B3256899-6B84-4431-9ECE-BAA4600CDF01_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
572B134B-22B3-431B-8D29-576F2024D4A2_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
IMG_5283 (resized).JPG
IMG_3379 (resized).jpeg
5D7850F1-C7F1-40E5-9D71-B6556B5B407B_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
99FC1046-68C2-42E1-8999-D286B8C8E350_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
GBstud (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 250.
#451 7 years ago

I just got a Superleague submission score of ~820m last night. The previous GC was ~540m, and then 500m from the day it arrived (5/9). I know we will crack a billion soon. I'm wondering if I should put a bounty on that score and what the prize should be.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'm wondering if I should put a bounty on that score and what the prize should be.

Yeah it's harder to do after the update...but only a matter of time!

#453 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it's harder to do after the update...but only a matter of time!

I saw several billion + scores at TPF. That's a combo of two things though. Prior to 1.04, if you got to Mass Hysteria, you could keep collecting ghosts and either restart it while in, or right away after finishing. Also, the Slimer assy was registering tons of faulty hits as the cable placement issue wasn't known yet. These two corrections has made the game a lot more reasonable when people get a hold of it and take it for a ride.

The location where mine is at has a bar. Bounty ideas? A pint? A dinner plate?

#454 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Prior to 1.04, if you got to Mass Hysteria, you could keep collecting ghosts and either restart it while in, The location where mine is at has a bar. Bounty ideas? A pint? A dinner plate?

Yeah Mass Hysteria is what I was talking aboot.

Hmm...Dinner is too much...do they sell growlers there? I do that if they do...if not maybe 2 pints would do. The firdst person only of course...you know how the damn bursts after that!

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah Mass Hysteria is what I was talking aboot.
Hmm...Dinner is too much...do they sell growlers there? I do that if they do...if not maybe 2 pints would do. The firdst person only of course...you know how the damn bursts after that!

Yeah, I was thinking of capping it at $10 for the first person to do it. They do simple foods. Wings, pizza, subs, fries. Stuff like that. It's not like there's a steak dinner on the menu. $10 in beer/food however you want to slice it sounds fun.

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

$10 in beer/food however you want to slice it sounds fun.

Yeah that sounds like fun...wish places around me did that.

#457 7 years ago

BENT RAIL PROBLEM SOLVED::::::

Ok, you guys want to fix that rail issue. You know what they did on EM's and early solid state games, when they needed reinforcement, or sections where the ball would rest between rubber gap?

the answer is in the name of the machines we enjoy. Pinball.

Reason it's called pinball, is because nails were used as pins.

Put a nail in the playfield right in the middle of the guide rail and all your problems are solved. Doesn't have to be a big one. Just a thin support nail like you use on Xmas lights. Problem solved.

#458 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Put a nail in the playfield right in the middle of the guide rail and all your problems are solved.

Hammer a nail into my brand new machine AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH

#459 7 years ago

yup. Hammer a nail. It's either that or redrill that rail post holes, so you can put a thicker rail in there. One way or another, there is going to be some playfield altering.

#460 7 years ago

Can't cliffy make a ball guide like protector that slips on reinforces the area?

#461 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yup. Hammer a nail. It's either that or redrill that rail post holes, so you can put a thicker rail in there. One way or another, there is going to be some playfield altering.

I have a better suggestion for a fix: Look to the manufacturer to offer a solution to their flawed design, and provide that fix free of charge.

#462 7 years ago

I may recreate that part with a much harder steel. If people are interested, I could do a run. I'm assuming it's aluminum now, right?

#463 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I may recreate that part with a much harder steel. If people are interested, I could do a run. I'm assuming it's aluminum now, right?

I highly doubt it's aluminum.

Probably cold roll steel.

#464 7 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Probably cold roll steel.

Agree. Stern (or someone in the aftermarket) could make one out of harder steel that has the same footprint as the original. That would solve the problem without necessitating modifying the playfield.

#465 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have a better suggestion for a fix: Look to the manufacturer to offer a solution to their flawed design, and provide that fix free of charge.

so you want them to send you the nail in a baggie with an instruction sheet? What if that is there solution?

#466 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

no rails are always just rolled metal. all pinball rails are. You find this out when you start working with a magnetic screwdriver and it gets attached to every damn rail you get near.

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so you want them to send you the nail in a baggie with an instruction sheet? What if that is there solution?

lol. Hey be careful for what you wish for!

#468 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

BENT RAIL PROBLEM SOLVED::::::
Ok, you guys want to fix that rail issue. You know what they did on EM's and early solid state games, when they needed reinforcement, or sections where the ball would rest between rubber gap?
the answer is in the name of the machines we enjoy. Pinball.
Reason it's called pinball, is because nails were used as pins.
Put a nail in the playfield right in the middle of the guide rail and all your problems are solved. Doesn't have to be a big one. Just a thin support nail like you use on Xmas lights. Problem solved.

Is there a downside to adding an extra ball to the area to prevent the guide rail bending (and avoiding playfield modification)? Would the extra ball affect hits registering there?

#469 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Is there a downside to adding an extra ball to the area to prevent the guide rail bending (and avoiding playfield modification)? Would the extra ball affect hits registering there?

I have seen many people say they are adding an extra ball in there, but none have reported if it made any difference. Has anyone found that this helps prevent bending?

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I have seen many people say they are adding an extra ball in there, but none have reported if it made any difference. Has anyone found that this helps prevent bending?

I will let you know later this week. Added one cause my rail was bending, bent back added ball.

#471 7 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Yeah, won't require as solid of a shot to hit the switch. You're cutting the distance the moving ball has to travel by the width of a pinball.

#472 7 years ago

I've had the extra ball in the symmetrical book stacking feature for about 2 weeks now. I haven't noticed the rail bending any further. I didn't find it hard to hit & trigger it originally, and certainly no different since I added the extra ball.

#473 7 years ago

Here is a simple mod for the Stern Ghostbusters pinball - Ghost Trap for the shooter gauge slot on the apron. These are renders showing what it would look like with the green section as a simulation of possibly some green led glow from underneath that could be on all the time or timed with an insert of the ball launch ?? something for you to decide and customise a little. Simply double side tape it down or 2 dabs of a silicon glue. Either paint or print up a small piece of paper or sticker for the hazard tape on the opened doors.

Trap_1_(resized).pngTrap_1_(resized).png

Trap_3_(resized).pngTrap_3_(resized).png

Trap_2_(resized).pngTrap_2_(resized).png

#474 7 years ago

So are multiballs really this hard to get? I havent had one yet.

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So are multiballs really this hard to get? I havent had one yet.

I'm hoping Dwight adds a Slimer multiball, since it seems the game is very low on easy to access multiballs. There's only Storage Facility, which isn't the easiest to start either- and also Mass Hysertia which is hard to get to and very difficult due to the reversed flippers. It really needs another easy to access multiball to balance it out. Most casual players, especially on location, will likely not see a multiball and just walk from it after a few games due to its difficulty.

#476 7 years ago

I had Mass Hysteria Multi Ball yesterday, totally confusing with the reversed flippers, you can see me do a couple dumb drains before i realize the flippers had switched back and forth. I wish maybe they would say some audible cue exactly when the flippers have switched to reversed and back again.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I had Mass Hysteria Multi Ball yesterday, totally confusing with the reversed flippers, you can see me do a couple dumb drains before i realize the flippers had switched back and forth. I wish maybe they would say some audible cue exactly when the flippers have switched to reversed and back again.
» YouTube video

Same thing has happened to me, on my best game so far I lost all 3 balls in play when the flippers switched back to normal. Definitely a warning is needed as who can keep track of weather the captive ball has been hit during a multiball?

#478 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Same thing has happened to me, on my best game so far I lost all 3 balls in play when the flippers switched back to normal. Definitely a warning is needed as who can keep track of weather the captive ball has been hit during a multiball?

Definitely needs a sound effect indicating what's happening to the flippers.

Personally, for me, I just want a setting to disable to reverse flippers altogether.

#479 7 years ago

The constant reversing of flippers really seems like it was a bad idea. It is totally turning me off this game. Please can we have a menu option to turn this off? Does anyone other than the one pinsider who suggested it think this is a good idea and adds to the fun of the game?

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

The constant reversing of flippers really seems like it was a bad idea. It is totally turning me off this game. Please can we have a menu option to turn this off? Does anyone other than the one pinsider who suggested it think this is a good idea and adds to the fun of the game?

It only happens in 1 mode of the game...i wouldn;t say "constant," unless you mean during that mode itself. Then just don;t hit the captive ball and it would switch back to normal.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Personally, for me, I just want a setting to disable to reverse flippers altogether.

Agreed.

#482 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Then just don;t hit the captive ball and it would switch back to normal.

It's frenetic multiball. Easier said than done, there's no way to track the switches hit by each ball at all times.

#483 7 years ago

At some point people are going to realize these games are trying to make you lose. You know, it's kind of like the whole purpose of them...they aren't your friends.

#484 7 years ago

I understand it only happens during the one mode but I don't understand what the point is... What does it add to the game? I still just want to play pinball and improve my skills. Let me have the option to turn it off and I am happy again.

#485 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I understand it only happens during the one mode but I don't understand what the point is... .

To make you lose the ball, to make the game harder.

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I understand it only happens during the one mode but I don't understand what the point is... What does it add to the game? I still just want to play pinball and improve my skills. Let me have the option to turn it off and I am happy again.

It doesnt add anything IMO, especially seeing there isn't many multi balls in the game to begin with, and are hard to get to for the average player.

Quoted from TheLaw:

To make you lose the ball, to make the game harder.

True, but reversing flippers is a cheap way to do it. For those playing in home, having the option to disable it would be great. Why not give the choice to have it on or off? There's no downside to that. Makes everyone happy then.

#487 7 years ago

Its cool idea if they want to switch. But is my understanding right they switch back and forth during mode as well?

#488 7 years ago

Or at least have it reverse, then reverse back (to normal) when you hit the captive ball.... And have any further hits do nothing (or increase the jackpot). This way you have the challenge of fixing it, but aren't constantly switching back and forth.

#489 7 years ago

I am sure it will have option to turn off in latter code,most want it

#490 7 years ago

Holy jeez, people. How about you get a billion on plunge and then fences come up around the pops so it can't ever leave?

Honestly, why do some of you even play pinball? Go garden or something.

#491 7 years ago

The only way I would consider the flippers switching to be remotely fair is if it BOTH has a very obvious audio/visual cue AND has a 3-5 second ball saver associated with every flipper switching. Else it seems just cruel to me. (and would actually make me happy that the one ball captive ball rail gets bent).

#492 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Holy jeez, people. How about you get a billion on plunge and then fences come up around the pops so it can't ever leave?
Honestly, why do some of you even play pinball? Go garden or something.

Nah

#493 7 years ago

I love the reverse flippers thing. It's fun on TSPP, and just adds an additional layer of difficulty/mayhem to the game.

#494 7 years ago

How bad are you at pinball that you can't tell when you hit a captive ball? Pay some attention to what you're doing. And when things reverse, adjust. It's a really cool feature. Center posts, baby mode code, bigger outlane posts...what's next?

If the game is too hard for you, play something else. Stern isn't obligated to bastardize their designs on every game to suit your skill level. Go buy a South Park and never drain.

#495 7 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

Here is a simple mod for the Stern Ghostbusters pinball - Ghost Trap for the shooter gauge slot on the apron. These are renders showing what it would look like with the green section as a simulation of possibly some green led glow from underneath that could be on all the time or timed with an insert of the ball launch ?? something for you to decide and customise a little. Simply double side tape it down or 2 dabs of a silicon glue. Either paint or print up a small piece of paper or sticker for the hazard tape on the opened doors.

Sweet, are you going to be making this MOD?

#496 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

How bad are you at pinball that you can't tell when you hit a captive ball? Pay some attention to what you're doing. And when things reverse, adjust. It's a really cool feature. Center posts, baby mode code, bigger outlane posts...what's next?
If the game is too hard for you, play something else. Stern isn't obligated to bastardize their designs on every game to suit your skill level. Go buy a South Park and never drain.

Can you tell us why having the *option* to disable reverse flippers is going to hurt the game, or make it worse? No one is asking for a code change. Just an option. You can have your "bad ass hard core" mode, and then the rest of us can change the option to our liking. I'm trying to see why that is a bad thing in your eyes.

#497 7 years ago

Precedent. Stern doesn't need to be wasting time coming up with training wheel code in their design considerations. On top of that, any game running that option should have its high score disabled.

#498 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Precedent. Stern doesn't need to be wasting time coming up with training wheel code in their design considerations. On top of that, any game running that option should have its high score disabled.

Wow this getting real bad.

Stern is not making the machine to make you happy. they arn;t making it so you can "get better at pinball." WTF is going on here? Goddamn newbs.

#499 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

How bad are you at pinball that you can't tell when you hit a captive ball? Pay some attention to what you're doing. And when things reverse, adjust.

I'm not that good, I play for fun, but I wouldn't place in any tournaments or anything. That doesn't preclude me from having an opinion though.

#500 7 years ago

Making it optional ruins the scoring completely. It's not "mass same as every other multiball multiball." It's meant to be a crazy, survive as long as you can, laugh while you suck experience. It's a novelty.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 49.95
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,494 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 250.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-club-we-got-one/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.