(Topic ID: 168031)

Ghostbusters AirBall Protector New Lower Cost Free Shipping!

By OLDPINGUY

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 158 posts
  • 76 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by OLDPINGUY
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GB Lane Gaurdsw (resized).jpg
GB Lane Gaurds (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
20161022_223059 (resized).jpg
IMG_7146 (resized).JPG
IMG_7145 (resized).JPG
gb protector wdecal (resized).jpg
20160909_203244 (resized).jpg
elmers-glue (resized).png
2016-hot-wheels (resized).jpg
protector with car (resized).jpg
Protector plain (resized).jpg
Protector with trap (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

Ghostbusters AirBall Protector New Lower Cost Free Shipping!

Added: 2016-09-03 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (November 27th, 2016) • Ended: December 21st, 2016
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 20

Finally Available are Air Ball Protectors for Ghostbusters Premium and LE.

Greetings to all. I am pleased to offer air ball protectors for Ghostbusters. I wish to share my sincere thanks to a fellow Pinsider for creating this piece and their work on the template. It is available for anyone to cut their own, if they wish.

Heres a brief story.

I have personally cut over a dozen different versions. All in the attempt finding the best one. In making the raised one I had to look I want it but unfortunately continually required everyone possibly adjust their Slimer Mechanism.
Most people do not wish to do this, and any raised, right anchored version gave me an issue with Look, or with Slimer.

The Left anchored Plastic removed the need for any adjustment of ones Slimer.

So this left clear Plastic or a decal.....lets come back to this.

Lets Look at Plastics!

In doing this I tested several Plastics. The stiffer Lexan polycarbonate Work well. tried the others. And when anchored under the pops was my favorite. This was the raised version. Solid.

However, this stiffer plastic was prone to breaking when anchored and not allowed to flex when lowered and anchored on right

I wanted the best, a decal, so I turned to Joe.
With the help of Joe at Laseriffic and Joe at Pingraffix,
Going to the best, meant getting the best, and I didnt need to work further.

The Left anchor with a Flexible Plastic, after much testing
was the best answer, with the least probability of adjustment needed!

It is available for $19.95 Including Shipping
and $24.95 With the Ghost Trap Decal Including Shipping

For Canada, a Plain Protector is now $24.95 SHIPPED! With Decal Loose or applied, $29.95.
For Europe its $26.95 Plain and $31.95 With Decal Loose or applied. Shipping Included!

So, I dont have a business site up, and a direct Paypal to _____@_______________ [email removed] will work.

Thanks,

Art

EDIT 9/6 ********************************

Thank you!

With all orders, please include Name, Address, email, if you want tracking and phone number in notes.

Pricing:

Clear Plastic: $19.95 including First Class Shipping
Plastic with Decal $24.95 Including First Class shipping

For Canada, a Plain Protector is now $24.95 SHIPPED! With Decal Loose or applied, $29.95.
For Europe its $26.95 Plain and $31.95 With Decal Loose or applied. Shipping Included!

Paypal to: _____@_______________ [email removed]

Thank you!

Art

Item photos

Protector with trap (resized).jpg
Protector plain (resized).jpg
protector with car (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are OLDPINGUY's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to OLDPINGUY's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

winter park, FL, US

#3 7 years ago

Yes, Simply paypal to [email protected]....Ill know which you want by the amount, or if unique you can add to notes and PM me.

If your Paypal address is correct, thats all thats needed.

There is 1 or 2 clear left to ship out on Tuesday, unless those who have reserved want with decal.

All other orders will ship in 2 -3 weeks....as fast as I can!

Thank You!

art

#4 7 years ago

I can, but since I have lost my volume overseas discount, please allow me to look into overseas shipping, and Ill post back.

It may be a day, I am a bit wiped out from hurricane damage here....

art

#7 7 years ago

...and in hand stock is gone!

At this time, any orders received will ship in 2-3 weeks.

Thanks!

Art

#9 7 years ago

Ill Post Canada and International Shipping tomorrow.
Ive lost my Bulk discount, but maybe if it makes sense, I can Check with Mike at Pinball Medics...he might take it on to
help get it to you guys lower.

The Plastic with the Trap, Joe just printed and applied an hour again.

At this time, I dont have a picture Installed...sorry.

Art

#10 7 years ago

So Sorry, the decal is not available loose at this time.

#13 7 years ago

Thank you very much!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Tazmancat:

I'd like the one with the decal. Should we pay now or when they come back in stock?

You can do either. But reserving one to ensure you are in the second run, and not the third, is up to you.
I have 12 left from the second run. Another 7-10 days, and then they should likely reach some stock on hand.

Quoted from SteveMan:

Just sent funds. Thanks for making these available!

It is my honour to be a part of the Pinside Community!

#27 7 years ago

Yes, on the LE, and therefore the Premium, the targets to the left and right of the ramp produce air balls, that
BB size dimples in my mirror blades on the far right!
Sometimes they sail over the captive balls on the left, and a few have gone airborne like a ghost over the flippers!

So Aurich, what do Doug, and I, and a few others need to do to get you to Expo?

#32 7 years ago

Thank you all! Here is a picture of the 2 Ecto Cars....the newer one has more stuff on it!

Please let me know which you prefer. These are limited availability...

2016-hot-wheels (resized).jpg2016-hot-wheels (resized).jpg

#35 7 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Art can you put me down for one clear ? I'll PayPal you shortly .

Sure!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from challanger1128:

one ordered -- thanks nice job

Thank you!

#38 7 years ago

Yes, but when the next batch arrives, I should have enough to ship everyone so far.

#43 7 years ago

Trying,.....this is a test to see if my health can handle some work...50-50 right now...we will see!

#48 7 years ago

Thanks!!! I guess its funny, Im back to work?!?,

Actually, Im hoping my son, Andy, will do this. Hes applying for Jobs, as he is in college, but tough pickings with 4-5 Colleges in Town.

Over 60,000 at UCF!

#50 7 years ago

Busy Beaver here! First Batch going out.

But I am a dumbass! I am used to a full commerce site.

So, some people orders dont have addresses, and Ill be sending you an email.
Please check Spam folders.

Those ordering now, Please include your address in the Notes section.

Canadian, and International shipping costs coming up soon, and a summary for this.

Thank you.....Feels like a 2 month vacation? weird....

#52 7 years ago

Thank you!

OK recap, All orders receiving now, should ship in 2-3 weeks.

Please remember if you are ordering a Hot Wheels Ecto, that you mention Ecto1 original, or Ecto 1-A new.
When they run out, I will post, and anyone "caught" in the middle, Ill reach out to, or refund, etc.

With all orders, please include Name, Address, email, if you want tracking and phone number in notes.

Pricing:

Clear Plastic: $19.95 including First Class Shipping
Plastic with Decal $24.95 Including First Class shipping
Loose Hot Wheels Ecto. Please Add $8.00, shipping Included

For Canada, I have been able to currently do, for an additional $10.00
For Europe, An Additional $13.00.

Paypal to: [email protected]

US Harmonized code is: 9504.20.80 Suffix 60
This US import code is tax free under Arcade games parts and accessories.
The value is low.

But the online screen wants a 6 digit number, that I can force in there....950420 or 26, but would really appreciate anyones help to
look up for Canada and Europe.
This is where Im at:

https://hts.usitc.gov/?query=9504.20.80

Paypal to: [email protected]

Thank you!

Art

#56 7 years ago

Awesome Guys! Thank you!

I am hoping the second batch will arrive sooner! Good news from Joe!

Working on Ghost Train Proto next, and something more in pink slime for premiums and pros!

#58 7 years ago

Thank you! Evening crowd bump!

#61 7 years ago

Im working on a version, again using influence from all others.
My vision is mostly clear or all clear, as well as a decal version that blends with the blue and purple art from the playfield
for Pro and Premium.

Should the proto and eta be available to be shown, I hope, before this next batch ships, Ill post, and one can decide if they wish for me to hold their order or not.

Shooting for $25-$30, clear/decal with shipping.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from JimB:

Can you make sure it works with the Pinball Life center post mod? That's assuming their mod really only addresses the center post and doesn't completely solve the jumping issue. Correct me if I'm wrong.

PBL product works very well, there is no reason for both to be installed.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

How do you secure the Ecto-1 to your mod??

In the case of this plastic, and car, I am using a wider piece of double sided sticky foam.

In the past, I have used Hot glue...easy, and I have also drilled a whole in the bottom of the car, coordinated height, and machine screwed with spacer and washer, and it self taps the soft metal of the car.

However, the only way for this to work in the position shown, requires, you soft test pushing the car as far back as possible, without the spinner hitting it. and hand moving slimer over to check.

I am guessing this next part, because subtle variations exist in the mounting of the slimer mech.

If your slimer is not hitting anything, as it has been delivered, there is a good chance it will not hit the front corner of the car, giving a phantom "hit" register sometimes. If your slimer is hitting the captive ball and sometimes the far left captive ball, one can raise the boom with the single set screw, and/or put washers in the back of the mech where 2 screws anchor it to the playfield.

The results of this are not consistent, nor is the need, or solution.

For that reason, I have some loose cars, and they are shipped loose that one can try, or mount over the PKE loop.

Currently, the lowest I have found is $8.00 Shipped from Ebay, so I matched that.
Supplies are very limited, I am not sure what "day" I will run out.

Thats the "Scoop!"

#69 7 years ago

Much appreciate it!!! Its my whole Job now!

#73 7 years ago

I believe it will, but hope to test in a few days.

Production is moving faster than expected.

I believe it will be ok, to order the
Decal loose.

I answered someone incorrectly.

I'll follow up shortly, and if so I can add
To your order.

Thank you all very much!

#75 7 years ago

Curly from LSOG called me to say it fits fine on the Pro! Thank You!

#78 7 years ago

Thanks!!!!

I believe I should receive next week....1-2 weeks early, and have everyone shipping out much faster!

On to the next couple of pieces......

#80 7 years ago

Right, John. (sarcasm)

Thankfully, as you know its something needed now, and not so much later. So its a short business.

Pretty busy enough not to do, and it isnt the money, although if one saw my tax bill.....

Mostly, its a thought of a small amount of products that might keep me son busy, as its proving harder for him
to find a job....

But Yes, I love to help....no, I dont like to work.....Retirement is wonderful, and I highly recommend to everyone to make it an early goal!

If for no other reason than more Pinball!!!

Youll get there too, John.....hopefully Soon!!!

1 week later
#83 7 years ago

Thanks!

I'll be posting an update later tonight with pics,
New info and more.

It's been 2 weeks, and we expect all orders to ship out tomorrow and Tuesday.

#84 7 years ago

All ready shipping!

Heres a pic with the decal on.

I have received all plastics for all orders, but the decals shipped separate.

I have no problem to install and ship complete, but can also send them loose, which
gives you both options.

I also checked and the decal looks very cool going up the metal ramp, or on the PKE right loop ramp...
Nice in both places.

So, as Im prepping, if you have ordered with a decal, and now wish it loose, you can PM me.
If you ordered without a decal, and wish to add on, please reach out too.
Likely, I might try to email all those, in case they dont see this post.

Very nice looking solution, and now with choices!

Look to Receive yours this week!

gb protector wdecal (resized).jpggb protector wdecal (resized).jpg

#86 7 years ago

Whew! About a dozen orders left to ship.....overseas....and will send those tomorrow!

About 15 pieces left, loose decals are also available.

If you wish one shipped out fast.....Send an order on in!

Ill hope to have strength for the outlane finishing and photos tomorrow as well.

#87 7 years ago

Great News for Fellow Pinheads in Canada and Europe!

I figured out a lower weight and cost to ship Protectors to Europe in Canada!

For Canada, a Plain Protector is now $5.00 LESS! $24.95 SHIPPED! With Decal Loose or applied, $29.95.
For Europe So far, its $6.00 Less $26.95 Plain and $31.95 With Decal Loose or applied.

Im reaching out to those who have placed orders for either a refund or upgrade. Should I miss you, please shoot me a PM.

Here are the details again:

USA

I have a few Ecto1 and Ecto1-A cars, hot wheels for $8.00
If you wish to add. They need Doubled sided tape, or Velcro to
add to your game, but you may need to adjust your Slimer
if you place on this plastic.

So, I dont have a business site up, and a direct Paypal to [email protected] will work.

#88 7 years ago

All orders Shipped!

If its Easier for many, Both Types are now available with a Buy it Now on Ebay.

They are available there for US, CANADA, and WORLDWIDE shipping.

ebay.com link: itm

ebay.com link: itm

(about 10% ish more to cover Ebay Fees)

1 week later
#93 7 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Thanks for doing these.
In regards to the PayPal method, do you prefer we select "Pay for goods or services" with you paying a fee, or the "Send money to friends and family" with no fee? I'd hate to choose the wrong option and have you deal with any type of issue down the line.
Thanks,
DtF

Thank you, Either way is fine.

The difference for Friends is It doesnt cost me an extra dollar.
It does mean you need to put your address in the notes section.

There is enough stock till Expo, so I do highly recommend ordering up over the weekend.

Im trying to finish the Sling and Inlane Jump Ball Protector to share in the next day or two.
(sorry for the delay...just poor health)

If you are waiting for those, I am hoping to be around $25-$29 for the pair shipped.
(as well as a bundle price)

These will be ready in 3-4 weeks, along with A Test Run of Ghost Trains....I hope.
Im testing a chasing light strip on this for fun.

Thanks for all the support!

Art

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from Bay78:

Also have one of these on order. Is there a difference in version from pro to premium/LE? Also is there any talk of trying to make a new Protector to protect the Ecto goggles screen?

No difference.

The Ecto Goggles broke from an air ball where no protector was present.
I cant see a demand yet, due to one instance, and especially with something already preventing airballs....seems redundant.

#100 7 years ago

Thank you...!

Orders will all ship Monday.

About 8 left for this week.....

#103 7 years ago

I have a customer who has a Pro, I dont know which version of Slimer yet, where Slimer is hitting.

The grub screw fixes this on Premium/LE, but I havent seen info on the new Pro mech, or if there are any adjustments.

Any help out there for this Fellow Pinsider, to adjust Slimer on a Pro?

We havent heard of this before.

1 week later
#109 7 years ago

Thank you! Ill be at Expo, so shipping will go out next week ASAP!

#113 7 years ago

Thank you! Stern was happy with them too!

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Yes Sir, Thank you. Payment sent. My wife's favorite machine leaving LOTR and AC/DC behind.... Your idea and product can only make this game even better. Stern should be sending you a gratitude gift card or something, at least a hoodie....

Thanks, but I didn't invent this, another pinsider
did, I just tried to improve and make available
and affordable.

I greatly appreciate the positive feedback.

I gave Joe the sling protector/inlane air Ball
plastic and I'll have clear and decaled samples
soon.

I'll be leaving Chicago tomorrow, so all orders
will ship on Wednesday.

#119 7 years ago

Thanks Blake.

Paypal shipping eas down all day, People should see shipping notifications tomorrow.

Thanks!

Art

#123 7 years ago

Please LMK if this is a more regular need on the Pro.

#125 7 years ago

I dont understand your issue exactly, but if I am guessing your ball on the left orbit, you can raise this plastic with a washer or two on the left side.

Despite all efforts, each GB is assembled slightly differently.

#127 7 years ago

I see your issue, and it is somewhat unique to your game specifically.

With the plastic on the right and left possibly needing raising, It is possible on the right to remove the
washers under the black metal plate in 2-3 positions, lowering that, and allowing more thread on the right.
Specifically on the left, I dont know if you have a washer under the plastic, that could now be moved above, to give the
extra height.
If this is not the case, and for whatever reason, wood thickness, screw depth sunk, Id have to physically be there or help with this reasoning.
On mine, I have enough room for a plastic protector washer, and then this plastic. Picture below.

If this doesnt work for you, and you cant find a solution, please feel free to return for a refund.

In this case, its a flat piece of plastic, and variations from Stern are the issue, more than the plastic, and Im unsure
how to solve other than the raising of the plastic with a washer or stand off.

I wouldnt know how to make unique individual ones based on this variance, but others have posted hand made ones, removing and bending the target frames, or adding additional foam as solutions.
(My foam tests, failed after a few hundred plays...the airballs came back, but in a less used, home environment, might be fine.)

Heres the pic of the "solution" look for extra height from washers on the thread....should be enough room.

Oh, and do to popular request, Formal note Ill repeat again. There is a plastic film on the product that protects against scratches when handling and cutting. Please remove the plastic film prior to install.
So sorry I didnt print instructions mentioning, "peel the film off" I kinda thought that was known. My error.

No need to send scathing emails about this.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#129 7 years ago

I have them local at a surplus store.

Shoot me a PM with your address, and Ill put a couple in the mail for you.

#131 7 years ago

In trying to understand your issue, is it that the protector needs raising,
as the ball is hitting it at the ramp position?

If so, yes, you will need to stack a few washers, a plastic protector washer, a cut piece of solid, pretty much anything that can get you some additional height. In the few cases where Stern has a Slightly different placement of the Ramp, and/or Slimer mechanism, this 1-3mm installation variation at the factory can affect the height needed.

Hopefully, as we have seen 2 small metal washers, or one clear plastic is all that is needed.

Of course, if you cant solve, or unhappy, please return for a refund.

It really is just a flat piece of plastic, and I wish I could say all games are precision made, 100% the same.....they simply arent.

But in this case you need some height clearance, and these are the first steps to achieve.

Art

#132 7 years ago

Looking to reach Zach Meny.....who just ordered.

I am in need of your address and email.....please PM Me.

#134 7 years ago

Thanks for the kind words...

Yes, Stern staff was kind enough to sharE
an "atta boy!"

#137 7 years ago

Repeat Bump......Only 1 Ecto 1A left!

Great News for Fellow Pinheads in Canada and Europe!
I figured out a lower weight and cost to ship Protectors to Europe in Canada!
For Canada, a Plain Protector is now $5.00 LESS! $24.95 SHIPPED! With Decal Loose or applied, $29.95.
For Europe So far, its $6.00 Less $26.95 Plain and $31.95 With Decal Loose or applied.
Im reaching out to those who have placed orders for either a refund or upgrade. Should I miss you, please shoot me a PM.
USA
I have a few Ecto1 and Ecto1-A cars, hot wheels for $8.00
If you wish to add. They need Doubled sided tape, or Velcro to
add to your game, but you may need to adjust your Slimer
if you place on this plastic.
So, I dont have a business site up, and a direct Paypal to [email protected] will work.

1 week later
#139 7 years ago

Thanks for the support!

Ecto1 Cars are sold out at this time.

I do not expect them to return, but will post if they do.

There may be some on Ebay still.

#141 7 years ago

Thanks for sharing.

As Joe is making these and selling as well,
same with Curly, and we talk, approx 5% to 10%
Of games have a slight variation in assembly, by a few mm, that can cause the height
issue.
Even a few emails where the posts on the playfield, vary in thread height, where the nut
won't even go back on.
Hex spacers are the answer, and
I don't believe I should add to every order, but if you need 3, just send me a note and add $1.00
for the 3.
I apologize there is no storefront, something will
be changing there in the future to make it all easier.

Please note, I have no way of knowing, if
Your game will need them or not, nor even
with the best intentions can I ask/have on
Stern making any changes to the game.
These suggestions should be sent to Stern,
And/Or posted.

2 weeks later
#143 7 years ago

USA

Bump.

I may be running down in stock, but am expecting more.

Get yours now/Reserve, as its likely Ill be closed for the Christmas Holiday thru New Years.

Im hoping to have the new side rails for testing this week, and Orders ASAP.

I believe firmly, this will be the most attractive, and superior product in the market.

#145 7 years ago

I hope to post final pics, but here are pics of the Proto.

Its my belief, that the decal over the metal inlane, will look much better.
If one wants a mini rubber, for their needs, it can be split and anchored below...I want to test that.
Its high enough for lane skips, and covers the full sling for full protection.
There is enough difference on lane height to be superior, and while others do that too, those dont
cover full sling plastic protection.
I also hope to offer for a lower price shipped, when done.
Everyone has been so busy...its been a little delayed.

When they arrive, Ill thoroughly test, I have several testers in line, and we can start orders.....

GB Lane Gaurds (resized).jpgGB Lane Gaurds (resized).jpg

GB Lane Gaurdsw (resized).jpgGB Lane Gaurdsw (resized).jpg

#147 7 years ago

Thats the fun part! Even if something works on my game, is to hope and try on others to reach the highest success rate.
I dont know yet how high we will get.

While I greatly appreciate feedback and suggestions, the hard part, perhaps unknown to many,
is what to do when I receive 20-30 changes, similar and different from fellow pinsiders....

What to do? I cant make 12 models, and send out 50-60 to free test, adapt, make more and release.
Having done things like this before...ie purple passion, strips 3 years ago, I found when I did this, and released, another round of opinions to change it came again.

Then there are variations in the game from Stern!

#148 7 years ago

BTW? So I understand your perspective, which radius?

Best to help with downloading the picture and marking up in photoshop, and sharing....
Its hard to understand visually from words, and this way I can check it out.

I respect your keen eye, but the test is in the physical, and the camera perspective may be
affecting this too.

#150 7 years ago

Thanks very much!!!!!!

#152 7 years ago

Yeah, you're right! , I do this mostly when I am heavily medicated...about 4 hours a day I feel normal.

But Jan 1, things need to change, and Im hoping my son will take over a small business side, so my trips to shows can still be business expenses!

I highly recommend this financial strategy to everyone here! How to go to Pinball shows Free!!!

So, as those that visit, I was shy on time when working...if you pass through Orlando and want a BBQ feast, or Awesome Thai, Shoot me a PM, and Im happy to share what Winter Park has to offer.....From Skycraft, to boat tours, the Best Tiffany Museum, and Park Avenue.
For Pinball, we have the Lounge, and the games here, so now its about saying hello to anyone visiting O town with a few hours...

Id rather do that then pull lightbulbs! Yikes! I feel for Ryan and Janet, as well as James, and Melissa!

#155 7 years ago

Thank you! All orders shipped! Awaiting next piece, next week...fingers crossed for perfection!

1 week later
#156 7 years ago

Weekly bump!

Ill try to make a new ad and add to store....Still so Busy!

New pics this weekend, I am hoping!

1 week later
#158 7 years ago

Sure, start with a washer or two under the plastic to raise it up.

If you need more height then that, small standoffs will do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-air-ball-protector-now-available?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.