IMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1695 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1699 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1697 (resized).png
IMG_1698 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5065 (resized).jpg
20231210_122734 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 249.
#4951 5 years ago

The whole family is loving our new Ghostbusters Premium. It’s quickly moving up the favorite game list. The Scare feature is hilarious and the kids love luring new victims to the game and waiting aroundo for them to jump. Anyone know if it’s just the one ghost or are there some other Scare features in the code??

#4952 5 years ago

Ghostbusters left ramp airball protector and right orbit protector.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-airball-air-ball-right-orbit-protector-1
194D5174-599C-4A0F-99CD-263D38C3CB77 (resized).jpeg194D5174-599C-4A0F-99CD-263D38C3CB77 (resized).jpeg513BD866-7FCD-4BE0-AD31-D569C729E6F0 (resized).png513BD866-7FCD-4BE0-AD31-D569C729E6F0 (resized).png551A1319-F4B4-4F36-8E27-39C0245B462C (resized).png551A1319-F4B4-4F36-8E27-39C0245B462C (resized).png93F30682-1235-4E73-8988-1AB346FEEC28 (resized).png93F30682-1235-4E73-8988-1AB346FEEC28 (resized).png

#4953 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

The whole family is loving our new Ghostbusters Premium. It’s quickly moving up the favorite game list. The Scare feature is hilarious and the kids love luring new victims to the game and waiting aroundo for them to jump. Anyone know if it’s just the one ghost or are there some other Scare features in the code??

You can try this :

Start a game near 00:00 AM, like 11:58 PM.
Try to keep the ball until it´s midnight, and surprise ;+))

But this is not scaring !

#4954 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Only one scare feature i believe. If you wanna make the game more fun reverse the sling rubbers. It makes the magna slings more active and just makes the game alot more fun in general

#4955 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

You can try this :
Start a game near 00:00 AM, like 11:58 PM.
Try to keep the ball until it´s midnight, and surprise ;+))
But this is not scaring !

Or do what I did. Since I'm not usually up around midnight I changed the time on my pin to be 5hrs ahead so Midnight Madness actually starts at 7:00p!

#4956 5 years ago

Try the sling trick for real Pincrush. They arent over reactive, just more active. Its cool as hell seeing the ball go round and round in circles and doing all kinds of other crazy stuff. Your kids will get a big kick out of it i guarantee it.

#4957 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Try the sling trick for real Pincrush. They arent over reactive, just more active. Its cool as hell seeing the ball go round and round in circles and doing all kinds of other crazy stuff. Your kids will get a big kick out of it i guarantee it.

Are you saying swap right and left rubbers? Not following why that would matter??

#4958 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Are you saying swap right and left rubbers? Not following why that would matter??

On the posts there is the big band and a smaller ring. Trade those two things top to bottom.

#4959 5 years ago

Yep just reverse the sling rubber and the little O ring or post rubber like desertT1 said. It should look like this when you are done. This is Golfing dads pic by the way.....so you can thank him.
F8DEDC01-0BA9-4D0E-BFEA-A86867468AD0 (resized).jpegF8DEDC01-0BA9-4D0E-BFEA-A86867468AD0 (resized).jpeg

#4960 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yep just reverse the sling rubber and the little O ring or post rubber like desertT1 said. It should look like this when you are done. This is Golfing dads pic by the way.....so you can thank him.

do you need to adjust the leaf switch or keep as is?

#4961 5 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

do you need to adjust the leaf switch or keep as is?

I didnt have to adjust mine any. You could try it and always switch them back if you didnt like it. I like my game way better now.

#4962 5 years ago

Got it. Thanks for the detail, guys. I'll swap them when I put plastic protectors in.

#4963 5 years ago

Do you have a link to a Youtube Video to check the result ?
Thanks.

#4964 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

Thanks.

Result of switching the sling rubbers you mean?

#4965 5 years ago

Picked up a Premium with less than 100 plays on it several weeks ago and installed/performed the typical mods (miror mod, heavy duty auto launch spring, green spring, and cpr9999 airball protectors (left ramp and right rear)) but I'm still having issues with manual and auto launches not being smooth. Think I have narrowed it down but not sure how to fix or if others have fixed it already.

If you notice in this pic (sorry not the best pic) the right orbit ball guide is a tad higher than the launch guide and the ball is hitting that and launching into Stay Puft or not transitioning smoothly into the right orbit. The very end tab of the launch ball guide is slid under the right orbit guide and is right up against the top side so there's no way raise that portion up. Should I grind down the orbit guide a bit? Perhaps use some mylar on the top of the ball guide ramp and drape it over the oribit guide?

screenshot.233 (resized).jpgscreenshot.233 (resized).jpg
#4966 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Result of switching the sling rubbers you mean?

Yes ;+))

#4967 5 years ago

I don't think there's any video out there like that but its super easy to do, takes just a few minutes and if you dont like it just simply put them back the way that they was. It's definitely worth it though i promise.

#4968 5 years ago
Quoted from Bertille:

Thanks.

Lottsa good sling action in this video!

#4969 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

If you notice in this pic (sorry not the best pic) the right orbit ball guide is a tad higher than the launch guide and the ball is hitting that and launching into Stay Puft or not transitioning smoothly into the right orbit. The very end tab of the launch ball guide is slid under the right orbit guide and is right up against the top side so there's no way raise that portion up. Should I grind down the orbit guide a bit? Perhaps use some mylar on the top of the ball guide ramp and drape it over the oribit guide?

I would check the ball guide - is the bottom flush with the playfield- tighten the bolts from underneath and any screws on the top of the playfield holding the ball guide flush with the playfield.

If this is the case - then maybe the ramp is not centered or is the wrong height. You should not have to grind or put Mylar down.

#4970 5 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I would check the ball guide - is the bottom flush with the playfield- tighten the bolts from underneath and any screws on the top of the playfield holding the ball guide flush with the playfield.
If this is the case - then maybe the ramp is not centered or is the wrong height. You should not have to grind or put Mylar down.

Just checked to see if it could be tightened up a bit, and yep right orbit ball guide is 100% tight against the playfield. Good suggestion though

#4971 5 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Joined the club today, love this game.

Congrats! What are your thoughts on Hobbit as an owner if you don't mind me asking? I've got a WC94, GB Pro, and AFMRLE and I'd really like something that has much longer ball times as my 4th pin at some point in the future(WC94 isn't super brutal, but AFMRLE and GB Pro absolutely are). I've only really got room for 5 total in my basement right now so I'm getting very picky at this point. Hobbit is one that I've really considered because I always enjoy playing it a ton at arcades, though I've never gotten to play a home one that was in pristine condition so it always feels kind of janky/floaty when I do play it.

#4972 5 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Great game! I had a chuckle at 13:45 because I saw you hit the captive ball and you'd been making really clean shots for a bit on MH so I knew the flippers weren't currently reversed. You hit the left ramp right after that and I was thinking "oh no I hope he realizes his flippers reversed while his ball is on that left ramp!" Then it came down to the right flipper and the left flipper went up as the ball drained and I heard "AHHH MY FLIPPERS!". Seriously though awesome job with the playfield multipliers, sick score!

#4973 5 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Thanks ;+)

#4974 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Congrats! What are your thoughts on Hobbit as an owner if you don't mind me asking? I've got a WC94, GB Pro, and AFMRLE and I'd really like something that has much longer ball times as my 4th pin at some point in the future(WC94 isn't super brutal, but AFMRLE and GB Pro absolutely are). I've only really got room for 5 total in my basement right now so I'm getting very picky at this point. Hobbit is one that I've really considered because I always enjoy playing it a ton at arcades, though I've never gotten to play a home one that was in pristine condition so it always feels kind of janky/floaty when I do play it.

A game like the hobbit, lotr or tspp are great choices if you want something with longer ball times.

#4975 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Picked up a Premium with less than 100 plays on it several weeks ago and installed/performed the typical mods (miror mod, heavy duty auto launch spring, green spring, and cpr9999 airball protectors (left ramp and right rear)) but I'm still having issues with manual and auto launches not being smooth. Think I have narrowed it down but not sure how to fix or if others have fixed it already.

You are correct -> grind it down!!!
Mylar may help - or maybe not. You have to stop the ball from getting deflected, or it will never launch correctly.

#4976 5 years ago

I have a slight issue with storage facility ramp, it sure if it’s common. Sometimes the ball won’t make it all the way through to the inlanes and will roll back and around at the bottom of the ramp in the storage facility. The game is at 6.9 degrees? Does the game need to be steeper? Figured 6.9 was already fairl steep. The diverter works and I’m only talking about when there is no ball lock active. There are no obstructions, it just seems like a speed issue.

#4977 5 years ago

Loving this game. I've ordered several upgrades: Walking Stay Puft, Purple/Blue armor with exterior UV/purple flashers, PKE Mirror, and translucent rubbers. I also removed the previous owner's purple GI and put it back to white. I'm torn on the center post mod. I don't need it and if I were the only player, I wouldn't even consider getting one. However, wife and kids are really drawn to the game and I want it to be enjoyable for them. The STDM out of the pops and right orbit is causing them a lot of frustration and they might enjoy the game more with the center post. Wife mentioned last night that she feels she'll never reach a multiball in GB. I'm feeling like I need to address it. Dunno.

#4978 5 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Thanks. I'm loving GB, been after one for quite some time so to finally get my hands on one is really cool.

I really enjoy Hobbit, it's a great game. I only have room for four pins at the moment until we move to a bigger house and after years of flipping I have settled on my 4.
I love the modes on Hobbit and as a immersive experience it is amazing. I get that not everyone likes it but the game really clicks with me and goes well with LOTR, Tron and GB Prem. It can be a bit floaty and it is not a fast game but if you raise the pitch of the game that will help.
In a home environment you will enjoy it more than on location, the sound package is superb. Grab one 2nd hand if you are buying one, I got a HUO LE at a great price and couldn't be happier with the purchase.

#4979 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Wife mentioned last night that she feels she'll never reach a multiball in GB. I'm feeling like I need to address it. Dunno.

I just picked up a LOTR and it is definitely more forgiving. I don't mind the challenge of GB but I think it won't get much love next to LOTR so I'm gonna give the family what they want and put some carrot flippers on it, i think it won't be a huge change but just enough to let it go get some love next to a more forgiving pin. Perhaps that is an idea instead of center post?

#4980 5 years ago

In contemplating a GB purchase I am considering carrots and maybe a center post if needed.... is that overdoing it a bit??

#4981 5 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

More
Thanks. I'm loving GB, been after one for quite some time so to finally get my hands on one is really cool.
I really enjoy Hobbit, it's a great game. I only have room for four pins at the moment until we move to a bigger house and after years of flipping I have settled on my 4.
I love the modes on Hobbit and as a immersive experience it is amazing. I get that not everyone likes it but the game really clicks with me and goes well with LOTR, Tron and GB Prem. It can be a bit floaty and it is not a fast game but if you raise the pitch of the game that will help.
In a home environment you will enjoy it more than on location, the sound package is superb. Grab one 2nd hand if you are buying one, I got a HUO LE at a great price and couldn't be happier with the purchase.

Thanks for the feedback, and Lermods too....TSPP is another one on my "potentials" list. I played it to death at my college student center back in the day and always adored it.

#4982 5 years ago
Quoted from Junglist:

I just picked up a LOTR and it is definitely more forgiving. I don't mind the challenge of GB but I think it won't get much love next to LOTR so I'm gonna give the family what they want and put some carrot flippers on it, i think it won't be a huge change but just enough to let it go get some love next to a more forgiving pin. Perhaps that is an idea instead of center post?

I have always hated Center Posts. After having Ghostbusters for about a year now and getting pissed off every time a drain went straight down the middle, I gave in and bought the Center Post kit. I had fiddled with the area below the pops trying to divert the ball, but to no avail. I have had the center post for about 2 weeks now, and have to say that I actually really like it. It seems to save those straight down the middle shots, but not act as a cheater every time the ball drains. Just enough Edge to make this a fun game instead of frustrating. I highly recommend it and it is fully reversible if you decide you don't like it

#4984 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

In contemplating a GB purchase I am considering carrots and maybe a center post if needed.... is that overdoing it a bit??

I bought the center post/lanes kit and plan on installing it soon. All I can say is you do you dude, install anything you want on the machine to make it more enjoyable for you and those that will play it. Everyone is always drawn to my GB but they inevitably get wrecked by it if they aren't "players" so I'm hoping the center post will alleviate that some and lead to some longer ball times for them. My personal thought on this is that these machines weren't designed out of the gate for home use, they were designed to be routed and to make money...so I feel like the default setup on them is tilted more towards that goal than one of having the most fun.
Sorry about the previous post, quoted the wrong person....is there a way to just straight up delete a post on Pinside?

#4985 5 years ago
Quoted from billrz:

Awesome game, but your slings seem to be a whole lot less sensitive than mine. Up until the 4:25 mark, I thought you had somehow disengaged the magna slings. At times you had the crazy movement that mine has, but it was rare compared to the action on my slings. I just about lost it at 15:13 when the ball went back and forth between the slings 6 times without a hint of the magnets moving the ball. This isn't a criticism at all. I just want to know how to get mine to act like that. I haven't "reversed" the slings as has been discussed. Have you?

#4986 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I think so, yes. I bought the lane protector/center post mod before I picked up my GBPrem with the anticipation that it the gap was going to be a big problem. A year later, it still sits on the shelf. To my surprise, after a bit of getting used to the game the gap doesn't bother me that much anymore. I think the two things that helped mitigate it for me was 1) raising the flipper angle to line up with the ball guides and 2) relaxing the tilt sensitivity. The first one helps with catches to keep the ball under better control to start with and the second lets me fight back against this evil machine

I tend to have more drains from the outlanes or the fun random shit that happens on this game (jumping flippers, popping over lane guides, magna sling hijinx, etc.) rather than STDM. The one exception is a straight roll from gozer out of the pops. THAT is a pain. I am planning to experiment with some kind of ball guide to help prevent this. It is the one time I am thankful slimer is out as he does a good job knocking ball off path.

My suggestion is to dial in the game with pitch and the mods I mentioned and play it for a while as stock. If it is a big pain for you then by all means give the carrots and center post a try.

-Rob

#4987 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Loving this game. I've ordered several upgrades: Walking Stay Puft, Purple/Blue armor with exterior UV/purple flashers, PKE Mirror, and translucent rubbers. I also removed the previous owner's purple GI and put it back to white. I'm torn on the center post mod. I don't need it and if I were the only player, I wouldn't even consider getting one. However, wife and kids are really drawn to the game and I want it to be enjoyable for them. The STDM out of the pops and right orbit is causing them a lot of frustration and they might enjoy the game more with the center post. Wife mentioned last night that she feels she'll never reach a multiball in GB. I'm feeling like I need to address it. Dunno.

My .02, tweak the ball save and extra ball settings to be a bit more family friendly. I added the slightly longer flipper bats which helps address the gap (i dont like the center post mod). Wife and kids have been much happier since.

#4988 5 years ago

Quick question for those that know. Just unboxed a GB pro and the build date is October 2016. Pf looks beautiful but will I have issues with ghosting based on this date? I mean it's been sitting for nearly 2 years and no issues, so hoping for the best.

#4989 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Quick question for those that know. Just unboxed a GB pro and the build date is October 2016. Pf looks beautiful but will I have issues with ghosting based on this date? I mean it's been sitting for nearly 2 years and no issues, so hoping for the best.

Theres no guarantee that anyone wont have issues, even with todays games, but yours is suppose to be pretty safe from what i understand. My playfield is Sept. 2016 and it has no issues at all and looks beautiful. I think you will be fine.

#4990 5 years ago
B1CFC4EC-A85E-4D7D-A925-323C9D5E1132 (resized).jpegB1CFC4EC-A85E-4D7D-A925-323C9D5E1132 (resized).jpeg
#4991 5 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I have October 2016 and there is the most tiny bit of ghosting on one insert. Honestly you have to look really hard to find it and it doesn't remotely bother me. Far more visual are the dimples - which you're going to get as soon as you start playing it. However, its a game room toy not a museum piece... IMO people get far too hung up on both of these items.

#4992 5 years ago

I've been reading the posts here and I'm surprised about switching the rubbers on the Magna slings! Mine are very active,and as the play progresses,they really heat up fast!!Now,IMHO,these are in our homes,right?? SO,you wanna have fun,right? SO,unless you are a league player,or a rated PAPA player,think about this_Tilt bob is there to protect your investment in the wild_ your game room isn't the wild-get rid of it! 3 ball play is for money,and better position in your rank-go back to 5 ball play! These changes will have a positive effect on game play! Younger players will have more opportunity to see more of the game! It's your pin,follow like sheep,or go outside the box! Have fun,B safe

#4993 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I would only do one or the other. It's a known mistake that the gap is as wide as it is, so you're just fixing a known mistake IMO.

#4994 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

For home use, I like to make small, incremental changes until the game feels right. I ended up with ribbed flippers (slight reduction in SDTM drains) and a DIY outlane mod pictured below (slight reduction in outlane drains). I'm not a fan of center posts (I think it's a personal preference, but I found the center post to be mostly an annoyance in T2 and WOZ).

Image1.jpgImage1.jpg
#4995 5 years ago

Any speculation on what the unused outlane inserts were intended for and how they'll tie into gameplay in the future? ? They are round, red inserts in my game, with no writing or graphic on them. I have a theory that they were intended to be part of the so-called "proton stream" feature that never made it into the game. I'm hoping a the long-awaited code update does something with them.

#4996 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Any speculation on what the unused outlane inserts were intended for and how they'll tie into gameplay in the future? ? They are round, red inserts in my game, with no writing or graphic on them. I have a theory that they were intended to be part of the so-called "proton stream" feature that never made it into the game. I'm hoping a the long-awaited code update does something with them.

I have been wondering the same and hope they are used in the code update for the reverse flippers and stay permanently lit when the flippers are reversed.

#4997 5 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Supposedly for the never-made proton beams. Mounts and insert lights on the corner of each drain.

I wish they had at least shown us what they planned and how it was supposed to work.

#4998 5 years ago

Here's a thought. They could add a proton stream feature that doesn't require any new hardware. Just some code and a couple of new DMD animations. It would work like this: If you drain down the outlane (when the outlane insert is lit), a ball is autolaunched and a timer starts. Now you are in "proton stream mode". You must make certain shots (with a final shot to the saucer) before the timer runs out. If you're successful, there's a visual/audio treat (you caught a ghost with your proton stream). Then the ball is released from the saucer and off you go... you saved your ball!

#4999 5 years ago

I am looking at buying a used HOU GB Premium from a guy a few hours away. The only concern I have is the ghosting and playfield issues Stern has had with these since they brought them out.

I believe this one has a build date in early 2017. Can anyone comment on when Stern supposedly resolved the ghosting and chipping issues with GB? Is anything manufactured in 2017 in the clear?

#5000 5 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am looking at buying a used HOU GB Premium from a guy a few hours away. The only concern I have is the ghosting and playfield issues Stern has had with these since they brought them out.
I believe this one has a build date in early 2017. Can anyone comment on when Stern supposedly resolved the ghosting and chipping issues with GB? Is anything manufactured in 2017 in the clear?

pretty anything after Oct / Nov 2016 is pretty safe

I personally did opt for some cliffy's for the drain and shooter lane as protection

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 49.99
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
There are 12,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 249.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/100?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.