(Topic ID: 156343)

Ghostbusters being reworked due to too many toys!

By PanzerFreak

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Will you still buy Ghostbusters after these changes?”

• Yes, interactive toys are bad and just slow the ball down! 2 votes
      18%
    • Yes, I'll be keeping my LE as the plaque alone on it is worth $1k 0 votes
    • Yes, I'll buy it no matter how bad it looks, take my money! 4 votes
      36%
    • No, this is an outage, enough is enough! 5 votes
      45%

(11 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pinside1_(resized).jpg
    #1 8 years ago

Well, I've heard rumors from a solid pinball insider that Ghostbusters is being re-worked as the game has too many toys and is now making other games look rather bare because of it

The insider, who only wants to be referred to as "The Wonka" to protect his real identity, said Stern went back to the drawing board for the premium / LE after "The Real Ghostbusters Thread" approached 9,000 posts with the word "toy" being mentioned 1,782 times in the entire thread.

The Ecto Goggles toy is gone and is now represented by a flat piece of plastic, the magnetic slings have also been removed as well due to making traditional slings seem boring. The ramp that drops below the playfield is still there but the ball lock it integrates with is gone, it's all plastic, and it now fails to return to the right flipper 25% of the time as the original design made the ramp shot to steep and difficult for 2 test players to hit.

The worst change of them all though is to the Slimer toy...it's changing across all models according to "The Wonka". The toy is now being reworked to accommodate a large rotating, yet talking, Slimer toy. The toy can't be hit by a pinball though as Dan Ackroid mentioned that Slimer is sacred and cannot be hit by a pinball.

I'm disgusted and pissed to say the least. Stern had a home run on their hands with GB and as Smeagol would say "you ruins it"! I'll now be going back to talk about all of WOZ's toys again.

Here is a rough mock up "The Wonka" sent to me that he said closely resembles the new Slimer toy

pinside1_(resized).jpgpinside1_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Happy April Fools day!!

#3 8 years ago

TLTR

#4 8 years ago

I'm calling total bs . There's no way they would do this. It would be a PR disaster. On a lighter note, I'd be saving a LOT of money so hey, either way, I win!

Sounds like YOU have been taking a shot everytime you say "toy". And for the record, in your post here and the thread title, you said it 13 times.

So yeah, might want to call into work and tell them you're under the table drunk, because you have 13 shots to take!

#5 8 years ago

Lets wait and see if it is the real deal before pointing your finger at Stern.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I'm calling total bs . There's no way they would do this. It would be a PR disaster. On a lighter note, I'd be saving a LOT of money so hey, either way, I win!
    Sounds like YOU have been taking a shot everytime you say "toy". And for the record, in your post here and the thread title, you said it 13 times.
    So yeah, might want to call into work and tell them you're under the table drunk, because you have 13 shots to take!

I'm leaving for the Stern factory in a few minutes to protest outside the factory gates and have several "SAVE THE TOYS" signs with me!

#7 8 years ago

Wish you were closer. If I lived nearby, I would picket with you. Shame what people will try to get away with!

#8 8 years ago

its April fools day obviously a joke.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

with the word "toy" being mentioned 1,782 times in the entire thread.

And 1700 of those mentions were by you.

Booooya!!!

rd

3 weeks later
    #10 7 years ago

Sure dude..lol

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-being-reworked-due-to-too-many-toys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.