Topic poll

“What is your GB situation”

• Ordered GB Pro and Cancelled 10 votes
    4%
  • Ordered GB Premium and Cancelled 40 votes
    17%
  • Ordered LE and Cancelled 16 votes
    7%
  • Was 100% going to order GB Pro/Premium when in stock but not going to anymore 58 votes
    24%
  • Was on the fence about it ordering GB Pro/Premium but not going to anymore 35 votes
    15%
  • Wasn't interested in GB, but will not order new titles until I know issue is resolved. 81 votes
    34%

(240 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
4457197 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg (© 2016)
image_(resized).jpg

There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

What's an mmr??

Midieval Madness remake

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

Midevil Madness Remake

or for correct spelling: medieval madness remake
details are on planetary pinball website.

#103 3 years ago

The difficulty in the ghosting issue and warranty claim, is the definition of "manufacturing defect". Just based on the posts here, there are a variety of opinions on what a defect is RE: ghosting inserts - and it seems sending photos to your distributor and Stern taking those under review, also seems like the solution with be a judgment call between buyer, distributor and manufacturer. Is it just that way it goes sometimes with imperfections with clearcoats, is there a vendor defect, is there a quality control issue on accepting PF - bottom line: what's the trouble, can it be fixed, or wave it off as variance "luck of the deal"? Lots of judgment calls, several solutions that would seem fair or falling short, depending on which side you are on.

The opinions in this thread are mixed. Some buyers see it as a non-issue, play on. Others take it as a catastrophic defect requiring an entirely new playfield, or full exchange or refund. So it will be interesting what the final actions will be by Stern and their distributors.

Some will be happy with Stern's interpretation of a buyer's claim and complaints, and the remedy made. Others will unlikely be dissappointed that the remedy didn't go far enough, or nothing was done for them at all.

RE: this thread, as to potential orders impact from cancels and loss of confidence for future purchases and/or financial damage - follow the money. Sales are strong if pros are estimated as January deliveries. LE's are "sold out" if you call a distributor, you may find one unspoken for, and maybe a cancelled order that hasn't been gobbled up by the waiting lists.

Estimating losses or motivating Stern via Pinside polls or posts is difficult speculation, and not worth much. WIthout input from someone at Stern, or in the distribution chain, its all a guessing game we can play, but wouldn't influence my decisions.

What would help would be those buyers or orders appealing to Stern or distributors & get a response/remedy status or result you could share in this or other thread. If those replies are posted elsewhere, please give thread title & post#?

2 months later
#104 3 years ago

How anyone can drop this kind of cash and feel that"some" defects are acceptable is insane, especially in a collector hobby where condition is everything. What would you say if buying a car and the paint bubbles and chips off and the temp controls and radio have electrical issues, I guess say, as long as it drives. You don't look at it, you drive it.
People like this are the ones I want to kill when I pay good money for anything and find quality to be shit. It's why most everything is shit and made elsewhere for the cheap. Listening to some attitudes, doubt it that America even has the ability to produce quality, or care to. Shame
With every new game release,out with the old,in with the new. You can already find 7k, at new, games for around 4k or so. how long before defective gb is on the market for 3k? 2 to 5 years I'd bet. New pin buyers only have so much room. At that price, and at that time someone will be refurbishing these playfields.

If everyone held others to a higher standard you'd bet stern would listen.

Sad that like everything, electionics get smaller,and more advanced, but what's the point when made cheap. Also, why are we making playfields worse now then 20yr old games? Unacceptable. Besides the fact that why aren't they reinventing pins. Painting crappy wood,using cheap plastic inserts, and clearing with auto clear should tell you that wood and other materials expand and contact differently. Wood is terrible. Ever have a wood floor?depending on the season it seperate, etc.

What I heard is stern used to use 1 playfield manufacturer, then decided not to put eggs in 1 basket so shipped out the work to Germany, how's that working out?

#105 3 years ago

Yep, of all of the products I own which cost at least 4K, my Stern machines exhibit the worst attention to detail, quality of materials and overall build quality.

I would never accept Stern's abysmal quality with my watches, appliances, suits, projectors/televisions, amplifiers, receivers, furniture, Persian area rugs, and refuse to accept it with my pinball machines.

For God's sake Stern, take a little pride in what you do (especially at your silly price points for NIB).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
LĂ©vis, QC
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside