IMG_3259 (resized).jpeg
Fire House Batch (resized).png
IMG_1642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0114 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6967 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6966 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 250.
#5101 5 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

So just for the record, I have the misspelling of 'negative reinforcment' with a build date of 06/2018 - I am not worried about the typo, but will definitely be keeping an eye on the inserts for potential ghosting.

If its going to ghost it will probably do it quickly but im sure it will be fine. If it isnt Stern will send you a new populated playfield. Enjoy your new game and dont worry about things that you cant control. Congrats!!

#5102 5 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

I have the misspelling of 'negative reinforcment' with a build date of 06/2018

Is it a Pro? I don’t think they fixed the issue on Pro games. I haven’t seen a pro with correct spelling.

#5103 5 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Is it a Pro? I don’t think they fixed the issue on Pro games. I haven’t seen a pro with correct spelling.

I haven't heard of any ghosting in a long time though.

#5104 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I haven't heard of any ghosting in a long time though.

That's what i want to hear. I will be getting a Ghostbusters pro later in the year!

#5105 5 years ago

I agree that making Slimer a Multi-ball would be a great idea. That would be easily accomplished such as the Sparky Multi-ball in MET. I would also like for them to find a way to use the Drop Targets more effectively. As of right now, they are just annoying and some disable them all together.

#5106 5 years ago

a little multiball (2 balls) when you bash the two Scolary brother in less than 5s , i think it's good

#5107 5 years ago

where does this go????

I had the hood (playfield) up today and then did a test game and the ball got stuck just after the launch lane up near marsh mellow man and the ball was stuck on a post laying in the orbit.

I have had a look around and can't work out where it is from - as not sure if it fell from a different location and rested in the orbit after the playfield was vertical

anyone know where this might be from - it is a grey hard plastic post with a screw going through the centre at with the grey post 32mm / 1 1/4" long

any help would be much appreciated.

cheers

IMG_4335 (resized).JPGIMG_4335 (resized).JPG
#5108 5 years ago

here is a small little mod for the pro games - a strengthener bracket for the mounting point at the end of the ramp near the right side sling shot. It supports on the top and underneath the ramp plastic.

CFTBL has a similar mounting point and often in time this mounting point is susceptible to cracking / breaking.

If interested check out the most recent item on the link below.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

standard ramp mounting point
IMG_4314 (resized).JPGIMG_4314 (resized).JPG

strengthened up mounting point using the bracket available in various colours
IMG_4315 (resized).JPGIMG_4315 (resized).JPG

#5109 5 years ago

This is a hotwheels mount bracket for the Ghostbusters pinball shooter lane utilising the spirit level mount holes (in which I also have a cliffy protector fitted so suits that as well) avoiding any new holes being made in your game, to mount a "regular" or "cartoon" style Hotwheel Ghostbusters diecast 1:64 scale car to give that affect that when you shoot a ball the Ghostbusters Team are off to catch ghosts. I went for a cartoon style Ecto purely because the game has cartoon style art.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?q=swinksgb&sort=newest

To fasten the car to the bracket, either:

- drill out the rivet underneath and then install a new screw from underneath the bracket and into the car which there are 2 holes for install options
OR
- drill a new hole through the car further down the centre and either screw fasten or pop rivet the car on to the bracket - use a few packing washers to stop any distortion of the bracket between the car and the bracket.

If you want to take it a step further,
- you could install a small 3-5mm led inside the vehicle's cabin and connect up to GI for a cool glow inside the vehicle
OR
- add a few 3mm flashing blue leds into the beacons to pulse when the ball is in the shooter lane.

For leds you will need to drill a hole in the underside of the car for wires to pass through but there will be 3 extra holes in the bracket for the wires to pass through. AND there is even a cable tie anchor lug on the underside of the bracket to secure wires to one side and keep everything tidy and concealed without interferring with the ball. Then pass the wires under the apron side and be hidden away from the players view.

Simply select the material of your choice to get the look that appeals to you. On the one in the pictures I went for purple as it is similar to the playfield art style.

This bracket could even be used for the shooter lane with a Batmobile for Batman 66. Let me know if you want any other colours opened for more choice.

For the car apart from a hobby shop or your local toyshop you can find them at ebay.
Ecto
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=ecto+diecast+1%3A64&_sacat=0&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=15

Batmobile
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=batmobile+tv+series+diecast+1%3A64&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_PrefLoc=2&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_odkw=batmobile+diecast+1%3A64&LH_TitleDesc=0

Side View
ecto-e (resized).jpgecto-e (resized).jpg

Standard Shooter Lane
ecto-a (resized).jpgecto-a (resized).jpg

Shooter Lane with new bracket
ecto-b (resized).jpgecto-b (resized).jpg

Car fitted to new bracket
ecto-c (resized).jpgecto-c (resized).jpg

Slightly different angle with car fitted
ecto-d (resized).jpgecto-d (resized).jpg

Note: the ramp strengthening bracket in some of the shots.

cheers

#5110 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

where does this go????
I had the hood (playfield) up today and then did a test game and the ball got stuck just after the launch lane up near marsh mellow man and the ball was stuck on a post laying in the orbit.
I have had a look around and can't work out where it is from - as not sure if it fell from a different location and rested in the orbit after the playfield was vertical
anyone know where this might be from - it is a grey hard plastic post with a screw going through the centre at with the grey post 32mm / 1 1/4" long
any help would be much appreciated.
cheers

I had the same thing. Check Post #4772

#5111 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I had the same thing. Check Post #4772

I thought I saw it it somewhere, just didn't go far enough back - looks like a PITA to put back there as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/96

1 week later
#5112 5 years ago

I just put some lighted ECTO-1 mods up in my store if anyone is interested. I'm still selling them for the original price of $35 (including shipping). These can be hooked to most the lighting in the game I suggest the spinner by the fire station as pictured.

LINK to the ECTO-1 MOD in my store: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1158-3d-mods/01820-ghostbusters-ecto-1-led-mod

Let me know if you have any questions.

Ecto 1 (resized).JPGEcto 1 (resized).JPGEcto 4 (resized).JPGEcto 4 (resized).JPGEcto 5 (resized).JPGEcto 5 (resized).JPGIMG_6220 (resized).JPGIMG_6220 (resized).JPG
#5113 5 years ago

What kind of tape are people using to keep the ball from going right over into the outlane my only complaint on the game

#5114 5 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

What kind of tape are people using to keep the ball from going right over into the outlane my only complaint on the game

tape? There are protectors made of plastic.

#5115 5 years ago

How do u move the outlane post in more

#5116 5 years ago

I have the protectors on mine but somewhere on here I read people are doing things to keep the ball from just rolling over and draining someone mentioned putting 1/8 inch of tape

#5117 5 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I have the protectors on mine but somewhere on here I read people are doing things to keep the ball from just rolling over and draining someone mentioned putting 1/8 inch of tape

I removed the wireforms and reinstalled them with fat spacers (as shown in this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/100#post-4441830). In this game, making the outlane entrance just wide enough for a ball to pass through without interference (and no wider) makes it feel normal to me (you still get outlane drains, but not ridiculous).

#5118 5 years ago

Where did u get the spacers from

#5119 5 years ago

I used these and no removal of the wireform required. Makes a huge difference.

2018-07-27 09_42_41-SAVE POST FOR GHOSTBUSTERS by YOYOKOPTER _ Pinside Market (resized).jpg2018-07-27 09_42_41-SAVE POST FOR GHOSTBUSTERS by YOYOKOPTER _ Pinside Market (resized).jpg
#5120 5 years ago

What are those

#5123 5 years ago

These work well for me - I went with the clear and they look pretty sharp https://modfatherpinball.com/products/ghostbusters-pinball-slimer-lane-guards

#5124 5 years ago

I have the premium, can anybody fill me in on the differences between the factory settings, home play, & directors cut installs?

#5125 5 years ago

I used rubber post sleeves on the outlane wireform. Cut a slit down the side and a circle to form over the 90 degree bend. Works great

#5126 5 years ago

Is there something missing on this metal post ?

AD56AF5D-F69E-45B0-A057-902BC467DBDF (resized).jpegAD56AF5D-F69E-45B0-A057-902BC467DBDF (resized).jpeg
#5127 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Is there something missing on this metal post ?[quoted image]

Nope.

IMG_20180801_002131722 (resized).jpgIMG_20180801_002131722 (resized).jpg
#5128 5 years ago

I even removed that completely....never had a ball up there. I removed all hooks and things from the playfield, don't like them. That ramp is real orange!

#5129 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Thanks for the feedback. If it's an issue at the location I play regularly that just got their GB, I'll see if I can get the keys from them to turn down the flipper power. They won't let me mess with the mechanical stuff, but I can suggest it to their tech if the flipper thing doesn't work.

I love my GB pro at home, but It's a game I would never play on location. There's a LOT of tweeking you need to do to this machine for it to be playable and fun. you need a bunch of airball protectors. Shorter springs on scoleri bros, Outlanes need to be narrowed, the library kicker needs to be adjusted once in a while to not shoot right down the middle. I found I needed to adjust my spinner lane opening, because it came from the factory very narrow. Also remove the gate in the library captive ball area....

any time I play this game on location it has been a terrible experience. you need to just buy one and make the required adjustments. ;-P

#5130 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

...Also remove the gate in the library captive ball area....;P

Remove the gate in the library captive ball area? Doesn’t that result in a lot of bounce backs? I simply bent mine a little.

#5131 5 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

I love my GB pro at home, but It's a game I would never play on location. There's a LOT of tweeking you need to do to this machine for it to be playable and fun. you need a bunch of airball protectors. Shorter springs on scoleri bros, Outlanes need to be narrowed, the library kicker needs to be adjusted once in a while to not shoot right down the middle. I found I needed to adjust my spinner lane opening, because it came from the factory very narrow. Also remove the gate in the library captive ball area....
any time I play this game on location it has been a terrible experience. you need to just buy one and make the required adjustments. ;-P

If you use the Shapeways angled brackets you don't need airball protectors at the targets at all.

#5132 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you use the Shapeways angled brackets you don't need airball protectors at the targets at all.

I have found if you raise the rubber on the flippers very near the top - say within 1-2 millimeters this significantly cuts down air balls on all games!

#5133 5 years ago

I installed the shapeways targets last week and still get some crazy fliers, maybe not as frequently but I think I’m putting the protected back on.

This is also with the coil strength dialed back.

#5134 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I have found if you raise the rubber on the flippers very near the top - say within 1-2 millimeters this significantly cuts down air balls on all games!

Really? I don't see how that can help for Ghostbusters since the problem is the stock targets essentially act like a catapult, angling the ball up and off the playfield if they're hit hard.

#5135 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I installed the shapeways targets last week and still get some crazy fliers, maybe not as frequently but I think I’m putting the protected back on.
This is also with the coil strength dialed back.

The main problem we have with the machine once the shapeways brackets are installed is you get a wild ball sometimes that leaves the ramp and goes behind Gozer. But it doesn't happen enough to make me want to put an ugly protector back on. The revised brackets are enough.

#5136 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The main problem we have with the machine once the shapeways brackets are installed is you get a wild ball sometimes that leaves the ramp and goes behind Gozer. But it doesn't happen enough to make me want to put an ugly protector back on. The revised brackets are enough.

Yep - the Gozer flier I’ve seen but the other day I had one rocket straight back at me hit the glass and landed behind the flippers.
Craziest airball I’ve seen on any machine ever!
I agree the protectors aren’t great looking but I can’t stand the fliers, bad for play and not good for the machine.

#5137 5 years ago

i like the protectors. gives game some character. I have the etched one on my pro and i put etched one from premium on the "ecto " lane cause i like the look.

#5138 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yep - the Gozer flier I’ve seen but the other day I had one rocket straight back at me hit the glass and landed behind the flippers.
Craziest airball I’ve seen on any machine ever!
I agree the protectors aren’t great looking but I can’t stand the fliers, bad for play and not good for the machine.

Agree.

Cheap protection.

#5139 5 years ago

GB Premium available in Michigan

#5140 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Remove the gate in the library captive ball area? Doesn’t that result in a lot of bounce backs? I simply bent mine a little.

I've never had a ball bounce back. I'm not even sure how that could happen? but I was getting balls stuck by the gate a lot.

#5141 5 years ago

Dropped off all my parts today at the powder coating shop to get a fresh glossy white after sandblasting the texture off. I can’t stand the Blah Black stern stock metals. The coin door went to a different shop, the plastics are a special paint to match setup.

19515725-0624-45FB-A14B-49F3D115F2B1 (resized).jpeg19515725-0624-45FB-A14B-49F3D115F2B1 (resized).jpeg
#5142 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Dropped off all my parts today at the powder coating shop to get a fresh glossy white after sandblasting the texture off. I can’t stand the Blah Black stern stock metals. The coin door went to a different shop, the plastics are a special paint to match setup.[quoted image]

look forward to seeing what you will do.

#5143 5 years ago

Has anyone tried to tone down the blinding effect you get when achieving extra ball or super jackpots. The crazy light show makes it near impossible to keep the ball in play if all the lights in the room are off.

I've started putting Gels in place to try improving things. I put a green gel on the captive balls clear light hood. And purple on the back ghost trap plastic where there are two clear hoods. It has settled down the effect slightly.

#5144 5 years ago

GB Prem available in Michigan

#5145 5 years ago

Got the coin door back, waiting on the trim and legs. I took off the black t molding from the back of the back box to add white as well.
BBB738AB-779F-4257-B5DB-4BA4B0B69869 (resized).jpegBBB738AB-779F-4257-B5DB-4BA4B0B69869 (resized).jpeg

#5146 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Has anyone tried to tone down the blinding effect you get when achieving extra ball or super jackpots. The crazy light show makes it near impossible to keep the ball in play if all the lights in the room are off.
I've started putting Gels in place to try improving things. I put a green gel on the captive balls clear light hood. And purple on the back ghost trap plastic where there are two clear hoods. It has settled down the effect slightly.

I put some black foil under the slingsshot inserts and at the flasher near the left hole. Works perfect no blinding

#5147 5 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

I put some black foil under the slingsshot inserts and at the flasher near the left hole. Works perfect no blinding

Black foil??

#5148 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Some people use green electrical tape.

#5149 5 years ago

Had my best game on GB Prem this weekend. Finished both WBTD and WGO ladders as well as Spooked Librarian. Started Back Off Man and was thinking "this is it...I'm going to finish this!". Didn't happen. Drained before BOM finished.

Didn't even come close to my best score, as I didn't have that 6x ball (or two).

#5150 5 years ago
Quoted from ctozzi:

Got the coin door back, waiting on the trim and legs. I took off the black t molding from the back of the back box to add white as well.
[quoted image]

That coin door looks hot. Minor detail, I think I'd prefer the coin return flaps stayed black. but lookin good anyway.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 103.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 12,486 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/103?hl=junglist and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.