IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg
BD2CE732-C3B2-41F6-B10D-9C1350BB4027_1_105_c (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 249.
#5051 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thank you everyone. My eye doesn't even catch those things.
If there is small ghosting at the super jackpot insert and add-a-ball parts, any chance this will get worse over time? Should I ask him how many plays are on it? What I don't want to do is the buy the thing, have it worsen over time, and I end up stuck with something I'm not going to be able to sell without taking a huge hit down the road if I decide to sell for something else.
I don't expect for it to appreciate or even necessarily break even but I don't want the value to go in half .

What exactly is ghosting please?

#5052 5 years ago

Find this on the web :

the white discoloration on the insert is ghosting !

qwcmBDuNSqNMYNt-800x450-noPad (resized).jpgqwcmBDuNSqNMYNt-800x450-noPad (resized).jpg
#5053 5 years ago
Quoted from Kraiklyn:

What exactly is ghosting please?

basically the clearcost delaminating from the inserts and giving a ghosting cloudy look - happened on the GB games in the early 2016 games and seemed like alot of the LE's but alot of the guys got replacement playfields

#5054 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

basically the clearcost delaminating from the inserts and giving a ghosting cloudy look - happened on the GB games in the early 2016 games and seemed like alot of the LE's but alot of the guys got replacement playfields

Thanks guys!

#5055 5 years ago

today I am happy : I made my best score since the 2 weeks that I have my Ghostbusters !
Sure it is far from the best scores seen on Pinside, but I'm very proud (I'm a beginner) ;+)
IMG_0616 (resized).jpgIMG_0616 (resized).jpg

It was a great party, with :

- 3 missions completed
- 3 Super Jackpots
- 1 Storage Facility Multiball
- 2 Extra Balls

#5056 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

but I'm very proud (I'm a beginner) ;+)

I really like this game, and it will make you a better player. The gap...the need for accuracy...the rules forcing you to plan your shots...all will lead to higher scores on this and other games.

#5057 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

today I am happy : I made my best score since the 2 weeks that I have my Ghostbusters !
Sure it is far from the best scores seen on Pinside, but I'm very proud (I'm a beginner) ;+)

- 3 missions completed
- 3 Super Jackpots
- 2 Extra Balls

You'll soon see bonuses bigger than that if you keep practicing. GB has the possibility to build CRAZY bonuses.

#5058 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

- 3 missions completed
- 3 Super Jackpots
- 2 Extra Balls

Doesn't matter if you have the best score on pinside. All that matters is that you are having fun! GB is a great game, congrats!!!

#5059 5 years ago

Yes thanks to all, i take a lot of fun with this Ghostbusters !
And i like the challenge, so it's the perfect flipper for me ;+)

#5060 5 years ago
Quoted from chucksmith:

Can someone who has the shaker motor cap-cable bulletin kit tell me what size cap is used (look for ##uf and ##V)
Thanks for your help.
As a side note. I think this might be the same part used in the earlier kit for node board power input.

On mine, it's the same :

- Under Playfield : 220 uf 80 V
- Shaker Motor : 220 uf 80 V

The picture with the glove, is the one for the shaker motor.

IMG_0617 (resized).jpgIMG_0617 (resized).jpgIMG_0618 (resized).jpgIMG_0618 (resized).jpg
#5061 5 years ago

Anyone have any guesses about the new code? Dates? Thoughts on whether its just gonna be a polish or if it's gonna change the game? Such a great pin would love to see the code get flushed out as it deserves!

#5062 5 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

Anyone have any guesses about the new code? Dates? Thoughts on whether its just gonna be a polish or if it's gonna change the game? Such a great pin would love to see the code get flushed out as it deserves!

No idea, but Trudeau is in court next month again.

#5063 5 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

The latest Stern of the Union address says this: "With the added resources to our software department, we continue to address updates, enhancements, and bug fixes while adding various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters..."

"Continue to address" makes me think of this classic scene...

#5064 5 years ago

In the last Stern of the Union address they said. Aerosmith first. So Ghostbusters could be followed after or Kiss.

#5065 5 years ago

I think Ghostbusters late summer.

Aerosmith and Kiss are from a different software team then Ghostbusters.

#5066 5 years ago
Quoted from Oldschool84:

Just fried my cabinet node board (520-6967-00) after installing a Pinball Life shaker motor (For Spike). I've heard the same thing happening with Stern "approved" shakers as well. I ordered a new board last night (520-6967-72 [This revised/updated board replaces the 520-6967-00])... Wondering what the differences are?

Yup, this happened to me too and Stern sent me a replacement newer node board on my Pro. Regarding the playfields, I have an Oct. 2016 build with the misspelling and no ghosting issues and a solid cabinet.

#5067 5 years ago

Just replaced my Mezel Mods Library in the Pro today with the actual Premium Library. Really enjoying that upgrade, looks awesome.

MVIMG_20180629_213554 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20180629_213554 (resized).jpg
#5068 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Just replaced my Mezel Mods Library in the Pro today with the actual Premium Library. Really enjoying that upgrade, looks awesome.

Nice. I've got one too but haven't put it on yet. How did you mount it?

#5069 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

I have the Mezel Mod one too only because I cant find one of these. Where did you find this one?

#5070 5 years ago

I have my first NIB narrowed down to a GB Premium or BM66. Such a tough call. I don't think think I can go wrong with either one.

#5071 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I have my first NIB narrowed down to a GB Premium or BM66. Such a tough call. I don't think think I can go wrong with either one.

I have both and yes both great games, but I'd head more towards B66 than GB.

#5072 5 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I have the Mezel Mod one too only because I cant find one of these. Where did you find this one?

Marco had them but they’re sold out. You can order through your distributor, though.

#5073 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Marco had them but they’re sold out. You can order through your distributor, though.

Any special requirements to mount it or just replace the flat library and use the existing screws/Mount?

#5074 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No idea, but Trudeau is in court next month again.

He is being tried for ruining GB with the wide flipper gap?

#5075 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Any special requirements to mount it or just replace the flat library and use the existing screws/Mount?

I didn’t alter the existing plastics. I’m pretty sure I had to drill two small holes in the library to fit the L brackets. Nothing major.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5076 5 years ago

Pls ! Pls ! Dwight! Finish the darn code. It’s good now but when I think of where sw is holy cow! ! It’s got so much going on. If gb was like that. It would be one of the best sterns!

#5077 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

That looks great! I'll have to see if i can find one somewhere.

#5078 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Pls ! Pls ! Dwight! Finish the darn code. It’s good now but when I think of where sw is holy cow! ! It’s got so much going on. If gb was like that. It would be one of the best sterns!

Amen brother! Hey Stern, Star Wars, Guardians, BM66, Aerosmith... they're lookin' good. Please, it's time to give GB some love!

#5079 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Amen brother! Hey Stern, Star Wars, Guardians, BM66, Aerosmith... they're lookin' good. Please, it's time to give GB some love!

At Pintastic today, GG mentioned bm66, aerosmith, iron maiden, didn't mention GB by name but did say and "others". I assume he wasn't referring to wof so hope it's GB in the mix.

He gave a good talk, I think he was genuine in wanting to make things right when things go wrong. If I had to wager, I'd bet GB gets and update before end of summer.

#5080 5 years ago

I love this game, it's the best pinball purchase I have ever made.
Really looking forward to another code update.

#5081 5 years ago

Exactly, just replaced the old library and reused the same screws. Had to drill 2 small holes into the back to fit the screws.
The original mount at the premium is with 3 screws at the bottom directly onto the plastic but that doesnt fit at the Pro.

You can order through your distributor, paid 70 Euro for it.

#5082 5 years ago

Seems like all the LEs for sale dried up, been looking for a while to no avail.

#5083 5 years ago
Quoted from Ns2973:

Seems like all the LEs for sale dried up, been looking for a while to no avail.

I have an le I’d consider selling. Huo, all fixes done, shaker, speaker lights, mirrors, few other mods. Anything you might want to trade? I’m about 2:20 from Albany.

#5084 5 years ago

The library has been out of stock at mirco for a long time, any other sources?

#5085 5 years ago

I have considered modelling the library but with a ghost movement lighting effect

#5086 5 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

The library has been out of stock at mirco for a long time, any other sources?

Contact your distributor. Part #545-9836-01.

They are not rare or limited. Stern had a ton.

#5087 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Contact your distributor. Part #545-9836-01.
They are not rare or limited. Stern had a ton.

Thanks for the part number!

#5088 5 years ago

If you want you can have this mods , contact by PM

library in (resized).jpglibrary in (resized).jpg
#5089 5 years ago

Few left ramp airball and right orbit protectors left!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sale-ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protectors

A0812D6F-1729-49AB-B9DC-BB24F792AA9E (resized).pngA0812D6F-1729-49AB-B9DC-BB24F792AA9E (resized).pngEB1D4DF4-0282-4827-8E96-D968EF5B74CC (resized).pngEB1D4DF4-0282-4827-8E96-D968EF5B74CC (resized).pngFE8CFEBF-9E40-4584-9D66-CCD8BFFC0B3A (resized).pngFE8CFEBF-9E40-4584-9D66-CCD8BFFC0B3A (resized).png
#5090 5 years ago

Just joined the club! Dialed in and mean - just how I like it!

IMG_1787 (resized).JPGIMG_1787 (resized).JPG
#5091 5 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

I like that topper.. Where is it from?

#5092 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I like that topper.. Where is it from?

It's a Laseriffic one from Coin Taker

https://cointaker.com/products/ghostbusters-pinball-topper-by-laseriffic

#5093 5 years ago
Quoted from ScreaminSauce:

Welcome.

#5094 5 years ago

According to July Stern of the Union Ghostbusters is officially on the list for an update...man I hope it's a huge one.

"Aerosmith updates are deep in development and still slated for a mid-Summer release. KISS will follow Aerosmith’s updates, followed by Ghostbusters"

#5095 5 years ago

Yeah that topper impressed my wife when we first turned it on. The scare feature... not so much

According to July Stern of the Union Ghostbusters is officially on the list for an update...man I hope it's a huge one.
"Aerosmith updates are deep in development and still slated for a mid-Summer release. KISS will follow Aerosmith’s updates, followed by Ghostbusters"

You and me (and the rest of the GB community) are all rooting for it!

#5096 5 years ago

All bugs fixed, the ability to make modes random, better utilization of holograms, scoring more balanced ..... one can dream.

#5097 5 years ago

two ball slimer multiball!

#5098 5 years ago

More scare features.

#5099 5 years ago

So just for the record, I have the misspelling of 'negative reinforcment' with a build date of 06/2018 - I am not worried about the typo, but will definitely be keeping an eye on the inserts for potential ghosting.

#5100 5 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

two ball slimer multiball!

I think if they did this and then something to make lighting a mode a little safer, the game would be much more liked. Now, if you miss a skill shot or time out a mode you are in big trouble.

I think if you had to hit the GHOST target once to turn on the 4 main shots (left orbit, left ramp, right orbit, right ramp) and then hit 3 of the 4 to light the modes that would be a nice balance.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
10,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Auburn, MA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,413 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/102?hl=mrsmiley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.