stopping.
- etc...

even if it seems like outlane saves would be too helpful, in general GB games are very short for non pinheads, and you could always turn outlane saves off four tournament play.

#5182 5 years ago

Back in after selling my pro 2 years ago, so I gotta catch up on all the new features added since then. I knew I'd be back, but never guessed it'd be with an LE. I saw someone released a remixed sounds version for the Pro, but has anyone done something like that for Premium/LE's?

#5183 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I think there's a lot of cool ways you could 'earn' saves.
- Random pops reward
- Tobins spirit guide reward
- add-on reward to 'esp ability' progress (gives a reason to choose it)
- #of ghosts reward level
- Hitting the 3rd trigger going up the short ramp
- high number of spinner hits before stopping.
- etc...
even if it seems like outlane saves would be too helpful, in general GB games are very short for non pinheads, and you could always turn outlane saves off four tournament play.

Another way might be with the gear side targets on the left. Gives a better reason to hit and collect all of them

#5185 5 years ago

Great the the community is creating their own custom code! But me personally would NEVER install a custom ROM on a machine this expensive. There's a certain risk in "bricking" the hardware. Even a small error in code could potentially 'harm' the machine. Custom code is much different then swapping out audio files in existing code my opinion.

#5186 5 years ago

Regarding outlane saves and ways to earn saves, I'd like to see it done something like this. First, you must make certain shots to light the red inserts in the outlanes. Let's call those inserts "proton packs". Then, if you're not in multi ball and you drain via an outlane where the proton pack is enabled, a ball is autolaunched and a timed mode starts. In this special mode, you have a few seconds to make tough shots to save your ball, otherwise the flippers go dead and the ball drains. In this mode, the theme, dots, and sound would depict Ghostbusters trying to catch a ghost using their proton packs. It could be the most fun mode in the entire game (like Toto in WOZ). Just a simple matter of writing the code

#5187 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I agree, had a pro a sold it. At the time I never played a pre/or LE so the pro was fantastic. I ended selling the pro. Then I picked up a LE and on the pin the Pre/ Le has lots to offer.

#5188 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Great the the community is creating their own custom code! But me personally would NEVER install a custom ROM on a machine this expensive. There's a certain risk in "bricking" the hardware. Even a small error in code could potentially 'harm' the machine.

Pretty sure only music was changed, not code.

#5189 5 years ago

glad to hear the code will be eventually out this year

#5190 5 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

glad to hear the code will be eventually out this year

Don’t get your hopes up.
Neither Stern or Color-DMD will come out befor 2019... Sadly...

#5191 5 years ago
Quoted from Koos:

Great the the community is creating their own custom code! But me personally would NEVER install a custom ROM on a machine this expensive. There's a certain risk in "bricking" the hardware. Even a small error in code could potentially 'harm' the machine. Custom code is much different then swapping out audio files in existing code my opinion.

Just some of the music changed. The code is untouched. Still, if you’re concerned about harming your game, no need to mess with anything. Just play and enjoy.

#5192 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I played the pro a lot and liked the game but had a few complaints with the pro so I bought a premium without playing it. I did not like the mag slings. Slimer was an absolute chore to hit and the Ecto goggles are really just eye candy. It's played very clunky while the pro played very smooth. Play both of them first before you decide. I might get a pro down the road. But after playing premium and LEs on location, it reminds me why I got rid of the premium. Again, play both of them first. You will never look back and wonder which one you should have purchased.

#5193 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Regarding outlane saves and ways to earn saves, I'd like to see it done something like this. First, you must make certain shots to light the red inserts in the outlanes. Let's call those inserts "proton packs". Then, if you're not in multi ball and you drain via an outlane where the proton pack is enabled, a ball is autolaunched and a timed mode starts. In this special mode, you have a few seconds to make tough shots to save your ball, otherwise the flippers go dead and the ball drains. In this mode, the theme, dots, and sound would depict Ghostbusters trying to catch a ghost using their proton packs. It could be the most fun mode in the entire game (like Toto in WOZ). Just a simple matter of writing the code

I think that sounds fantastic for pinheads, but confusing and frustrating for noobs. My williams Space station has the 'bonus ball' that allows you up to 45 seconds unlimited play after the game. Most people either walk away from the machine unaware it even exists, or if they do play the bonus ball they are like:

"What? is this my ball? I thought the game was over. Oh, an extra ball? not really? whats that timer for? oh I drained. wait. the ball is back. is this your ball? no, its mine? What? what is happening? why did the flippers die? what? this is stupid." then they desperately reach for the flipper buttons when the locked balls are released for the next game. Pinball is confusing enough for noobs.

But if they did implement your idea I think going into 'slimer' mode and have to hit him, then the main ramp/containment facility would be a good thematic 'save' shot to make. You'd probably have to do something special with the lighting too to reduce confusion. and play "he slimed me" if you fail to make the shots as the ball drains.

#5194 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I think that sounds fantastic for pinheads, but confusing and frustrating for noobs. My williams Space station has the 'bonus ball' that allows you up to 45 seconds unlimited play after the game. Most people either walk away from the machine unaware it even exists, or if they do play the bonus ball they are like:
"What? is this my ball? I thought the game was over. Oh, an extra ball? not really? whats that timer for? oh I drained. wait. the ball is back. is this your ball? no, its mine? What? what is happening? why did the flippers die? what? this is stupid." then they desperately reach for the flipper buttons when the locked balls are released for the next game. Pinball is confusing enough for noobs.
But if they did implement your idea I think going into 'slimer' mode and have to hit him, then the main ramp/containment facility would be a good thematic 'save' shot to make. You'd probably have to do something special with the lighting too to reduce confusion. and play "he slimed me" if you fail to make the shots as the ball drains.

Valid point. Could be incredibly fun, but like anything else it needs to be well-designed, with clear contextual cues, otherwise it could certainly confuse noobs.

#5195 5 years ago

Just put all the powder coated parts back on and I couldn’t be happier with the end result.

B53EA72B-5CB2-4A3E-A2E6-BC1A54EA53CB (resized).jpegB53EA72B-5CB2-4A3E-A2E6-BC1A54EA53CB (resized).jpegF10FA08A-2593-4B32-8FFB-37967CB13FE7 (resized).jpegF10FA08A-2593-4B32-8FFB-37967CB13FE7 (resized).jpegFF2A3154-2F18-49A1-AC0C-B123DB446B3A (resized).jpegFF2A3154-2F18-49A1-AC0C-B123DB446B3A (resized).jpeg
#5196 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Just put all the powder coated parts back on and I couldn’t be happier with the end result.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I must admit I was skeptical when I saw the coin door. But it really ties everything together! Nice job!

#5197 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I honestly wasn't sure that white would look good but that looks great!

#5198 5 years ago

NEW Interactive Ghost Busters Game Guide: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=878

-- Interactive Shot Map
-- Optimized for Cell Phones

Please check it out

pbz_GB (resized).pngpbz_GB (resized).png
#5199 5 years ago

Ive had an le now own a premium and have played a lot of games on pros. I'm typically an advocate for getting a pro but for this title it's worth the extra

The whole pros shoot better thing I think comes down to the fact that some player experiences with premiums are with games that weren't dialed in. This is a title like avengers that you need to get right before enjoying it.

#5200 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words it really grabs your attention with the white. All my games have some level of color pop. I can’t stand the blagh metal unfinished look on many titles.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 26.50
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Plastics
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/104?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.