0919161725a (resized).jpg
0812161851 (resized).jpg
0812161849b (resized).jpg
IMG_2226 (resized).JPG
IMG_2225 (resized).JPG
IMG_2228 (resized).JPG
IMG_2229 (resized).JPG
mr_magoo_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

There are numerous posts about all of the playfields with insert issues coming out of Stern recently. I am curious how many folks have recent Stern games with NO issues? If you can, list the date on the playfield, and approximately how many games you have so far. I'm especially interested in the GB Pro and LE models....are they all affected? Or just some?

My playfield date was July 7. About 160 games so far (3-ball), and no issues yet.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from JDD:

Ghostbusters Pro
--------------------------------------------
Playfield stamped May 17, 20016
Stern Sticker H5* Harold-Pro #952 of 985
Machine built July 7,2016
Machine unboxed July 15, 2016
25 days of play. Just a couple hundred games.
No ghosting issues.

Maybe the playfield maker was sober during that early July run, and ours are good! lol Thanks

#13 7 years ago

Could it be as simple as inconsistent clear? Or too much hardener?

#19 7 years ago

I will post this here, because I was asked not to bring any differing opinions to the "are you serious" thread. In that thread, TheBlackKnightx said:

Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Owners and potential buyers are deluding themselves if they think this remains an isolated problem affecting only a few machines.
"It won't happen to me."
Do people really believe the number of machines affected is less than 100?
That is not how playfield production works EVER.
Most of the first iteration sequence of LE/Premium playfields were cut, ink screened, insert bonded, prepped, and clear coated months ago.
Generally done in batches of 500-1000.
That means ALL these playfields will have some part of problem at one point of another in the future.
They did not "switch clear coat", "have a different batch of inserts from China", or "bad wood" in the middle of the sequence production.
Maybe for the entire production, but not individual playfields.
All parts of playfield production are received before production commences to ensure they have sufficient quantities.
That means if the same playfield production run is used for Premiums, the problem is going to return in a circle.
Don't believe me?
The same damn playfield problem happened with MET Premium in APR 2015 from a single run batch of PFs!
Playfield clear coat and ink screening problems, resulting in playfield artwork chipping.
They were the same source layout for games, so the playfields were used.
Look it up, read, educate, it happens.
Sometimes things get $#@!ed up, and corrections are required.
If you don't understand the process and really want to learn more, talk to CPR.
They have been dealing with these complexities on a non-commercial level for reproduction PFs for going on two decades.
That is why they have Gold, Silver, and Bronze standards!
READ THIS ENTIRE PAGE!
(If you are not familiar from people that experienced and passionate)
http://www.classicplayfields.com/standards.html

Want more?
Send me a PM, I will provide contacts, and perhaps they will be willing to explain how this works in length, as I will not try to do it here after 3000 posts.
Continued speculation and feeding paranoia.
"Pull my finger" or let Stern sort it out, and as some said "buy later".
I am going to straight up say it:
If you gamble right now, you are going to lose.

I don't know this person, but based on the posts I have read, he has obviously been around the business a long time, and he has an opinion that I respect. I am sure he is entirely correct in everything that he said here. However, he is not addressing the possibility that Stern stopped that run and requested replacement playfields for at least the GB games. We have no way of knowing for sure, but we all remember the long delay, and rumor had it they were getting new playfields shipped in. I have no idea if the date stamp really means anything, but the early shipped games had much earlier dates stamped on them. Given most of the early games all ghosted, I am betting he is correct that all of those early playfields will develop an issue. The jury is still out on the later runs. A few have seen problems, and some have not. Of course, if all of this is true, and I have no way of knowing if it is, there are a lot of playfields sitting at Stern that should not be used. MY hope is they aren't foolish enough to try and sneak them into a Premium....I doubt they are that dumb, but one never knows. I guess what I am saying is that I don't necessarily think ALL games so far are doomed. Maybe they are and I am completely wrong....if so, I am big enough to admit it. But for me to draw a definite conclusion, I would like to see more data.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Mine too. If bad reports get out on the Premiums should be enough to get most to cancel a lot of the existing preorders. We already know a lot of people here already canceled.

Lol, this is the jaded cop in me, but what we know is a lot of people have said they cancelled. Who knows if they really did, or if they ever had orders to begin with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

15,699 (OBO)
$ 49.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manimal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-and-recent-stern-without-insert-issues?tu=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.