Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by tron1969
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 7 years ago

For me Ghostbusters as I prefer its ruleset design compared to ACDC's. Also, I like the layout of GB better as its more unique compared to the fan layout in ACDC.

Do you favor quest based rulsets or point's focused rulsets? Ghostbusters has a quest based rulset with modes that work the entire playfield and several mini wizard modes to reach (Are You a God wizard mode is coming from what I've read).

ACDC rules are more points focused. Personally I don't find the modes (the songs) in ACDC to be very unique as all of the modes have you focused on hitting the same shot over and over again which gets old. Also, there is little variety in the games multiball modes, the mini playfield lacks depth in terms of code, there are no custom callouts by band members, and the lack of mini wizard modes is disappointing.

ACDC is a fun to play but after owning it for over a year I grew tired of it for the reasons above and sold it.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

"all of the modes have you focused on hitting the same shot over and over again which gets old"
This is not correct. You owned it for over a year? What the...

Well, each song mode is focused on just one shot on the playfield for its primary scoring. For Hells Bells just hit the bell over and over, for Rosie shoot for the top lanes over and over, for You Shook Me All Night long hit the pops over and over.

Just as an example you are not required to say hit the left orbit, the right ramp, left ramp and then the bell to complete Hells Bells while an insert flashing for each of the required shot leads the player. Instead it's hit the main shot for that mode (the bell) over and over again and then just complete I think 7-9 random shots to light the juke box. After a while it just became very repetitious and got old for me. I know its a fun game and that a lot of people enjoy it, for me though the games ruleset didn't hold my interest.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

But ya, just shoot the same shot over and over. Lol.

Yup, I've read the rulesheets. Hit the primary shot for that mode for scoring and then a handful of other random shots to light the juke box. Repeat for each song.

Theres a lot of strategy to scoring but its not something I can remember while playing or find interesting. Hey like I said the game is fun, a lot of people like it, however as someone who prefers objective based rulesets I find the rules in ACDC to be on the boring side. I wish that the game had some objective based modes and multiballs such as those found in Metallica (Crank it Up modes).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbuster-premium-acdc-premium-or-theatre-of-magic?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.