• Yes, my GB has a center post 26 votes
    35%
  • No center post on my GB 49 votes
    65%

(75 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5B11DE38-6998-4F4B-8326-752DDAE39931 (resized).jpeg

There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm not here to argue. I'm just here to enjoy some good pinball. All that I can say is that I put on the carrot flippers and my children's scores are way higher than they were before the carrot flippers. Take it for what it's worth. The air ball over the side rail is a little annoying but it doesn't happen that often. I see a few mods out there to correct the issue.

The center post mod also prevents air balls over the side rails - it's a "combo" mod!

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Not coming to Dallas to play a game I’ve vowed to never touch again. I’ve played enough different GBs to know it’s a poorly designed and skill-free alleged “game”.

Plenty of other reasons you might end up in Dallas. Just saying flag me down if you do, and we'll see if there's one lurking around on location still. I don't even need you to play it. I'll bet 30 bucks on getting Mass Hysteria within 3 games, contingent on the thing playing properly. I've only gotten to "We’re Ready To Believe You!" once, but pretty sure that I can at least do that within 3 games.

I doubt Stern cares what anyone's opinion is on GB at this point, and I've seen otherwise, so my mind is set. It got used a lot in league when I was active, and you can definitely see a VERY clear difference between people that can make the shots and those that can't, even when they're all following the same mode route choices. It's a tough game that definitely isn't for everyone, which is a shame, because the theme was pretty universal. They really should've picked something else to make into a game that was just gonna spank everyone. They got the idea right with Walking Dead not that long beforehand. : p The unfairness of the game has NOTHING to do with the flipper gap, and everything to do with the ball flying over the guides/flippers off of things. We can both at least agree that part is crap.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I doubt Stern cares what anyone's opinion is on GB at this point, and I've seen otherwise, so my mind is set.

They don’t care. It sold great & does well on route. So did South Park. Sterns concern is money. Mine is a good game. That’s why I find this game and people’s defense of it so fascinating...Pre-2016, even though we had different tastes and opinions, pinball people generally could agree on what types of design & gameplay issues were acceptable & unacceptable. Remember how Avengers got destroyed? One could argue that once you “make the shots” & “play better” on that game, it’s OK. Hell, I owned one, but it’s design flaws were absolutely obvious & I could be honest about them.

Quoted from Frax:

The unfairness of the game has NOTHING to do with the flipper gap, and everything to do with the ball flying over the guides/flippers off of things. We can both at least agree that part is crap.

Yeah, it’s just bizarre. Every game ever has had targets & outlanes. Why does THIS game launch everything into the air?

The gap is an issue though due to the other areas of poor design. Maybe you didn’t experience it on your machines, but I can’t tell you how many times the library scoop shot the ball straight down the middle on multiple machines. The ball came out of the left pops exit & went straight down so many times. Magna slings stopped the ball dead center and dropped it down. The left to right orbit often rattled and went down the middle. Many of those center drains might have been avoidable with a normal gap.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Avengers got destroyed? One could argue that once you “make the shots” & “play better” on that game,

No amount of good shooting changes the fact that they still wanted you to LINEARLY shoot one shot ....B L A C K W I D O W...um....20 times? To start one Vs. Mode? No amount of good shooting changes the fact that the balls on route constantly would get impossibly stuck on the ball lock, or that adding their grippy tape fix just made it WORSE. No shooting changes the fact that the game is a choppy grind of boringness. No code to account for stuck balls! Ghostbusters isn't that. It's got it's own problems, but man...Avengers seriously had so many "game over" physical/electrical flaws in the design.

#55 4 years ago

my Avengers was perfectly tweaked, it was playing like a formula 1, including BW ramp... not arguing about the code of course, but i had fun with it (i mean really lol)

2 months later
#56 4 years ago

Anyone have a pic of the center post mod installed?

1 month later
#57 3 years ago

I don’t have any experience with a center post mod but the GB pro I have currently has a star post mod the previous owner installed. It helps for sure and IMO looks great. Doesn’t make the game “easy” by no means and doesn’t save everything. Just a little help I guess you’d say.

5B11DE38-6998-4F4B-8326-752DDAE39931 (resized).jpeg5B11DE38-6998-4F4B-8326-752DDAE39931 (resized).jpeg
#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Vabeachrunner4:

I don’t have any experience with a center post mod but the GB pro I have currently has a star post mod the previous owner installed. It helps for sure and IMO looks great. Doesn’t make the game “easy” by no means and doesn’t save everything. Just a little help I guess you’d say.[quoted image]

Good God.

#59 3 years ago

No shit....wtf.

#60 3 years ago

OUPS !

now, you can even put a rubber between the 2 posts, and "play" centers drains on rebounds...

#61 3 years ago

.......and I thought my carrot flippers were cheating!

#62 3 years ago
Quoted from Vabeachrunner4:

I don’t have any experience with a center post mod but the GB pro I have currently has a star post mod the previous owner installed. It helps for sure and IMO looks great. Doesn’t make the game “easy” by no means and doesn’t save everything. Just a little help I guess you’d say.[quoted image]

I remember when that got posted in the owners thread, pretty freaking hilarious.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

.......and I thought my carrot flippers were cheating!

no way ! of course its not more "as factory", but its just perfect with them (well, not sure now with last code being easier than when i got the pin)

2 months later
#64 3 years ago

Opinions and assholes. Everyone has one.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 64 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-center-post-/page/2?hl=vabeachrunner4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.