(Topic ID: 173652)

Ghostbusters 1.11 code no playfield lights after update?

By mattartist

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dancameron
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7703 (resized).PNG
#1 7 years ago

Has anyone had an issue with 1-11 code were the game plays but all the lights are out? No illumination at all? The only lights I have are the DMD.

IMG_7703 (resized).PNGIMG_7703 (resized).PNG

#2 7 years ago

I would try reinstalling. I don't own the newer games but I've read through the other threads and haven't heard anything this major.

#3 7 years ago

Tried that and it's still. In talks with stern to fix.

#4 7 years ago

Yes have had the exact same problem,updated to new code and it lasted 5 games till this happened.
Had to reinstall 1.10 to fix the problem,going to try and redownload the latest code and try again.

#5 7 years ago

Glad it's not just me.... what a pain ah? Pat at stern support saying he's never seen this before and they are investigating! Let's see what they say.

And please do let me know if you manage to get it working.

#6 7 years ago

I'm in the same boat too after upgrading to 1.11 on this last batch of premiums.
Check that your node board 8 by the ball trough is communicating first before anybody tries this update.
My game delivered with 1.05 on it and that Node 8 went down in just five games but at least the upper portion of the PF was still in attract mode. Upgrading to 1.11 gave me the same result as Matt's first picture.

I pulled the plastic above the left scoop flasher and it already had the mylar covering the positive terminal of the flasher board as per Stern's update page. I still added more to the metal as well as the screw just to be safe.

When the game went down initially I want to say it was a combo left flipper hold/excessive left magnet use because the ball was swirling around on that left magnet for more than four seconds.

Either way, Spike seems like garbage compared to the rock solid SAM system.
Even my Whitestar LOTR was laughing...

#7 7 years ago

Cheers..... I'll check mode 8! I've reverted to code 1.10. Mine also shipped with 1.05 probably same batch as yours.

I also have a dodgy slimer. He doesn't move. He lives permanently near the firehouse.

#8 7 years ago

I so miss SAM. Spike is unreliable and I don't feel they are going to last long term. Boards are so expensive. Spike is bad news for pinball operators.

Quoted from NimblePin:

I'm in the same boat too after upgrading to 1.11 on this last batch of premiums.
Check that your node board 8 by the ball trough is communicating first before anybody tries this update.
My game delivered with 1.05 on it and that Node 8 went down in just five games but at least the upper portion of the PF was still in attract mode. Upgrading to 1.11 gave me the same result as Matt's first picture.
I pulled the plastic above the left scoop flasher and it already had the mylar covering the positive terminal of the flasher board as per Stern's update page. I still added more to the metal as well as the screw just to be safe.
When the game went down initially I want to say it was a combo left flipper hold/excessive left magnet use because the ball was swirling around on that left magnet for more than four seconds.
Either way, Spike seems like garbage compared to the rock solid SAM system.
Even my Whitestar LOTR was laughing...

#9 7 years ago

I have had some success with this.
Swapped node 8 and 9 with each other,changed the dip setting and reinstalled 1.11 and all is good,
what I suspect happened initially was the updating of the node boards on startup after the update with the pass through of data from node 9 to node 8.What gave it away was the slimer being driven from node 8.

#10 7 years ago

I'm new to all this pinball.... when you say Swaped node 8 and 9 with each other and the dip setting... is this an easy task?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from mattartist:

I'm new to all this pinball.... when you say Swaped node 8 and 9 with each other and the dip setting... is this an easy task?

Yes very easy ,they are the same board ,unscreww both boards and swap them overy then just need to set the dipswitch settings on both boards,in this case it is just dip 3 that needs to be turned on on one board and dip 3 on the other board to off,start the game up with your usb stick installed and follow the prompts on the screen

#12 7 years ago

Thanks so much

1 week later
#13 7 years ago

Well thought I had it sorted ,game lasted approx 30 games this time and back to no lights and slimer hard left.
Reinstalled 1.1 and all good.Email sent to Stern

#14 7 years ago

Update for my GBP went smoothly to the 1.11 once the new node 8 board was installed.
Must have just been a bad board in my game.

1 week later
#15 7 years ago

Hello folks,

I just received my first pin this week, played it with my son for a couple days, and then we did the update together. Sadly it booted up and now there are no lights, same issue as you all.

So gonna give them a call tomorrow morning and hopefully I'll get it fixed up quickly.

I was wondering if you have any recommendations now that it's been a couple weeks for you. Did the node switch work? How can you tell if that's the issue? I'm very confused by the node testing screens. I also assume it's not a Mylar issue, since it's a brand new batch from stern that I got.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-111-code-no-playfield-lights-after-update and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.