Topic poll

“What is your GB situation”

• Ordered GB Pro and Cancelled 10 votes
    4%
  • Ordered GB Premium and Cancelled 40 votes
    17%
  • Ordered LE and Cancelled 16 votes
    7%
  • Was 100% going to order GB Pro/Premium when in stock but not going to anymore 58 votes
    24%
  • Was on the fence about it ordering GB Pro/Premium but not going to anymore 35 votes
    15%
  • Wasn't interested in GB, but will not order new titles until I know issue is resolved. 82 votes
    34%

(241 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
4457197 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg (© 2016)
image_(resized).jpg
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 7 years ago

I know we don't need a 4th thread about GB issues but there does seem to be a lot of people canceling and I thought it would be helpful to put a figure on what the issues means to the community and Stern.

I know that some people don't care about it. I hate that these issues are overshadowing the release of the pin and it puts a wet blanket on one of Sterns finer releases. I have played and LOVE the machine. LE and PRO, The ghosting does not affect the gameplay at all, you don't notice anything when you play. Some people seem to think that people should ignore it and just enjoy the machine.

That is fine if you have that opinion but this poll is for people that refuse to accept the issues and are voting with their wallet.
If you where not actually going to get a GB please don't vote for the wrong items!

Thanks

edit: I probably should have inserted another option " Got a ghosting GB, but will not order new titles until I know issue is resolved"
If you are in this category please choose "Wasn't interested in GB, but will not order new titles until I know issue is resolved"

#2 7 years ago

I'm in as soon as playfield issues get worked out...

#3 7 years ago

Missing an option -- was going to buy, but now going to wait until Stern makes official announcement that it's fixed or enough come through unscathed after being played that it appears the problem is fixed.

#4 7 years ago

I'm not sure why everyone is complaining, it's a ghost busters game, your should expect some ghosting.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

I'm in as soon as playfield issues get worked out...

This... which needs to be a poll option.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

This... which needs to be a poll option.

That is

Was 100% going to order GB Pro/Premium when in stock but not going to anymore

#7 7 years ago

Your poll is very one sided. If you want to learn anything useful you'll need options for things like "already ordered and not cancelling" and "still plan to order as soon as in stock".

#8 7 years ago

There's like 4 of these poll threads with the same premise (and even the same ghosting joke, lol). Are you all talking to the same lawyer who tells you to get people to back you up?

Just wondering, where is this data going to make a change? There are at least 4 of these threads asking to collect poll information on Ghostbusters ghosting in the exact same way you are, like oddly similar.

Where is this data going? Is it helping?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

That is
Was 100% going to order GB Pro/Premium when in stock but not going to anymore

No, that says was going to buy, but not anymore...the correct option is was going to buy but now waiting and buying when issue is solved.

#10 7 years ago

Yes poll is very one sided a matter of fact there is no option that Im just ordering a gb pro now or premium now or any other stern now. they are all im not ordering one...I guarantee there are people still buying them now LOL.

#11 7 years ago

My Metallica Pro and KISS Pro still look great out of the box. I do feel bad those for these people who are getting a game with these issues. I'll wait a few months after Aerosmith comes out to see if this ghost issue is happening on those playfields as well.

1 week later
#12 7 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

My Metallica Pro and KISS Pro still look great out of the box. I do feel bad those for these people who are getting a game with these issues. I'll wait a few months after Aerosmith comes out to see if this ghost issue is happening on those playfields as well.

Aerosmith is only a rumour crwated by the banter on this forum.. like any forum dont believe anything written with substantial evidence

#13 7 years ago

Is this the tenth poll? jeez - what's the point?

#14 7 years ago

Ordered an LE and wasn't worried or cancelled. Ordered a Premium as well and still am not concerned or candelled.

my LE is over 3 weeks old now with the shaker motor turned to highest setting and I have absolutely no ghosting inserts. Not one. I have crazed inserts that came that way factory on some of the larger inserts. Looks like little "cracks" in the plastic where the clear found imperfections in the insert and settles in them. But absolutely nothing in terms of ghosting.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Aerosmith is only a rumour crwated by the banter on this forum.. like any forum dont believe anything written with substantial evidence

Areosmith is not a rumor its next

#16 7 years ago

Jaws and Aerosmith and star wars

#17 7 years ago

Still best to buy low play HUO and have the thing broke in a bit and know exactly what you're getting...

Quoted from Delta9:

Areosmith is not a rumor its next

SEND MONEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Is this the tenth poll? jeez - what's the point?

Was started a week and a half ago on request when everyone started to say they are canceling their orders.

Thought that If Stern saw the $$$ damage their issue was causing it would give them the nudge to respond to concerned current and future customers.

#19 7 years ago

Enough with these GB threads please. There are like 20 polls and 40 threads discussing this already.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I know we don't need a 4th thread about GB issues

And yet...

#21 7 years ago

Here is the other thing - you can't trust results. People can say anything.

I noticed on one ghosting thread the OP asked everyone to provide certain info on their game (build date - play field date) - and virtually no one provided said info. Makes you really wonder how honest people are being. So many people have axes to grind one way or another that I don't believe EITHER camp.

I'm not saying ghosting isn't happening - plenty of photos to prove it - but these polls about people canceling etc are so worthless. Force people to post redacted emails of their order cancellation before you trust the data.

#22 7 years ago

I basically postponed my order... asked distributer to pull my order and place it once playfield problems are resolved

#23 7 years ago

I am waiting for now.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Still best to buy low play HUO and have the thing broke in a bit and know exactly what you're getting...

SEND MONEY NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Good point!

#25 7 years ago

This poll is not very good. Basically everything is for cancelled orders or not placing one. Where is the option still ordering????

#26 7 years ago

Picked it up today!
Don't care
Let's rock!

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#27 7 years ago

I'm really enjoying my GB LE, about 200 games in a week and no ghosting at all.

#28 7 years ago

Been waiting 4 months and Cancelled my Premium today.
Sad, but I think I'll wait till they get a few things straightened out.

#29 7 years ago

I cancelled the order that I never placed based solely on these polls.

#30 7 years ago

what i find incredible is that they are still shipping machines in that state. Surely you'd want to fix this problem given the fact they are being shipped all over the world and are non-trivial items to fix. A lot of folks are going to have to do a lot of work to fix this!

Neil.

1 week later
#31 7 years ago

SMVE, 4 months old, 330 plays and the ghosting started on a lot of inserts...
Informed my distributor, he will send my pictures to Stern.
Stern has to do something.
Will have to wait I guess... Hopefully not to long, I'd really like a new, quality PF.
So far my GBLE #255 has no ghosting yet. Fingers crossed...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#32 7 years ago

I have not seen any play field damage or ghosting on my LE. This is a great pin even with the air balls and drains it is really fun to play. I would buy another without hesitation.

#33 7 years ago

Umm....looks like your storage facility insert is starting to ghost and your Tobins insert is absolutely ghosting.

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from RickAHG:

I have not seen any play field damage or ghosting on my LE.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Umm....looks like your storage facility insert is starting to ghost and your Tobins insert is absolutely ghosting.

Yup there is some ghosting on yours

#35 7 years ago

This is a playable pinball machine with steel ball bearings being fired around at speed. I wish people would just play them instead of looking for the tiniest defects and then expect a whole new Playfield. Fair enough if there were bits dropping off but for tiny slivers of insert ghosting, miniature imperfections in the clear coat etc. People need to spend more time playing and less time with the magnifying glass out

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from j69:

This is a playable pinball machine with steel ball bearings being fired around at speed. I wish people would just play them instead of looking for the tiniest defects and then expect a whole new Playfield. Fair enough if there were bits dropping off but for tiny slivers of insert ghosting, miniature imperfections in the clear coat etc. People need to spend more time playing and less time with the magnifying glass out

Absolutely agree 100 % ...even the original poster comes from a back ground of being on another forum called aussie arcade where they all complain about anything ... typical!

#38 7 years ago

Amazing how some people just don't get it. Sure it's pinball things break all the time. But these bad playfields are deprecating these machines 50 percent in the first month. That's a tough pill to swallow and certainly not a risk most are willing to take

#39 7 years ago

I voted ordered and cancelled. Your poll, as I read it today, is reasonable. We've already seen polls about how many people were getting one and love it.

To be fair, this game is amazing. I think JT and Stern knocked it out of the park on theme, design and fun factor of the complete project. Once these manufacturing issues are resolved, this game will be on my list of "must have" games for my collection. I'm just holding off on my purchase of it NIB. Besides, HUO is a better deal anyway.

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Absolutely agree 100 % ...even the original poster comes from a back ground of being on another forum called aussie arcade where they all complain about anything ... typical!

4457197 (resized).jpg4457197 (resized).jpg

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from j69:

enough if there were bits dropping off

If the clear is separated from the insert, then it seems a matter of time till bits do start dropping off right? There's now an air gap there waiting to get cracked right? Or am I not understanding it?

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

There's now an air gap there waiting to get cracked right? Or am I not understanding it?

You're understanding it.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamie126:

Amazing how some people just don't get it. Sure it's pinball things break all the time. But these bad playfields are deprecating these machines 50 percent in the first month. That's a tough pill to swallow and certainly not a risk most are willing to take

Depreciating 50% in the first month! Where can I find A huo ghosted game for $2500?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Missing an option -- was going to buy, but now going to wait until Stern makes official announcement that it's fixed or enough come through unscathed after being played that it appears the problem is fixed.

This

#45 7 years ago

Exactly why i don't spend 7 grand for an LE - they are games to me - to be played and enjoyed, - not collector's items nor investments.
I do understand the anger, but it just doesn't bother me all that much

#46 7 years ago

I'm not sure I'm buying all the cancellation talk. I called almost every major distributor looking for an LE cancel to jump on and all said everything is still sold out. I currently have a premium on order. I think it's a lot of hype and no action at the moment.

#47 7 years ago

yep... all this makes my little MMr faded ink issue very trivial...

#48 7 years ago

I got mine!

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

yep... all this makes my little MMr faded ink issue very trivial...

Not really... your game will be worth less than other "correct" MMr's if you need to sell it. That's IF you can sell it with all the other MMr's up for sale with decent PF's. And the company could *give a sh#t* about all of you guys. Your 8k wasn't as good as the next guy's apparently. That really pissed me off.

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Jamie126:

First of all, if you are lucky enough to have a Ghostbusters at all, I think you should be thankful. A little ghosting on inserts that you can't see when the game is on is no big deal....do you play your games when they are off? Oh thats right some people consider these an investment. Haha! Second of all, if these are depreciating 50% in the first month, I would like to buy the machine of whoever is selling theirs for 50% less than what they paid.....what's that? No-one is doing that? That's what I thought! But really, if you are selling your Ghost busters for $2500, I'll take it. Please message me and let me know!

Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 105 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-cancellations-and-ghosting-finacial-damage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.